Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Granero 00:51 - Sep 2 with 5935 viewsBklynRanger

He sees space that we mere mortals can only imagine to exist in other dimensions. Seriously though, he and Ale could be an insane combination a few weeks from now. First game, and for 2or3 short spurts I thought he was the best player on the pitch.
That Granero on 01:13 - Sep 2 with 3405 viewswaveydave

We are really in a great position right now, last season we had Derry and Faurlin in the middle with no real cover (well dyer got injured immediatly and I thought he was signed to play right wing) and now we have so much quality and depth I am wondering where Diakite will feature when he is back to his former self!
That Granero on 01:19 - Sep 2 with 3384 viewsBklynRanger

One of the things I liked about him today was that City couldn't quite tell if he was about to pass or move into a gap, and he was very quick to exploit that. Class.
That Granero on 10:15 - Sep 2 with 3169 viewsHulahoop7

He's a different class, never thought i'd see his like at rangers, given afew games i think our midfield will be on of the strongest in the division.
That Granero on 10:26 - Sep 2 with 3132 viewsTHEBUSH

That Granero on 01:19 - Sep 2 by BklynRanger

One of the things I liked about him today was that City couldn't quite tell if he was about to pass or move into a gap, and he was very quick to exploit that. Class.

Although I don't think he knew what hit him yesterday, as he was our main man in the midfield.
At Madrid he played a secondary role, with the other great players they have taking most of the responsibility.
He'll certainly be earning his money with us !!
That Granero on 10:57 - Sep 2 with 3069 viewsbosh67

Park Granero Faurlin and Taarabt could be an awesome midfield if Diakite is out for some time. Both Park and Faurlin can tackle and Granero and Taarabt would certainly release a front two.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That Granero on 11:18 - Sep 2 with 3011 viewsjamois

With a fully fit and charging Diakite, would Park make the first 11?

Cesar

Bosingwa - M'Bia - Nelson/Onuoha/Ferd - Fabio/Traore

Diakite Faurlin

Taarabt Granero Hoilett

Zamora/Cisse

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

That Granero on 12:04 - Sep 2 with 2924 viewsDieByYourSide

a cut above and he'll only get better as he gets used to his new teammates etc - so good to have someone who can deliver a dead ball too. He also made a point of coming over and throwing his shirt in the crowd etc and saying the right things on Twitter. I know it's early days but my hopes are well and truly raised for the guy

Poll: And it's hi ho

That Granero on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 2902 viewsSpiritofGregory

Cesar

Boswinga Nelsen(c) M'bia Fabio

Park Granero Faurlin Hoilett

Cisse Zamora

Login to get fewer ads

That Granero on 12:26 - Sep 2 with 2857 viewsade_qpr

Can play a bit, him and Ali start a good basis for the midfield.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

That Granero on 12:31 - Sep 2 with 2838 viewsNathanNI

That Granero on 12:12 - Sep 2 by SpiritofGregory

Cesar

Cisse Zamora

I like the look of this lad a lot. Really promising midfield when everyone is on form. So much technical ability. Gonna be some lovely stuff played at times.
That Granero on 12:33 - Sep 2 with 2831 viewsBklynRanger

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

I thought that was Park but might be wrong - still haven't seen any highlights.

If Faurlin and Samba could develop a strong partnership then Granero could be the creator in front of them with Park and either Hoilett/Taarbs either side, Zamorra up front. The 442 would be more like the one above I guess.
That Granero on 12:58 - Sep 2 with 2785 viewsAntti_Heinola

That Granero on 12:12 - Sep 2 by SpiritofGregory

Cesar

Cisse Zamora

If Nelsen is playing and is a great leader, can you explain how putting a piece of material on his arm would make any difference at all?

Bare bones.

