Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread 21:31 - May 11 with 31490 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 May 2018 14:13]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:55 - May 13 with 3537 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:53 - May 13 by monmouth

We have to cash in on Mawson at maximum hype. He is very ordinary and often extraordinarily poor. Sell pdq.

Let me be the first to say, I’m really glad that we don’t have to endure another season of that shit, which is what it would have been, even though the Chumpionship is a truly appalling thought. I don’t think we are coming back anytime soon.

F*ck you Jenkins, Dineen and all. You bunch of utter c*nts. F*ck you Yankers.

This with knobs on.
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:55 - May 13 with 3532 viewsBLAZE

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:53 - May 13 by jack2jack

It's been an honour and a pleasure guys but it's all over
Thanks for the memories

No it's really not. We survived something like 97 years of our history outside the top flight. Life, and Swansea City goes on...

Edit. Maths.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 17:47]
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:59 - May 13 with 3365 viewscrtz

remember when the res and others said we would be better without Gylfi

XD
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:04 - May 13 with 3208 viewsmoonie

This hurts.
This is sickening but it's happened so what happens now is down to our owners .We are utterly in their hands.

Personally ,no offer from any of our squad should be ignored including Mawson , who s been rumbled.

He showed promise but he s way off the standard of PL

I d like Fab to stay but looking at his face at the end, I d say he s off. All of his colleagues have let him down ,as have the managers.

Both the Ayew brothers can go too as neither has the discipline or composure .

We await Jenkins removal with immediate effect. If not, we ll fall right through
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:04 - May 13 with 3202 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:59 - May 13 by crtz

remember when the res and others said we would be better without Gylfi

XD

We could well have been if somebody that knew what they were doing was in control of recruitment.

My concern at the time was not that he was going, players move on and we have to live with it, but that we would make a mess of recruiting players to strengthen the team.
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:05 - May 13 with 3191 viewsLibertarian

Thanks jackharris for a season of matchday threads.

Good work & much appreciated.
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:05 - May 13 with 3191 viewsdameedna

That was hard to watch apart from leon.

Too many chances and not quite the quality or luck in or on our side.

What a rotten season that was.

No love lost there.
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - May 13 with 3162 viewsWingstandwood

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:41 - May 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thanks for correcting me, Bluey. I remember posting how I thought Warnock was an excellent appointment and how it was foolish for our fans to mock your very brief run of poor form a few months ago.

I hope you achieve some memorable results next season that your fans will remember forever, but ultimately come back to join us in the second division in 12 months time. It is a real shame we couldn't see two Welsh clubs in the top tier again.

SCFC has metamorphosed into nothing but an hedge fund, a jobs-for-the-boys greed initiative and money-feeding-trough for absolute greedy scum!!!!!

I no longer recognise it to be the football club I once loved so dearly. All the parasites, the vultures that have either continued to be on the pocket-stuffing payroll or been added to that payroll have contributed absolutely f#ck all to the club. In fact it's the total opposite they've been ruinous Trojan-horse impostor scum.

And still they'll desperately try to hang on! Jenkins, Dineen, Mr Money Ball, 'advisor' Landon Donovan, Mr Travel Club Van Zweden etc, etc, etc should not be seen anywhere near the club. One positive! i.e. the juicy Premier League carcass and its juicy offering is to be replaced by the lesser pickings of a bare skeleton Championship alternative.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - May 13 with 3154 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:22 - May 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am sure he is. He'll be a second division goalkeeper in 30 minutes time, when he should be playing at the very highest level. He has done tremendously well to put last season behind him where he was probably the worst goalkeeper in the league. I hope he goes on to win some trophies elsewhere.

Fab was already saying bye bye at the end!!

He'll be gone before next season starts and good luck to him

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - May 13 with 3123 viewsmoonie

IT comes to something when Leon is clearly the best player on our team followed by Rangel.

These players should have replaced long ago.

My God, however, Leon our greatest ever player
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - May 13 with 3128 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:22 - May 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am sure he is. He'll be a second division goalkeeper in 30 minutes time, when he should be playing at the very highest level. He has done tremendously well to put last season behind him where he was probably the worst goalkeeper in the league. I hope he goes on to win some trophies elsewhere.

You went through all last season strongly criticicising him and now you're strongly praising him. You were wrong then and are right now. He hasn't changed. It's not a weakness for you to admit that you've changed your mind.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:08 - May 13 with 3065 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:42 - May 13 by Shaky

Actually updating the league tables without results being in is fcuking stupid.

That’s why they are known as ‘as it stands’ league tables.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:10 - May 13 with 3003 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - May 13 by Glyn1

You went through all last season strongly criticicising him and now you're strongly praising him. You were wrong then and are right now. He hasn't changed. It's not a weakness for you to admit that you've changed your mind.

