Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread 09:49 - Mar 22 with 16938 viewsHullDale

Anyone else expecting O'Keeffe to have an absolute worldy tonight?
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:31 - Mar 22 with 2974 viewsJames1980

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:27 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

Can't comment on tonight's performance, didn't see it, but once again there's a report of public displays of angst between players and management

If i were Charman, i'd be unhappy too, having uprooted from a steady job with the lure of one (perhaps) last chance of making it in professional football. It's a tough old game at times, and looks like he's getting short shrift after being scouted and a fee paid

Of course, that could all be a misinterpretation, but it shouldn't be open to that through being broadcast so publicly - if reports are correct

In defence of the coaching staff we don't know how Charman has been doing in training and what his attitude has been in those sessions.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:35 - Mar 22 with 2934 viewsD_Alien

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:31 - Mar 22 by James1980

In defence of the coaching staff we don't know how Charman has been doing in training and what his attitude has been in those sessions.

Of course, James, and there's always two sides to these things

It's the public display that doesn't sit right with me. Humiliating him before his home crowd won't help him perform one little bit. There might be part of him wishing he'd stayed put in the north east and just enjoyed playing part-time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:36 - Mar 22 with 2921 viewsdingdangblue

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:24 - Mar 22 by Shun

Strange to think, despite the depression hanging over the fanbase tonight, we’re actually closer to safety than we were before the game.

With Ball and Campbell both getting injured and not even trying to play on tells me they could be out for a few games. If that's the case then it's been a very bad night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:38 - Mar 22 with 2889 views_Windydale

Shame if Ball's out for a stretch our best player behind Downing.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:56 - Mar 22 with 2783 viewsSandyman

EOC, Dorsett and Downing were a superb back 3 tonight - as good as any in this division. Jeriel got MOTM, again, and fully deserved.

Thought we had a good go tonight and showed far better movement and commitment than in recent games. Result undeserved but, the point we got V Port Vale was as well. We won't go down if we play like that every week. Worrying about the injuries to Ball and Campbell :(

The stuff going round Twitter about Shan and Charman is awful. Sounds like he is the Jimmy Bell / Jamie Hoyland who pretends to be knowledgeable and matey with the gaffer but has done SFA in football. Not what we want.

Attendances are a worry. Season ticket holders not turning up because past precedent suggests it's not worth watching has to ring alarm bells, however hard we tried tonight. The current rises in domestic costs are affecting every household, and financial decisions / sacrifices have to be made.

RS is a good man who I think genuinely cares, as opposed to a BBM who could not give a shiny s***e and spoke nonsense in his many defeats. What we need is good results. If RS can't get them, season ticket sales will plummet. Understandably so. The club is always bigger than one man. Be sad to lose him but if needs must...
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 00:08 - Mar 23 with 2744 viewsTomRAFC

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:56 - Mar 22 by Sandyman

EOC, Dorsett and Downing were a superb back 3 tonight - as good as any in this division. Jeriel got MOTM, again, and fully deserved.

Thought we had a good go tonight and showed far better movement and commitment than in recent games. Result undeserved but, the point we got V Port Vale was as well. We won't go down if we play like that every week. Worrying about the injuries to Ball and Campbell :(

The stuff going round Twitter about Shan and Charman is awful. Sounds like he is the Jimmy Bell / Jamie Hoyland who pretends to be knowledgeable and matey with the gaffer but has done SFA in football. Not what we want.

Attendances are a worry. Season ticket holders not turning up because past precedent suggests it's not worth watching has to ring alarm bells, however hard we tried tonight. The current rises in domestic costs are affecting every household, and financial decisions / sacrifices have to be made.

RS is a good man who I think genuinely cares, as opposed to a BBM who could not give a shiny s***e and spoke nonsense in his many defeats. What we need is good results. If RS can't get them, season ticket sales will plummet. Understandably so. The club is always bigger than one man. Be sad to lose him but if needs must...

Excellent assessment, couldn't agree more.

It does sound like Shan gave Charman a talking to, but there maybe a little poetic licence being taken. If those types of conversations were that audible from the stands, we'd have fans sharing what they overheard from the bench after every game.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 03:38 - Mar 23 with 2537 viewsShun

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:35 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

Of course, James, and there's always two sides to these things

It's the public display that doesn't sit right with me. Humiliating him before his home crowd won't help him perform one little bit. There might be part of him wishing he'd stayed put in the north east and just enjoyed playing part-time

I agree, although it was nice to see Charman get a rousing cheer both when he was called back to the bench pre-sub, and when he made it on to the pitch a minute later. (Though I’m sure the former of those was sardonically done towards Stockdale)
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 08:08 - Mar 23 with 2247 viewsDaleiLama

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 03:38 - Mar 23 by Shun

I agree, although it was nice to see Charman get a rousing cheer both when he was called back to the bench pre-sub, and when he made it on to the pitch a minute later. (Though I’m sure the former of those was sardonically done towards Stockdale)

It most definitely was and RS's comments in the post-match were in direct response. It's starting to feel a bit like Hilly's returned? I hope this stops there.

