Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Demo before Swindon Town Game 19:06 - Apr 12 with 19243 viewsSI_Blue

6PM outside the main gates.

Some will be ready for this, some will choose a different approach and that is fine. But the time is now right to start turning words into actions.

#SACKTHEBOARDSUPPORTTHECLUB

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 21:59 - Apr 12 with 3420 viewsSI_Blue

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 21:49 - Apr 12 by kel

Personally, no, I don’t think it’s a great idea but it’s their choice and I very much doubt my opinion matters to them. Despite what the 3am ranter tries to say, some have chosen other ways to voice their displeasure but don’t post essays about it to get ‘likes’ on here.

Again, personally, if the rumour I hear about him trying to worm his way into a role at the club if Dunphy is successful in coming back then the club have had their last pound off me. That is something I would demonstrate about loudly.

When we stormed the players lounge many years ago, it was possibly not the best idea, but it got the right end result. That situation was nothing compared to where we are now and if people just stick their head in the sand, Mr Pay Rise will keep on, keeping on!

You make good comment about the Narco possibly keeping a role within the club if Dunphy returns. That must never happen under any circumstances. There will be a bigger backlash and we will be back to square one.

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:01 - Apr 12 with 3398 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 21:59 - Apr 12 by SI_Blue

When we stormed the players lounge many years ago, it was possibly not the best idea, but it got the right end result. That situation was nothing compared to where we are now and if people just stick their head in the sand, Mr Pay Rise will keep on, keeping on!

You make good comment about the Narco possibly keeping a role within the club if Dunphy returns. That must never happen under any circumstances. There will be a bigger backlash and we will be back to square one.

Sorry mate, I wasn’t talking about Bottomley but that scenario wouldn’t surprise me either.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:30 - Apr 12 with 3290 viewsSI_Blue

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:01 - Apr 12 by kel

Sorry mate, I wasn’t talking about Bottomley but that scenario wouldn’t surprise me either.

Sorry then i assume you mean a previous manager?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:50 - Apr 12 with 3220 viewsJames1980

Are the current board or at least members off it past the point of no return is there anyway they can turn it around?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 00:26 - Apr 13 with 3101 viewsShun

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:30 - Apr 12 by SI_Blue

Sorry then i assume you mean a previous manager?

He means a fan who was formerly very active on here, now not so much, and is pretty active on Facebook still.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 00:27 - Apr 13 with 3100 viewsShun

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 21:59 - Apr 12 by SI_Blue

Stormed the players lounge?! When did that happen?
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 01:33 - Apr 13 with 3066 viewsTalkingSutty

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 00:26 - Apr 13 by Shun

He means a fan who was formerly very active on here, now not so much, and is pretty active on Facebook still.

I’m assuming you are talking about me, even though I haven’t been on any of the Facebook groups for the last month or so, have the courage of your convictions instead of whispering behind people’s backs like the other cowards on here. I’ll tell you my part in all of this and you and the likes3 of Kel and Brierls etc can tell everybody theirs. They can tell us how they sounded the alarm about their mate David Bottomley.

Since the sudden departure mid season of Dunphy and Goodwin it was apparent that there was skullduggery in the boardroom so i contacted Bill Goodwin within weeks of his departure and also Chris Dunphy, Bill Goodwin in particular was very up front and was at pains to point out that the club was in good financial health irrespective of the overspend , Chris Dunphy also confirmed that. It wasn’t a amicable split neither but anybody with a ounce of brain knew that. Then I started to keep a running total on excess monies coming into the Club from Hills fire sale/ transfer fees/ cup games, add ons etc, i was castigated on this forum by some for even suggesting that things weren’t right in the Boardroom and that we had to keep a close check on finances coming in, it was seen as an affront to David Bottomley. There has always been a body of supporters who have been very quick to jump to the defence of the CEO and most of it stems from personal friendship.

