Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Update 14:14 - Jul 24 with 31707 viewsheywooddale

Quick Synopsis: Unused tickets being donated to Keyworkers over the next two years.
You can opt out if you don't want this to happen with your tickets
No details of refund policy

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/st1920_update/
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 14:16]
Season Ticket Update on 21:23 - Jul 28 with 2579 viewslyberoc

My thanks to the Trust and the Board for their early responses to criticism of this scheme .However, I have one burning question When will we find out details of the new Season Tickets ? The Trust says that we,ll know before the cut off deadline for claiming a refund , the Club hasn,t said anything other than Season Tickets will be launched on Aug 15th

The cost of renewing my season ticket will have a direct impact on which option I choose for the unused match tickets
The club needs to release the details as soon as possible ,or remove the cut off date for claiming refunds so the we can all have time to make informed decisions
Season Ticket Update on 21:29 - Jul 28 with 2563 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 21:23 - Jul 28 by lyberoc

My thanks to the Trust and the Board for their early responses to criticism of this scheme .However, I have one burning question When will we find out details of the new Season Tickets ? The Trust says that we,ll know before the cut off deadline for claiming a refund , the Club hasn,t said anything other than Season Tickets will be launched on Aug 15th

The cost of renewing my season ticket will have a direct impact on which option I choose for the unused match tickets
The club needs to release the details as soon as possible ,or remove the cut off date for claiming refunds so the we can all have time to make informed decisions

Unless you want your name on the Wall of Thanks, take the refund. Then when you decide if you want to give the club some or all of that money back, you can do so by a number of mechanisms, a brown envelope handed in to the office being the most profitable for the club.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Update on 21:59 - Jul 28 with 2492 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Update on 19:56 - Jul 28 by Reedy

So if you’ve been made redundant and have little or no income coming in, that £50 could be pivotal.

When the season tickets were bought 12 months, no one in the world could have foreseen such a crisis across the world. Millions have people have been laid off up and down the country, and all over the world. I’m sure the vast majority won’t want to take money out of the club, but unfortunately for some, they will have no choice.

To compare when the season ticket was bought to now is ludicrous as the world is now a completely different place.

The fact you describe is as a Covid bonus is awful, there is no bonus whatsoever from this situation. Hundreds of thousands of people have died and millions infected.

The vast majority will be requesting refunds because they need the money, not because they want to (although the original statement didn’t help the situation)

I described it as a COVID bonus because it is a refund option that has become available as a direct consequence of the pandemic. To people who will be exercising their right to a refund it is a bonus, in the context that it is a sum that they otherwise would not have been entitled. It is unexpected. Nothing more.

Correct terminology? Probably not. But it was a million miles away from me painting COVID-19 in a positive light, which is what you are inferring. I don’t need you to tell me how horrific COVID-19 has been, is, and will continue to be. I was not, and would not trivialise it. Take your self-righteousness elsewhere.
Season Ticket Update on 22:02 - Jul 28 with 2478 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Update on 21:23 - Jul 28 by lyberoc

I could be way off the mark but I fear we’re going to see quite an increase. In these times, where people are crying out for positivity, you don’t delay a good news story!
Season Ticket Update on 22:08 - Jul 28 with 2448 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 21:19 - Jul 28 by Brierls

I wasn’t being uppity, I was agreeing with your wall of shame point, which you’d correctly identified as the basis of my post.

I was a bit confused by your reply, but I just read my response back and can see how you thought I was ranting at you. The “nodding along” while I read and then typed clearly didn’t come across.

Fair enough, there's enough shit going around without unnecessary additions, so let's reset since we both agree

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Update on 10:18 - Jul 29 with 2256 viewsdawlishdale

Season Ticket Update on 22:02 - Jul 28 by Brierls

I could be way off the mark but I fear we’re going to see quite an increase. In these times, where people are crying out for positivity, you don’t delay a good news story!

Any price rise in these very uncertain times would be a very risky strategy. A significant price rise would almost be madness...or at the very least, would demonstrate a lack of business common sense and a complete ignorance to the economic situation we face in Rochdale. I wonder how many of the decision makers even live in the town?

