Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartons appeal 15:33 - May 16 with 8553 viewsFerdy

I thought there was a 12:00 deadline to see if he appealed? Anyone heard anything?
Bartons appeal on 16:44 - May 16 with 1780 viewsNorthernr

Bartons appeal on 16:34 - May 16 by Ferdy

I cant see who could afford his wages, I also doubt whether we would be willing to pay off his contract. I suspect that we will fine him a month or twos wages then warn him over future conduct.

I think when you hear "internal investigation" it's pretty clear they're going to try and sack him and get out of the whole issue about nobody taking him off our hands. As said, even the union are washing their hands of him.
Bartons appeal on 16:46 - May 16 with 1760 viewsJamie

Bartons appeal on 16:29 - May 16 by Northernr

Club have just announced internal investigation into his behaviour at the weekend to follow FA hearing. Looks like first step into shipping him out to me.

As I said the minute it happened.

Sacked for Gross Misconduct. No payoff.

If Joseph wants to go after a payoff he can take the club to court. He has 0% chance of getting a judge in the land to side with him.

This is the professional and correct way to go about it legally.
Bartons appeal on 16:47 - May 16 with 1756 viewsA40Bosh

Bartons appeal on 16:44 - May 16 by Northernr

I think when you hear "internal investigation" it's pretty clear they're going to try and sack him and get out of the whole issue about nobody taking him off our hands. As said, even the union are washing their hands of him.

Maybe Warnock might take him to Leeds to join up with Diouf?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bartons appeal on 16:48 - May 16 with 1753 viewsdaveB

i think the club not representing him at the hearing says a lot, they'll sack him and pay him off, probably agree to pay him a few million. I hope the club stand firm, he's got to go.

Bartons appeal on 16:49 - May 16 with 1748 viewsderbyhoop

4 game ban for second red of the season. Ager would have been his third and Kompany his fourth.
So 4+5+6 = 15.

But if qpr do the decent thing we'll be £60k per week better off.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bartons appeal on 16:49 - May 16 with 1746 viewsJuzzie

Bartons appeal on 16:44 - May 16 by HAYESBOY

Sell him to West Ham. They will have him.

No need to sell him, give him a free transfer. That's how we got him off Newcastle.

However, some club has got to want to take him and his salary. With the likes of Marlon King still being employed, someone out there will make him an offer, it's just a case of whether he'll accept that offer.

He we don't/can't sack him I don't think this will happen. If we do/can sack him then I think he will end up somewhere on a lot less than he is on now, maybe even a division lower.

Bartons appeal on 16:52 - May 16 with 1737 viewsJamie

Bartons appeal on 16:48 - May 16 by daveB

i think the club not representing him at the hearing says a lot, they'll sack him and pay him off, probably agree to pay him a few million. I hope the club stand firm, he's got to go.

It's been reported as 'our joe' choosing to engage his own team rather than accepting ours.

I genuinely think Barton realises he's fcked if this goes against him. No club and a 10+ game ban hanging over him will make it very difficult to get another contract. At least in this country.
Bartons appeal on 16:53 - May 16 with 1729 viewsPinnerPaul

Bartons appeal on 16:29 - May 16 by Northernr

Club have just announced internal investigation into his behaviour at the weekend to follow FA hearing. Looks like first step into shipping him out to me.

Agree
Login to get fewer ads

Bartons appeal on 16:53 - May 16 with 1729 viewsstansleftfoot

I think that Mel Stein is looking at separating the sequence of 'Attacks' so that some mitigation can be hoped for. I suspect the Club refused this approach which leads us to presume they want rid of Barton.
The Tevez incident is defence against Tevez's unprovoked attack, the Aguero incident is not premeditated but presumably encouraged by JB's team mates, and the headbutt on Kompany was a false impression because Lescott pushed him. The Balotelli incident was verbal and was a result of intimidation from a non-playing member of the opposition squad with a history.....I rest my case, a Three Match ban plus the normal addition for previous Red Card.
The Club clearly wouldn't support such nonsense so Mel jumps in and had to ask for an extension...Lack of support from the PFA, i suspect all want rid of Barton...best picture 6 Match Ban. Worst Picture: 12 Match Ban, a months Club Fine, a FA Fine, a case bought by QPR for Breach of Contract for a fundamental breach of the contract between QPR and JB, allowing JB to countersue for the case.
QPR put an unjunction on Joey so he cannot play and his wages are placed in the hands of the Court until settlement is judged.
Won't go that far, a private settlement will be made and Joey can go and ply his trade as a free agent. That's my guess!
Bartons appeal on 16:53 - May 16 with 1725 viewsCambsHoop

