Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley 10:00 - Nov 2 with 7650 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/46860/refwatch-dale-v-broml

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:11 - Nov 4 with 1970 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:02 - Nov 4 by dalenumber2

Why was their man sent off? I missed it completely.

After Rathbone had put in a crunching block tackle, their man appeared to stamp on Rathbone as he tried to get up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 19:27 - Nov 4 with 1847 viewsPhil

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 17:46 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

On another day, with a different referee, McNulty could have been sent-off.

Fortunately, the hysteria over the appointment proved unfounded.

The key word being Fortunately.
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:07 - Nov 4 with 1797 viewsrochdaleriddler

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 19:27 - Nov 4 by Phil

The ref was shite, FORTUNATELY for both sides

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:14 - Nov 4 with 1777 views442Dale

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:07 - Nov 4 by rochdaleriddler

The ref was shite, FORTUNATELY for both sides

He did alright. All three of the big calls could have gone either way, without seeing any of them again it's hard to say whether he got them right. That's proof enough he was far from bad.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:15 - Nov 4 with 1771 viewsrochdaleriddler

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:14 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

He did alright. All three of the big calls could have gone either way, without seeing any of them again it's hard to say whether he got them right. That's proof enough he was far from bad.

He was crap

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:16 - Nov 4 with 1762 viewsBobbyjoe

Well, I'd have disallowed the first goal for a foul on the edge of the box, and the second was never a penalty, for me! The ref, to his credit, always favoured the attacking team.
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:53 - Nov 4 with 1707 viewsnordenblue

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:15 - Nov 4 by rochdaleriddler

He was crap

Based on what?
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 22:05 - Nov 4 with 1636 viewsonedalefan

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:11 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

After Rathbone had put in a crunching block tackle, their man appeared to stamp on Rathbone as he tried to get up

Just seen it on the BBC website and although it's not clear, referee is in a good position to see what happened. Took a moment to think about what happened, didn't show a card straight away, like some do, and then made a decision. Thought overall he had a good game, a couple of minor errors but I always think if you go away not talking about the referee, then that's good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 22:27 - Nov 4 with 1582 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 22:05 - Nov 4 by onedalefan

Just seen it on the BBC website and although it's not clear, referee is in a good position to see what happened. Took a moment to think about what happened, didn't show a card straight away, like some do, and then made a decision. Thought overall he had a good game, a couple of minor errors but I always think if you go away not talking about the referee, then that's good enough.

As previously stated, the referee had a very good game, unobtrusive and got the major decisions right. The fact that most went - rightly - in our favour, is simply a reflection of our dominant play

Anyone claiming he had a poor game should have the ability to quote what he got wrong, but it appears, despite already being asked that question - they can't

Enough said

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 00:12 - Nov 5 with 1500 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 19:27 - Nov 4 by Phil

Really?

That’s just a comment to back up the hysteria rather than focussing on the 90 minutes witnessed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 00:13 - Nov 5 with 1499 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:15 - Nov 4 by rochdaleriddler

He was crap

That’s helpful.

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 00:14 - Nov 5 with 1498 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:16 - Nov 4 by Bobbyjoe

Well, I'd have disallowed the first goal for a foul on the edge of the box, and the second was never a penalty, for me! The ref, to his credit, always favoured the attacking team.

Blimey, BJ, did they provide TV monitors in the Willbutts?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 18:50 - Nov 5 with 1351 viewssoulboy

Whether he got the penalty decision right or not, it was refreshing to see a ref not conned by a player rolling around as if he'd been shot. When he refused to let the trainer on to attend to the Bromley player, he was up in a couple of seconds. It would be great if more refs were like that, the cheats would soon get sick of playacting.
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:59 - Nov 5 with 1265 viewsrochdaleriddler

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 22:27 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

As previously stated, the referee had a very good game, unobtrusive and got the major decisions right. The fact that most went - rightly - in our favour, is simply a reflection of our dominant play

Anyone claiming he had a poor game should have the ability to quote what he got wrong, but it appears, despite already being asked that question - they can't

Enough said

Err been out all day, not glued to the forum, he blew for a lot of fouls for them in the first half that looked fair challenges. My opinion, sorry I don't agree with others, I'll try not to offer a view as the gang are clearly right about everything

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 21:03 - Nov 5 with 1264 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:59 - Nov 5 by rochdaleriddler

Err been out all day, not glued to the forum, he blew for a lot of fouls for them in the first half that looked fair challenges. My opinion, sorry I don't agree with others, I'll try not to offer a view as the gang are clearly right about everything

Surely everyone is 'offering a view'. Whether you agree with those views or not is your prerogative, just like it is the prerogative of this mythical gang to agree or disagree with yours.