I will delay my decision on a refund/donation until the club announces it's prices. I'm surprised they haven't done so already, and fear the worst.
Season Ticket Update on 11:05 - Jul 29 with 2174 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 10:18 - Jul 29 by dawlishdale

Any price rise in these very uncertain times would be a very risky strategy. A significant price rise would almost be madness...or at the very least, would demonstrate a lack of business common sense and a complete ignorance to the economic situation we face in Rochdale. I wonder how many of the decision makers even live in the town?

I will delay my decision on a refund/donation until the club announces it's prices. I'm surprised they haven't done so already, and fear the worst.

Let's see ……..

1/ We let go of our best striker and the source of those goals which have kept us up the last "n" seasons
2/ The playing budget is expected to be cut and youth given an even greater chance to make the first X1
3/ We don't know (to the best of my knowledge anyway) if all current ST can be accommodated safely each week come August and what seating arrangements will be (sitting with friends etc). I have a ST close to the half way line and would prefer not to be relocated to a spot by the corner flag. I would accept it as a one off in the middle of a pandemic, but would everyone?
4/ What would happen to fans in the event of games lost if played behind closed doors under a local lockdown order? Or if one or more teams suffered multiple infections/quarantine, including ours?
5/ How many of our most elderly/high-risk ST holders will be wondering if this is the time to stay safer at home?

Stick a big price increase on top of all the above/any factors I may have missed and I suspect point 3/ might be a lot easier to resolve suddenly. Let's see.

Season Ticket Update on 12:13 - Jul 29 with 2098 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 11:05 - Jul 29 by DaleiLama

Let's see ……..

1/ We let go of our best striker and the source of those goals which have kept us up the last "n" seasons
2/ The playing budget is expected to be cut and youth given an even greater chance to make the first X1
3/ We don't know (to the best of my knowledge anyway) if all current ST can be accommodated safely each week come August and what seating arrangements will be (sitting with friends etc). I have a ST close to the half way line and would prefer not to be relocated to a spot by the corner flag. I would accept it as a one off in the middle of a pandemic, but would everyone?
4/ What would happen to fans in the event of games lost if played behind closed doors under a local lockdown order? Or if one or more teams suffered multiple infections/quarantine, including ours?
5/ How many of our most elderly/high-risk ST holders will be wondering if this is the time to stay safer at home?

Stick a big price increase on top of all the above/any factors I may have missed and I suspect point 3/ might be a lot easier to resolve suddenly. Let's see.

To summarise:

Unless the club make it as easy as possible, in terms of flexibility, they're going to see a huge dive in the number of sales. I don't see any evidence in recent strategy/announcements that they've got any clue what flexibility means to individual fans making decisions next month

Re: half way line spectating - another option might be from the Willbutts stand?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Update on 12:14 - Jul 29 with 2095 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 12:13 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

To summarise:

Unless the club make it as easy as possible, in terms of flexibility, they're going to see a huge dive in the number of sales. I don't see any evidence in recent strategy/announcements that they've got any clue what flexibility means to individual fans making decisions next month

Re: half way line spectating - another option might be from the Willbutts stand?

No - leave him where he is, thanks.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Update on 13:09 - Jul 29 with 2028 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 12:14 - Jul 29 by judd

No - leave him where he is, thanks.

I'd take the Wilbutts in a heartbeat if the speaker volume is lower?

Season Ticket Update on 13:12 - Jul 29 with 2022 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 13:09 - Jul 29 by DaleiLama

I'd take the Wilbutts in a heartbeat if the speaker volume is lower?

It's good, man

Season Ticket Update on 13:18 - Jul 29 with 2000 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 13:12 - Jul 29 by judd

It's good, man

As Pioneers, we ought to know better?

Season Ticket Update on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 1975 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 13:18 - Jul 29 by DaleiLama

As Pioneers, we ought to know better?

bang! A laugh, son.

Season Ticket Update on 13:42 - Jul 29 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Update on 13:28 - Jul 29 by judd

bang! A laugh, son.

His ma shall decide

Season Ticket Update on 13:54 - Jul 29 with 1907 viewsShun

I accept that I’m in the vast majority here, but I’ll add my piece and say that I think a 6-page mountain has been made out of a molehill. Yes, communication could have been much better and that’s an ongoing problem at the club, but in my eyes the original statement was fairly clear and certainly not worthy of such condemnation.

It was a nice idea by the Trust and the club did well for agreeing to it. Even if it’s not specifically the club who are benefiting key workers, but us instead, it’s still a nice gesture.

