Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our signings so far 14:02 - Jul 5 with 1624 viewsLewes_r

Very impressed personally..

Green better than Kenny,

Johnson a striker that i can genuinely see having more than a bit part to play next season..

Diakite.. need I say more about him?..

Fabio.. better than what we currently have

Nelson.. solid cover

All in all I think the signings so far have actually almost matched our increasingly unrealistic expectations as Fans..

Disagree?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Our signings so far on 14:10 - Jul 5 with 1604 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think individually you can pick flaws with any of them - Nelson too old, Green's high profile gaffes, why play Fabio whwn we own Traore etc etc - but as you say they are all a step up on what we had previously.

The squad is already much improved and the team is also slightly improved - hopefully with a one or two quality first team players to come.
Our signings so far on 14:15 - Jul 5 with 1578 viewsHarps1609

No, not even a little bit, the best signing IMHO is Samba, he grew from strength to strength in 9 games, I am drooling at the kind of progression he can make over a season, let alone the 4 he has signed for.
Johnson can score goals at this level, think he will be a back-up player, but in the Premier league, need quality back up.
Green, what can you say other than England number 2, not forgiven by a nation for a terrible error, other than fans of team he has played for...I am a big Paddy fan but we have got a better 'keeper.
Nelson, good back up.
Fabio, if he stays injury free, could have the same kind of impact as Kyle Walker.
Pleased as punch overall, eagerly waiting more....just greedy now.
Our signings so far on 14:21 - Jul 5 with 1553 viewsHAYESBOY

Happy with signings so far.

See Danny Simpson might be off to Reading for 2m. Think he would be a good signing.
Still think there will be a couple of surprises for us.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Our signings so far on 14:25 - Jul 5 with 1539 viewsadhoc_qpr

Our signings so far on 14:21 - Jul 5 by HAYESBOY

Happy with signings so far.

See Danny Simpson might be off to Reading for 2m. Think he would be a good signing.
Still think there will be a couple of surprises for us.

I spotted that and thought Simpson was deffo worth a bid for £2m, suprised he was overlooked for the Euro squad too.

The Norwich fans seem to think that Kyle Naughton is signing for us for £5m but i haven't seen any sources (although they are comically bitter)...
Our signings so far on 15:01 - Jul 5 with 1470 viewsessextaxiboy

Bring Chris Samba in as Captain and give Buz another year and I thinks thats enough til Jan at least.
Our signings so far on 15:05 - Jul 5 with 1455 viewskensalriser

Exactly how many high profile gaffes has Green made?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our signings so far on 15:08 - Jul 5 with 1445 viewsWestbourneR

I think you're way off essextaxi and massively underestimating the level MH and TF want to take this squad.

I would expect at least four more players coming in and two of them to relavitely big money signings, marquee signing by Rangers standards - in the £7 mill region.

A winger or two, a CB and centre mid.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Our signings so far on 15:11 - Jul 5 with 1433 viewshoopstilidie

TonyFernandes says he is happy with QPR's transfer business this summer but that "there may be three or four more" signings.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Login to get fewer ads

Our signings so far on 15:14 - Jul 5 with 1425 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Our signings so far on 15:29 - Jul 5 with 1388 viewsadhoc_qpr

Our signings so far on 15:05 - Jul 5 by kensalriser

You only need to make one high profile gaffe on the biggest stage!

I was just playing devil's advocate anyway. I see Nelson, Green and Diakite all starting next season and AJ as first choice backup for Cisse and Zamora.
Our signings so far on 16:20 - Jul 5 with 1315 viewsessextaxiboy

Our signings so far on 15:08 - Jul 5 by WestbourneR

I think you're way off essextaxi and massively underestimating the level MH and TF want to take this squad.

I would expect at least four more players coming in and two of them to relavitely big money signings, marquee signing by Rangers standards - in the £7 mill region.

A winger or two, a CB and centre mid.

I certainly dont underestimate the ambition .I think you can have too many new faces at one time .
Our signings so far on 16:20 - Jul 5 with 1314 viewsDylanP

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I wouldn't say I was "very impressed." That seems a little too exuberant for what, must be, a work in progress.

Signing Diakite is a relief, although I tend to think the conspiracy theorists had us all rattled and there was never really any doubt there. As for Green, Nelsen, and Johnson, they are all good professionals and good business. Green's woopsiedaisy moment in the world cup has damaged his reputation and that is why we can get him. Otherwise, his salary/pricetag would be out of our league. He sounds like a step up from Paddy, so its a good piece of business. Nelsen and Johnson are great additions to the squad but there is no guarentee either will make the first team. Fabio would be a very impressive signing if it wasnt a loan. I hate the fact that we are still just a proving ground for other teams unproven talent -- so that signing is bittersweet.

So I am happy with the signings but not ecstatic. They show thoughtful, mature decisionmaking. Even if the close season ends without an additional signing we will be fine going into next season -- especially if Faurlin is fit for the start of the season. Having the whole summer to train together will do wonders for the team and if we can build on the good form at the end of last season, we will be a solid mid-table next year -- which is what our goal for the season should be. Anything above 12 place in the Prem would be a real bonus.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Our signings so far on 17:33 - Jul 5 with 1226 viewsBedford_R

Our signings so far on 15:05 - Jul 5 by kensalriser

A low profile gaffe he has made was when Norwich were playing us a few seasons back and our very own Georgouse George scored. Green should have saved it...

