Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? 15:04 - May 26 with 26286 viewsTalkingSutty

In just over a months time the players will be reporting back for pre-season training, the fans are currently in the dark regarding what to expect next season. Is there anybody actually running the club at the moment and could our Chairman please start to show some sort of leadership qualities? As a shareholder I'm now wondering if those in the Boardroom are fit for purpose, I can't be the only one thinking along those lines. If they can't take us any further then please say and let's see if as shareholders/the Trust/ fans we can source others to run the club ( it doesn't have to be Chris Dunphy etc). I would like to see a EGM called because at the moment the club is going down the plug hole and the silence is deafening. It seems to me that the only ambition that the Chairman and Directors now have is to find a investor and what happens on and off the pitch is secondary.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 15:32]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:41 - Jun 2 with 2452 viewsSuddenLad

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:26 - Jun 2 by NorthernDale

All I want to hear at the moment, is positive club signings, the silence from the club is deafening, have those offered contracts signed or agreed to sign, have we had offers for players, basically what is going in terms of next season.

I think players contracts are valid until June 30th, so there's unlikely to be a stampede of players signing contracts until that deadline approaches. All the while, of course, whilst they and their agents tout themselves around looking for better deals elsewhere.

I hope some of them are successful in finding employment elsewhere.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:07 - Jun 3 with 2130 viewsdavidab2202

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:41 - Jun 2 by SuddenLad

I think players contracts are valid until June 30th, so there's unlikely to be a stampede of players signing contracts until that deadline approaches. All the while, of course, whilst they and their agents tout themselves around looking for better deals elsewhere.

I hope some of them are successful in finding employment elsewhere.

The contracts will certainly run until 30th June and the problem that we may have with certain players who most would like to find employment elsewhere is that
1) If you are a member of a squad that was relegated from EFL and you didn't feature too often in games then your options may be limited in terms of interest from elsewhere.
2) Whilst you may have to take a pay cut to stay, your wage for a non-league footballer may still be attractive enough for you to decide to stay for another 12 months as you have a contract until then
As for new signings we may well be well down the pecking order for players who will be biding their time at this stage of a close season. Don't see many players rushing to the Crown Arena ,knocking on the door and demand that we sign them, but hopefully I can be found to be wrong with this suspicion
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:24 - Jun 4 with 1963 viewsfrenzied

Ita a patience game we need to offload as many as poss.

I expect nothing until end of month at earliest.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:43 - Jun 4 with 1921 viewsNorthernDale

I can see us managing to offload Ball and Campbell, we all agree that Ball had a bad season last year, but may be useful, in that he is an experienced NL player, so will get offers from NL teams. Cameron John, the issue is his wages and lack of game time last season, and so I think he will remain and be used as cover at left CD/back.

We have sold Ethan, may get bids in for Odoh, Mullarkey and Rodney, but otherwise the squad will be not change that much, next season we will need to get the recruitment right, especially in midfield, which we failed to do so last summer.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:50 - Jun 4 with 1845 viewssamueloneils

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:43 - Jun 4 by NorthernDale

I can see us managing to offload Ball and Campbell, we all agree that Ball had a bad season last year, but may be useful, in that he is an experienced NL player, so will get offers from NL teams. Cameron John, the issue is his wages and lack of game time last season, and so I think he will remain and be used as cover at left CD/back.

We have sold Ethan, may get bids in for Odoh, Mullarkey and Rodney, but otherwise the squad will be not change that much, next season we will need to get the recruitment right, especially in midfield, which we failed to do so last summer.

Don`t understand the preoccupation with midfield. Surely the main weakness we had all season was the lack of goalscoring talent.

Look at how few goals we scored. We weren`t hammered many times. One goal could often have made the difference.

Both Campbell - early on- and Rodney proved they could not lead the line as a striker and Quigley flattered to deceive.

So who is going to receive balls from midfield or defence?

Remember we ended up playing Hendo and Odoh as surely the smallest attack we`ve ever seen here.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:59 - Jun 4 with 1819 viewselectricblue

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:43 - Jun 4 by NorthernDale

I would try and keep Ball,Campbell, Mullarkey, Rodney and Graham as they would severley weaken the squad if they moved on..
As for cameron John, EEL they can leave...
Lloyd will be EFL bound.
Kelly as though he as talent can move on.

Odoh looks like he is to be sold.
Brierley as been sold.

