Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Fail 09:29 - Oct 31 with 1821 viewsPinnerPaul

strikes again - says Granero could go out on loan in Jan as he "has struggled to settle"

I would say he has been one of our 3 best players - Caesar & Nelson being my other 2.
Daily Fail on 09:38 - Oct 31 with 1771 viewsBluce_Ree

I hope everyone at the Mail dies immediately.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Daily Fail on 09:57 - Oct 31 with 1695 viewswhittocksRs

Is it online?
Daily Fail on 10:04 - Oct 31 with 1665 viewsBazWoT

It says Real Betis want to sign him, after joing for £6m(ever changing price) he has failed to make an impression!!! (GUFFAW) The loan bit is coz Betis are skint so cannot sign anyone.

It's "The Screamer" bit "The talk of football" funny as f*ck or what!!!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Daily Fail on 11:32 - Oct 31 with 1525 viewsderbyhoop

Even for the Daily Fail, that story is bollox.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Daily Fail on 12:00 - Oct 31 with 1462 viewsRanger78

Mind Blowing. Its frightening how they can get away with making things up
Daily Fail on 12:04 - Oct 31 with 1441 viewsJuzzie

It's about time reporters have to be able to back up their stories rather than hiding behind things like 'understands'.

'Understands' is simply not enough. Have the facts to back up the article or it can't be published.

Surely there's a regulatory body that can start implementing this sort of thing?

Daily Fail on 12:26 - Oct 31 with 1378 viewsJamie

The Fail had a story the other day that Hughes was gone if we didn't beat Reading.

Fernandes quickly tweeted this was a load of old toss and he was safe long term.

The Fail then 'updated' the story to 'Fernandes gives Hughes dreaded vote of confidence - could be gone this weekend'.

They also continue to employ a man who stated his story about Diakite being a manic depressive was clearly true as he hadn't been sued....

Says it all really.
Daily Fail on 12:26 - Oct 31 with 1375 viewstheselector

Daily Fail on 12:04 - Oct 31 by Juzzie

It's about time reporters have to be able to back up their stories rather than hiding behind things like 'understands'.

'Understands' is simply not enough. Have the facts to back up the article or it can't be published.

Surely there's a regulatory body that can start implementing this sort of thing?

There isn't and I doubt there ever will be. Although a fair proportion of transfer gossip is absolute blloks, some stories are deliberately circulated because they serve a purpose. Whether it's for a club, player or agent.
Login to get fewer ads

Daily Fail on 12:34 - Oct 31 with 1334 viewsDesertBoot

This "understands" seems to have started at Sky Sports News. It's a cop-out.
For someone who has "failed to settle", Granero has been brilliant on the pitch and equally as good off it with interviews. Laughable.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Daily Fail on 13:32 - Oct 31 with 1272 viewsYorkRanger

The source of the story makes the OP not worth reading...(no offence PinnerPaul)
Daily Fail on 13:44 - Oct 31 with 1230 viewsPinnerPaul

Daily Fail on 13:32 - Oct 31 by YorkRanger

The source of the story makes the OP not worth reading...(no offence PinnerPaul)

None taken!
Daily Fail on 14:13 - Oct 31 with 1165 viewsShackletonR

Daily Fail on 12:04 - Oct 31 by Juzzie

Understands is the favoured word instead of an "insider" these days.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Daily Fail on 14:16 - Oct 31 with 1159 viewswhittocksRs

Almost certainly handed to the Mail by a Betis source seeking to drum up some positive publicity for a failing club.
Daily Fail on 15:32 - Oct 31 with 1060 viewskensalriser

Doesn't everyone get the Mail's business model?

