Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever QPR player chants 20:47 - Aug 23 with 14778 viewsnumptydumpty

Got to admit, my memory fails me but the song for Andy Sinton on the wing was indeed a bit damp and floppy !!!

😆

Can not remember the words or the song.

Our most Sung one is the Ooh Bobby Zamora.

But Big Bad Bob really quite often was pretty average for us all things considered apart from one moment that eradicated all his bad games which from memory was most of them.

The Nico Krancjar Charlie Austin chant was excellent but only a poor cover version of my all time favourite not our own but the same with Kolo and Ya Ya Toure.

Les Ferdinand chant was a power chant puffing chests out.

We have hardly had any real chants for any recent players ie because they pretty darned average or they not here long enough.

If Sinclair Armstrong continues to improve hopefully that could be one to remember in the future.

I would rather not though keep singing "how sh*t must you be" or "we're f*&(@ng sh%t.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 21:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Best ever QPR player chants on 13:04 - Aug 28 with 1405 viewsE17hoop

Best ever QPR player chants on 20:51 - Aug 25 by numptydumpty

I do remember a Rangers home game against Arsenal and Tony Adams was playing shortly after his release from prison when he drunk drove and rolled his car over and ended up straddling a lamp post.

He was given a four month prison sentence.

There were many donkey chants

Ee aww ee aww ee aww !! 😆

But distilled with a specially made chant which I remember the entire stadium singing for what seemed like the entire 90 minutes.

It went as follows ;

"Toe nee Adams. Toe née Adams.
Four months Four months they only gave him four months
Should have given him ten years. Should have given him ten years. "

Adams got sent off because he gave multiple two fingered salutes to the entire stadium. Lol

Ee aww ee aww ee aww !!! 😆
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 20:56]

After we named him donkey it was picked up by a few clubs and a few weeks later he scored for Arsenal. Jonathan Pearce was commentating and he came up with:

They call him a donkey but he haw, he haw, he hallways pops up and scores.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Best ever QPR player chants on 13:09 - Aug 28 with 1396 viewsbollockchops

"he`s black ,he`s white he`s buckin dynamite Devon White Devon White `"

"my name is Luděk Mikloško , i come from near moscow something something something hey big boy whats your name my name is Luděk Mikloško blah blah blah
Best ever QPR player chants on 13:41 - Aug 28 with 1350 viewsSydneyRs

I do remember a Rangers home game against Arsenal and Tony Adams was playing shortly after his release from prison when he drunk drove and rolled his car over and ended up straddling a lamp post.

But distilled with a specially made chant which I remember the entire stadium singing for what seemed like the entire 90 minutes.

It went as follows ;

Adams got sent off because he gave multiple two fingered salutes to the entire stadium. Lol

The donkey thing started at a game at Highbury and I think was because we all thought Paul Parker should be in the England team ahead of Adams. We lost 2-1 that day after being in the lead for much of the game.

It then really caught on to the point where he was regularly getting carrots thrown at him and the ee aw chants. During the 1990 cup replay he missed a chance at the Loft end and was showered in carrots.
Best ever QPR player chants on 06:23 - Aug 29 with 1252 viewscyprusmel

Best ever QPR player chants on 21:04 - Aug 23 by dmm

I've said this many before; the Rodney chant was unlike any other, then and now. It would send shivers up my back to hear it echoing around the ground like an air raid siren.

I could never understand why the "Rodney" chant was not adapted for "Charlie" Austin.
Best ever QPR player chants on 07:10 - Aug 29 with 1215 viewsSydneyRs

Way back in the 80s Gary Chivers was known for looking like Gary Davies off the radio and Davies' jingle of "Ooh Gary Davies on a Saturday" was changed to "Ooh Gary Chivers on a plastic pitch".

Also recall David Ginola getting wolf whistles every time he touched the ball during a pre season friendly v Spurs one year.

Trevor Sinclair chant to that 2 Unlimited No Limits song seemed like a good idea at the time.