Then I had two separate meetings with David Bottomley in the Baum, the first in particular was a heated meeting lasting about two hours and that’s when I knew the lack of ambition he had for the club and his unsuitability as the CEO. The second meeting involved another fan who helped me go through the price fixing papers with him, which had been brought to our attention by Judd on this forum. I have constantly been on to the Trust Committee members in the Dale Bar and on Social Media about not getting too close. I also had a lengthy conversation with Graham Rawlinson last year and it was very obvious they had no plans for this current season starting. Last month i cold called Andrew Kelly at his home, he invited me inside and we had a hour discussing mine and others concerns,it wasn’t a pleasant experience for either of us. I have been in touch with Francis and Richard and also Chris Dunphy and told them I am willing to help in any way that I can, even work two or three days at the club for no pay. At no time have I said I wanted to be on the board of Directors and if they asked me I would decline, there are better options than me. All I want is those three people named and others who preferably have some money to get on and run the Club. They have also had offers of help from numerous other fans also. So all of these people are all approachable, they can confirm what my involvement has been. The reason I have taken it up on myself to contact all these people is because I choose not to be a member of the Trust because I think, rightly or wrongly, that they are too close to those running the Club. I couldn’t rely on the fact that they would even approach the Chairman and Bill Goodwin when they departed mid season and I thought it imperative that was done as a priority. I don’t know if the Supporters Trust contacted them or not to find out what had gone on. After all the years of service both had given the club you would hope that they had out of courtesy.

Over the last two years i’ve gone over and above to expose these charlatans we have running our club and i’ve done things that the Supporters Trust should have done a long time ago. We also have a group of other individuals, some who post on here who have also gone to great lengths to highlight what his happening and the credentials of the individuals we have running the Club. I’ve also done more than some of these on here who are constantly trying to score cheap points, what have they done apart from taking important discussions off point with their childish attacks on posters, me in particular? It’s the exact same thing that happened at bury, there is no difference. The big problem isn’t the fans or the Supporters Trust it’s those in the boardroom and that’s what the focus should be on instead of trying to dig out individual fans. The only thing i’m guilty of is loving my club and becoming too involved, but you can’t just sit back, keep quiet and watch it die without making a effort can you...and that’s all i’ve done, made a effort. I’ve just done my bit. Anyway, i’ll leave you with it now.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 7:01]
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 07:04 - Apr 13 with 2928 viewskel

I’ll say this again (as I have previously) for the hard of thinking.

I have met David Bottomley two, maybe three times. Each time has been in the Cem (ooooh clique) and each time he has either been at or joined the table where I was drinking. I have never even had a conversation with the bloke, let alone be classed as his friend. Why TS constantly beats this drum, I’ll never know fully but I suspect it’s because he has a dislike for anybody who drinks in the Cem. That in itself is weird behaviour but isn’t relevant to the topic we are discussing.

I once delivered a printer to Danny Ings’ house in Knutsford and had a longer conversation with him that I’ve ever had with Bottomley. I very much doubt the bloke now classes me as his mate after that but I’ll contact Southampton anyway to try and get them to ask him.
Login to get fewer ads

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 07:52 - Apr 13 with 2827 viewsNorthernDale

As fans we must be united to a great extent and direct our anger (if that is the correct word) to the person or people responsible. In this case, I believe that this is the CEO, who is making the decisions that as led to this situation. He is acting the CEO of a big business, rather then the CEO of a small club.

Am I absolving the other directors, to some extent 'yes' , in that,
Mr Kelly, it was mentioned at the fans forum, that he has health issues and I hope that he gets well soon. I would like to see a united board that includes people like Mr Kelly, Mr Dunphy, Tony Pockney and Graham Rawlinson for example, all of whom are Dale fans and we must work towards this aim.

The question is, is Mr Bottomley making decisions without consulting the other directors and acting like the CEO of a big organisation? As stated previous, the reaction of the other director at the forum, when it was announced that BBM was under contract until 2022, would suggest that he did not know about this decision.