Why do people always refer to 'gangs' or 'cliques' when people disagree with them? If you're going to post on a forum, you're running the risk of such a thing happening.

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 21:15 - Nov 5 with 1244 viewsscarrow

Grow up. It's all about differing views and you are in the minority thinking the ref was poor yesterday. Get over it and stop spitting your dummy out.

Poll: Final position

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 23:38 - Nov 5 with 1168 viewsD_Alien

Most of us go out occasionally. It would've helped your cause no end if you'd simply offered an opinion backed up by some reasoning yesterday, then we'd all have been laughing, as was hoped the day before

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:27 - Nov 6 with 1081 viewsPhil

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 00:12 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Really?

That’s just a comment to back up the hysteria rather than focussing on the 90 minutes witnessed.

To be fair, "fortunately" was YOUR word of choice!

Facts are that a referee with no prior football league experience had an uneventful game and came it through it with no discredit to himself (although the pen at 1-0 looked soft). The game will serve him well for the future and I expect he'll get more league appointments on the back of it very soon.

I was wrong. I'm very happy to be so. Before the game we had NO IDEA what to expect from the referee because none of us had ever seen him before. So he became a talking point. Not "hysteria". But a talking point.

You could see the gulf in class between the two teams. Is it so unreasonable to be concerned that the same gulf in class might also exist with the referees? More likely is that we got a good one, on a good day.

RAFCBLUE made a reasonable and well researched argument and was called ignorant for their trouble. This kind of thing happens TIME AND TIME AGAIN. It scares off reasonable people and leaves only the clique and the trolls.
Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 1065 viewsRAFCBLUE

I'm an exile so didn't make the long round trip to the FA Cup game against a non-league opposition, but reading various opinions here and seeing the highlights, my initial reservations about the referee proved unfounded.

This was due mainly to a significant gulf in class between the two sides and an early Dale goal which removed the potential for being an upset, before the award of the penalty.

I'm still not impressed that the decision to trial Mr Miller was at our game, rather than others in the locality, but winning 4-0 it didn't matter.

As someone else said further up, we are all talking about the game and not the ref - ergo in my own mind he must have had a decent game.

As TVOS and others said in the build up and in good spirit, how do you develop referees without giving them a new experience? Both positions are valid opinions.

In the highlights I've seen Andrew Miller got most things right. I hoped he enjoyed the game and his first league ground ref experience.

There can, of course, be debate on individual decisions, such as the penalty and the two sending off decisions, the one for their player was right (for a stamp) and trying to be impartial the one not to dismiss McNulty appears wrong.

But we won - and that is all that I care about - however in Round 2, whoever we get, please let us have a tried and trusted official. We are only potentially 90 minutes away from Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or similar!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 9:52]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:58 - Nov 6 with 1049 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:27 - Nov 6 by Phil

Facts are that a referee with no prior football league experience had an uneventful game and came it through it with no discredit to himself (although the pen at 1-0 looked soft). The game will serve him well for the future and I expect he'll get more league appointments on the back of it very soon.

I was wrong. I'm very happy to be so. Before the game we had NO IDEA what to expect from the referee because none of us had ever seen him before. So he became a talking point. Not "hysteria". But a talking point.

You could see the gulf in class between the two teams. Is it so unreasonable to be concerned that the same gulf in class might also exist with the referees? More likely is that we got a good one, on a good day.

RAFCBLUE made a reasonable and well researched argument and was called ignorant for their trouble. This kind of thing happens TIME AND TIME AGAIN. It scares off reasonable people and leaves only the clique and the trolls.

You're right, 'fortunately' was my choice of word, although it was more in the context of what I perceived as an over the top reaction to the appointment rather than any suggestion that luck was involved on the day.

