Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heaven or Hull Match Thread 16:56 - Feb 18 with 31783 viewsPinnerPaul

Busy tomorrow am pre match, with grandchildren visiting, so starting this one now.

Taking my 'boy' to the game - think it will be somewhere between heaven and Hull, so I've gone for 0-0 - cue more angst I expect.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 19 with 2128 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:21 - Feb 19 by Stainrod

sorry if this has been dealt with but has anyone seen a replay of Ingram's challenge on Albert?

Obvs am sorry Matt was so badly injured but surely he took Albert clean out? Or is that not how it looked on replays?

It should have been given as a penalty not a corner. Ingram took Albert out.

Also Albert disallowed goal was technically a goal

Ref and linesmen crap as usual
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:24 - Feb 19 with 2110 viewsStainrod

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 19 by superhoopdownunder

It should have been given as a penalty not a corner. Ingram took Albert out.

Also Albert disallowed goal was technically a goal

Ref and linesmen crap as usual

Thanks Super Hoop that is certainly what it looked like to me too but wanted to check I wasn't suffering deluded fan syndrome
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 17:24]
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 2079 viewsBoston

sorry if this has been dealt with but has anyone seen a replay of Ingram's challenge on Albert?

Obvs am sorry Matt was so badly injured but surely he took Albert clean out? Or is that not how it looked on replays?

He took Albert 'clean out', but under the circumstances....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 2061 viewsStainrod

Am a Warbs fan but think he has to take a lot of responsibility for that result.

Appreciate he had injuries and also no doubt felt he needed to stiffen the midfield but putting your most dangerous player as left wing back when we have been struggling to create anything for several games now completely blunted us for 60 mins.

We were transformed when he did the obvious thing and put Mosses at left back.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:27 - Feb 19 with 2046 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 1 Hull 1
The resurrection has started.
Ok we didn’t win but the performance was so much better.
This follows one draw and 3 defeats in our last four matches.
And perhaps we were robbed of victory.
Albert scored inside the 15 minutes of injury time.
But he was ruled debatably for offside and also the cross seemed to come off a Hull defender.
So where are we in the table?
We remain fourth — one point behind third placed Blackburn (their match postponed).
We are ahead of fifth placed Huddersfield (2-1 winners at Fulham) on goal difference and with a game in hand.
And most important we are four ahead of 7th placed Middlesbrough — surprise 2-1 losers at Bristol City. That’s a big bonus for us.
Our performance on the pitch was so much better.
We dominated for most of the match — admittedly against one of the poorer teams in the Championship.
There were shots from Chair and Willock while Seny had little to do except for a wind swirling shot from Lewis-Potter.
Our loanees Sanderson and Hendricks did well and there was much better movement certainly in the second half.
And there was an improved performance from Charlie.
We conceded in the 26th minute when we failed to clear a corner and Forss — on loan from Brentford - scored with the ball hitting the underside of the bar and in.
After HT our former keeper Matt Ingram was injured — crashing his head on the deck when trying to cut out Uncle on the near post.
He was stretchered off after 12 minutes. Hopefully he’s ok.
Rangers pressed forward.
Odubajo replaced Amos — taking over the LWB role — allowing Willock to move forward.
And the best cross ever by Odubajo - when playing for us — found Chair for an easy tap in 15 mins from the end of normal time.
Rangers were galvanized.
But as lowly Hull continued to mass in defence — we were trying to open a tin without a tin-opener.
Yet again we need more pace. We have very little in our squad.
And that’s our big handicap.
But we have to be grateful for small crumbs.
Perhaps the revival has started.
Our league position remains good.
We did stack up a lot of bonus points from August to January — but that is now evaporating.
But a top 6 spot is still definitely ON.
Now we have Blackpool at home on Wednesday then Blackburn away next Saturday.
Our hope has been renewed — just!
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:28 - Feb 19 with 2023 viewsted_hendrix

Blackpool game will be tough make no bones about it, we haven't won a league game now for four matches thus missing the chance to cement our place in the playoffs.
Regardless of ref decisssions or bad luck we' really need to win a game soon and start hitting the back of the net more frequently (stating the bloody obvious)
Still in a blip if you ask me.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 17:30]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 2004 viewsBklynRanger