That Granero on 13:06 - Sep 2 with 2757 viewsJigsore

I thought the idea was we have Granero (very impressive btw) there to pull the strings and give our game some fluidity while Diakité partners him and gives us some real bite in midfield. He is the one who breaks downs attacks and allows Granero to initiate a counterattack (not to mention Diakité is pretty handy at dribbling)

However with him out it looks like Faurlin will partner him in midfield which is all good but i'm worried that makes our CM too soft. Neither are prolific tacklers and against a team like Stoke we might struggle.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

That Granero on 13:41 - Sep 2 with 2696 viewsBklynRanger

Faurlin's a tackling machine
That Granero on 13:55 - Sep 2 with 2667 viewsWatfordR

That Granero on 13:06 - Sep 2 by Jigsore

I thought the idea was we have Granero (very impressive btw) there to pull the strings and give our game some fluidity while Diakité partners him and gives us some real bite in midfield. He is the one who breaks downs attacks and allows Granero to initiate a counterattack (not to mention Diakité is pretty handy at dribbling)

However with him out it looks like Faurlin will partner him in midfield which is all good but i'm worried that makes our CM too soft. Neither are prolific tacklers and against a team like Stoke we might struggle.

Thinking at the moment that we may have a 3 man CM with Mbia the defensive CM, and Faurlin and Granero either side of him. Also beginning to think that the option in front of that will be Zamora and Johnson/Cisse with Hoilett or Taarabt behind at home, and maybe Park away.
That Granero on 15:50 - Sep 2 with 2529 viewsYorkRanger

I thought it was Fabio who made that dribble out of defence
That Granero on 16:25 - Sep 2 with 2475 viewsNeil_SI

The face of the side changes when you pair Esteban Granero and Alejandro Faurlin in the team. It's suddenly a technical midfield, but Granero's use of the ball from a tactical perspective is similar to Faurlin's but in different areas.

Faurlin is excellent at keeping it simple and recycling possession around the base of the midfield and defence. He's happy to come and get it from them and intelligent enough to go side to side when he has to, or go forward.

Granero does this as well, but further up the pitch. He does this similarly but in attacking areas and isn't wasteful. He picks the right pass most of the time, and a pass that always either puts the man he's passing to, or the entire team, in a better position. Most of his passes yesterday allow the entire midfield and defence to move up and provide proper and better balanced support for one another.

That type of intelligence can do wonders for the whole team's style of play, so I'm hopeful he can keep this up and hopeful he's good enough to impose his style on other teams as we also can't afford a domino effect if he gets man marked.

He got caught once or twice on the ball, in what was actually a very slow tempo match, so I expect he might get surprised by the pace of the league in faster games too. He'll have to adapt to that, but there was nothing to suggest he can't make that adjustment.

A really impressive and eye catching debut — simple, but beautifully effective.
That Granero on 16:34 - Sep 2 with 2448 viewskensalriser

What's with this 'recycling possession' phrase? Never heard it before this season and now it's in almost every post. Is it a long winded way of saying 'distributing' or even, dare I say it, 'passing'?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

That Granero on 16:36 - Sep 2 with 2446 viewsWatfordR

That Granero on 16:25 - Sep 2 by Neil_SI

The face of the side changes when you pair Esteban Granero and Alejandro Faurlin in the team. It's suddenly a technical midfield, but Granero's use of the ball from a tactical perspective is similar to Faurlin's but in different areas.

Faurlin is excellent at keeping it simple and recycling possession around the base of the midfield and defence. He's happy to come and get it from them and intelligent enough to go side to side when he has to, or go forward.

Granero does this as well, but further up the pitch. He does this similarly but in attacking areas and isn't wasteful. He picks the right pass most of the time, and a pass that always either puts the man he's passing to, or the entire team, in a better position. Most of his passes yesterday allow the entire midfield and defence to move up and provide proper and better balanced support for one another.

That type of intelligence can do wonders for the whole team's style of play, so I'm hopeful he can keep this up and hopeful he's good enough to impose his style on other teams as we also can't afford a domino effect if he gets man marked.

He got caught once or twice on the ball, in what was actually a very slow tempo match, so I expect he might get surprised by the pace of the league in faster games too. He'll have to adapt to that, but there was nothing to suggest he can't make that adjustment.

