Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham 11:42 - Nov 12 with 2443 viewshoof_hearted

I went to up the Arsenal on Saturday. Fulham look good - Berbatov and Ruiz are going to cause mayhem for plenty of defences. Their fans were plentiful and noisy (it being London).

But most importantly, I have never heard another team, at a top game not involving us, sing an anti-QPR song. I was swelling with pride.

"Al Fayed, oh oh oh oh
Al Fayed, oh oh oh oh
He wants to be a brit
And QPR are sh!t"

Fulham on 11:44 - Nov 12 with 1699 viewssmegma

They've sung that for about 14 years.
Fulham on 11:59 - Nov 12 with 1659 viewshoof_hearted

Fulham on 11:44 - Nov 12 by smegma

They've sung that for about 14 years.

Well I know they're usually quiet but that's honestly the first time I've heard it and I must have seen then play at least 4 or 5 times in that 10 years and we must have played them another 4 or 5 times.

Come to think of it I can't think of anything they sing except "come on you whites" (which always strikes me as an ode to someone masturbating at the laundry).
Fulham on 12:00 - Nov 12 with 1656 viewsMytch_QPR

Hardly a great song really; were both of them singing it?

We could learn a lot from Fulham, work hard for each other as a team unit, other than Berbatov there are no real star names. I desperately hope that we can beat them at LR in December, otherwise it's going to get embarassing (again)...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Fulham on 12:04 - Nov 12 with 1637 viewshoof_hearted

The movement of Berbatov and Ruiz will be possibly as embarrassing as it was when Andy Johnson did us last year. (I wonder what happened to him?)

Our hope is that they were done by a good old fashioned cross and header quite easily. Giroud looked like Alan Shearer for the day.
Fulham on 12:05 - Nov 12 with 1637 viewsKonk

Berbatov is a genius — God knows what he’s doing playing for us, but I’m glad he does. Ruiz was excellent on Saturday and looks to be getting his head round the physical demands of English football a bit more now. I’m also falling seriously in love with Martin Jol — top bloke and we’re playing some lovely stuff at the minute.

And, yes, that song is sh it.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham on 12:13 - Nov 12 with 1614 viewsColombiR

Fulham on 12:04 - Nov 12 by hoof_hearted

The movement of Berbatov and Ruiz will be possibly as embarrassing as it was when Andy Johnson did us last year. (I wonder what happened to him?)

Our hope is that they were done by a good old fashioned cross and header quite easily. Giroud looked like Alan Shearer for the day.

Sounds great, but how many good old fashioned crosses and headers have we managed to complete this year - let alone score from?
Fulham on 12:15 - Nov 12 with 1607 viewshoof_hearted

Sad but true. We'll be okay though because when they cross to those shrimpy centre halves and that donkey Berbatov our defenders will cope easily....

Fulham on 12:27 - Nov 12 with 1583 viewspaulparker

and to think a lot of people thought Fulham would struggle this year !
also food for thought is how jol can get the best out of the midfield pair of
Sidwell/Baird , while our sparky cannot still work out what to do ali, samba granero ,
like it or not Al Fayed has come up trumps on the managerial front again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham on 12:38 - Nov 12 with 1546 viewshoof_hearted

..but them again he did choose Hughes so either Hughes is good or Al Fayed managed to get him to walk with some mysterious trick and saved the pay off?
Fulham on 12:40 - Nov 12 with 1537 viewsjonno

Fulham on 12:27 - Nov 12 by paulparker

and to think a lot of people thought Fulham would struggle this year !
also food for thought is how jol can get the best out of the midfield pair of
Sidwell/Baird , while our sparky cannot still work out what to do ali, samba granero ,
like it or not Al Fayed has come up trumps on the managerial front again

I would imagine that Jol is not stuck in the eighties in terms of tactics like Hughes seems to be.
Fulham on 12:40 - Nov 12 with 1534 viewsJonDoeman

Bloody annoying, had high hopes we'd be above them as well!
Got to laugh

It Is What It Is !!