Bartons appeal on 15:45 - May 16 by imustbemad

clive, perhaps a sweeps should be started guessing the length of ban with an "I Love Joey" T-Shirt as prize

William Hill were running a book yesterday but seems to have gone now. Stan James are running one on whether he'll be at Rangers at the start of the season.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/joey-barton-specials/still
Bartons appeal on 17:01 - May 16 with 1690 viewsBlackCrowe

Bartons appeal on 16:53 - May 16 by stansleftfoot

I think that Mel Stein is looking at separating the sequence of 'Attacks' so that some mitigation can be hoped for. I suspect the Club refused this approach which leads us to presume they want rid of Barton.
The Tevez incident is defence against Tevez's unprovoked attack, the Aguero incident is not premeditated but presumably encouraged by JB's team mates, and the headbutt on Kompany was a false impression because Lescott pushed him. The Balotelli incident was verbal and was a result of intimidation from a non-playing member of the opposition squad with a history.....I rest my case, a Three Match ban plus the normal addition for previous Red Card.
The Club clearly wouldn't support such nonsense so Mel jumps in and had to ask for an extension...Lack of support from the PFA, i suspect all want rid of Barton...best picture 6 Match Ban. Worst Picture: 12 Match Ban, a months Club Fine, a FA Fine, a case bought by QPR for Breach of Contract for a fundamental breach of the contract between QPR and JB, allowing JB to countersue for the case.
QPR put an unjunction on Joey so he cannot play and his wages are placed in the hands of the Court until settlement is judged.
Won't go that far, a private settlement will be made and Joey can go and ply his trade as a free agent. That's my guess!

Wow that's some guess Stan. And it sounds totally plausible. Are you a legal eagle Stan?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bartons appeal on 17:11 - May 16 with 1663 viewsDanVanDyke

Am I the only person who hopes we actually keep him? Yes, what he did is stupid, but as with all stupid events in his life, he was initially the wronged party. I thought he was one of our best players in the run in and think he finally bought into us and stopped comparing us with 52,000 capacity SJP and realised that we have as much, if not more, passion than Newcassel fans. He seems a popular guy with the same players that have been lauded for their contribution suggesting that he's not the divisive influence some would suggest.

And Twitter, at least he's honest. Shearer was a thug of the highest order on the pitch as a forward, only marginally better than Niall Quinn and Gary Lineker is a dodgy b*stard. If these people want to take the moral high ground then fair play to JB for pricking their bubble.
Bartons appeal on 17:14 - May 16 with 1647 viewsBlackCrowe

Bartons appeal on 17:11 - May 16 by DanVanDyke

Am I the only person who hopes we actually keep him? Yes, what he did is stupid, but as with all stupid events in his life, he was initially the wronged party. I thought he was one of our best players in the run in and think he finally bought into us and stopped comparing us with 52,000 capacity SJP and realised that we have as much, if not more, passion than Newcassel fans. He seems a popular guy with the same players that have been lauded for their contribution suggesting that he's not the divisive influence some would suggest.

And Twitter, at least he's honest. Shearer was a thug of the highest order on the pitch as a forward, only marginally better than Niall Quinn and Gary Lineker is a dodgy b*stard. If these people want to take the moral high ground then fair play to JB for pricking their bubble.

He has indeed played well in the past couple of months, but if we are to move on and up it can only be as QPR and not the Joey Barton show.

After a brilliant performance on Sunday and an incredible escape act, all the non-Man City headlines the next day were about Joey bloody Barton and his behaviour and brainless tweets.

We're better off without him. And our credibility is too.