Our ire, should not be directed at the board in general, but at the CEO, who may be a decent person and a Dale fan, but clearly is out of his depth as the CEO of the club
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 07:59 - Apr 13 with 2799 viewsNafelad

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 07:52 - Apr 13 by NorthernDale

As fans we must be united to a great extent and direct our anger (if that is the correct word) to the person or people responsible. In this case, I believe that this is the CEO, who is making the decisions that as led to this situation. He is acting the CEO of a big business, rather then the CEO of a small club.

Mr Kelly, it was mentioned at the fans forum, that he has health issues and I hope that he gets well soon. I would like to see a united board that includes people like Mr Kelly, Mr Dunphy, Tony Pockney and Graham Rawlinson for example, all of whom are Dale fans and we must work towards this aim.

The question is, is Mr Bottomley making decisions without consulting the other directors and acting like the CEO of a big organisation? As stated previous, the reaction of the other director at the forum, when it was announced that BBM was under contract until 2022, would suggest that he did not know about this decision.

Our ire, should not be directed at the board in general, but at the CEO, who may be a decent person and a Dale fan, but clearly is out of his depth as the CEO of the club

But the question is, how do "we direct our ire" at the CEO?

Topcat

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 08:16 - Apr 13 with 2762 viewsDalenet

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 07:52 - Apr 13 by NorthernDale

I still blame the Board members and the recently departed Chairman. The CEO is given powers by them. He can't extend senior contractors (such as BBMs) without the Board approving or devolving the decision. In either case they are culpable. They have caused this mess
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 08:21 - Apr 13 with 2750 viewspioneer

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 07:59 - Apr 13 by Nafelad

who appointed the CEO and what process was used to ensure the individual appointed was the best available for the position?
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 08:44 - Apr 13 with 2713 viewskel

Get the self appointed super fan to do it.

He’s done loads more than anyone else, don’t you know?
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 09:21 - Apr 13 with 2643 viewsNafelad

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 08:44 - Apr 13 by kel

Get the self appointed super fan to do it.

He’s done loads more than anyone else, don’t you know?

Obviously, I read this messageboard but most of the time I don't have a clue about the people who are posting. Therefore, no idea who the 'self appointed super fan' is. Dors he have any influence or ability to start a process for change in the running of the club?

Topcat

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 09:41 - Apr 13 with 2596 viewsAtThePeake

I'd hope, whether at the board or the CEO, fans could at least keep their frustrations focused on those within the club rather than each other at the moment. It's diluting the important discussion and becoming pretty boring to read.

Tangled up in blue.

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 09:56 - Apr 13 with 2551 viewsBigDaveMyCock

When I was young I mistakenly fancied one of the fellas in Five Star who looked very feminine. I’m just wondering if that would render me not a ‘proper’ lad and mean I would fail the undoubtedly rigorous choosing process to become one of the few. I also quite fancied the drummer of The Foo Fighters in that video on an aeroplane but he was dressed up as an air hostess so I think that’s fine.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 10:02 - Apr 13 with 2527 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 09:41 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

I'd hope, whether at the board or the CEO, fans could at least keep their frustrations focused on those within the club rather than each other at the moment. It's diluting the important discussion and becoming pretty boring to read.

Just checking if this indeed you.

When you say ‘diluting’ do you mean believing something is not true when it clearly is or sommat you do to Vimto?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 10:34 - Apr 13 with 2441 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 10:02 - Apr 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Just checking if this indeed you.

When you say ‘diluting’ do you mean believing something is not true when it clearly is or sommat you do to Vimto?

*deluded blackcurrant
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 10:35 - Apr 13 with 2437 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 09:41 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

Apologies for my part in that. Said my piece now so let’s concentrate on the situation at the club.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 2343 viewsDaleiLama

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 09:56 - Apr 13 by BigDaveMyCock

When I was young I mistakenly fancied one of the fellas in Five Star who looked very feminine. I’m just wondering if that would render me not a ‘proper’ lad and mean I would fail the undoubtedly rigorous choosing process to become one of the few. I also quite fancied the drummer of The Foo Fighters in that video on an aeroplane but he was dressed up as an air hostess so I think that’s fine.