Fulham on 12:40 - Nov 12 with 1534 viewsdaveB

i don't think anyone really expected Fulham to struggle, I didn't think they'd do as well as last year but no chance of them going down, the Berbatov signing was superb though, comfortable top half finish for them again
Fulham on 12:42 - Nov 12 with 1527 viewspaulparker

Fulham on 12:38 - Nov 12 by hoof_hearted

..but them again he did choose Hughes so either Hughes is good or Al Fayed managed to get him to walk with some mysterious trick and saved the pay off?

i think Jol was al fayeds 1st choice before Hughes when he was at Ajax
maybe Konk can confirm ?
hughes done ok at Fulham no doubting, but i dont remember al fayed to heartbroken when he left

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fulham on 12:50 - Nov 12 with 1511 viewsTacticalR

So let's get this straight. You were looking for someone to hate us (and let's face it, without someone to hate us we haven't arrived) and on Saturday Fulham duly obliged.

I, on the other hand, think our motto should be "no one hates us, we don't care".

Air hostess clique

Fulham on 12:52 - Nov 12 with 1500 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fulham on 12:05 - Nov 12 by Konk

Berbatov is a genius — God knows what he’s doing playing for us, but I’m glad he does. Ruiz was excellent on Saturday and looks to be getting his head round the physical demands of English football a bit more now. I’m also falling seriously in love with Martin Jol — top bloke and we’re playing some lovely stuff at the minute.

And, yes, that song is sh it.

Yes, he is a joy to watch. Just doesn't seem right that we've got more money to spend than Fulham yet we're signing your rejects and you in turn are signing better players - most bizarre.
Fulham on 12:58 - Nov 12 with 1490 viewsKonk

Fulham on 12:42 - Nov 12 by paulparker

i think Jol was al fayeds 1st choice before Hughes when he was at Ajax
maybe Konk can confirm ?
hughes done ok at Fulham no doubting, but i dont remember al fayed to heartbroken when he left

Yep, Jol's agent cocked-up as he had a release clause in his Ajax contract which had elapsed by a few days when Jol told the Ajax board he wanted to activate it and go to Fulham. We then got Hughes who did a decent job with us and most of us were actually disappointed to see him go.

Alistair Mackintosh, our CEO, has done excellently with Roy, Hughes and Jol. I think Jol could well be the pick of the bunch - to lose Murphy, Dembele and Dempsey in the summer and then start well with the fairly limited Baird and Sidwell in CM is great work. And it's early days yet, but Berbatov for £5m is looking like a ridiculous bargain.

Fulham on 12:59 - Nov 12 with 1486 viewsJuzzie

Fulham fans call us Bitters yet all they do is go on about us. One of their forum's over the summer was a QPR-obsessed-fest.

I must admit that with the players they lost, they'd be a good bet to go down but they've regrouped well and are looking solid. Fulham fans go on about being a stable club and take the pi$$ out of our current situation but convieniently forget (or maybe simply just don't know) they they did exactly the same a decade or so ago.
They posted for two seasons running the biggest deficit of any PL club, only to be overtaken the 3rd year by Chelsea but Fulham were still effectively the 2nd worst.
The club owes it's owner well over £200m so they are not really as stable as they claim and because the owner will never call in the debt the club is not seen as being as in a big financial problem as they actually are.

Fulham on 13:22 - Nov 12 with 1433 viewsKonk

Fulham on 12:59 - Nov 12 by Juzzie

Fulham fans call us Bitters yet all they do is go on about us. One of their forum's over the summer was a QPR-obsessed-fest.

I must admit that with the players they lost, they'd be a good bet to go down but they've regrouped well and are looking solid. Fulham fans go on about being a stable club and take the pi$$ out of our current situation but convieniently forget (or maybe simply just don't know) they they did exactly the same a decade or so ago.
They posted for two seasons running the biggest deficit of any PL club, only to be overtaken the 3rd year by Chelsea but Fulham were still effectively the 2nd worst.
The club owes it's owner well over £200m so they are not really as stable as they claim and because the owner will never call in the debt the club is not seen as being as in a big financial problem as they actually are.

