Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential update on Illias Chair... 20:57 - Jun 19 with 10212 viewsdavman

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:07 - Jun 20 with 2910 viewsTheChef

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:51 - Jun 20 by robith

I have to say, if he actually did it, which seems to be the case, that's pretty grim and makes us look pretty terrible imo

Wednesday fans in particular weren't impressed that Chair kept playing...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:21 - Jun 20 with 2804 viewsAntti_Heinola

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:02 - Jun 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

You aren’t wrong.

I’m guilty of applying double standards here when it is in my (football club’s) interest.

But we still don't know context.

What if the guy had his hand raised about to hit Ilias's girlfriend? Or had hit her already? What if the other guy had a rock or a weapon?

I'm not excusing it, but as I've said on this subject a number of times, none of us were there. Equally, the fact he's been given community service for what seems like a pretty bad assault strongly suggests there is more to the story.

Bare bones.

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:32 - Jun 20 with 2739 viewsStainrod

Great news and a big relief.

Big outstanding question is when the community service will be?

If it could be over the summer, intensively, to get it out of the way, great.

If its 3pm every Sat then we are a bit screwed.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:49 - Jun 20 with 2648 viewsLoyalitat

I have to say, if he actually did it, which seems to be the case, that's pretty grim and makes us look pretty terrible imo

Totally agree.

To think that there was a post a while back on Ivan Toney's gambling addiction! and how oblivious Brentford as a club and its supporters appeared to be of his transgressions by still hero-worshipping him after he had served his suspension.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:49 - Jun 20 with 2660 viewsQPR_Hibs

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:32 - Jun 20 by Stainrod

Great news and a big relief.

Big outstanding question is when the community service will be?

If it could be over the summer, intensively, to get it out of the way, great.

If its 3pm every Sat then we are a bit screwed.

Lawyer seems to suggest Chair is offering to do the Community Service in Antwerp when he visits his family - so doubt that would be during a match!

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:07 - Jun 20 with 2581 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:21 - Jun 20 by Antti_Heinola

What if the guy had his hand raised about to hit Ilias's girlfriend? Or had hit her already? What if the other guy had a rock or a weapon?

I'm not excusing it, but as I've said on this subject a number of times, none of us were there. Equally, the fact he's been given community service for what seems like a pretty bad assault strongly suggests there is more to the story.

I know, I was talking in general.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:13 - Jun 20 with 2526 viewsjoe90

Do we know anything more about the lady in the green bikini?
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:18 - Jun 20 with 2491 viewsHoopsie

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:13 - Jun 20 by joe90

Do we know anything more about the lady in the green bikini?

Sister in law. Worth 50 hours of community work

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Login to get fewer ads

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:20 - Jun 20 with 2472 viewsE15Hoop

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:49 - Jun 20 by QPR_Hibs

Lawyer seems to suggest Chair is offering to do the Community Service in Antwerp when he visits his family - so doubt that would be during a match!

Maybe we can conveniently organise a series of friendlies to be played against Royal Antwerp during the international breaks this coming season...?
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:34 - Jun 20 with 2381 viewsStainrod

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:49 - Jun 20 by QPR_Hibs

That might be what Chair is "offering" but (and appreciate I am at risk of becoming about the 99th poster on here to speak confidently yet with complete ignorance about Belgium law) I suspect that is a decision for the judge rather than Chair.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 2275 viewsGloucs_R

Makes you wonder if he will be flying down the wing come September...

Hopefully not the West wing!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 13:09 - Jun 20 with 2179 viewsnick_hammersmith

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:49 - Jun 20 by Loyalitat

Totally agree.

To think that there was a post a while back on Ivan Toney's gambling addiction! and how oblivious Brentford as a club and its supporters appeared to be of his transgressions by still hero-worshipping him after he had served his suspension.

Isn't that more to do with Toney the sellable asset?
If I've got a car that I'd like to sell in a year for more than I paid for it, I'm not going to use social media to tell everyone my car is a bit of an arsehole am I?

