Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham 14:08 - Nov 18 with 18801 views442Dale

No MJ Williams?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham on 17:47 - Nov 18 with 3199 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham on 17:43 - Nov 18 by rochdaleriddler

I don't want to chance that, league two is awful, this was to be a push on season

You seriously thought this was a push on season when we lost 3 of our best players?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham on 17:55 - Nov 18 with 3150 viewsShun

Match thread: Oldham on 17:46 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

After a terrible start and a not unsurprising display of utter ineptness by McNulty, we achieved parity and were taking the game to them second half when, once again, a long delay in play saw our rhythm disappear and Latics kill off the game - something Hendo should've done for us when we were on top

Yes, 442 - the elephant in midfield, creating an imbalance which sees us largely outfought in this key area. But tbf, Ollie Rathbone has lost something this season (second season syndrome and he'll come good) but it leaves us dreadfully short

Only when Bunney was brought on to make the most of the space on the left did we really turn up

Disappointed with the outcome, and we need to win next week to ease the pressure

Not sure what's happened to our midfield this season, but two of our best players from last season, Rathbone and Camps, have been like shades compared to their previous selves. I'm not sure whether it's due to a formation change or what, but it's really affecting us.
Match thread: Oldham on 17:59 - Nov 18 with 3121 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 16:58 - Nov 18 by Dale23years

Wonder how long it's takes for someone to say Hill is our greatest manager we've had, and be carefull what you wished for.

The Hill thinks he's better manager than he is,sooner he's fcuks off the better
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 17:00]

You're replying to yourself now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham on 18:00 - Nov 18 with 3108 viewsKnowlesy

Match thread: Oldham on 17:47 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

You seriously thought this was a push on season when we lost 3 of our best players?

I thought we would too, to be fair. We signed what looked like some important players; Done, Williams11, Williams 12, whereas Lund didn't seem that big a miss at the time for me personally as he missed a lot of games, Mendez was brilliant but only for half a season (for us), and it was generally accepted that we SHOULD have enough in midfield to cope with Jamie Allen's absence. As I mentioned earlier, most replacements have disappointed and other players aren't living up to their billing.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 18:29]
Match thread: Oldham on 18:02 - Nov 18 with 3081 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 17:17 - Nov 18 by Shun

I think we were unlucky to lose that, especially by that scoreline which didn't represent the play. The second half until they scored we were much better than them.

Kosi was terrible, Bunney much better. And that was probably Inman's worst display.

Can't agree with you there Shun. We were second best throughout and Oldham deserved to win. The basics of the game were sadly lacking from our performance and it's very worrying.

Match thread: Oldham on 18:06 - Nov 18 with 3041 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 17:34 - Nov 18 by Dale23years

Explain why it's embarrassing ?? our displays, our tactics,our passing, our pressing, our defending,our attacking threat, our signings, our choices of subs is/are shocking do you agree ????

If agree tell we why Keith hill shouldn't fcuk off from our club

Well for a start, we'd have to pay off his five year contract.

Match thread: Oldham on 18:06 - Nov 18 with 3047 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Oldham on 17:34 - Nov 18 by Dale23years

Explain why it's embarrassing ?? our displays, our tactics,our passing, our pressing, our defending,our attacking threat, our signings, our choices of subs is/are shocking do you agree ????

If agree tell we why Keith hill shouldn't fcuk off from our club

And install who as manager?
Match thread: Oldham on 18:08 - Nov 18 with 3036 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham on 18:02 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

Can't agree with you there Shun. We were second best throughout and Oldham deserved to win. The basics of the game were sadly lacking from our performance and it's very worrying.

Oldham deserved the win, but there was a period of about 15 minutes prior to their CB being injured where we started creating chances and were on the front foot. Still can't understand what stopped Hendo from poking the ball home, apart from him just trying to be clever with it instead of doing the simple thing

It cost us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham on 18:10 - Nov 18 with 3021 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 17:46 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

After a terrible start and a not unsurprising display of utter ineptness by McNulty, we achieved parity and were taking the game to them second half when, once again, a long delay in play saw our rhythm disappear and Latics kill off the game - something Hendo should've done for us when we were on top

Yes, 442 - the elephant in midfield, creating an imbalance which sees us largely outfought in this key area. But tbf, Ollie Rathbone has lost something this season (second season syndrome and he'll come good) but it leaves us dreadfully short

Only when Bunney was brought on to make the most of the space on the left did we really turn up

Disappointed with the outcome, and we need to win next week to ease the pressure

We've got to go to Charlton on Tuesday first.

Match thread: Oldham on 18:11 - Nov 18 with 3006 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 18:08 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

Oldham deserved the win, but there was a period of about 15 minutes prior to their CB being injured where we started creating chances and were on the front foot. Still can't understand what stopped Hendo from poking the ball home, apart from him just trying to be clever with it instead of doing the simple thing

It cost us

He should have scored or at least forced the keeper into a more difficult save. I can't recall us creating anything else.

Match thread: Oldham on 18:13 - Nov 18 with 2994 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham on 18:10 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

We've got to go to Charlton on Tuesday first.

Oh aye. We could be under even more pressure next Saturday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham on 18:14 - Nov 18 with 2986 viewsrochdale_ranger

Poor defense that cant handle set pieces, no teeth up front, the back line play it amongst themselves and pass it back to the keeper far to much which creates nothing other then panic. No confidence or flair in the team whatsoever. I thought the bromley game would have rejuvenated us a bit.
Match thread: Oldham on 18:15 - Nov 18 with 2985 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Oldham on 17:59 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

You're replying to yourself now.

