Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Update 14:14 - Jul 24 with 32256 viewsheywooddale

Quick Synopsis: Unused tickets being donated to Keyworkers over the next two years.
You can opt out if you don't want this to happen with your tickets
No details of refund policy

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/st1920_update/
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 14:16]
Season Ticket Update on 12:06 - Jul 30 with 2365 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 11:59 - Jul 30 by dawlishdale

I'm sure I read that the Sandy Lane stand will not be open next season due to social distancing issues. Thus, I wonder how much people backing the club are willing to pay for:

Main Stand (or Willbutts stand, as I doubt away fans will be allowed) and TDS stand.

Last year prices were

Main Stand £250 (£350 after early bird discount)
TDS £200 (£300 after early bird discount)

There were no discounts for OAP's I think this means that OAP's now pay more than before the "cheap" ticket scheme started; especially when you factor in huge price rises for car parking at the ground, which has more than doubled in the past 2 seasons...a big factor for our OAP's.

Also, please remember that you might not be able to sit with your mates at games; we don't know how many games we will actually see, and we have just released our three leading goalscorers.

And if we are so desperate for money, how about the £20 season ticket for juniors pricing? Perhaps that will have to rise, seeing as our capacity will be so much reduced. Before, we had thousands of empty seats to fill, and so I was all in favour of juniors for next to nothing, but maybe things will be different now....

I'd imagine the away stand would come into play for home fans for some, if not all, of the new season in order to add home capacity.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Update on 12:21 - Jul 30 with 2311 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 12:06 - Jul 30 by judd

I'd imagine the away stand would come into play for home fans for some, if not all, of the new season in order to add home capacity.

Surely this will happen?

I'm of the opinion that having away fans travelling across the country and mingling with all and sundry in local pubs is a sure-fire way of spreading the virus. it'd be madness to allow that to happen, and with stadia capacities limited no financial benefit either

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Update on 12:27 - Jul 30 with 2296 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Update on 12:21 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

Surely this will happen?

I'm of the opinion that having away fans travelling across the country and mingling with all and sundry in local pubs is a sure-fire way of spreading the virus. it'd be madness to allow that to happen, and with stadia capacities limited no financial benefit either

Fair point. Will there be a restriction on fans that live away from the borough from travelling too as the risk will be the same - although perhaps in smaller numbers
Season Ticket Update on 12:28 - Jul 30 with 2294 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 12:21 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

Surely this will happen?

The only financial benefit being that we usually charge away fans more than we would in the Pearl Street stand.

Season Ticket Update on 12:32 - Jul 30 with 2275 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 12:28 - Jul 30 by judd

The only financial benefit being that we usually charge away fans more than we would in the Pearl Street stand.

True, but if that limits the home fan capacity preventing fans from attending, it'd be counterproductive in being locally divisive and possibly losing those unable to attend

Season Ticket Update on 12:33 - Jul 30 with 2270 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 12:32 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

True, but if that limits the home fan capacity preventing fans from attending, it'd be counterproductive in being locally divisive and possibly losing those unable to attend

Money talks.

See Sunderland at home for example.

Season Ticket Update on 12:37 - Jul 30 with 2254 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 12:33 - Jul 30 by judd

Money talks.

See Sunderland at home for example.

True again

I'd hope there's some kind of national directive on away fan attendance. Home fans unable to get into home ends might try sneaking in as away fans; you'd end up getting mugged

Season Ticket Update on 12:40 - Jul 30 with 2246 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 12:37 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

True again

I'd hope there's some kind of national directive on away fan attendance. Home fans unable to get into home ends might try sneaking in as away fans; you'd end up getting mugged

Getting mugged at Rochdale?

Hmm.....

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Update on 13:01 - Jul 30 with 2182 viewsChaffRAFC

Season Ticket Update on 11:12 - Jul 30 by judd

I won't disagree that the value for money has made watching us acceptable.

I am not privy to the numbers of season tickets sold pre and during the low price era, but what I do believe is that we just do not sell as a club. If we cannot shift a low priced ticket for bottom end league 1 performances then how can we justify increasing prices and expect the same number to purchase the season tickets?

What market research has been undertaken to understand local pricing points to get people to Spotland both from a season ticket perspective or an on the day walk up? Competitor pricing is largely irrelevant as most football fans will only support one team. It's alternatives to attending matches that are the threat to Rochdale.

You believe the club has more staff, players and non-players - I believe this to not be the case right now.

