Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Golfers On Here. 15:48 - Jun 21 with 2298 viewswelwynranger

I was playing with my mate this morning.
He hit the ball it went in the air, bounce twice,rolled then disappered.
It had gone into a rabbit warren.
I gave him a free drop.
But what would the ruling be if it was a competiton or leagie
Any Golfers On Here. on 16:13 - Jun 21 with 1986 viewsHAYESBOY

Nope. You only get relief if you can reasonably get a club swing on the back of the ball.

Penalty drop if it disappeared in the hole. Harsh............

Smells like a trout farm in here

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:13 - Jun 21 with 1983 viewsdanehoop

https://www.randa.org/en/rog/the-rules-of-golf/rule-16

Free Drop.

Never knowingly understood

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:19 - Jun 21 with 1964 viewsHAYESBOY

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:13 - Jun 21 by danehoop

https://www.randa.org/en/rog/the-rules-of-golf/rule-16

Free Drop.

Well bugger me. I was told years ago you only got relief if you could get a club face to the ball. Wonder if its changed over the years.

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:31 - Jun 21 with 1919 viewsstevec

Does that mean you get free drop if your swing is hampered by a tree root?

I’ve lost no end of strokes this way.
Any Golfers On Here. on 16:41 - Jun 21 with 1880 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'm not sure at all on this; I've only ever been on fairways or greens and the only time my ball has ever disappeared down a hole is when it is the one with a flagstick in it.

The grass is always greener.

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:43 - Jun 21 with 1873 viewsCateLeBonR

*No Rabbits were harmed in this exersize 🐰

This article seems to suggest it’s a bit of both.

https://www.golfmagic.com/tips/getting-started/watch-5-golf-rules-all-amateur-go

“When your ball is in a rabbit hole, you get a free drop under Rule 16... but you must have a reasonable stroke into the back of the ball in order to get that free relief”
Any Golfers On Here. on 17:05 - Jun 21 with 1804 viewsSimonJames

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:43 - Jun 21 by CateLeBonR

*No Rabbits were harmed in this exersize 🐰

This article seems to suggest it’s a bit of both.

https://www.golfmagic.com/tips/getting-started/watch-5-golf-rules-all-amateur-go

“When your ball is in a rabbit hole, you get a free drop under Rule 16... but you must have a reasonable stroke into the back of the ball in order to get that free relief”

100% of people who drink water will die.

Any Golfers On Here. on 17:27 - Jun 21 with 1768 viewswelwynranger

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:41 - Jun 21 by Esox_Lucius

I'm not sure at all on this; I've only ever been on fairways or greens and the only time my ball has ever disappeared down a hole is when it is the one with a flagstick in it.

Thank you Rory
Login to get fewer ads

Any Golfers On Here. on 17:51 - Jun 21 with 1731 viewsJuzzie

I hit a windmill once and it bounced off the wind vane so I had to take it again :(
Any Golfers On Here. on 18:11 - Jun 21 with 1693 viewsQPRsince54

The rule means, that if the rabbit hole wasn't there would you have a clear strike on the ball. If the hole is covered in thick grass/shrubs or roots you would not have a clear shoot.
Any Golfers On Here. on 18:33 - Jun 21 with 1651 viewsCLAREMAN1995

No rabbit stories here but I did witness 2 things on the first tee I thought would never happen and wont for the rest of my life.
1. A decent golfer was hitting off No 1 in my group after a morning of hard rain and at impact none of us or the group behind actually saw the ball.He literally drove it straight into the ground in front of the tee such was the angle of attack and soft ground .After we stopped laughing we let him re load for free and he manage to par the hole .
2. A complete and utter hacker ( but one of the nicest human beings ever) was playing with us on a tough course with water in front and behind the first tee .We play blue or middle tees so in the process of hitting off he bladed it with the driver hitting the front tee marker dead in the middle and came backwards past us into the lake behind us not only losing ground but the ball of course .
We never counted it just let him hit from where our tee shots landed otherwise we might be there still
We play for fun as everybody can tell nobody good enough to qualify for anything
Any Golfers On Here. on 23:43 - Jun 21 with 1365 viewscolinallcars

