Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Patreon launches today 07:16 - Aug 24 with 19300 viewsNorthernr

Following the overwelming and personally quite humbling response after the West Brom game, we're today launching the LFW Patreon account.

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords

You'll see there are three tiers of subscription. Each tier gets access to our interviews in podcast form. Two hours of Ale Faurlin is on there now for you, and we've got some great guests lined up in the coming weeks and months. Although a lot of you said we didn't really need to do anything extra we've decided to offer this as a reward and thank you for supporting us financially at a tough time for everybody.

Top tier subscriptions also get access to the digital version of AKUTRs. This way we can give Dave some cash as well to support him through the pandemic and help keep that QPR institution going, and you guys get the high quality AKUTRs digital issues as a further reward and thankyou for your support.

This will help us continue to run the website as it is now and has been for 16 years, free to view, at a time when advertising money has fallen through the floor. We need your help to keep going basically.

Some of you also floated the idea of either one off donations, or monthly direct debits. Some of the offers were ridiculously generous so we thank you for that. If you do still want to go down that route then we have a PayPal account here...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=loftforwords%40yah

If you don't want to use PayPal, or you want to discuss sponsorship of match previews and things like that, then DM me seperately.

Massive thanks to Andy Hillman for getting this all up and running, and Harry Yeatman for editing the Faurlin interview for us. And of course to you guys for all your continuing ongoing support.

This post has been edited by an administrator
LFW Patreon launches today on 20:19 - Aug 25 with 3275 viewscoldchilling

Just joined already subscribed to akutrs. Thanks for all your hard work Clive
LFW Patreon launches today on 21:32 - Aug 25 with 3200 viewsLythamR

Joined -Great Idea to include AKUTRs i already subscribe to that directly
LFW Patreon launches today on 00:05 - Aug 26 with 3114 viewsWhowill

Cheers Clive.

Joined today.

I great site keeps us outside the country up to speed.
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:08 - Aug 26 with 2996 viewsJamieNaz

Done, and will upgrade the tier when I can.

Glad that this has been setup
LFW Patreon launches today on 08:47 - Aug 27 with 2622 viewsHoopstar

Joined - glad to be able to support all the wonderful work you and the team do!
LFW Patreon launches today on 10:33 - Aug 27 with 2575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Also joined.

A question though, if Fansnetwork isn't giving you any money, where is all that increased advertising revenue going? Adverts make up 75% of this page now.
LFW Patreon launches today on 10:45 - Aug 27 with 2564 viewsNorthernr

LFW Patreon launches today on 10:33 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Also joined.

A question though, if Fansnetwork isn't giving you any money, where is all that increased advertising revenue going? Adverts make up 75% of this page now.

Anything that relies on advertising revenue now is challenged. Marketing is always the first thing that gets cut in a recession or time of crisis. We're earning far, far, far less off the adverts than we were and what is coming in goes towards servers, tech support, hosting, and the bloody photograph deal which is extortionate. ITV's ad revenues dipped just just of 50% between the first quarter of this year and the second.
LFW Patreon launches today on 11:04 - Aug 27 with 2550 viewsrsonist

LFW Patreon launches today on 10:45 - Aug 27 by Northernr

Anything that relies on advertising revenue now is challenged. Marketing is always the first thing that gets cut in a recession or time of crisis. We're earning far, far, far less off the adverts than we were and what is coming in goes towards servers, tech support, hosting, and the bloody photograph deal which is extortionate. ITV's ad revenues dipped just just of 50% between the first quarter of this year and the second.

I might be alone on this but is anyone really that fussed with having the photos on here...?
Login to get fewer ads

LFW Patreon launches today on 11:07 - Aug 27 with 2546 viewsNorthernr

LFW Patreon launches today on 11:04 - Aug 27 by rsonist

I might be alone on this but is anyone really that fussed with having the photos on here...?

