Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51395 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:08 - Jul 10 with 1350 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the updates, everyone.

Looks very bad for Terry now that the move for dismissal has failed. We'll have to wait and see whether this can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, but Terry's defence is pretty awful, as is any defence of him by others. The man's credibility is shot right through.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:11 - Jul 10 with 1326 viewsHayesender

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:08 - Jul 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the updates, everyone.

Looks very bad for Terry now that the move for dismissal has failed. We'll have to wait and see whether this can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, but Terry's defence is pretty awful, as is any defence of him by others. The man's credibility is shot right through.

Credibility

Poll: Shamima Beghum

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:13 - Jul 10 with 1315 viewsAntti_Heinola

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:08 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

dave the video shows certain things being said, it's the pieces that are obscured and what Ferdinand Terry alleges said to him that puts the context into question.

Of all the trolls in all the world you are the most tiresome.
Have a read of this thread. No one thinks EBJT is a racist. But he did use racist language, even he admits that. As usual with him, everyone else is the liar. He is the pillar of truth. What possible reason has Anton got to lie and to go this far with it? If he had apologised, shown an ounce of contrition or humility, all this would have been over with months ago.

Bare bones.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:14 - Jul 10 with 1314 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:05 - Jul 10 by Jamie

Terry's defence has largely consisted of pointing out (just like Suarez) what a great character he is and how he is clearly not a racist because he is friends with people of different races.

The prosecution IMO have done very well by making it known that they are not for one second accusing him of being racist, rather in the heat of the moment saying a racist slur - the two not being mutually exclusive.

Will be very interesting to see how the defence act tomorrow.

The character point is key in backing up his claims that racist behaviour or language is not part of Terrys character.

Bottom line there is no damning evidence yet, the video is inconclusive, the lip readers gave an opinion but agreed that it was not an exact science and that due to the obscured sections the context could not be ascertained...it's all very flimsy so far.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:15 - Jul 10 with 1305 viewsdaveB

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:08 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

dave the video shows certain things being said, it's the pieces that are obscured and what Ferdinand Terry alleges said to him that puts the context into question.

the obstructions are not long enough for him to say what he reckons, he's admitted he used the phrase which if he had half a brain he'd apologise for using just to get the judge on his side.

Lets be honest if Terrys story is true and ferdinand thought he had been racially abused during the game and asked him the question then why wouldn't he have gone to the ref and why would he have shook terrys hand after the game especially when you consider how he refused to shake his hand in the other two games.

Terrys story is as laughable as the one he used about kicking Sanchez before he saw the video "He backed into me and hit my thigh, i would never do that on purpose"
You could hear Souness laughing on sky that night as they reported that
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:16 - Jul 10 with 1295 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:14 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

The character point is key in backing up his claims that racist behaviour or language is not part of Terrys character.

Bottom line there is no damning evidence yet, the video is inconclusive, the lip readers gave an opinion but agreed that it was not an exact science and that due to the obscured sections the context could not be ascertained...it's all very flimsy so far.

The lipreader confirmed that she was absolutely certain that Terry said 'you fcking black cnt' which has categorically ended his defence of 'i was asking him a question'.

Why do you think the defence are so desperate to discredit lipreading, if the video doesnt provide damning evidence against them?

If the magistrate felt there was no clear evidence provided, he wouldve thrown it out today, as you well know.

Denial contrary to popular belief is not a river in Egypt.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:17 - Jul 10 with 1289 viewsHollowayRanger

yea thats why terrys wearing brown underpants!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:19 - Jul 10 with 1284 viewsBrianMcCarthy

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:11 - Jul 10 by Hayesender

Credibility

Ya, sorry!

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:21 - Jul 10 with 1272 viewsKonk

I work with black blokes/donate signed shinpads to Drogba's charity so I can't be capable of racially abusing someone is a bit of a shi t argument - what's he going to do? Refuse to play alongside black players? Make the black players sit at the back of the team bus and eat their sandwiches in the car park whilst him and Lamps sit in the whites-only canteen? And as has been said, he's not on trial for being a cross-burning member of the KKK, he's on trial for shouting racial abuse at Anton Ferdinand. And his defence is utterly unconvincing. Horrible tw at (him, not you).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:22 - Jul 10 with 1271 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:15 - Jul 10 by daveB

the obstructions are not long enough for him to say what he reckons, he's admitted he used the phrase which if he had half a brain he'd apologise for using just to get the judge on his side.