As for the football, agree with Sandyman up the page on all counts. I was really deflated after the second half at Orient but there was total commitment last night. That isn’t and wasn't enough though. We're on a conversion rate of a goal every 210 minutes over the last 7 outings. Utterly woeful.

I didn't catch the Charman/Shan spat but the last thing we need to be doing is giving ammo to the wrong people at present, and if RS doesn't put that right, a board member needs to step in. We have a reputation to uphold both as a club and to future players who may want to come here. In the age of social media stuff can't be swept under carpets anymore. If it was bullying, which it sounds very much like, it wants stamping out and warnings issued.

What a frigging season.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 09:44 - Mar 23 with 2040 viewsdiver

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 08:08 - Mar 23 by DaleiLama

It most definitely was and RS's comments in the post-match were in direct response. It's starting to feel a bit like Hilly's returned? I hope this stops there.

As for the football, agree with Sandyman up the page on all counts. I was really deflated after the second half at Orient but there was total commitment last night. That isn’t and wasn't enough though. We're on a conversion rate of a goal every 210 minutes over the last 7 outings. Utterly woeful.

I didn't catch the Charman/Shan spat but the last thing we need to be doing is giving ammo to the wrong people at present, and if RS doesn't put that right, a board member needs to step in. We have a reputation to uphold both as a club and to future players who may want to come here. In the age of social media stuff can't be swept under carpets anymore. If it was bullying, which it sounds very much like, it wants stamping out and warnings issued.

What a frigging season.

Could not get to the game last night but listened to commentary on Oldham v Sutton on Radio Bolton.What stood out was the superb knowledge of Calvin Andrew and the way he praised Sutton’s direct approach.He mentioned that both Oldham and Rochdale overdo the passing and should take a more direct approach.I would love to see him back as an adviser to RS even if he does not play anymore .
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 10:25 - Mar 23 with 1938 viewsD_Alien

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 09:44 - Mar 23 by diver

Could not get to the game last night but listened to commentary on Oldham v Sutton on Radio Bolton.What stood out was the superb knowledge of Calvin Andrew and the way he praised Sutton’s direct approach.He mentioned that both Oldham and Rochdale overdo the passing and should take a more direct approach.I would love to see him back as an adviser to RS even if he does not play anymore .

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, if RS needs advising he's not managing

Anyone in a leadership position should remain receptive to new ideas, but 'listening' and 'being advised' are two very different things

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 10:50 - Mar 23 with 1872 viewsDaleiLama

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 09:44 - Mar 23 by diver

I listened to him on the way home, and he does indeed speak very well. He identified all our weaknesses and also gave out some praise for how we are a "good team and not too far away". If an ex-pro can do that, I'm certain opposing managers have exactly the same info at their finger-tips. Whilst he didn't use these exact words, he pretty much identified us as the Arsenal team after pizza-gate, that wouldn't say boo to a goose and couldn't score because they wanted to walk the ball into the net each time. Having said that, there was more grit on display last night than many previous games.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 10:53 - Mar 23 with 1853 viewsBucketBstard

Wow , I'm in shock reading this.....
Our defence was not very good, it was lucky that Mansfield were as clueless as us up front.
There was no idea running throughout the team. And no forward. Campbell will be lucky to get 5 goals a season if left on his own. He needs a strike partner....we need a forward, Charman should be that man, but something doesnt seem right?
I worry for him if he's getting frustrated( rightly so) and then coming on late on, he could end up trying too hard and failing.
EOC played ok tonight and Done apart from that I wouldnt give a point to the others. Dorsett did what any defender should do , but he did give the ball away a hell a lot and was part of the shambles that created their goal.
We are very lucky that Biffos are so bad , and sCUNThorpe are out of it.
I cannot understand RS keeping with this 3 at the back...it aint working and the fans are turning away.We dont have many to begin with , so please dont alienate the faithful.
I like most others want RS to succeed but bringing on Newby was a shocker, when Charman should of been on.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 12:32 - Mar 23 with 1675 viewsBlueMessiah

Can only imagine the thoughts of the Mansfield defenders watching Campbell limping off (To be fair he’d worked hard and occupied them well, given he was ploughing a pretty lonely furrow) to be replaced by the woolly glove wearing Newby - they must have been bricking it!!
That decision was the tipping point for me.

Poll: Do I Know You?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024