The penalty could have been awarded by any referee - indeed, look at that given to Manchester City yesterday for an example - so I don't think his lack of prior Football League experience had any bearing on that.

It was a low key game, which is probably what the appointments secretary expected. Of course, things don't always pan out that way, but I think the people who make these decisions have enough experience and enough about them to make the correct judgement. His name wouldn't have just been picked from a hat - it would have been a carefully thought out appointment.

RAFCBLUE did make some reasoned points which were discussed at length beforehand and since. He also, in my opinion, made some points which I and others didn't agree with. That's the nature of a forum.

It's just a shame that yet again, as soon as someone's views are challenged, the word 'clique' is trotted out. It's simply differences of opinion.

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:03 - Nov 6 with 1034 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:49 - Nov 6 by RAFCBLUE

I'm an exile so didn't make the long round trip to the FA Cup game against a non-league opposition, but reading various opinions here and seeing the highlights, my initial reservations about the referee proved unfounded.

This was due mainly to a significant gulf in class between the two sides and an early Dale goal which removed the potential for being an upset, before the award of the penalty.

I'm still not impressed that the decision to trial Mr Miller was at our game, rather than others in the locality, but winning 4-0 it didn't matter.

As someone else said further up, we are all talking about the game and not the ref - ergo in my own mind he must have had a decent game.

As TVOS and others said in the build up and in good spirit, how do you develop referees without giving them a new experience? Both positions are valid opinions.

In the highlights I've seen Andrew Miller got most things right. I hoped he enjoyed the game and his first league ground ref experience.

There can, of course, be debate on individual decisions, such as the penalty and the two sending off decisions, the one for their player was right (for a stamp) and trying to be impartial the one not to dismiss McNulty appears wrong.

But we won - and that is all that I care about - however in Round 2, whoever we get, please let us have a tried and trusted official. We are only potentially 90 minutes away from Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or similar!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 9:52]

Your third sentence to me is where your argument partly fell down, as it was the fact is was OUR game rather than just A game that seemed to be the issue.

As I said at the time, it was probably because of the geographical and pyramid distance between the clubs that made it quite a sensible appointment.

And as far as I'm aware, trialling these officials only happens in round one, so this debate is unlikely to surface again.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:05]

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:08 - Nov 6 with 1026 viewsrochdaleriddler

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 21:15 - Nov 5 by scarrow

Grow up. It's all about differing views and you are in the minority thinking the ref was poor yesterday. Get over it and stop spitting your dummy out.

No dummies spat out here petal, being in the majority doesn't mean it's right. City's third goal was offside yesterday imho the pundits said different, me thinking the referee was poor Saturday and most people thinking he was great is fine
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:23]

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:12 - Nov 6 with 1023 viewsdingdangblue

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 20:16 - Nov 4 by Bobbyjoe

How was the 1st goal a foul? Their player trying to tackle Inman falls over? Absolutely no Bromley player appeals for a foul? Not even the player involved with Inman.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:36 - Nov 6 with 994 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:58 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

You're right, 'fortunately' was my choice of word, although it was more in the context of what I perceived as an over the top reaction to the appointment rather than any suggestion that luck was involved on the day.

The penalty could have been awarded by any referee - indeed, look at that given to Manchester City yesterday for an example - so I don't think his lack of prior Football League experience had any bearing on that.

It was a low key game, which is probably what the appointments secretary expected. Of course, things don't always pan out that way, but I think the people who make these decisions have enough experience and enough about them to make the correct judgement. His name wouldn't have just been picked from a hat - it would have been a carefully thought out appointment.

RAFCBLUE did make some reasoned points which were discussed at length beforehand and since. He also, in my opinion, made some points which I and others didn't agree with. That's the nature of a forum.

It's just a shame that yet again, as soon as someone's views are challenged, the word 'clique' is trotted out. It's simply differences of opinion.

And the fact that these discussions are taking place at all, disproves the insinuation that people don't post except for 'cliques' and 'trolls'

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 10:39 - Nov 6 with 985 viewsScunnydale

Refwatch: Dale v Bromley on 09:27 - Nov 6 by Phil

"It scares off reasonable people and leaves only the clique and the trolls"

Are you part of the 'clique' or the other one?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024