Hello mate,

All valid points, but worth noting that included in that £200m figure is the cost of buying back and redeveloping The Cottage, buying the land for and building our training ground, the purchasing of 400,000 rumble sticks and clappers and a statue of Michael Jackson. It hasn't all gone on players and wages. Over the fifteen years that Al Fayed's been at the club, there have been some years where he's put his hand in his pocket more enthusiastically than others, but I think we're actually made a profit for each of the past three years.

I think we're a well-run club now - 26,000 average, 4,000 increase to capacity in the pipeline for what will be premium priced tickets and more corporate hospitality. 30,000 will be fine for us, we have an excellent youth set-up, a decent first team and we're now getting to the point of being an established Premier League club. Obviously it wouldn't take much for things to go wrong overnight, but at the moment we don't have much to moan about.

Fulham on 13:23 - Nov 12 with 1432 viewsNorthernr

But do they have:
a) ambition
B) a lot of quality in the building

???
Fulham on 13:33 - Nov 12 with 1404 viewsJuzzie

Fulham on 13:22 - Nov 12 by Konk

Hello mate,

All valid points, but worth noting that included in that £200m figure is the cost of buying back and redeveloping The Cottage, buying the land for and building our training ground, the purchasing of 400,000 rumble sticks and clappers and a statue of Michael Jackson. It hasn't all gone on players and wages. Over the fifteen years that Al Fayed's been at the club, there have been some years where he's put his hand in his pocket more enthusiastically than others, but I think we're actually made a profit for each of the past three years.

I think we're a well-run club now - 26,000 average, 4,000 increase to capacity in the pipeline for what will be premium priced tickets and more corporate hospitality. 30,000 will be fine for us, we have an excellent youth set-up, a decent first team and we're now getting to the point of being an established Premier League club. Obviously it wouldn't take much for things to go wrong overnight, but at the moment we don't have much to moan about.

Hi mate,
yeah, completely agree about that and I know the debt isn't simply on players. Monies spent on the infrastructure is re-coupable as long as they stay in the PL and fill the seats.

The thing is, in order for the club to be able to post recent profits, it had to go massively in debt in the first place. This is what we're doing now (but might fk it up!) but are being criticised for doing the very thing by fans of a club that did it too.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Fulham on 13:35 - Nov 12 with 1395 viewsKonk

Fulham on 13:23 - Nov 12 by Northernr

But do they have:
a) ambition
B) a lot of quality in the building

???

Not Mark Hughes level ambition, but I think we're quietly ambitious - with Berbatov making stylish love to football's up and down the country, there's no reason we can't be the biggest club in the world by the end of the season.

I honestly get giddy just thinking about this bloke. He makes me want to take up smoking and become Bulgarian.

Fulham on 13:39 - Nov 12 with 1372 viewsngbqpr

Fulham on 13:35 - Nov 12 by Konk

Not Mark Hughes level ambition, but I think we're quietly ambitious - with Berbatov making stylish love to football's up and down the country, there's no reason we can't be the biggest club in the world by the end of the season.

I honestly get giddy just thinking about this bloke. He makes me want to take up smoking and become Bulgarian.

The Man Utd of the south?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Fulham on 13:44 - Nov 12 with 1364 viewssmegma

Fulham on 13:35 - Nov 12 by Konk

You sound like Swiss Tony now Konk.
Fulham on 13:46 - Nov 12 with 1362 viewsKonk

Fulham on 13:39 - Nov 12 by ngbqpr

The Man Utd of the south?

That was before Berbatov signed and Bryan Ruiz became the second best footballer in the world. I see no reason we can't become the Real Madrid of the north now. We are teetering on the edge of enormomegadom.

Fulham on 13:50 - Nov 12 with 1341 viewsTacticalR

Fulham on 13:44 - Nov 12 by smegma

You sound like Swiss Tony now Konk.

It's like making love to a beautiful woman.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024