Publish as much bollox/controversy/shock copy as possible, sit back and wait for people to spread it virally, compute new number of hits, increase ad rates. Boring or true stuff just doesn't do it for them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Daily Fail on 15:50 - Oct 31 with 1026 viewsscouseR

Sign of the times I'm afraid.. lAZY JOURNALISUM .. Can't be bothered to find out facts anymore all fiction .. Most just troll forums for stories .. Maybe due to late show from arsenal last night all there stories became redundant and had to fill space quickly
Daily Fail on 16:13 - Oct 31 with 974 viewsbarbicanranger

the concern with Granero is not whether he's settled, it's how well he has settled - after the everton game my immediate thought was we'd struggle to hold on to him a'la faurlin last season if he keeps playing like that
Daily Fail on 16:19 - Oct 31 with 959 viewsNorthernr

Daily Fail on 15:32 - Oct 31 by kensalriser

Doesn't everyone get the Mail's business model?

Publish as much bollox/controversy/shock copy as possible, sit back and wait for people to spread it virally, compute new number of hits, increase ad rates. Boring or true stuff just doesn't do it for them.

Stated editorial policy of the Mail to its hacks: "every story should make people afraid or angry."

This one ticks both boxes.

If everybody ignored the fcking rag it would go away.
Daily Fail on 16:21 - Oct 31 with 950 viewsadhoc_qpr

I love these types of stories - we buy a player for £9m and then send him on loan to his home country because he can't settle after a few months? That's going to help isn't it?

Or alternatively rather than writing off £9m players, you invest a bit of money in hiring people for the club whose job is to help them settle perhaps...

Madness i know!
Daily Fail on 18:18 - Oct 31 with 826 viewsBazWoT

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Esteban Granero has said that he is "very happy" with life at the Premier League club.

The 25-year-old joined QPR from Spanish giants Real Madrid on a four-year contract in August and has scored one goal in seven Premier League appearances so far.

This is the first time that Granero is playing outside his home country of Spain and he insists that he is enjoying every moment of it.
"I have been here for two months and I am very happy at a personal and professional level," he told Marca. "I am also very happy with the team.

"This is another world and the change has injected me with more energy and enthusiasm.

"I want to experience new sensations. This is an experience that will help me grow in every way. I want to enjoy this city and also face the challenge that it poses."

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Daily Fail on 18:23 - Oct 31 with 816 viewsNorthernr

Daily Fail on 18:18 - Oct 31 by BazWoT

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Esteban Granero has said that he is "very happy" with life at the Premier League club.

The 25-year-old joined QPR from Spanish giants Real Madrid on a four-year contract in August and has scored one goal in seven Premier League appearances so far.

This is the first time that Granero is playing outside his home country of Spain and he insists that he is enjoying every moment of it.
"I have been here for two months and I am very happy at a personal and professional level," he told Marca. "I am also very happy with the team.

"This is another world and the change has injected me with more energy and enthusiasm.

"I want to experience new sensations. This is an experience that will help me grow in every way. I want to enjoy this city and also face the challenge that it poses."

"I want to experience new sensations."

Steady on.
Daily Fail on 18:32 - Oct 31 with 789 viewsWatford_Ranger

Daily Fail on 16:21 - Oct 31 by adhoc_qpr

I love these types of stories - we buy a player for £9m and then send him on loan to his home country because he can't settle after a few months? That's going to help isn't it?

Or alternatively rather than writing off £9m players, you invest a bit of money in hiring people for the club whose job is to help them settle perhaps...

Madness i know!

Have you read 'Soccernomics'? It explores the idea of clubs employing relocation aides for new players, amongst other things, quite brilliantly.
Daily Fail on 18:32 - Oct 31 with 788 viewsbosh67

There is the word IF in all these stories, as in IF someone else goes somewhere else etc etc.

On a much more positive note Messi is coming on a free in January as his wife likes Westfield Shopping Centre and he says he's done all he can in Barcelona and wants 'the new sensation' of losing week in week out in the Prem.

Come on Daily Fail, pick this up and run with it as gospel.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Daily Fail on 19:52 - Oct 31 with 699 viewsJamie

Daily Fail on 16:21 - Oct 31 by adhoc_qpr

Madness i know!

But what happens when you only actually paid £3.8m?
Daily Fail on 20:02 - Oct 31 with 684 viewsngbqpr

Daily Fail on 18:23 - Oct 31 by Northernr

"I want to experience new sensations."

Steady on.

like a win...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024