I was not wrong at all, I was absolutely correct all throughout last season. In the end no goalkeeper in the league made more mistakes leading to goals than Fabianski did.

This season he has been outstanding, arguably the second best goalkeeper in the league. Do not call me wrong just because you are clearly heavily biased.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:11 - May 13 with 3006 viewsmoonie

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:13 - May 13 with 2947 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - May 13 by moonie

IT comes to something when Leon is clearly the best player on our team followed by Rangel.

These players should have replaced long ago.

My God, however, Leon our greatest ever player

Awfully generous appraisal of Leon & Angel today. Who says there's no room for sentiment in football, eh?
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:21 - May 13 with 2807 viewsCooperman

Right, all the best for the future, Carlos; please close the door on the way out.
You were not the most inspiring of appointments, IMO you were the just the latest in the long line of strange recruitments in recent times. Admittedly you brought some new manager bounce but you then seemed to run out of ideas. It’s akin to pretty much your entire managerial career. In this latest chapter you certainly were not helped by the tools at your disposal, that said I found some of your selections a little baffling, none more so than today. You clearly were not going for it today so I’d like to hear your explanation for not giving Byers at least a place on the bench.

I’m not overly disappointed at relegation. It goes without saying that I would have liked us to retain Premier League status, particularly as CCFC have gone up. However it provides an opportunity for us to regroup which is something that the pressure of PL life would have made nigh on impossible. Above all else, and speaking personally, it gives me a chance to get our younger generation involved in the match day experience. I couldn’t do this regularly in the PL due to ticket shortages. However come August I reckon I’ll be able to sit sandwiched by my kids and that will make me far happier than I have been sat on my own whilst bemoaning the tactics of Clement and Carlos.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 18:22]

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:23 - May 13 with 2766 viewsmoonie

I'm not so sure . I'm not sentimental hence my criticism of Routledge whose selective is utterly bizarrely.I challenge anyone to justify his inclusion at any time this season.

Leon won the ball, passed it to a colleague ,was in the right place and moved forward . Just a shame Ki Carroll Clucas didn't have the basic balls he has,not to mention football ability.

As for Angel, I'm not sure he d turn his back on the ball in way Naughton does consistently.

One brighter note was Olsson who had a much better game.

All in all, utterly weird season ,which has affected us all
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:34 - May 13 with 2654 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 16:16 - May 13 by moonie

This perchrocks character.

Could someone give me some backgrouNd

I'm confused

Routledge finally off the field of play then .

If you are not Perch then you are almost certainly attempting to portray yourself as him.

If you are him then you need to grow up.

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:39 - May 13 with 2605 viewsmoonie

What is it that seems to upset you so.? Is it my condemnation of Routledge which is shared by many

Try to stick to topic please
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:40 - May 13 with 2595 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:45 - May 13 with 2531 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:39 - May 13 by moonie

What is it that seems to upset you so.? Is it my condemnation of Routledge which is shared by many

Try to stick to topic please

The funny thing about Routledge is that while he was never, ever going to score that one on one, how often do we see any other Swansea player make that kind of run to get that chance? Everyone else plays in front of defences.

The Ayews today were both shocking. One headless chicken and one wannabe Messi trying to do it all himself in the most difficult way.
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:45 - May 13 with 2528 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:40 - May 13 by Headmaster

That’s a different slant to the headlines of last Thursday.

It’s a big ‘no thanks’ from me.

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:48 - May 13 with 2485 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:45 - May 13 by jasper_T

The funny thing about Routledge is that while he was never, ever going to score that one on one, how often do we see any other Swansea player make that kind of run to get that chance? Everyone else plays in front of defences.

The Ayews today were both shocking. One headless chicken and one wannabe Messi trying to do it all himself in the most difficult way.

Routledge is transparently past his best, but his vision and awareness is far superior to most of our players.

I think I'd let both Ayew's go, Jordan I'd keep for ability but we'll get a good fee for him. Andre is just not right.
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:48 - May 13 with 2478 viewsmoonie

Agreed Mr Cooper.

Quite why My Carvalhal isn't already en route to Lisboa is beyond me.

It's more worrying that before if that's the case
The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 18:05 - May 13 with 2333 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus Stoke City Match Thread on 17:45 - May 13 by Cooperman

That’s a different slant to the headlines of last Thursday.

It’s a big ‘no thanks’ from me.

Obviously the board must have plans in relation to who’s who, but for me Carlos has proved that he is capable of reaching the playoffs. So personally I’d be happy to see him stay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024