When I was a student watching tv with mates (too long ago to mention) I'm sure there was a round on QoS where you had to pick a number and identify the sports star revealed in the box. Not the mystery guest round - this was a single snapshot. A very young, long and dark-haired fresh face was revealed, side on I think, (obvs. without the name) and it got a phworr from me (mistakenly thinking it could have been Gabriela Sabatini or her ilk).

John Parrot. I still cringe when he's on commentary.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 2291 viewsShun

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 01:33 - Apr 13 by TalkingSutty

I’m assuming you are talking about me, even though I haven’t been on any of the Facebook groups for the last month or so, have the courage of your convictions instead of whispering behind people’s backs like the other cowards on here. I’ll tell you my part in all of this and you and the likes3 of Kel and Brierls etc can tell everybody theirs. They can tell us how they sounded the alarm about their mate David Bottomley.

Since the sudden departure mid season of Dunphy and Goodwin it was apparent that there was skullduggery in the boardroom so i contacted Bill Goodwin within weeks of his departure and also Chris Dunphy, Bill Goodwin in particular was very up front and was at pains to point out that the club was in good financial health irrespective of the overspend , Chris Dunphy also confirmed that. It wasn’t a amicable split neither but anybody with a ounce of brain knew that. Then I started to keep a running total on excess monies coming into the Club from Hills fire sale/ transfer fees/ cup games, add ons etc, i was castigated on this forum by some for even suggesting that things weren’t right in the Boardroom and that we had to keep a close check on finances coming in, it was seen as an affront to David Bottomley. There has always been a body of supporters who have been very quick to jump to the defence of the CEO and most of it stems from personal friendship.

Then I had two separate meetings with David Bottomley in the Baum, the first in particular was a heated meeting lasting about two hours and that’s when I knew the lack of ambition he had for the club and his unsuitability as the CEO. The second meeting involved another fan who helped me go through the price fixing papers with him, which had been brought to our attention by Judd on this forum. I have constantly been on to the Trust Committee members in the Dale Bar and on Social Media about not getting too close. I also had a lengthy conversation with Graham Rawlinson last year and it was very obvious they had no plans for this current season starting. Last month i cold called Andrew Kelly at his home, he invited me inside and we had a hour discussing mine and others concerns,it wasn’t a pleasant experience for either of us. I have been in touch with Francis and Richard and also Chris Dunphy and told them I am willing to help in any way that I can, even work two or three days at the club for no pay. At no time have I said I wanted to be on the board of Directors and if they asked me I would decline, there are better options than me. All I want is those three people named and others who preferably have some money to get on and run the Club. They have also had offers of help from numerous other fans also. So all of these people are all approachable, they can confirm what my involvement has been. The reason I have taken it up on myself to contact all these people is because I choose not to be a member of the Trust because I think, rightly or wrongly, that they are too close to those running the Club. I couldn’t rely on the fact that they would even approach the Chairman and Bill Goodwin when they departed mid season and I thought it imperative that was done as a priority. I don’t know if the Supporters Trust contacted them or not to find out what had gone on. After all the years of service both had given the club you would hope that they had out of courtesy.