Bartons appeal on 17:18 - May 16 with 1640 viewsstansleftfoot

Ha, No Mate, i like a story! No, but the intricacies of legal thinking and civil law are not complex....the judgement usually follows the money....Barton with his possibly bi-polar tendencies could be "cycling" which gives him a massive sense of importance and a sense on omnipotence, he's drifting out of his end of the pool into an area where he's well out of his depth now. I suspect its the worst outcome for him, unless he pulls his oar's in.
A step too far for a Premiership Championship and relegation decider with around 250 million watching.
Bartons appeal on 17:18 - May 16 with 1639 viewsstansleftfoot

Ha, No Mate, i like a story! No, but the intricacies of legal thinking and civil law are not complex....the judgement usually follows the money....Barton with his possibly bi-polar tendencies could be "cycling" which gives him a massive sense of importance and a sense on omnipotence, he's drifting out of his end of the pool into an area where he's well out of his depth now. I suspect its the worst outcome for him, unless he pulls his oar's in.
A step too far for a Premiership Championship and relegation decider with around 250 million watching.
Bartons appeal on 17:21 - May 16 with 1577 viewsA40Bosh

To be honest, all I am really after is a bit of peace and bloody quiet for a couple of seasons and only have QPR mentioned on the sports pages of any media.

When I hear or see Bhatia, Fernandes and Beard I feel proud of the people who we have running our club finally. Quiet (well reasonably quiet) professionalism oozes from them. They have been walking the walk in taking this club forwards off the pitch in the same way that the likes of Derry, Mackie, Hill, Helguson, Smith, Ferdinand et all.... have also been doing it on the pitch this season. On the flip side you have time bomb Barton dragging us down and keeping the circus we were under the old regime slightly alive, just when we were getting back into the headlines for the right reasons.

Ok, I am probably being selfish and want everything perfect at LR and life is not like that, because there will always be somethign for supporters to get on a downer about, but I just want him gone. Pay off his contract, whatever, just let him go and be a self promoting media circus act somewhere else now. We have had our turn at babysitting the problem child.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bartons appeal on 17:21 - May 16 with 1572 viewsDanVanDyke

Bartons appeal on 17:14 - May 16 by BlackCrowe

He has indeed played well in the past couple of months, but if we are to move on and up it can only be as QPR and not the Joey Barton show.

After a brilliant performance on Sunday and an incredible escape act, all the non-Man City headlines the next day were about Joey bloody Barton and his behaviour and brainless tweets.

We're better off without him. And our credibility is too.

I get that, but would any of the headlines been about us anyway? Fck the general media, we were there either in person or in spirit, biting our nails, in fcking agony one minute, in tumultous ectasy the next. I barely slept for a week leading up to the match, I dreamed about Bolton goals and missed penalties and Citeh tearing us a new one and we survived. It's one of the most amazing days of my life and I don't need the Sun or the Mirror to tell me we're amazing, I saw it myself and I know we are. We're QPR. We'll always be QPR and always bigger than Joey Barton whatever he tweets and whatever the media suggest.

If Hughes wants rid and we're looking for a sneaky way of getting rid of him, then fair enough, but I don't get the moral outrage surrounding him. I wanted to kick Aguero too!!
Bartons appeal on 17:23 - May 16 with 1554 viewsdaveB

Shearer marginally better than Niall Quinn! I take it you never watched him live? Shearer was a fantastic player, a thug yes but also a fantastic player, to score as many goals as he did deserves to give you a bit of respect. For Barton to be slating him over his hair and dress sense is cringeworthy.

It's not as if either of them went mad over Barton on MOTD either, both were well within their rights to slate him. Gary Neville, Redknapp and Souness all said far worse about him.

For me he crossed the line with his antics after the sending off. Thats twice this season he has bitten from a bit of provocation and cost his team badly, I don't want to see him in a QPR shirt again. Thanks for your efforts this year but he should go.
Bartons appeal on 17:29 - May 16 with 1532 viewsDanVanDyke

Bartons appeal on 17:23 - May 16 by daveB

Shearer marginally better than Niall Quinn! I take it you never watched him live? Shearer was a fantastic player, a thug yes but also a fantastic player, to score as many goals as he did deserves to give you a bit of respect. For Barton to be slating him over his hair and dress sense is cringeworthy.

It's not as if either of them went mad over Barton on MOTD either, both were well within their rights to slate him. Gary Neville, Redknapp and Souness all said far worse about him.

For me he crossed the line with his antics after the sending off. Thats twice this season he has bitten from a bit of provocation and cost his team badly, I don't want to see him in a QPR shirt again. Thanks for your efforts this year but he should go.