I appreciate that a lot of people were upset and that this can be seen as just one more in a long line of missteps from the club, but looking at it as an isolated incident I really don’t think it deserves the outrage it received.
Season Ticket Update on 14:05 - Jul 29 with 1887 viewsNorthernDale

Season Ticket Update on 11:05 - Jul 29 by DaleiLama

Let's see ……..

Some good points have been made and the board seem slow in dealing with the concerns.
I am concerned that many teams seem to be making signings, but with the Dale you get the impression that most of the staff, including BBM are still on furlough, when we decisions be made on signings, the cost of the season ticket and the number allowed into the ground this season.

I am already worried that we have let go the man whose goals and what is the chance of signing someone who will score 15 to 20 goals a season, we will likely sign Pyke (to save money) and pretend he will will score the goals. I may have been watching the Dale for too many years, but I think we will go down this season with the lack of foresight and leadership from the board, they do not inspire confidence at the moment

I will still buy a new season ticket and have already decline a refund and will allow the club to keep the money from the missed six games.
Season Ticket Update on 14:12 - Jul 29 with 1872 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Update on 14:05 - Jul 29 by NorthernDale

Some good points have been made and the board seem slow in dealing with the concerns.
I am concerned that many teams seem to be making signings, but with the Dale you get the impression that most of the staff, including BBM are still on furlough, when we decisions be made on signings, the cost of the season ticket and the number allowed into the ground this season.

I am already worried that we have let go the man whose goals and what is the chance of signing someone who will score 15 to 20 goals a season, we will likely sign Pyke (to save money) and pretend he will will score the goals. I may have been watching the Dale for too many years, but I think we will go down this season with the lack of foresight and leadership from the board, they do not inspire confidence at the moment

I will still buy a new season ticket and have already decline a refund and will allow the club to keep the money from the missed six games.

Why will we 'likely sign Pyke'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Update on 14:29 - Jul 29 with 1835 viewsChaffRAFC

Season Ticket Update on 14:12 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

The same Pyke we sent back to Huddersfield?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Update on 14:40 - Jul 29 with 1817 viewsChaffRAFC

Season Ticket Update on 10:18 - Jul 29 by dawlishdale

Maybe the club are waiting till we have fixtures so they can more accurately tell people how many games the season tickets are for because God forbid they do it now, say you may miss three games and the fixtures turn out to mean it's four. We'll have a 20 page thread about a refund on that one game, there will be Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

(Yes, that's a Ghostbusters quote)

As for price increases, we knew a price increase was coming. The club need that money more than ever. Even with an increase, we'll still end up being one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest season ticket in the league, probably the whole EFL and some non-league sides as well. The cheap season tickets has made people forget about the value of them and what they will save compared to other clubs.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Update on 14:50 - Jul 29 with 1791 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Update on 14:29 - Jul 29 by ChaffRAFC

The same Pyke we sent back to Huddersfield?

Excally!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Update on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 1782 viewsJames1980

Season Ticket Update on 14:40 - Jul 29 by ChaffRAFC

Maybe the club are waiting till we have fixtures so they can more accurately tell people how many games the season tickets are for because God forbid they do it now, say you may miss three games and the fixtures turn out to mean it's four. We'll have a 20 page thread about a refund on that one game, there will be Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

As for price increases, we knew a price increase was coming. The club need that money more than ever. Even with an increase, we'll still end up being one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest season ticket in the league, probably the whole EFL and some non-league sides as well. The cheap season tickets has made people forget about the value of them and what they will save compared to other clubs.

Compared to paying on the day they have been good value for money. After 9 games they have paid for themselves.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season Ticket Update on 15:06 - Jul 29 with 1733 viewsBuckTheTrend

Season Ticket Update on 14:12 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

Don't tell him !!
Season Ticket Update on 16:18 - Jul 29 with 1628 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Update on 15:06 - Jul 29 by BuckTheTrend

Don't tell him !!

They don't like it up them

Season Ticket Update on 17:08 - Jul 29 with 1560 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season Ticket Update on 14:40 - Jul 29 by ChaffRAFC

Well said

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season Ticket Update on 17:35 - Jul 29 with 1498 viewsJames1980

What were the prices prior to the 110 year initiative?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024