RMH_R Reborn

Our signings so far on 18:01 - Jul 5 with 1171 viewsingeminate

Overall impressed with transfer dealing to date, it's not too long ago that us nabbing West Ham's first choice keeper would have been out the question, real sign we've moved on.

Overall I don't think we've made that Marquee signing that sends shockwaves this window.

Having said that I don't think Cise got nearly the attention it warranted and despite the sending offs was an astonshingly good bit of business. Can't think of a better striker outside of Man U/City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in the prem - apaprt from maybe the other Cise at Newcastle.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Our signings so far on 23:06 - Jul 5 with 1006 viewsKiwi76

Our signings so far on 18:01 - Jul 5 by ingeminate

Overall impressed with transfer dealing to date, it's not too long ago that us nabbing West Ham's first choice keeper would have been out the question, real sign we've moved on.

Overall I don't think we've made that Marquee signing that sends shockwaves this window.

Having said that I don't think Cise got nearly the attention it warranted and despite the sending offs was an astonshingly good bit of business. Can't think of a better striker outside of Man U/City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in the prem - apaprt from maybe the other Cise at Newcastle.

Agree with you on Cisse - its the fact that he has moments of madness that means he is with us and not a Top 4-6 side. Was a memorable spell from Jan-May and really looking forward to full season with him on the pitch for at least 2/3 of it...
Best since SirLes.
Our signings so far on 23:34 - Jul 5 with 973 viewsNorthernr

They're consolidation signings, which is exactly what we need. Looking back to last season the running themes were naivety and a lack of steel, particularly away from home.
Bolton away was a game we should have won, but we should certainly never have lost. Blackburn we needed to recognise things were going dreadfully and just try and limit the damage through to half time. Aston Villa we could easily have lost after leading 2-0 against a bloody awful team. Chelsea - urgh.
We've improved ability wise, but we've also improved our street smarts. No guarantees, but I certainly don't think we'll be the pushovers we were at times last year. I think we'll be quite unpleasant to play against actually, which is a good thing.
Our signings so far on 11:06 - Jul 6 with 855 viewsrobith

In some swift transfer work, without spending a great deal on fees (transfer, I'm sure the signing on fees are large enough to make up for it) we've significantly improved the quality of our squad
Our signings so far on 11:57 - Jul 6 with 811 viewsPhilmyRs

Good business....so far.

Last season we were short on the following:

Experience — players that offer leadership and organisation. Nelsen by all accounts was a born leader, just what we need.

A proven keeper — I like Kenny, he’s been an excellent keeper for us, but last season he just looked out his depth. Gave away some poor goals in the run-in, Chelsea away, Man City away etc. For all his excellent shot stopping he was culpable for quite a few goals. And maybe I’m harsh but I felt he could have done better with a few efforts that were credited to an amazing strike.

Cover at full back — Fabio can cover either full back position. With Armand regularly injured, and question marks over whose our best right back. A sensible signing. Would have liked Taiwoo but am happy with Fabio.

After Cisse we lacked a decent, proven goal-scorer, one that likes to run in behind. Johnson’s scored goals in the top flight, but also offers us a threat behind for when Cisse’s suspended.

We lacked a midfield presence, someone that could take the game by the scruff of the neck. Diakite for me could be the best of all of them. Good age, and we know what we’re getting from him — yellow cards, increased foul count, but amazing dribbling ability, and excellent commitment. Could be our star man.

Where we’re still short...

Centre midfield — We were lucky to survive last season, having to play with Derry Buzz together was a real shock for Hughes. I seriously think he underestimated how short we were in central midfield when he was finalising his transfers. With Barton out, Faulin still to recover, we need somebody signed. A proven, experienced player to compliment Faulin and Diakite would be my preferred choice. Murphy would have been good.

A midfielder that can cover a range of positions — Park? And possibly another defender and we’ll be in a fantastic position to do well this season. I can actually see a cup run, first time in years.

Our signings so far on 12:13 - Jul 6 with 791 viewsQPunkR

Our signings so far on 16:20 - Jul 5 by essextaxiboy

I certainly dont underestimate the ambition .I think you can have too many new faces at one time .

I agree.

Am I the only one feeling slightly uneasy that this is shaping up to be the Nth transfer window in a row where we overhaul our entire team? I'm all for strengthening and don't wanna get relegated, obviously, but we had a damn fine team at the end of the season (compared to the beginning), and I just feel that we don't need a whole nother 8 or so players..

QPR - "shit but local"

Our signings so far on 12:46 - Jul 6 with 763 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps the problem is that it's not obvious what our strategy is.

We tried to buy experienced Premiership players when we got promoted, and most were flops.

We were forced to rely on our existing players, plus the Hughes buys and loans from abroad, which were pretty much all successes. That, plus the fact that Swansea and Norwich were doing well with up and coming players from the lower leagues, seemed to point the way forward.

Now (for the moment at least) we seem to have gone back towards buying experienced Premiership players, and perhaps that (reasonably enough) has left a lot of fans uneasy.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024