It looked like Albert did pull out at the last minute, understandably - so hard to tell if he was denied a clear opportunity - but I could be wrong. The deflection for the winner later on annoys me more.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:30 - Feb 19 with 1973 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:27 - Feb 19 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 1 Hull 1
But he was ruled debatably for offside and also the cross seemed to come off a Hull defender.
We remain fourth — one point behind third placed Blackburn (their match postponed).
We are ahead of fifth placed Huddersfield (2-1 winners at Fulham) on goal difference and with a game in hand.
And most important we are four ahead of 7th placed Middlesbrough — surprise 2-1 losers at Bristol City. That’s a big bonus for us.
We dominated for most of the match — admittedly against one of the poorer teams in the Championship.
There were shots from Chair and Willock while Seny had little to do except for a wind swirling shot from Lewis-Potter.
Our loanees Sanderson and Hendricks did well and there was much better movement certainly in the second half.
We conceded in the 26th minute when we failed to clear a corner and Forss — on loan from Brentford - scored with the ball hitting the underside of the bar and in.
After HT our former keeper Matt Ingram was injured — crashing his head on the deck when trying to cut out Uncle on the near post.
Rangers pressed forward.
Odubajo replaced Amos — taking over the LWB role — allowing Willock to move forward.
And the best cross ever by Odubajo - when playing for us — found Chair for an easy tap in 15 mins from the end of normal time.
Rangers were galvanized.
But as lowly Hull continued to mass in defence — we were trying to open a tin without a tin-opener.
We did stack up a lot of bonus points from August to January — but that is now evaporating.

GreenbayI love your match reports and analysis
Thank You
James
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 17:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:33 - Feb 19 with 1935 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:28 - Feb 19 by ted_hendrix

Blackpool game will be tough make no bones about it, we haven't won a league game now for four matches thus missing the chance to cement our place in the playoffs.
Regardless of ref decisssions or bad luck we' really need to win a game soon and start hitting the back of the net more frequently (stating the bloody obvious)
Still in a blip if you ask me.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 17:30]

I wish we still had Josh Bowler as he is pure class.
He's been trying to help us by scoring against our rivals
Once a Ranger........
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:34 - Feb 19 with 1921 viewsthemodfather

ok, 4 games played, inc one cup game, v lower table teams, 0 wins, 3 losses and a goal for us, = 1pt BUT hanging on to 4th!
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:35 - Feb 19 with 1902 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:29 - Feb 19 by BklynRanger

It looked like Albert did pull out at the last minute, understandably - so hard to tell if he was denied a clear opportunity - but I could be wrong. The deflection for the winner later on annoys me more.

It would be a tough call to award that penalty with the keeper out cold on the ground so I am not angry about that.But if the defender touched the ball and Albert scored its just a pathetic offside call and should have been over ruled like Stroud initially did but fcuked up anyway b y not standing his ground
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:35 - Feb 19 with 1896 viewsGreenbay

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:30 - Feb 19 by superhoopdownunder

GreenbayI love your match reports and analysis
Thank You
James
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 17:31]

You're welcome.
Shouldn't you be asleep Down Under?
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 19 with 1845 viewsqprrunner

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 19 by QPRSteve

From the commentary sounds like we had another horror show from the ref. Are we ever going to get one bias in our favour? Someone like Jack Taylor would be nice. Remember him?

Austin last minute winner he was miles off. Let’s not act like we’ve had no luck all season.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:42 - Feb 19 with 1800 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:35 - Feb 19 by Greenbay

You're welcome.
Shouldn't you be asleep Down Under?

Hard to sleep after a game
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:49 - Feb 19 with 1728 viewsNorthantsHoop

We start so slowly and once Hull got their goal it was always going to be hard for us. We are fading at just the wrong time, the business end of the season, but it has been really positive this season and let's face it still in the mix and in with a chance of making the play offs.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 1685 viewsManinBlack

Having scored three at both Boro and Hull it is definitely another two points lost despite the second half improvement. If we can't score enough goals to beat teams down at the bottom it doesn't bode well for games to come like Fulham, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Forest and Huddersfield.

