Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? 10:14 - May 25 with 2240 viewsDylanP

Have we had a better goalscorer than Cisse in the last twenty years?

He scores with his head, from distance, in a scramble. He is fast. Has control. Is hungry and a little bit greedy in front of goal.

I think next year could be the best of his career. We will have a midfield that will includes Samba, Faurlin, Barton and Taarabt supplying him. We'll have the likes of Taiwo, Traore and Mackie bombing down the wing getting balls over. His partnership with Zamore upfront will mature. The boys will have an offseason the find each others' pace and gel. I dont think he'll get sent off next season. I think he could easily net 20 goals next year and be an absolute terror. If he does, he'll be POTY next year. Self promoting, yeah. But the lad knows where the back of the net is.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:17 - May 25 with 1713 viewsNorthernr

He's the best striker we've had since Ferdinand certainly. Still can't really believe we got him here.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:18 - May 25 with 1704 viewsTonto

It maybe a little to early to judge - but there is not much competition:

Look at our top scorers each year - few have got to the magical 20 goals a year mark other than Andy Thompson - but that was at a much lower level.

Kiwomya got close one year -but added little else to the team, particularly when times got bad.

Probably the nearest to the Sir Les level for all round contribution is Paul Furlong - but again that was at a lower level.

If Cisse keeps going and keeps getting the goals, then yes - but lets have this conversation again next year!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:22 - May 25 with 1692 viewswestolian

I think we'll have 3 or 4 new quality players to supply him tbh.

Trouble is, i think Cisse should start but Hughes seems to like Zamoro up top on his own - maybe and depending on which new players come in, it will make it easier for Cisse to have more game time.

Having a decent pre-season will be the best thing for us going into next season.

Imagine how safe we could have been with a decent pre-season this year !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:25 - May 25 with 1685 viewsKrakow

I think the difference is that he is also really up for every game and I really hope that he keeps up that hunger every game next season. This season he was really working to pay back for his red cards and to help us avoid relegation, I just hope that the fire stays in his belly when he hasn't got that urgency on his mind during the first 20 games of next season.

I think he is also the kind of player that feeds of jealousy; if Zamora starts playing really well (and scores goals) and we get another striker in to push competition, then I think we might just see the best out of him.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:25 - May 25 with 1683 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I said on the match thread just before he got sent off the first time replying to someone who said how classy he looks, "what a change it is to have some real class upfront" (something like that) as I clicked 'post' he got sent off

I still stand by it though, don't forget Andy Thomson 2001—2003 Queen's Park Rangers Apperances: 68 goals: (28)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:40 - May 25 with 1655 viewsolderR

We would have said the same about Dave if he had only played eight games!
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:45 - May 25 with 1642 viewsnadera78

Les was a better player than Cisse because he scored goals, won headers, scared the life out of defenders with the ball at his feet, and generally just dominated opponents physically. That said he often needed 3 or 4 chances to score one goal, whereas Cisse is a lot more clinical. Purely on goalscoring Cisse is the better, IMO.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:46 - May 25 with 1633 viewsShotKneesHoop

Have we had one since Sir Les?

He's also as mad as a Rampton inmate so he's real class.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:06 - May 25 with 1606 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Without going overboard, because frankly we have not had many top class players play for us at anywhere near their peak, he is probably one of the best players that has ever played for QPR. 41 caps for France, how many of ours could match or better that. I thought his goal up at Aston Villa was stunning, so simple but different class.

He has his limitations but the thing he does best is the thing we need most.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:12 - May 25 with 1587 viewshoopstilidie

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:17 - May 25 by Northernr

He's the best striker we've had since Ferdinand certainly. Still can't really believe we got him here.

This.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:18 - May 25 with 1581 viewsrobith

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 10:22 - May 25 by westolian

I think we'll have 3 or 4 new quality players to supply him tbh.

Trouble is, i think Cisse should start but Hughes seems to like Zamoro up top on his own - maybe and depending on which new players come in, it will make it easier for Cisse to have more game time.

Having a decent pre-season will be the best thing for us going into next season.

Imagine how safe we could have been with a decent pre-season this year !

Hughes is a 442 man through and through, but he's also very very practical. And our enforced change to 451 worked better with the players we had available and he was loathe to change that.

A summer and a pre season of Hughes and his team with the players and his additions and I think we'll see 442 a lot more next year
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:30 - May 25 with 1566 viewsTHEBUSH

Cisse probably more of a natural goalscorer than Sir Les, although both worth their weight in gold for us.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:58 - May 25 with 1524 viewsBluce_Ree

John Spencer.

He was ridiculously good for that season.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:05 - May 25 with 1513 viewstimcocking

Let's wait a few more games first.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:09 - May 25 with 1503 viewsJuzzie

John Spencer, Andy Thompson and Paul Furlong were pretty good.

I think he has the potential to be the best since Sir Les but yes, lets see what happens over the course of a full season.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:15 - May 25 with 1492 viewsPeterHucker

as much as I love Paul Furlong, I'd have to say yes to the original question.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:21 - May 25 with 1479 viewswittle

have you all forgot sheron,kojoe,ngonge and nardiello legends.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:23 - May 25 with 1472 viewstimcocking

Andy Thomson
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:25 - May 25 with 1468 viewsSharpy

We had until now

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 13:15 - May 25 with 1405 viewsSKABOUR

Adam Czerkas
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 13:59 - May 25 with 1360 viewsBluce_Ree

Sir Stefan Moore.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 14:09 - May 25 with 1338 viewsToast_R

Sir Les was a hero of mine but in later times I have often wondered how Sir Les would have faired in the Premier League as it is today. In the early 90's the level or calibre of opponent was far less then it is today.

Les's game was based on speed and power and there were many a clogger that couldnt cope with that back then. Even the Man Utd team were a long way from making any impact on Europes elite.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 15:27 - May 25 with 1282 viewsTacticalR

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:06 - May 25 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Without going overboard, because frankly we have not had many top class players play for us at anywhere near their peak, he is probably one of the best players that has ever played for QPR. 41 caps for France, how many of ours could match or better that. I thought his goal up at Aston Villa was stunning, so simple but different class.

He has his limitations but the thing he does best is the thing we need most.

You make a very good point. There is something stunning about the simplicity of his goals. That goal against Manchester City was a prime example.

Air hostess clique

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 15:29 - May 25 with 1280 viewsSKABOUR

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 14:09 - May 25 by Toast_R

Sir Les was a hero of mine but in later times I have often wondered how Sir Les would have faired in the Premier League as it is today. In the early 90's the level or calibre of opponent was far less then it is today.

Les's game was based on speed and power and there were many a clogger that couldnt cope with that back then. Even the Man Utd team were a long way from making any impact on Europes elite.

Sir Les would annihilate 99.9% of all todays Premiership defenders.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 16:18 - May 25 with 1250 viewsbaz_qpr

He shoots he scores.

His goal scoring to shots ratio is unbelievable. A different type of striker to Sir Les and probably a better goal scorer as he is more of a poacher as well. The goal against stoke his movement was sublime and made it look like a simple tap in. Quite simply he was the difference between staying up and going down and had he not been sent off twice we might have even made mid table

I am astonished he is here and not with a top 6 club but I guess that's because he is a bit of a mentalist. But get him focused as he was after the sending offs and he will be one of the main reasons we will stay up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024