He's making up for not posting after a decent result
Match thread: Oldham on 18:15 - Nov 18 with 2976 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham on 18:00 - Nov 18 by Knowlesy

I thought we would too, to be fair. We signed what looked like some important players; Done, Williams11, Williams 12, whereas Lund didn't seem that big a miss at the time for me personally as he missed a lot of games, Mendez was brilliant but only for half a season (for us), and it was generally accepted that we SHOULD have enough in midfield to cope with Jamie Allen's absence. As I mentioned earlier, most replacements have disappointed and other players aren't living up to their billing.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 18:29]

Both Williams are totally unproven at this level - certainly no replacement for any of the 3 we lost - just yet - they may still come good. It looks like it's going to be a season of struggle for a change under Hill - bring it on! Certainly will be a different feeling to going for the top 6 but if we get out of it it will feel great all the same. People saying he should 'fcuk off' just shows a total lack of respect for the 99% of great things Keith Hill has done for our club.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham on 18:38 - Nov 18 with 2821 viewsfrenzied

Match thread: Oldham on 18:15 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

Both Williams are totally unproven at this level - certainly no replacement for any of the 3 we lost - just yet - they may still come good. It looks like it's going to be a season of struggle for a change under Hill - bring it on! Certainly will be a different feeling to going for the top 6 but if we get out of it it will feel great all the same. People saying he should 'fcuk off' just shows a total lack of respect for the 99% of great things Keith Hill has done for our club.

without Keith Hill we would have never have got promoted once let alone twice....ok so we are having a hard time this season,Hilly will be feeling this more than most,but i have every confidence that come the end of game 46 there will be at least 4 teams below us..this isn't a time for fair weather fans and players being criticised from the terraces..for me theres no lack of effort on the pitch
Match thread: Oldham on 18:58 - Nov 18 with 2698 viewsrochdale_ranger

First real rough spot that we have gone through with Hill at the helm. We had a shite start to last season and the same lot were calling for him to go and we only just missed out on the play offs. Granted we have no real flair in the team but I still think at worst we will just avoid relegation.We have a mid table squad and I think thats where we'll finish. If we are still performing like this in Jan thats when I'll be getting panicky.
Match thread: Oldham on 19:01 - Nov 18 with 2682 viewsKenBoon

I thought it was two very poor teams but they absolutely deserved to win. Our defensive uselessness wasn't a surprise, but our players struggling to even control a football was. That was really poor today. People who said we'd know where we stand after these games have the answer I and many could have given them ages ago. We're in a spot of bother.
Match thread: Oldham on 19:18 - Nov 18 with 2596 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Oldham on 18:38 - Nov 18 by frenzied

without Keith Hill we would have never have got promoted once let alone twice....ok so we are having a hard time this season,Hilly will be feeling this more than most,but i have every confidence that come the end of game 46 there will be at least 4 teams below us..this isn't a time for fair weather fans and players being criticised from the terraces..for me theres no lack of effort on the pitch

It speaks volumes when your looking/hoping for 4 poorer teams to avoid bottom 4.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Oldham on 19:20 - Nov 18 with 2578 viewsseasidedale

Wonder if its worth trying MJ Williams at centre back, he played there for Liverpool, cant be any worse, mind that leaves a gap in centre midfield, any thoughts
Match thread: Oldham on 19:21 - Nov 18 with 2582 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Oldham on 19:01 - Nov 18 by KenBoon

I thought it was two very poor teams but they absolutely deserved to win. Our defensive uselessness wasn't a surprise, but our players struggling to even control a football was. That was really poor today. People who said we'd know where we stand after these games have the answer I and many could have given them ages ago. We're in a spot of bother.

A tad more than a spot of bother methinks.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Oldham on 19:21 - Nov 18 with 2575 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 19:18 - Nov 18 by kiwidale

It speaks volumes when your looking/hoping for 4 poorer teams to avoid bottom 4.

But isn't that the case for all teams who are in a relegation battle, which we are?

Match thread: Oldham on 19:33 - Nov 18 with 2490 viewsregjenkins

Match thread: Oldham on 19:01 - Nov 18 by KenBoon

You hit the nail with that Ken. The basics were lacking, i would add that there seemed little leadership today. Oh for a Gary Jones..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:48 - Nov 18 with 2407 viewsscarrow

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Oldham on 19:55 - Nov 18 with 2348 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Oldham on 18:15 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

A manager is as good as his results, ours are poor, and I think complacency has hit our club at all levels, if he can't stop the rot, someone else can I would give it till Jan and have a look . I don't hold with all this respect bollox, we need to start winning ffs

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Oldham on 20:41 - Nov 18 with 2208 viewsDaley_Lama

Better team won.

First half they were quicker than us in all areas, we looked a bit shell-shocked at times.

Second half much better, we reached parity with them, trading attack for attack.

Wrestling free-kick between defender and striker, poor clearance (quite a few of those today) drops nicely and good finish. 3rd was a sweet strike.

Hilly swung momentum our way with Bunney on, it went from their RB (2) terrorising us to our LB terrorising him. Bunney and Inman (at fault for goal and poor til that point) start d to dominate down the left.

Wellens countered with a nippy RM who pushed Bunney back and swung it their way once again.

Of their players

2 - great going forward, daft mistake for our goal
29 - really good, reminded me of J Allen
9 - Davies - physically battered us at the back
13 - Doyle - Too good for us

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024