Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cow update 16:32 - Jun 17 with 1749 viewsKeithHaynes

With the nation up in arms over the skilled and snap decision making of the officer who stopped Sundays dinner escaping some professionals have had a word.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg33v21weg3o

Had it been a knifeman or gunman you would expect any officer to do the same. To prevent a wild animal, albeit tasty with a selection of sauces from causing danger on a housing estate with kids and all manner of hazards close by in this instance was the correct decision.

Too many people with clouded agendas and points of view with no experience from behind a computer this time around. The coppers should have told them all to poke off. This officer potentially saved serious injury by making a snap decision based on training and instinct. He should be congratulated, but as many know in life, especially with this bizarre UK population the more you do the more shit you get.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cow update on 09:34 - Jun 19 with 208 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 22:29 - Jun 18 by majorraglan

The recruiting process follows a structure mandated by the College of Policing, but Forces have a degree of flexibility and are able to adjust the process for their own needs, for example my local Force mandates that applicants undergo a formal interview, but some Forces just stick to the process which, depending on the quality of the applicants could be a risk. The number applying to become police officers is very low at the moment, the quality isn’t great and the number of leavers is at historical highs.

https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk/application-process/get-ready-to-apply

In terms of arming every police officer, it would be an enormous challenge. AFO’s have to undertake regular refresher training, ( I don’t know how often but it’s a lot OHL could probably tell us the exact number of day) and ensuring every officer had that training would be impossible to deliver without huge investment, and I mean huge.

Arming every officer would also see a massive change in the police approach to conflict and restraint, AFO’s tend not to go “hands on” because if they’re overpowered or lose control of the weapon, the criminal will have a gun! Arming every officer increases the risk of firearm discharges significantly. Mate of mine just retired from the police - he’s glad he’s out!

It’s been 24 yrs since I left
I never regretted decision to leave and make real money without the hassle

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cow update on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 152 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I wonder if the cow had been white whether this would have happened at all?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cow update on 13:40 - Jun 19 with 113 viewsonehunglow

Cow update on 11:37 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Friesians have it easy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cow update on 13:46 - Jun 19 with 106 viewsKeithHaynes

Cow update on 11:37 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’ve often wondered about the ethnicity of animals.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024