There was probably a song for Nigel Spackman, but someone would have already posted it.
Best ever QPR player chants on 09:22 - Aug 29 with 1161 viewswombat

Best ever QPR player chants on 07:10 - Aug 29 by SydneyRs

Way back in the 80s Gary Chivers was known for looking like Gary Davies off the radio and Davies' jingle of "Ooh Gary Davies on a Saturday" was changed to "Ooh Gary Chivers on a plastic pitch".

Also recall David Ginola getting wolf whistles every time he touched the ball during a pre season friendly v Spurs one year.

Trevor Sinclair chant to that 2 Unlimited No Limits song seemed like a good idea at the time.

There was probably a song for Nigel Spackman, but someone would have already posted it.

one for peter shilton was a good one a simple TINA every time he got the bal from the loft ,

he didnt take it well so we kept singing it .

and one for david spunky seaman I wanna join a big club after he professed his undying love for arsenal , nearly came to blows with him at villa after he got off the coach before the game funnily enough as used to stand a few feet behind the goal in the loft and was more than happy to give it to him

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Best ever QPR player chants on 09:30 - Aug 29 with 1154 viewsSydneyRs

Best ever QPR player chants on 09:22 - Aug 29 by wombat

one for peter shilton was a good one a simple TINA every time he got the bal from the loft ,

and one for david spunky seaman I wanna join a big club after he professed his undying love for arsenal , nearly came to blows with him at villa after he got off the coach before the game funnily enough as used to stand a few feet behind the goal in the loft and was more than happy to give it to him

I remember the Loft all singing lets all do the Seaman while waving their arms around behind him in the early 90s I think. Would have been after one of the high profile embarrassing goals he let in. Not sure which one, there were a few.
Best ever QPR player chants on 09:57 - Aug 29 with 1123 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Seaman was great fun when in goal for Man City in the League Cup @ LR in about 2004. Pretty much the entire 90 minutes was devoted to giving him stick. He seemed to find it as funny as we did. He responded to "You should have stayed at the Rangers" by lifting imaginary trophies in our direction. By the end it felt like the hatchet had been buried and he clapped us and we clapped him. Nice moment and a great night.

Keegan heaped praise on Loftus Road that night saying it's one of the best grounds he's ever played a cup tie in. You can tell real football people by those that 'get' Loftus Road.
Login to get fewer ads

Best ever QPR player chants on 10:04 - Aug 29 with 1118 viewswombat

Best ever QPR player chants on 09:30 - Aug 29 by SydneyRs

I remember the Loft all singing lets all do the Seaman while waving their arms around behind him in the early 90s I think. Would have been after one of the high profile embarrassing goals he let in. Not sure which one, there were a few.

world cup i think and brazil cross from the left hand side he flapped just for a change and went in far top corner was the one , cant remeber the player though

Best ever QPR player chants on 10:27 - Aug 29 with 1093 viewsEsox_Lucius

Best ever QPR player chants on 09:22 - Aug 29 by wombat

I remember Clayton Blackmore getting "Whoooooooahhhhh Rayp!st" every time he took a free kick at home against Man Utd. The was also an awkward rehash of the WHU perennial Bubbles, along the lines of "I'm forever rayp!ng women, pretty women in the bogs..." Ferguson took him off at half time.

bantz from the crowd for Shilton around the Tina incident included "Hey Peter, can you give my missus a lift home afterwards" and towards the end of a game after a Shilts flap at a cross came a resounding "Jayzus Peter, I bet you punched your missus harder than that". He looked around with hate in his eyes, he wanted justice for that one by the look of him.

The grass is always greener.