As for Keohane well he was cartying an hernia for a good while hence his performances and if recovered from the operation then another 12month deal with an 12month option..

McNulty should be experienced to know that if to many players are let go or sold etc then bringing to many new faces take time to bond and Dale cannot afford that if they want mount a promotion challenge...
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 9:00]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 10:07 - Jun 4 with 1810 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:59 - Jun 4 by electricblue

I would try and keep Ball,Campbell, Mullarkey, Rodney and Graham as they would severley weaken the squad if they moved on..
As for cameron John, EEL they can leave...
Lloyd will be EFL bound.
Kelly as though he as talent can move on.

Odoh looks like he is to be sold.
Brierley as been sold.

As for Keohane well he was cartying an hernia for a good while hence his performances and if recovered from the operation then another 12month deal with an 12month option..

McNulty should be experienced to know that if to many players are let go or sold etc then bringing to many new faces take time to bond and Dale cannot afford that if they want mount a promotion challenge...
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 9:00]

When we won promotion in 68/69, we started the season with an entire new defence, midfield and wide men up front

The difference of course, was the quality, including manager

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:20 - Jun 4 with 1641 viewsNorthernDale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 09:50 - Jun 4 by samueloneils

Don`t understand the preoccupation with midfield. Surely the main weakness we had all season was the lack of goalscoring talent.

Look at how few goals we scored. We weren`t hammered many times. One goal could often have made the difference.

Both Campbell - early on- and Rodney proved they could not lead the line as a striker and Quigley flattered to deceive.

So who is going to receive balls from midfield or defence?

Remember we ended up playing Hendo and Odoh as surely the smallest attack we`ve ever seen here.

The issue I had was the midfield, it was constantly overwhelmed and created little, I accept this may be due the wing back system we used. Yes we needed more fire power and on paper we had Rodney, Henderson, but the others failed to deliver Sinclair looked better on the wing, Campbell and Charman were not given a chance, and we signed Quigley, who looked like a goal scorer, but under performed. So we had goal scoring potential, which failed to deliver.

But we missed a Lund type player to control midfield and get some goals, last season our midfield scored around 3 goals in the league, which is not good enough. I hope with the sale of Ethan, we can keep most of the squad together, sign a couple of defenders, 3 decent midfielders with Kelly also signing, with Sinclair and Odoh on the wings, plus another winger to add competition (I would like Lloyd, but I can see him moving on) and also a couple of decent strikers to add to Hendo and Rodney. So if we don't lose anyone else and Graham, Keohane and Kelly signs, we may need to recruit 8 players, if we use youth players as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:30 - Jun 4 with 1573 viewselectricblue

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:20 - Jun 4 by NorthernDale

The issue I had was the midfield, it was constantly overwhelmed and created little, I accept this may be due the wing back system we used. Yes we needed more fire power and on paper we had Rodney, Henderson, but the others failed to deliver Sinclair looked better on the wing, Campbell and Charman were not given a chance, and we signed Quigley, who looked like a goal scorer, but under performed. So we had goal scoring potential, which failed to deliver.

But we missed a Lund type player to control midfield and get some goals, last season our midfield scored around 3 goals in the league, which is not good enough. I hope with the sale of Ethan, we can keep most of the squad together, sign a couple of defenders, 3 decent midfielders with Kelly also signing, with Sinclair and Odoh on the wings, plus another winger to add competition (I would like Lloyd, but I can see him moving on) and also a couple of decent strikers to add to Hendo and Rodney. So if we don't lose anyone else and Graham, Keohane and Kelly signs, we may need to recruit 8 players, if we use youth players as well.

Looking at the Squad areas there are plenty of areas in a real need for improvement.
Out n out RB, LB to balance the back 4.

I also think that Mullarkey can do the Lund roll...

Need replacement for Lloyd and Odoh(if he leaves) sinclair can do that plus maybe a loan signing.

3 central midfielders to replace Brierley etc and those who have left the club.

2 forwards as Henderson and Rodney might find it tough...

And as for Qiggley i just hope that he does not return in any formatt(loan or perminent)...
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 9:02]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 22:49 - Jun 4 with 1245 viewssamueloneils

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:20 - Jun 4 by NorthernDale

Campbell played 13 cosecutive games before being dropped. In those games we scored 11 goals- 2 from Campbell. He never looked comfortable with the striker role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024