Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Demo before Swindon Town Game 19:06 - Apr 12 with 19244 viewsSI_Blue

6PM outside the main gates.

Some will be ready for this, some will choose a different approach and that is fine. But the time is now right to start turning words into actions.

#SACKTHEBOARDSUPPORTTHECLUB

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 20:48 - Apr 13 with 3125 viewsjudd

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 20:46 - Apr 13 by nordenblue

I hope there was no horse play going on...

Not fur long

Poll: What is it to be then?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 20:53 - Apr 13 with 3067 views442Dale

The EFL guidance from pre-season:

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/201920/covid-19-documents/updated-stage-thr

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 20:58 - Apr 13 with 3000 viewsjudd

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 20:53 - Apr 13 by 442Dale

The EFL guidance from pre-season:

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/201920/covid-19-documents/updated-stage-thr

Ta

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:08 - Apr 13 with 2675 viewsEllDale

Perhaps I’m an old dinosaur but I didn’t have a clue who the Speakmans are until I googled them.
Not happy if they can trot up to a game and I, as a season ticket holder, am unable to do so though.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:10 - Apr 13 with 2662 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:08 - Apr 13 by EllDale

Perhaps I’m an old dinosaur but I didn’t have a clue who the Speakmans are until I googled them.
Not happy if they can trot up to a game and I, as a season ticket holder, am unable to do so though.

Same here, never heard of them until one of Radio Bolton’s ‘journalists’ bragged on Twitter that he was with them. Had a brief skim read of that article 442 posted and it looks like someone could be in trouble over this.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:14 - Apr 13 with 2630 viewsD_Alien

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:08 - Apr 13 by EllDale

I wouldn't worry, dinosaurs survived for millions of years without life coaches

I really hope 'whoever' organised this gets the full force of the law thrown at them; that is, on a personal basis rather than the club, which is a danger here

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:15 - Apr 13 with 2607 viewsDaleiLama

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:10 - Apr 13 by kel

Same here, never heard of them until one of Radio Bolton’s ‘journalists’ bragged on Twitter that he was with them. Had a brief skim read of that article 442 posted and it looks like someone could be in trouble over this.

An error of judgement? What next

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:15 - Apr 13 with 2601 viewsjudd

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:10 - Apr 13 by kel

Didn't he also brag about being with Flicker?

Login to get fewer ads

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:18 - Apr 13 with 2566 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:15 - Apr 13 by judd

Didn't he also brag about being with Flicker?

Aye. Now why was the Port Vale director of football at a game where his team is not due to play either Rochdale or Swindon (not till next season anyway)? There’s a bit in that article about only being allowed to scout teams you are playing in the three upcoming games.

Either the club have received an updated version of said article from the EFL or someone has decided the rules don’t apply to us.

Edit - And Richie Wellens. He may have another job I’m not aware of since he left Salford.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 22:20]
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:20 - Apr 13 with 2537 viewsD_Alien

From the Speakman's Wiki page:

"Therapeutic techniques utilized by the couple include putting clients into a DeLorean sports car in order to 'travel 'back to the future' to confront past demons', a reference to the DeLorean time machine from the Back to the Future film series.[2] The Speakmans presented a DeLorean car to the former Liberal Member of Parliament for Rochdale, Sir Cyril Smith at his 80th birthday party in 2008"

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:22 - Apr 13 with 2514 views442Dale

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phas

“ Domestic Competition: No Spectators: Domestic sporting competition exclusively involving Elite Athletes, hosted within the UK, where no cross-border travel (from outside the UK & Ireland) is required for the Competition to take place. Access to the Competition will be restricted to individuals with essential functional roles.”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:25 - Apr 13 with 2477 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:20 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

"Therapeutic techniques utilized by the couple include putting clients into a DeLorean sports car in order to 'travel 'back to the future' to confront past demons', a reference to the DeLorean time machine from the Back to the Future film series.[2] The Speakmans presented a DeLorean car to the former Liberal Member of Parliament for Rochdale, Sir Cyril Smith at his 80th birthday party in 2008"

Can they help me with my association with a current league two club’s forum?
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:28 - Apr 13 with 2455 viewsSI_Blue

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:18 - Apr 13 by kel

Aye. Now why was the Port Vale director of football at a game where his team is not due to play either Rochdale or Swindon (not till next season anyway)? There’s a bit in that article about only being allowed to scout teams you are playing in the three upcoming games.

Either the club have received an updated version of said article from the EFL or someone has decided the rules don’t apply to us.

Edit - And Richie Wellens. He may have another job I’m not aware of since he left Salford.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 22:20]

There were many people entering that ground who i have never seen before. Flicker and Wellens and gangs of lads going in the main entrance too. Speakmans for some unknown reason.

Like Judd said, the Police took an interest into the number of potential visitors in the stadium. Unless the rules have changed like mentioned, they may take action and rightly so.

Briels will be happy about that, has i know he is keen on covid social distancing.

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:30 - Apr 13 with 2428 viewsD_Alien

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:25 - Apr 13 by kel

I dare say they'll 'help' anyone with £4000 to spare

I expect they helped The Charlatans when they were wondering what to call themselves

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:34 - Apr 13 with 2386 viewsjudd

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:20 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

Perhaps he gave them one too?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:34 - Apr 13 with 2373 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:30 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

I dare say they'll 'help' anyone with £4000 to spare

I expect they helped The Charlatans when they were wondering what to call themselves

They could have done us all a favour and taught them how to play live then.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:35 - Apr 13 with 2363 viewsjudd

You’re not alone

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:36 - Apr 13 with 2350 viewsSuddenLad

Perhaps, paradoxically, the Speakmans have signed NDA's or even 'gagging orders' as others have reportedly been forced to do?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:39 - Apr 13 with 2339 viewskel

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:35 - Apr 13 by judd

You’re not alone

I know, I noticed it today.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 23:43 - Apr 13 with 2117 viewsrochedale

Has anyone actually got any info re the demo before the game that they can post on this demo before the game thread?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 1646 viewsBrierls

I'm not sure they do exorcisms.

That said, if they can watch football from within the stadium when season ticket holders can't, who knows what they're capable of?!
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:10 - Apr 14 with 1601 viewsBrierls

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 22:28 - Apr 13 by SI_Blue

There were many people entering that ground who i have never seen before. Flicker and Wellens and gangs of lads going in the main entrance too. Speakmans for some unknown reason.

Like Judd said, the Police took an interest into the number of potential visitors in the stadium. Unless the rules have changed like mentioned, they may take action and rightly so.

Briels will be happy about that, has i know he is keen on covid social distancing.

It's happening at clubs up and down the country, clubs are bending the rules with people in the stadium, but that's no excuse. If the police take action against the club they've only got themselves to blame. Hopefully the excuse of using all that hand sanitizer will be enough to avoid a fine!

I wouldn't have thought there would be a police presence required for games played 'behind closed doors'.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 1475 views49thseason

Old Blue Nose has been at loads of Uniteds games this season.
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 12:05 - Apr 14 with 1442 viewsSandyman

My my! What a speedy response.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement_swindongame/
Demo before Swindon Town Game on 12:32 - Apr 14 with 1355 viewsBrierls

Demo before Swindon Town Game on 11:57 - Apr 14 by 49thseason

Old Blue Nose has been at loads of Uniteds games this season.

He's a director.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024