A really impressive and eye catching debut — simple, but beautifully effective.

Neil, do you think we are likely to go with a three man central midfield once everything settles down and once Faurlin is fully match fit? I've always thought our squad is best set up for a 433 formation (or a variation on it). I wouldn't be surprised to see Mbia play the holding role initially.
That Granero on 16:41 - Sep 2 with 2434 viewsNeil_SI

That Granero on 16:34 - Sep 2 by kensalriser

What's with this 'recycling possession' phrase? Never heard it before this season and now it's in almost every post. Is it a long winded way of saying 'distributing' or even, dare I say it, 'passing'?

What I mean by that is how a team starts it's play again. This can happen either when you win the ball back from the opposition, or maybe a move breaks down and you want to start over.

So, for example, Faurlin may win the ball and rather than fire it straight forward, he'll go side to side, settling the play down and forcing the opposition to take their shape before we decide to 'go'.

Manchester City were doing this a lot to us yesterday. They'd attack down the flank after building up the play and if they didn't find the right angles or holes, or it was too congested, they'd wait and suck all of our players over and then pop the ball back to the midfielder or defence, who recycled the possession and took it out the other way — launching an identical attack but down the other flank and forcing us to shift the entire team across back to the other side...in a nutshell, playing possession football there and stretching us at the right moment to see the gaps...if those gaps don't appear, apply patience and recycle the ball rather than what we tend to do, which is play a percentage ball into an area once all forward options appear to be exhausted.
That Granero on 16:48 - Sep 2 with 2405 viewsNeil_SI

That Granero on 16:36 - Sep 2 by WatfordR

Neil, do you think we are likely to go with a three man central midfield once everything settles down and once Faurlin is fully match fit? I've always thought our squad is best set up for a 433 formation (or a variation on it). I wouldn't be surprised to see Mbia play the holding role initially.

I was thinking about that yesterday and I'm not sure what the answer is, but I liked what I saw of a two man midfield of Faurlin and Granero, and I liked what I saw when Park joined them to make it three in the middle.

I can't decide where Park is best positioned. He looked poor defensively at times yesterday on the left (not clever with Fabio being so attacking too) but in attack, his experience when we played some of the little triangular exchanges was excellent.

I think Park and Granero combining at the top end of the pitch is reasonably exciting because they are both technical and tactical players. They understood when to try for the killer pass, or keep it alive in front of the centre-backs, or when to spread it out wide.

A 4-3-3 is certainly possible, not least because when you don't have the ball, it's easy to blend it into a 4-5-1 to pack the midfield and become defensive. Maybe that is the way forward with these players...but I think we need to see how they do over the next three to four matches to find that balance.

I certainly thought it was correct to play 4-4-2 against Manchester City. It was brave but also a plus because of the way City set up. But we didn't do enough on the wides and made it a bit easy for them to attack us down the flanks at times.
That Granero on 16:51 - Sep 2 with 2397 viewsJamie

"I can't decide where Park is best positioned"

The bench. Or maybe an ambassadorial role flying around Asia selling shirts but not playing.
That Granero on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2381 viewsN12Hoop

That Granero on 16:51 - Sep 2 by Jamie

"I can't decide where Park is best positioned"

The bench. Or maybe an ambassadorial role flying around Asia selling shirts but not playing.

Perhaps but a big part of the 'project' is his visible presence so if he doesn't do it on the pitch it will create an interesting situation for Hughes and Fernandes.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

That Granero on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 1228 viewsOldPedro

I think Hughes will chop and change players and formation in midfield and up front depending upon form of players and home/away games. Don't think he will necessarily pick an 11 and stick to it but at least now we look like we have good options in the squad. The only part of the team that will probably stay consistant will be the back 4 once Hughes works out his preferred 4.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

That Granero on 21:44 - Sep 2 with 1158 viewskysersosaqpr

Got to agree our strongest area is midfield and playing five there makes sense.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024