I'm fussed. You'd have to do quite a redesign on the front page if you didn't have them. You'd also have to go back through ten years of stuff removing them from everything. It's a good deal to have IMO, but it's expensive for what it is, I believe they're renegotiating on it.
LFW Patreon launches today on 12:29 - Aug 27 with 2483 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Incredible, and at a time when they probably have the most exposure.
LFW Patreon launches today on 12:33 - Aug 27 with 2480 viewsNorthernr

LFW Patreon launches today on 12:29 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Incredible, and at a time when they probably have the most exposure.

Yeh, in the day job there's a lot of talk about "squaring that circle" atm. Linear channel controllers doing ratings the likes of which they haven't seen since the 1990s, especially in daytime, and yet being paid about a tenth of the price they were previously getting for the ads. Channel 4 lost 800 hours of content from its 2020 and 2021 schedules with productions on hold, and at the same time lost £160m off its content budget because of the ad revenuye crash. They've basically responded by buying up big catalogues of things like Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is available in large amounts, cheap, with few rights issues, so expect to see a lot of the off-peak time on C4 start to fill up with that as we move into next year.
LFW Patreon launches today on 12:40 - Aug 27 with 2468 viewsrobith

As someone who works in advertising, the clients who've stayed live have actually had stonking results because they've gotten a huge share of voice for a fraction of the cost.

Now everyone who deferred their spend in Q2 wants to come back on air and there's going to be huge inflation. If lockdown lifting continues into Q4 Christmas is going to be carnage on TV
LFW Patreon launches today on 14:52 - Aug 28 with 2187 viewsRamseyR

Great piece on Eze today Clive
Paypal donation made today.

Can I suggest you make this a sticky a bit longer, as it was already on the second page.
LFW Patreon launches today on 15:02 - Aug 28 with 2176 viewsMick_S

Done.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

LFW Patreon launches today on 18:33 - Aug 28 with 2138 viewssilverbirch

I’m on board. If I had needed convincing (and I didn’t), that piece on Eze would have done it.
LFW Patreon launches today on 21:32 - Aug 28 with 2094 viewsdanehoop

Me too!

Never knowingly understood

LFW Patreon launches today on 02:14 - Aug 29 with 2043 viewsB_Wad

Eze article reminded me it was time to kick in. Classic and fun read. Thank you.
LFW Patreon launches today on 08:31 - Aug 30 with 1958 viewsdaveB

We're (ITV) starting to a pick up in advertising in the last few weeks (although nowhere near what we normally see this time of year) but it's been a horrendous year so far and I don't think anyone is expecting it to get back to anything like normal for a while
LFW Patreon launches today on 15:09 - Sep 1 with 1823 viewsHarbour

Signed up today thanks Clive for the great work..this site keeps me sane!
LFW Patreon launches today on 14:48 - Sep 2 with 1721 viewsLondon_Pride

LFW Patreon launches today on 15:09 - Sep 1 by Harbour

Ditto.
LFW Patreon launches today on 19:16 - Sep 21 with 1549 viewsR_from_afar

How is this going, Clive, are our contributions getting LFW close to where it needs to be?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

LFW Patreon launches today on 10:09 - Sep 22 with 1380 viewsblacky200

Signed up today. Sorry it took a while. Looking forward to viewing and seeing AKUTRS again.
LFW Patreon launches today on 10:10 - Sep 22 with 1374 viewsNorthernr

LFW Patreon launches today on 19:16 - Sep 21 by R_from_afar

How is this going, Clive, are our contributions getting LFW close to where it needs to be?

Yeh guys the response has been overwhelming, Dave is thrilled as well, big boost for AKUTRs. Thanks one and all.
LFW Patreon launches today on 10:14 - Sep 22 with 1358 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 10:10 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Yeh guys the response has been overwhelming, Dave is thrilled as well, big boost for AKUTRs. Thanks one and all.

Don't be fooled by the Rocks that he's got, he's still, he's still Clive from the block.

he used to have a little now he's got a lot, he's still, he's still Clive from the block.

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 10:37 - Sep 22 with 1299 viewsRs_Holy

LFW Patreon launches today on 15:09 - Sep 1 by Harbour

Fantastic work Clive (as ever) … keeping me as sane as poss in these crazy times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024