As for Liam Gallagher, it is a fact that musicians used to make their money from record/CD sales, and tours and live performances promoted sales of the record, these tours usually at a loss offset by record sales. With a massive decline in the sales of CDs, artists now make their money from performing live and gig ticket prices have rocketed in recent years.

Where would you stand now if the club reinstated the Gala Dinner end of season night, assuming social distancing had disappeared?

"Where would you stand now if the club reinstated the Gala Dinner end of season night, assuming social distancing had disappeared?"

I'd be very much against it as I was at the time if it was at the expense of the end of season do. Kids weren't allowed at that Gala Dinner which was my main issue along with a massive increase in price. The whole point of the End of Season awards night was that the fans had interaction with the players and management. The gala dinner seemed exclusive to the elite, excluded the young fans for no apparent reason and was at the expense of the traditional end of season do when it could have been a separate event.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Update on 13:04 - Jul 30 with 2167 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 13:01 - Jul 30 by ChaffRAFC

"Where would you stand now if the club reinstated the Gala Dinner end of season night, assuming social distancing had disappeared?"

I'd be very much against it as I was at the time if it was at the expense of the end of season do. Kids weren't allowed at that Gala Dinner which was my main issue along with a massive increase in price. The whole point of the End of Season awards night was that the fans had interaction with the players and management. The gala dinner seemed exclusive to the elite, excluded the young fans for no apparent reason and was at the expense of the traditional end of season do when it could have been a separate event.

This post has been edited by an administrator

But the club needs the money now more than ever?

Season Ticket Update on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 2165 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 12:27 - Jul 30 by Dalenet

Fair point. Will there be a restriction on fans that live away from the borough from travelling too as the risk will be the same - although perhaps in smaller numbers

Sorry, missed this earlier, and a very good point in terms of potential national directives

Thinking of clubs like Man U, a very small percentage of their regular attendance live locally, and it'd be another huge hit for Ryanair

So another quite complex picture for the authorities to deal with

Season Ticket Update on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 2128 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Update on 11:41 - Jul 30 by AtThePeake

Happy to put my hands up and say I'm not a real fan then because there's no chance I'm paying £30 to watch a League One game.

Ditto.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Ticket Update on 13:41 - Jul 30 with 2090 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 11:59 - Jul 30 by dawlishdale

I'm sure I read that the Sandy Lane stand will not be open next season due to social distancing issues. Thus, I wonder how much people backing the club are willing to pay for:

Main Stand (or Willbutts stand, as I doubt away fans will be allowed) and TDS stand.

Last year prices were

Main Stand £250 (£350 after early bird discount)
TDS £200 (£300 after early bird discount)

There were no discounts for OAP's I think this means that OAP's now pay more than before the "cheap" ticket scheme started; especially when you factor in huge price rises for car parking at the ground, which has more than doubled in the past 2 seasons...a big factor for our OAP's.

Also, please remember that you might not be able to sit with your mates at games; we don't know how many games we will actually see, and we have just released our three leading goalscorers.

And if we are so desperate for money, how about the £20 season ticket for juniors pricing? Perhaps that will have to rise, seeing as our capacity will be so much reduced. Before, we had thousands of empty seats to fill, and so I was all in favour of juniors for next to nothing, but maybe things will be different now....

Accy (who we are oft compared with in terms of budget etc) froze theirs on 19/2/20 for this season with an early bird of £219 for renewing fans, then the virus hit. No idea on current status of sales/early bird extension, but I would have thought it would be difficult to go back on their announcement, even taking Covid into account.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2020/february/202021-season-ticket-pric

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Update on 13:51 - Jul 30 with 2061 viewsChaffRAFC

Season Ticket Update on 13:04 - Jul 30 by judd

But the club needs the money now more than ever?

They could have held a dinner, like at the time, just not at the expense of the traditional end of season do.

I've never been against the Gala Dinner as a separate event but to have it instead of the End of the Season do was wrong.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Update on 14:12 - Jul 30 with 2023 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 13:51 - Jul 30 by ChaffRAFC

They could have held a dinner, like at the time, just not at the expense of the traditional end of season do.

I've never been against the Gala Dinner as a separate event but to have it instead of the End of the Season do was wrong.

Of course thinking outside of the box about other potential revenue streams that does not insult tradition is to be encouraged, but was not the scenario I was referring, as well you know.

Back to the original point. I have no idea of the proposed price increase in season ticket prices, but having read the recent Trust statement, would take that the proposal is significantly more than what might be deemed inflationary or cost of living and entirely justifiable.