Lets be honest if Terrys story is true and ferdinand thought he had been racially abused during the game and asked him the question then why wouldn't he have gone to the ref and why would he have shook terrys hand after the game especially when you consider how he refused to shake his hand in the other two games.

Terrys story is as laughable as the one he used about kicking Sanchez before he saw the video "He backed into me and hit my thigh, i would never do that on purpose"
You could hear Souness laughing on sky that night as they reported that

The defence have claimed that Ferdinand was trying to wind up Terry and that Ferdinand accusing Terry of calling him a BC was a continuation of the wind up, Terry responded by repeating the phrase.

I have no idea what the truth is but then again neither have the countless on here that are certain that Terry is guilty.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:27 - Jul 10 with 1233 viewsPhildo

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:22 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

The defence have claimed that Ferdinand was trying to wind up Terry and that Ferdinand accusing Terry of calling him a BC was a continuation of the wind up, Terry responded by repeating the phrase.

I have no idea what the truth is but then again neither have the countless on here that are certain that Terry is guilty.

If he is found guilty things having been weighed up will you accept he is a bit of a c### for what he has instructed his barrister to do to Anton Ferdinand over the last day or so?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:31 - Jul 10 with 1200 viewsNorthernr

I'm not sure he's guilty. I'm sure your assertion that a magistrate would let a no-case-to-answer trial run on deliberately because of who the defendant is is laughable.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:32 - Jul 10 with 1196 viewsreal_loftus

Judge spotted preparing to deliver his verdict earlier-

ATAF.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:35 - Jul 10 with 1181 viewsWestActon

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:27 - Jul 10 by Phildo

If he is found guilty things having been weighed up will you accept he is a bit of a c### for what he has instructed his barrister to do to Anton Ferdinand over the last day or so?

He wont mate he will say it was the wrong decision and Terry was never going to get a fair hearing
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:35 - Jul 10 with 1178 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:31 - Jul 10 by Northernr

I'm not sure he's guilty. I'm sure your assertion that a magistrate would let a no-case-to-answer trial run on deliberately because of who the defendant is is laughable.

Don't agree, this case is a media circus and if he were to drop it after two days prior to hearing every last scrap of evidence he would be crucified. My point being that to date there is no way they have enough to find him guilty, whether that will change remains to be seen.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:41 - Jul 10 with 1160 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:27 - Jul 10 by Phildo

Somehow I don't think his QC's line of questioning has anything to do with Terry other than the QC's way of trying to prove his case.

Has it crossed your imagination that Terry is telling the truth and that Ferdinand was trying to wind him up ? if Terry is found not guilty will you accept that Ferdinand was a c*** for doing that ?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:42 - Jul 10 with 1421 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:35 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

Don't agree, this case is a media circus and if he were to drop it after two days prior to hearing every last scrap of evidence he would be crucified. My point being that to date there is no way they have enough to find him guilty, whether that will change remains to be seen.

I agree on your second point, there's no way he'll be found guilty.

Your first point once again shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the legal system in this country. Crucified by who exactly? If the case was thrown out the CPS that brought the charges would take the grief from the press, not the magistrate, and even if the mag was given stick by the press it's his job not to care, or be leant on by the CPS, or anything else. You're undermining your point by trotting out such ill-informed garbage.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:43 - Jul 10 with 1416 viewsSomersetHoops

I presume evidence to come will include the member of the public who reported it and what they heard and whether anyone else nearby heard it. Are any of these people going to appear as witnesses? They certainly should as without their complaint there would be no trial and this would have been dealt with by the football authorities as Suarez was.

Who's Next?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:44 - Jul 10 with 1412 viewsQPR1882

He is guilty and that is a fact.......He is accused of making a racist remark not of being a racist, something he has already admitted to.