Best ever QPR player chants on 10:38 - Aug 29 with 1085 viewswombat

Best ever QPR player chants on 10:27 - Aug 29 by Esox_Lucius

I remember Clayton Blackmore getting "Whoooooooahhhhh Rayp!st" every time he took a free kick at home against Man Utd. The was also an awkward rehash of the WHU perennial Bubbles, along the lines of "I'm forever rayp!ng women, pretty women in the bogs..." Ferguson took him off at half time.

bantz from the crowd for Shilton around the Tina incident included "Hey Peter, can you give my missus a lift home afterwards" and towards the end of a game after a Shilts flap at a cross came a resounding "Jayzus Peter, I bet you punched your missus harder than that". He looked around with hate in his eyes, he wanted justice for that one by the look of him.

was stood right behind shilton and he was going mental which obv made us sing it even more , we ddi ask him how he managed it in the back of a mini a few times as well , still not sure how he manged it as he wasnt a smnall bloke

Best ever QPR player chants on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 1063 viewsGroveR

It went as follows ;

"Who's that driving on the pavement
Who's that crashing through the wall
He plays in red and white
And he's plastered every night
Tony Adams is a donkey after all"

Think it was his first away game back after nick and I reckon he'd have wanted it anywhere else in the country than Loftus Road.

I always remember Tony Adams playing with a smile - actually more of a goofy "fùck me, how did I become a professional footballer?" expression. I was in the lower loft that game and he got pelters at every corner. Someone shouted "I hear you've got a lovely soft mouth Tony" and the stand was in stitches. He bends over to pick up a water bottle - "you're not in the showers at Chelmsford now Tony" - the smile went from a grimace to a rictus and you could actually see the moment he mentally snapped.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 11:31]
Best ever QPR player chants on 12:13 - Aug 29 with 1035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best ever QPR player chants on 11:25 - Aug 29 by GroveR

"Who's that driving on the pavement
Who's that crashing through the wall
He plays in red and white
And he's plastered every night
Tony Adams is a donkey after all"

Think it was his first away game back after nick and I reckon he'd have wanted it anywhere else in the country than Loftus Road.

I always remember Tony Adams playing with a smile - actually more of a goofy "fùck me, how did I become a professional footballer?" expression. I was in the lower loft that game and he got pelters at every corner. Someone shouted "I hear you've got a lovely soft mouth Tony" and the stand was in stitches. He bends over to pick up a water bottle - "you're not in the showers at Chelmsford now Tony" - the smile went from a grimace to a rictus and you could actually see the moment he mentally snapped.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 11:31]

"Morrow, Morrow fell off
Morrow, Morrow fell off
Morrow, Morrow fell off
Morrow fell off The Donkey"

(c) Neil "Harold" Adams.
and Skip to my Lou.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best ever QPR player chants on 12:31 - Aug 29 with 1017 viewsSydneyRs

Best ever QPR player chants on 10:38 - Aug 29 by wombat

was stood right behind shilton and he was going mental which obv made us sing it even more , we ddi ask him how he managed it in the back of a mini a few times as well , still not sure how he manged it as he wasnt a smnall bloke

On the subject of keepers getting stick, Tim Flowers used to hate the high pitched cries of "Timmy!" every time he touched the ball. Was highly amusing.

Also Les Sealey (RIP) used to get loads of stick and would get really wound up by it.

Bruce Grobelaar on the other hand would just laugh it off and give some back. Maybe because he already knew the results of games 😄
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 13:22]
Best ever QPR player chants on 20:19 - Aug 30 with 833 viewsCiderwithRsie

Best ever QPR player chants on 09:57 - Aug 29 by Padulas_Shampoo

Seaman was great fun when in goal for Man City in the League Cup @ LR in about 2004. Pretty much the entire 90 minutes was devoted to giving him stick. He seemed to find it as funny as we did. He responded to "You should have stayed at the Rangers" by lifting imaginary trophies in our direction. By the end it felt like the hatchet had been buried and he clapped us and we clapped him. Nice moment and a great night.

Keegan heaped praise on Loftus Road that night saying it's one of the best grounds he's ever played a cup tie in. You can tell real football people by those that 'get' Loftus Road.

I think Seaman was always a good bloke.

When the Arsenal transfer shenanigans were going on I remember a kid passing him an autograph book during the warm-up and my mate shouted "Don't sign it Dave, it's a contract" to which he responded with a massive grin.
Best ever QPR player chants on 20:37 - Aug 30 with 822 viewspadstow

"We've got the best midfield in the world..."
Always ended nicely with "Granerrroooooo" 😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024