Season Ticket Update on 15:27 - Jul 30 with 1926 viewsJames1980

With the card entry system if a game(s) is missed because of being played behind closed doors. A credit could roll over to the next season or to be used in the shop.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season Ticket Update on 21:41 - Jul 30 with 1709 views442Dale

It’s things like this that make it a logistical nightmare. Things will change so much over the coming season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Update on 22:43 - Jul 30 with 1640 viewsLAClues

Hey, duplicity. Duplicitous.

NIMBY
Season Ticket Update on 12:19 - Jul 31 with 1484 views442Dale

Season Ticket Update on 21:41 - Jul 30 by 442Dale

It’s things like this that make it a logistical nightmare. Things will change so much over the coming season.

<<Spectators 'no longer allowed to attend UK pilot sports events'

Dan Roan
BBC Sports editor
The prime minister is set to announce that fans will no longer be permitted to attend the sporting pilot events allowing limited numbers of spectators at Goodwood, the Crucible and the Oval in coming days.

It comes after evidence that the infection rate has risen across the country.>>

Season Ticket Update on 12:35 - Jul 31 with 1449 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 12:19 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

<<Spectators 'no longer allowed to attend UK pilot sports events'

Dan Roan
BBC Sports editor
The prime minister is set to announce that fans will no longer be permitted to attend the sporting pilot events allowing limited numbers of spectators at Goodwood, the Crucible and the Oval in coming days.

It comes after evidence that the infection rate has risen across the country.>>

He just did! And not surprisingly, based on the current evidence. As Chris Whitty just said, though, we are pushing the guidance to the limits and we are at the edge now. It doesn't bode well for winter and crowds. I suppose all we can do is to follow the PM's mantra, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Regardless of anyone's personal opinion, wouldn't like to be trying to navigate through this from a club perspective. Just like the pitch relay, the goalposts are going to keep moving for weeks.

Season Ticket Update on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 1418 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 12:35 - Jul 31 by DaleiLama

He just did! And not surprisingly, based on the current evidence. As Chris Whitty just said, though, we are pushing the guidance to the limits and we are at the edge now. It doesn't bode well for winter and crowds. I suppose all we can do is to follow the PM's mantra, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Regardless of anyone's personal opinion, wouldn't like to be trying to navigate through this from a club perspective. Just like the pitch relay, the goalposts are going to keep moving for weeks.

Whitty's "close to the edge" explanation was perfectly judged, not least in recognising that as a society we need to be opening up schools and the economy wherever possible or face dire consequences as a result

But where pushing close to those edges results in transmission rate rises above an acceptable level then action is needed - and on this point, he seemed to indicate that some measures could be traded off against others, which i thought was an interesting perspective. I'd expect spectator events to be one of the last to be reintroduced now, so where that leaves ST announcements i've no idea

[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:48]

Season Ticket Update on 12:55 - Jul 31 with 1389 views442Dale

Season Ticket Update on 12:45 - Jul 31 by D_Alien

Whitty's "close to the edge" explanation was perfectly judged, not least in recognising that as a society we need to be opening up schools and the economy wherever possible or face dire consequences as a result

But where pushing close to those edges results in transmission rate rises above an acceptable level then action is needed - and on this point, he seemed to indicate that some measures could be traded off against others, which i thought was an interesting perspective. I'd expect spectator events to be one of the last to be reintroduced now, so where that leaves ST announcements i've no idea

[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:48]

And lower league football itself as one of the big things about curtailing the season was the cost involved in finishing with no spectators.

Season Ticket Update on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 1364 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 12:55 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

And lower league football itself as one of the big things about curtailing the season was the cost involved in finishing with no spectators.

Not to mention the cost of testing to the club to remain Covid-compliant too, which is not inconsiderable at our level, but a drop in the ocean higher up the pyramid.

Season Ticket Update on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 1360 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 12:55 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

Yep, this is the point at which things could really begin to bite

Whatever lower league clubs thought might be possible could very easily turn into a "better think again" scenario, if it hasn't already

imo, the possibility of mass bankruptcies now looms large. One possible solution would be much greater financial support from the richer end of the football pyramid. I wonder just how short-sighted and insular those at the top are capable of being?

Season Ticket Update on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 1335 views442Dale

The only thing that’s certain is the uncertainty. Imagine how many people who would have bought a season ticket yesterday, then think how many of them will then be reassessing their options with the latest developments.

This will change, change and change again. That was and remains the biggest worry to everyone, including football clubs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024