I played golf with a chimneysweep some years ago. He slaughtered me.
I asked him what was his handicap.
“Central heating” he replied.
The ol' ones are the best.
Any Golfers On Here. on 23:53 - Jun 21 with 1339 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mark Twain described golf as a good walk spoiled. Who's with me?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Any Golfers On Here. on 01:07 - Jun 22 with 1309 viewsBoston

Any Golfers On Here. on 23:53 - Jun 21 by stainrods_elbow

Walk, you say...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any Golfers On Here. on 07:31 - Jun 22 with 1192 viewsdsw2509

Any Golfers On Here. on 16:19 - Jun 21 by HAYESBOY

Well bugger me. I was told years ago you only got relief if you could get a club face to the ball. Wonder if its changed over the years.

Rule 16.1.e applies.

Free drop if it is ‘known or virtually certain’ that the ball has entered the rabbit hole. If this is not the case then stroke and distance penalty under rule 18.2
Any Golfers On Here. on 07:38 - Jun 22 with 1178 viewsdsw2509

The Golf magic article used the word ‘hole’ when in British English, that would be ‘scrape’.
Any Golfers On Here. on 08:19 - Jun 22 with 1146 viewshubble

Any Golfers On Here. on 23:53 - Jun 21 by stainrods_elbow

Is there some kind of law that whenever golf is mentioned, some bright spark has to chip in (wink) with that tired old comment?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Any Golfers On Here. on 11:23 - Jun 22 with 1016 viewsHAYESBOY

Any Golfers On Here. on 15:05 - Jun 22 with 879 viewsMick_S

Any Golfers On Here. on 17:51 - Jun 21 by Juzzie

I hit a windmill once and it bounced off the wind vane so I had to take it again :(

Crazy golf doesn’t have the same rules, mate 😀

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Any Golfers On Here. on 18:52 - Jun 22 with 746 viewsR_from_afar

A mate and I were once playing golf on a more or less deserted course and at the second hole, a very short one, I played a decent tee shot, surprisingly, and was handily placed.

Then, however, a crow swooped down and flew off with my ball. It quickly realised that it wasn't in fact an egg and promptly dumped it in a stream. I allowed myself a free drop

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Any Golfers On Here. on 15:16 - Jun 24 with 494 viewsNiko0508

Very informative post. Appreciate the effort you put into this. https://medium.com/@tonya.hughes/solar-panels-in-detroit-top-local-purchase-opti
Any Golfers On Here. on 20:17 - Jun 24 with 406 viewsqpr_1968

back in the day, footballers seemed to make golf their second sport....relaxed.

was chatting to an ex pompey player today, he said bobby campbell was a superb golfer, played from scratch.
wander how many ex qpr related players/managers/coaches were up there with the pros.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Any Golfers On Here. on 20:28 - Jun 24 with 390 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any Golfers On Here. on 20:17 - Jun 24 by qpr_1968

back in the day, footballers seemed to make golf their second sport....relaxed.

was chatting to an ex pompey player today, he said bobby campbell was a superb golfer, played from scratch.
wander how many ex qpr related players/managers/coaches were up there with the pros.

Julian Dicks went pro for a while.
Any Golfers On Here. on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 384 viewseastside_r

Any Golfers On Here. on 20:28 - Jun 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Julian Dicks went pro for a while.

Didn’t Wegerle too?
Any Golfers On Here. on 20:42 - Jun 24 with 357 viewspragueranger

I once got robbed by a monkey whilst playing golf.

We stayed at Sun City in South Africa during the World Cup in 2010. Played one of the courses there, and while I was teeing off on one of the holes a monkey ran out from the trees and nicked a bottle of blue energy drink from my bag, ran back in the bushes and sat there drinking it and watching us.

Not sure if there’s anything specific in the rules about that, but I was allowed to play my tee shot again without penalty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024