I'll probably do the opposite, say how good the car is, then flog it and maybe later let on that my car didn't like me and I didn't like it.

Then to really show it, I'd use that money to buy a better car, and drive it all round town.

Remember when one of QPR's more expensive cars had a breakdown at a really important car show? We ended up paying a French bloke to drive it around for a year hoping that everyone would forget what a cünt of a car that one was.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 13:59 - Jun 20 with 1987 viewsterryb

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 12:34 - Jun 20 by Stainrod

That might be what Chair is "offering" but (and appreciate I am at risk of becoming about the 99th poster on here to speak confidently yet with complete ignorance about Belgium law) I suspect that is a decision for the judge rather than Chair.

This is my understanding of the translation as well.

The appeal was against the sentence rather than the conviction & that Chair (and his lawyer) were arguing for community service rather than imprisonment. It won't be known until the decision of the appeal is released on the 17th July, whether he has to spend time in prison.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 14:06 - Jun 20 with 1949 viewsterryb

This is the moral dilemma that Clive has often referred to since February & when he was sentenced. The translation is very similar to what the Antwerp press reported at the time of sentence.

What appears different to other players in the past, is that Chair has now taken full responsibility for his actions & is showing remorse.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 14:50 - Jun 20 with 1824 viewsrobith

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:21 - Jun 20 by Antti_Heinola

He's cracked a lad's skull open with a rock, and seemingly now admitted it. I'm not sure there's a context where I think that's really ok beyond life threatening. If he played for Chelsea, or indeed a player of lesser importance to us, we'd be less keen to find excuses
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 14:58 - Jun 20 with 1778 viewsDavieQPR

Always a bit dodgy when the trial takes place in a different Country to where the offence took place. Really it's nothing to do with the Belgium authorities. Will he do his community service in Belgium where he has broken no laws?
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 15:23 - Jun 20 with 1689 viewsTheChef

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 14:58 - Jun 20 by DavieQPR

Always a bit dodgy when the trial takes place in a different Country to where the offence took place. Really it's nothing to do with the Belgium authorities. Will he do his community service in Belgium where he has broken no laws?

That is true - why should Belgium take it on if the French authorities seemed to think it wasn't worth pursuing as a case?

Odd.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 15:30 - Jun 20 with 1637 viewskensalriser

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 13:09 - Jun 20 by nick_hammersmith

Isn't that more to do with Toney the sellable asset?
If I've got a car that I'd like to sell in a year for more than I paid for it, I'm not going to use social media to tell everyone my car is a bit of an arsehole am I?

I'll probably do the opposite, say how good the car is, then flog it and maybe later let on that my car didn't like me and I didn't like it.

Then to really show it, I'd use that money to buy a better car, and drive it all round town.

Remember when one of QPR's more expensive cars had a breakdown at a really important car show? We ended up paying a French bloke to drive it around for a year hoping that everyone would forget what a cünt of a car that one was.

If you want to say Joey Barton's a cnt, just say it!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 15:50 - Jun 20 with 1551 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 14:50 - Jun 20 by robith

He's cracked a lad's skull open with a rock, and seemingly now admitted it. I'm not sure there's a context where I think that's really ok beyond life threatening. If he played for Chelsea, or indeed a player of lesser importance to us, we'd be less keen to find excuses

You're either making that up or reading / listening to sensationalised accounts on message boards etc.

The press reported he threw a stone. You won't find a single quote from the prosecution's story supplied to the press that uses the word rock. It says nothing about a lad's skull being cracked open nor him threatening anyone's life.

I couldn't let this sort of stuff go last time we were all debating an incident we know almost literally nothing about and even what we do know is fed purely from the prosecution. Please can we all be careful with our interpretation of what's been reported?