By the way Speedie why do you keep side stepping anyone that replys to you with what the lip reader said ie. HE DID SAY ' YOU FCKING CNT ' without ' A ' or 'YOU ' before hand. which indicates he was not replying to what Aton said.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:47 - Jul 10 with 1402 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:43 - Jul 10 by SomersetHoops

I presume evidence to come will include the member of the public who reported it and what they heard and whether anyone else nearby heard it. Are any of these people going to appear as witnesses? They certainly should as without their complaint there would be no trial and this would have been dealt with by the football authorities as Suarez was.

The person who reported it was an off duty police officer watching on tv.

There was a suggestion yesterday that a body language expert was going to be brought in to view the footage and give their opinion as to whether Terry is aiming the words at Ferdinand in an aggressive fashion or in a 'sarcastic or shocked' fashion as he claims.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:47 - Jul 10 with 1397 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:43 - Jul 10 by SomersetHoops

There's been some discussion on that already. The defence alleged it was one of Ferdinand's reps who contacted the police, it's since turned out it was an off duty copper watching the game on TV at home.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:50 - Jul 10 with 1386 viewsHunterhoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:35 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

Of course they do. The law is and always will be subjective.

There's tv footage (from more angles than the public have seen), lip readers verifying what they are "certain" was said and a key witness (AF) saying he did not accuse Terry of calling him at BC at the time and that had he thought he'd been called that or heard Terry's alleged comment he would certainly not have shaken his hand. This is also why he didn't report it straight away...he only knew about it when he saw it on YouTube.

Terry's defence is well the video might not show context, lip reading isn't accurate, JT has black colleagues, AF is lying.

All of that is desperate and explains away nothing.

The video clearly shows the phrase "I didn't call you a" did not preceed "BC" and it would be implausible for to have preceded the other insults before and be a genuine sentiment.

Discrediting lip reading when cross examining the lip reader in question is frankly stupid given she faultlessly deciphered what the lawyer said and explained she has only translated what she is "certain" was said, omitting what she is unsure about.

The I have black mates defence is irrelevant because the case isn't about being racist it's about making a racist slur. They are separate issues. Just because one doesn't act out their life with a belief in the inherent superiority of one race or creed over another, doesn't preclude them from using race or creed as an intended term of abuse.

Finally, what evidence have the defence produced to show AF to be a liar? None. That accusation is unfounded and you can't denounce witness evidence in a court of law simply by saying "the witness is a liar...I can't give you evidence of this or prove it, but they are".

As things stand - who knows what's to come - Terry will be found guilty of the offence in question.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:56 - Jul 10 with 1359 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:42 - Jul 10 by Northernr

I agree on your second point, there's no way he'll be found guilty.

Your first point once again shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the legal system in this country. Crucified by who exactly? If the case was thrown out the CPS that brought the charges would take the grief from the press, not the magistrate, and even if the mag was given stick by the press it's his job not to care, or be leant on by the CPS, or anything else. You're undermining your point by trotting out such ill-informed garbage.

I agree that in 99% of cases you would be correct, however this is the 1% and it has come at a time when this country is PC crazy.

This case is being watched not only by everyone in this country but also around the world, the media would jump all over it, civil rights activists would jump all over it.

Having unfortunately reached this point, a case as sensitive and high profile as this not only has to be heard but has to be seen to be heard to ensure that the masses accept that a fair trial took place.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:00 - Jul 10 with 1346 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:56 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

I agree that in 99% of cases you would be correct, however this is the 1% and it has come at a time when this country is PC crazy.

This case is being watched not only by everyone in this country but also around the world, the media would jump all over it, civil rights activists would jump all over it.

Having unfortunately reached this point, a case as sensitive and high profile as this not only has to be heard but has to be seen to be heard to ensure that the masses accept that a fair trial took place.

Dont be so daft. If there was absolutely nothing in the magistrates eyes of worth presented so far he would've thrown it out with a lengthy narrative explaining why he had done so.

As said by Norf, he will probably be found 'not guilty' but you are in complete denial if you believe the case has continued to 'appease the masses'.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:03 - Jul 10 with 1334 viewsBrianMcCarthy

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:56 - Jul 10 by Speediesdouble

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024