Now we have gone into draw at home and lose away mode, the top of the table is seeing a bunching up and even Preston are now in the play off mix. Luton only 5 points behind and Sheffield Utd now just 3 behind.

We need to start winning damn soon and get out of this Sunderland style rut that has seen them drop out of the play off spots for the first time this season.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:54 - Feb 19 with 1665 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It is likely Fulham and Bournemouth will get automatic promotion

We are in the hunt along with
Blackburn
Huddersfield
Sheffield United
Boro
Forest
Luton
Coventry
West Brom

A few consecutive wins makes a huge difference

Let's hope we have now got our mojo back

U R's
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:00 - Feb 19 with 1605 viewsVancouverHoop

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:35 - Feb 19 by CLAREMAN1995

It would be a tough call to award that penalty with the keeper out cold on the ground so I am not angry about that.But if the defender touched the ball and Albert scored its just a pathetic offside call and should have been over ruled like Stroud initially did but fcuked up anyway b y not standing his ground

A defender absolutely touched the ball on to Albert. It was clear on the replays. But I'm not sure of the rule anymore. If it's a deflection, rather than an intended pass, does it still play the scorer onside?
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 with 1581 viewsWesty75

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 19 by queensparker

I’ll take that, second half saw us finally back on track, crowd onside and plenty of chances. Didn’t miss Dickie at all proving Sanderson was a great loan. Table still looks good to me and should be able to carry some confidence into the midweek game now

This ^^^

Keep the faith people. It’s all about riding this out and getting a bit of our mojo back. Keep the points ticking over and be there or thereabouts for top 6 contention going into the final run in.

Agree with a couple of other posters that Dykes out there for Austin would have been 3 points today. Love Charlie coming on for the last 10-15 but that was beyond him today.

Chair and Willock starting to gel a bit second half which we’re going to need with limited striker options.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:06 - Feb 19 with 1531 viewsAntti_Heinola

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:00 - Feb 19 by CLAREMAN1995

Kunts we have zero luck with officials this year so much for evening out

I mean, we’ve had far more go for us than against us lately. Short memories, however frustrating it is.

Bare bones.

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:14 - Feb 19 with 1465 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:06 - Feb 19 by Antti_Heinola

I mean, we’ve had far more go for us than against us lately. Short memories, however frustrating it is.

Some call against us are more critical than others IMO.If that winner was chalked off the board unfairly today when the entire QPR universe are desperate for 3 points that that is unforgivable .
PP was at the game so with his knowledge and ability to post with a clear head I will wait until tomorrow
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 1436 viewssoops

Couple of thoughts in addition to what others have said:
- thought Charlie was ok but wasn’t impressed with his body language / moaning at his team mates continuously
- to the c unt in S.Africa Rd F Block singing ‘bring on the dustbin’ after 10 minutes of Ingram lying on the ground - f uck off and don’t bother coming back
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 18:31]
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:07 - Feb 19 with 1219 viewsEastR

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:54 - Feb 19 by superhoopdownunder

It is likely Fulham and Bournemouth will get automatic promotion

We are in the hunt along with
Blackburn
Huddersfield
Sheffield United
Boro
Forest
Luton
Coventry
West Brom

A few consecutive wins makes a huge difference

Let's hope we have now got our mojo back

U R's

I think we can cross Luton, Coventry and West Brom off that list.
If we stay in the play off places, and taking the long term view we should, the only team I wouldn't fancy us against over two legs is Boro.

We lacked a bit of urgency today as we have of late and that cost us. A bit more positivity required all round.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:13 - Feb 19 with 1189 viewsDannytheR

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:06 - Feb 19 by Antti_Heinola

It's true, we've had the bounce of referees this season... BUT that dick today was certainly making a one-man attempt to balance the scales.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:29 - Feb 19 with 1127 viewsDamo1962

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 17:27 - Feb 19 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 1 Hull 1
Rangers pressed forward.
Rangers were galvanized.

Thanks for the great reports Green bay 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024