Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday 21:23 - Jul 4 with 17113 viewsHeskrover

It seems that this match is happening and tickets are on sale. Nice!
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:31 - Jul 11 with 1468 viewsPinnerPaul

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 22:15 - Jul 10 by gazza1

I wasn't at the game, I see no point really but 'fair play' to those who want to go.

TBH, for us to loose against a side of that calibre whatever team we put out I find it quite unbelievable.......4-2 against a side that play non league stuff is not very good at all.

A) It was a friendly

B) You saw our team right?

Another football 'truth' people get wayyyyyyyy too excited about pre season friendlies, to get down about an U23 friendly .........
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:36 - Jul 11 with 1440 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:31 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

A) It was a friendly

B) You saw our team right?

Another football 'truth' people get wayyyyyyyy too excited about pre season friendlies, to get down about an U23 friendly .........

Correct, it was a friendly.....

Right, I did see what team(s) played.....

I do not get over excited about friendlies, hence why I did not go yesterday and rarely go to these types of friendlies but surely it is OK to comment.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:38 - Jul 11 with 1434 viewsPinnerPaul

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:36 - Jul 11 by gazza1

Correct, it was a friendly.....

Right, I did see what team(s) played.....

I do not get over excited about friendlies, hence why I did not go yesterday and rarely go to these types of friendlies but surely it is OK to comment.

Yep of course OK to comment - but 6 pages, not all you obviously - hence my 'way too excited' comment
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:47 - Jul 11 with 1423 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:03 - Jul 11 by gazza1

I couldn't be arsed to look up their ages, but thanks very much for doing so, but the point I am making, and said, is many of them are in the U23 squad whom may be playing in this 'B' team league being spoken about.

Ok, thanks for letting me know what a professional game is

Pro game versus amateur game is quite a basic phrase but i'm glad i could help, you can message me privately if you need more help, don't be shy.

Many of the U23's could form part of this B team you are correct but in the correct way. Playing alongside experienced Pros who would help nurture their game - much like the old reserve league used to be.

This match was predominantly made up of first year U23's and not balanced as I am sure that they would envisage a B team to be structured.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 16:40 - Jul 11 with 1374 views80s_Boy

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:10 - Jul 11 by terryb

Really?

Most of the players at the next level down were at professional clubs till late teenage at the least. Perhaps it is you that is out of date with the non-league scene? Even the Eastern Counties League is full of players who were at EFL/Premier clubs although not many would have been full time professionals.

At a lot lower level, Sunday Morning football, my club had one season when we played five ex professionals nearly every match. Two of those had never made a first team appearance in the FL, one had played for the first team at Wigan & Colchester. The other two had played in Division one & two. One of them making his first team debut at Wembley in the Charity Shield & the other having played in the 6th round of the FA Cup. Funnily enough, we didn't win anything that year!

When I first watched non league football the players who had been involved with league sides were old men working their way down through the leagues, those who had trials at league sides but not taken on and those who had had a an injury which had forced them into semi professional football.

Now, as you say, the players at those levels include those who have been part of professional club's academies and, in the National League, players who have opted to sign for clubs who can afford better wages than some clubs in the bottom 2 divisions in the Football League: Salford even bought Aberdeen's top goalscorer when they were in the National League.

What is also happening is a bottleneck effect where clubs in the top 2 divisions of the football league seldom buy players from non league - something which was widespread and common up to and including the 1990s - so players who would have previously moved up leagues to play for better sides have stagnated at lower levels.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 16:48 - Jul 11 with 1363 viewsslmrstid

Who in their right mind would get angry about losing a friendly match that literally none of our first team actually took part in?
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 16:59 - Jul 11 with 1345 views80s_Boy

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 16:48 - Jul 11 by slmrstid

Who in their right mind would get angry about losing a friendly match that literally none of our first team actually took part in?

My first ever away game was a 3-0 friendly win at Millwall when I was 7.

I remember asking my Dad on the way home would we be champions soon....

Getting carried away, in either direction, after friendly matches should definitely be left to kids.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 17:41 - Jul 11 with 1288 viewsstowmarketrange

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 16:48 - Jul 11 by slmrstid

You should’ve seen our ground staff demolish theirs at tiddlywinks though.
Login to get fewer ads

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 18:22 - Jul 11 with 1244 viewsHamptonR

I was at the game and enjoyed it, probably because it has been a while, rather than it being a feast of football.
Hampton are a good team, second half they were much better/stronger than a very young QPR team.
A few players on our side showed a bit whereas some showed that they probably didn't or may not have what it takes.
Score irrelevant, as all preseason friendlies are.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 18:54 - Jul 11 with 1191 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 18:22 - Jul 11 by HamptonR

I was at the game and enjoyed it, probably because it has been a while, rather than it being a feast of football.
Hampton are a good team, second half they were much better/stronger than a very young QPR team.
A few players on our side showed a bit whereas some showed that they probably didn't or may not have what it takes.
Score irrelevant, as all preseason friendlies are.

Who out of our youngsters did you think put in a good shift and look like they could possibly progress?
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:33 - Jul 12 with 1023 viewsderbyhoop

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 08:13 - Jul 11 by gazza1

Thats not true Nix......I am being truthful imho. To loose against Hampton is not very good at all!!! Anyone who thinks differently just is not on the right wavelength. 4-2 against a part time lower league level football team!!!

As for Amit, that is wrong too.

Do you have to be so contrary?

It was an U23 side, missing most if the U23s who played against Portsmouth in the week. As we should have learnt from the all the loan deals that we did last season, the vast majority of the U23s are operating at National League or below. Some of them will benefit from experience on loan and go on to a career in the EFL, possibly with QPR, but most will end up at that level or lower.

Running youth teams works if you can produce a Lumley, Kakay, Chair, Eze every so often. Bettache may be the next but don't expect miracles.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:40 - Jul 12 with 1008 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:33 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

Do you have to be so contrary?

It was an U23 side, missing most if the U23s who played against Portsmouth in the week. As we should have learnt from the all the loan deals that we did last season, the vast majority of the U23s are operating at National League or below. Some of them will benefit from experience on loan and go on to a career in the EFL, possibly with QPR, but most will end up at that level or lower.

Running youth teams works if you can produce a Lumley, Kakay, Chair, Eze every so often. Bettache may be the next but don't expect miracles.

This is history....over to England now!!!!

I think it was a poor defeat and highly lightly a poor performance from most of the players - simple. If you don't think that then fine by me. Why is it contrary?? An opinion that's all.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:04 - Jul 12 with 886 viewsNortholt_Rs

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 17:41 - Jul 11 by stowmarketrange

You should’ve seen our ground staff demolish theirs at tiddlywinks though.

And we ran their end…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024