Such a fine and grey line here but I detest how people tend to be tried by gossip and social media these days. It's quite simply not fair and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - including QPR players.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 16:05 - Jun 20 with 1487 viewsrobith

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 15:50 - Jun 20 by Padulas_Shampoo

You're either making that up or reading / listening to sensationalised accounts on message boards etc.

The press reported he threw a stone. You won't find a single quote from the prosecution's story supplied to the press that uses the word rock. It says nothing about a lad's skull being cracked open nor him threatening anyone's life.

I couldn't let this sort of stuff go last time we were all debating an incident we know almost literally nothing about and even what we do know is fed purely from the prosecution. Please can we all be careful with our interpretation of what's been reported?

Such a fine and grey line here but I detest how people tend to be tried by gossip and social media these days. It's quite simply not fair and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - including QPR players.

From the report Clive has posted in this thread, Chair has admitted he did it, and that "T. suffered a skull fracture of 2 centimeters". So I've tried no one by social media, but what he's admitted doing, and what the outcome was.

I'd say we're picking and choosing what we want to believe cos he's good for us
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 16:36 - Jun 20 with 1369 viewsNorthernr

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 16:05 - Jun 20 by robith

From the report Clive has posted in this thread, Chair has admitted he did it, and that "T. suffered a skull fracture of 2 centimeters". So I've tried no one by social media, but what he's admitted doing, and what the outcome was.

Yeh it's 95% that. Let's be honest, if it was that little Poveda lad at Sheff Wed we'd have been mumbling and grumbling about it.

However, guy hits some hairy, misogynistic truck driver for getting a bit handsy with his bikini-clad GF in a bus queue vs entitled little footballer prick hits working class bloke in the head preventing him feeding his family because he objected to him pushing in the queue for the bus are very different cases. And we still don't know which it is.

Not that I'd be making that excuse if he played for somebody else. Or if it was Richards. Of course. like you say... if you don't like these morals I have others.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 16:51 - Jun 20 with 1312 viewsnick_hammersmith

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 15:30 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

If you want to say Joey Barton's a cnt, just say it!

Well he is, but I didn't want to say it, as I'm guessing he's scraping some more cash together for round two with our cycling dj, who is def not a nonce
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 17:05 - Jun 20 with 1269 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 16:05 - Jun 20 by robith

If you can’t see the difference between ‘cracking someone’s skull open with a rock’ and throwing a stone at someone I’ll abstain from debating with you.

I’ve no doubt he’s guilty. I have absolutely no idea what he’s guilty of so I won’t cast judgment.i don’t know why people would rush to judge anyone’s actions when they know so few facts.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 17:21 - Jun 20 with 1227 views1JD

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 15:50 - Jun 20 by Padulas_Shampoo

Don’t normally get involved in these kind of discussions.

But.. Throwing something at someone, be it a glass, a stone, a pebble, a rock, some hard ice, etc, in anger at someone, impulsively, has been done many a time, by many a person. It’s not much different to someone throwing a punch at someone on a drunken night out, in anger, impulsively. Happens every day of the week.

None of it is acceptable, but some get lucky and get away with it and others don’t. Doesn’t make those who get caught a monster. Just as it doesn’t make those who get away with it an angel. Let’s hope there’s been some learning on all sides.

It’s also wise to suspend judgement because we are not privy to the finer details of the case.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 17:58 - Jun 20 with 1141 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 17:21 - Jun 20 by 1JD

Don’t normally get involved in these kind of discussions.

But.. Throwing something at someone, be it a glass, a stone, a pebble, a rock, some hard ice, etc, in anger at someone, impulsively, has been done many a time, by many a person. It’s not much different to someone throwing a punch at someone on a drunken night out, in anger, impulsively. Happens every day of the week.

None of it is acceptable, but some get lucky and get away with it and others don’t. Doesn’t make those who get caught a monster. Just as it doesn’t make those who get away with it an angel. Let’s hope there’s been some learning on all sides.

It’s also wise to suspend judgement because we are not privy to the finer details of the case.

Couldn’t agree more. Well said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024