Well as someone born and bred in Newcastle who's brother is a massive Southampton supporter I've been aware of Alan for a long time and have had to put up with the cult of Alan Shearer!! My comment wasn't about footballing ability, it was about being dirty basts! Quinn being slightly more dirty than Shearer. No question who was the better forward - although I think Les was better than both...
Bartons appeal on 17:30 - May 16 with 1529 viewswestberksr

Bartons appeal on 17:21 - May 16 by DanVanDyke

I get that, but would any of the headlines been about us anyway? Fck the general media, we were there either in person or in spirit, biting our nails, in fcking agony one minute, in tumultous ectasy the next. I barely slept for a week leading up to the match, I dreamed about Bolton goals and missed penalties and Citeh tearing us a new one and we survived. It's one of the most amazing days of my life and I don't need the Sun or the Mirror to tell me we're amazing, I saw it myself and I know we are. We're QPR. We'll always be QPR and always bigger than Joey Barton whatever he tweets and whatever the media suggest.

If Hughes wants rid and we're looking for a sneaky way of getting rid of him, then fair enough, but I don't get the moral outrage surrounding him. I wanted to kick Aguero too!!

I get your point completely; his performances of late gave the impression of someone who may have finally understood wtf he was put on this planet to do & the presence of equally big egos in the form of Gib & BZ may have put him slightly in his place.

I still can't believe what he did on Sunday other than the initial go at Tevez. That horrible little scrote was all over Barton and then throws himself on the floor screaming over nothing more than he deserved. What followed was disgraceful for anyone; let alone the captain.

If he can't be trusted then he has served his time; club look like they are getting into position to kick him out and you can't actually blame them.

Real shame as we've always been a safehouse for a number of lunatics over the years and JB had shown that he has the ability to contribute positively when he's slightly sane.
Bartons appeal on 17:33 - May 16 with 1512 viewsBlackCrowe

Added to which every oppo player next season is going to try and rile him. It was bad enough this season, it will be relentless next. And all the while the rest of team have got to adapt to/put up with the situation. Get rid.

Bartons appeal on 17:39 - May 16 with 1495 viewsPhildo

The bloke is a human being and I hope he sorts his head out sometime - he has a young baby etc. I dont really want to be explaining his behaviour to my 8 year old son anymore in the context of QPR though.

Footballers being dismissed for gross misconduct is pretty rare though - my guess is there will be a negotiated settlement to get him out and he will go and play abroad somewhere.
Bartons appeal on 17:43 - May 16 with 1483 viewsN12Hoop

I think the club will do everything in their power to end the relationship without resorting to legal action since this could drag on for at least a year and Barton would be in limbo for this period. It's very hard to get rid of an employee for gross misconduct, tribunals tend to side with an employee unless the course of conduct is so serious and, let's face it, he's not the first player to get a red card and react badly.

Presumably his solicitor (who is Paul Gascoigne's old lawyer so used to dealing with headcases) will sit down with the club and try and come up with an exit strategy. The club's other option is to loan him out, abroad would be best, but they run the risk that if he gets up to his usual tricks he'll be back on QPR's payroll. All in all a very difficult situation.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Bartons appeal on 19:26 - May 16 with 1402 viewsHoopza_Lawski

He had no thought about the team,the supporters,the club when he did it.He knew how massive the game was to us.We could of been relegated because of him and god knows what could of happened to us if we did.
He is a selfish thug,get rid.
Bartons appeal on 21:59 - May 16 with 1325 views100percent

I'm with you Mr VanDyke... I think we need to just sit back and see how the situation pans out and takes it's natural course. two big things to remember - firstly, when and if he is banned for 10 games, it is obvious that he will be stripped of the captaincy for being absent. secondly after those 10 games he will find it difficult to get into a side that has started the season. If we are struggling, he will walk back in and have a point to prove - if we are doing well, he will have to be patient and fight for a place......
the whole gross misconduct thing is a rocky road - he can point directly at Cisse who has also been sent off twice in the same season.
I would be completely livid if he was punished internally to satisfy the FA and the Media's interest. Any internal discipline needs to remain within the club and behind closed doors.
fck this whole witch hunt stuff......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024