Over the last two years i’ve gone over and above to expose these charlatans we have running our club and i’ve done things that the Supporters Trust should have done a long time ago. We also have a group of other individuals, some who post on here who have also gone to great lengths to highlight what his happening and the credentials of the individuals we have running the Club. I’ve also done more than some of these on here who are constantly trying to score cheap points, what have they done apart from taking important discussions off point with their childish attacks on posters, me in particular? It’s the exact same thing that happened at bury, there is no difference. The big problem isn’t the fans or the Supporters Trust it’s those in the boardroom and that’s what the focus should be on instead of trying to dig out individual fans. The only thing i’m guilty of is loving my club and becoming too involved, but you can’t just sit back, keep quiet and watch it die without making a effort can you...and that’s all i’ve done, made a effort. I’ve just done my bit. Anyway, i’ll leave you with it now.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 7:01]

Good, and passionate, post. However, please don’t include me in the group of people you believe are whispering behind your back. I haven’t said a single bad word against you on any platform.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:47 - Apr 13 with 2238 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:10 - Apr 13 by DaleiLama

When I was a student watching tv with mates (too long ago to mention) I'm sure there was a round on QoS where you had to pick a number and identify the sports star revealed in the box. Not the mystery guest round - this was a single snapshot. A very young, long and dark-haired fresh face was revealed, side on I think, (obvs. without the name) and it got a phworr from me (mistakenly thinking it could have been Gabriela Sabatini or her ilk).

Pat Nevin always struck me as a nice sensitive sort. You could go the Louvre with Pat, take in a play or just whimsically chat to him during a picnic in a park.
Parrot though? Smokey snooker clubs with dark corners.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 11:47]

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:56 - Apr 13 with 2198 viewspioneer

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:10 - Apr 13 by DaleiLama

Now that brightens my day...memories of Gabriel Sabatini...only rivalled by Ana Ivanovic when it comes to stunning female tennis players! Sadly the latter missed out on her opportunity to enjoy life with me when she married an ex Man Utd player whose name when translated to english means something like PigClimber.

No accounting for taste.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 12:13 - Apr 13 with 2110 viewsD_Alien

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:56 - Apr 13 by pioneer

Now that brightens my day...memories of Gabriel Sabatini...only rivalled by Ana Ivanovic when it comes to stunning female tennis players! Sadly the latter missed out on her opportunity to enjoy life with me when she married an ex Man Utd player whose name when translated to english means something like PigClimber.

No accounting for taste.

But Gabriela's never been wed...

https://marriedbiography.com/former-tennis-player-gabriela-sabatini-married-love

Although she's had plenty of bf's, including Donald Trump!

There's hope for DaleiLama yet...

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 12:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 13:40 - Apr 13 with 1867 viewsDaleiLama

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 12:13 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

But Gabriela's never been wed...

https://marriedbiography.com/former-tennis-player-gabriela-sabatini-married-love

Although she's had plenty of bf's, including Donald Trump!

There's hope for DaleiLama yet...

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 12:15]

She's still looking mighty fine!!! There are, however, fundamental issues with which I would have to wrestle with were she to make me an offer I might not be able to refuse?

"CNN's Piers Morgan recently interviewed His Holiness the DaleiLama, at one point asking him candidly about sex:

MORGAN: As a monk, you obviously subscribe to a vow of celibacy.

DALEILAMA: Yes.

MORGAN: Is that hard?

DALEILAMA: No. If you just, you see, physically experience, then you sometimes–you may find a certain desire. But then whole picture –I often used to telling one occasion in England, some Buddhist monk. European Buddhist monk. I told them, when we watch the people who have family, sometimes I notice my first visit, another woman, another wife. Second visit, another woman, another wife. Previous wife, some children. Then another occasion, third, third wife.

(LAUGHTER)

DALEILAMA: So, these, see, really, children suffer much when divorce, when parents divorce. And I told the married people, their mental state, their emotional state, too much ups and downs. Compare that with celibate people sort of mind more steady. So, long run, we have some advantage.

MORGAN: Do you ever feel temptation when you see a woman?

DALEILAMA: Oh, yes, sometimes see people. Oh, this is very nice. But then thinking–thinking it's a real job, then feel, too much problem–

(LAUGHTER)

DALEILAMA: Too much dirty things like that.

This is why the DaleiLama doesn't date".

Apologies for the English - Piers caught me three sheets to the wind.
Oh and technically, I am already dating, so the issues would be more about monogamy (Note to self - delete browsing history tonight).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024