Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board 15:41 - Dec 9 with 8796 viewsTacticalR

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9701099/Tony

Although it's a couple of weeks old, I don't remember seeing this article posted here (sorry if it was already posted).

It's interesting for a number of reasons:
1) It looks at what different members of the board thought of Hughes.
2) It says the team selection for Manchester United was made by Hughes.
3) It says Redknapp can buy, but would have to sell to buy.
4) It puts the spending in perspective by comparing it to Southampton's.

Air hostess clique

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:00 - Dec 9 with 3412 viewsRANGERS4EVER

You really have to feel sorry for Fernandes

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:01 - Dec 9 with 3408 viewsRBlock

It is interesting isn't it. Seems to be giving off a pretty pro-Hughes vibe IMO, especially at the end. We knew our spending was lower than Southampton's already and it sounds as if Hughes was convinced/coerced into dropping Bosingwa et al: "Hughes had agreed to ditch Jose Bosingwa, Esteban Granero and Junior Hoilett from the team he would have selected for yesterday’s game and to reinstate some of the old guard ".

It did remind me of Bowen and Niedzwiecki, haven't heard of their departure yet? Still employed at some level to take care of off field changes? Left, just waiting to be announced? Have i just missed it?

Who could/would we realistically sell in Jan anyway? Granero or Faurlin maybe? Rather Granero go than Ale but we will see. Taarabt going would kill me. Ship out Onohua/Anton? Will he just sell DJ?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:08 - Dec 9 with 3368 viewsWeaverQPR

Slightly concerning that TF wanted to continue backing a manager who isnt getting results.

@WeavQPR

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:09 - Dec 9 with 3368 viewspaulparker

is it me or are we always destined to be the laughing stock of football when it comes to boardroom activity,
after reading the rob green interview earlier it seems the shambolic way of dealing with players is back to the paladini/Briatore days
this also goes for the way the club treated tommy smith, DJ, Luke young, Paddy & Heidi
TF seemed very love struck with Hughes and he will be accountable as much as the players & management if we go down

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:20 - Dec 9 with 3311 viewshoopdog

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:01 - Dec 9 by RBlock

It is interesting isn't it. Seems to be giving off a pretty pro-Hughes vibe IMO, especially at the end. We knew our spending was lower than Southampton's already and it sounds as if Hughes was convinced/coerced into dropping Bosingwa et al: "Hughes had agreed to ditch Jose Bosingwa, Esteban Granero and Junior Hoilett from the team he would have selected for yesterday’s game and to reinstate some of the old guard ".

It did remind me of Bowen and Niedzwiecki, haven't heard of their departure yet? Still employed at some level to take care of off field changes? Left, just waiting to be announced? Have i just missed it?

Who could/would we realistically sell in Jan anyway? Granero or Faurlin maybe? Rather Granero go than Ale but we will see. Taarabt going would kill me. Ship out Onohua/Anton? Will he just sell DJ?

There might be a reason for Onoura's lack of any form due his closeness to his dyeing mother he actually wanted to stay in the north rather than join us for this reason maybe he deserves a bit longer to prove his self
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:22 - Dec 9 with 3297 viewsparker64

It must be quite embarrassing for TF when he goes into other boardrooms. Do people point and snigger "Look, there's the twitter guy who spunked millions on SWP, Barton, Ferdinand, Boswingwa, Zamorra (add to list as appropriate)"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:36 - Dec 9 with 3251 viewsCHUBBS

The man shouldn't be anywhere near making future football decisions at QPR FC. He's decimated the foundations of our club trying to satisfy an inner desire to be a success in football.
I bet the clubs he unsuccessfully tried to take control of are now feeling pretty relieved.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:46 - Dec 9 with 3219 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:36 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

The man shouldn't be anywhere near making future football decisions at QPR FC. He's decimated the foundations of our club trying to satisfy an inner desire to be a success in football.
I bet the clubs he unsuccessfully tried to take control of are now feeling pretty relieved.

Agree.

He could be the nicest guy in the world, but has made shockingly bad football decision & even worse, hasnt learnt from his mistakes, Joey Barton last season & then repeating it this season by making Ji Sung Park club captain.

Why do people "feel sorry" for the billionaire international businessman ?

I dont like or dislike him, I dont know him & dont have an interest in meeting him, but he has shown in no uncertain terms his complete lack of knowledge of footballing matters, who has been advising him ? anyone at all ?

There is no structure or culture at QPR, or club "culture" consists of TF talking people up on Twitter, Mark Hughes is one of best managers in The Premiership, no Tony, he's not & you didnt step in & stop him from letting us hit the iceberg until it was too late.

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:00 - Dec 9 with 3180 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:46 - Dec 9 by klr

Agree.

He could be the nicest guy in the world, but has made shockingly bad football decision & even worse, hasnt learnt from his mistakes, Joey Barton last season & then repeating it this season by making Ji Sung Park club captain.

Why do people "feel sorry" for the billionaire international businessman ?

I dont like or dislike him, I dont know him & dont have an interest in meeting him, but he has shown in no uncertain terms his complete lack of knowledge of footballing matters, who has been advising him ? anyone at all ?

There is no structure or culture at QPR, or club "culture" consists of TF talking people up on Twitter, Mark Hughes is one of best managers in The Premiership, no Tony, he's not & you didnt step in & stop him from letting us hit the iceberg until it was too late.

A bit harsh. TF made 3 poor decisions

1. Trusting NW when he panic bought in Jan
2. Trusting MH when he went for too many aging/risky players.
3. Showing disproportionate loyalty to MH

These are big errors but many of us were happy with 1. and 2.

I think many/any other chairmen would have done the same (maybe not now as we are unfortunately a perfect case study in what not to do)

It's got to be Yarg

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:00 - Dec 9 with 3178 viewsdaveB

well to be fair to Fernandes the signings were down to the managers rather than him, all he has done is back his managers which is what most people wanted
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:01 - Dec 9 with 3176 viewsQPRDave

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 16:36 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

That is so harsh i can't let that go.
He has done everything he could possibly do as a chairman of the club and supported both the previous managers better than any other chairman QPR have had and i include Jim Gregory in that.
He had to support Hughes after funding that many signings he had to give him a chance. I don't remember any complaints as the players were coming in ( AJ aside maybe) but most boards/posters to a man were predicting a top 10 finish.
For me its the players who have to shoulder most of the responsibility and then Mark Hughes and his team. Yes he could've sacked Hughes earlier but then would have been looked upon in the same light as Briatore, which no one wants.
It's not over... we have a new manager who has got us 2 points from 2 away games that we would have lost 3 weeks ago, and if Harry saves us then TF's loyalty the one thing you can criticise him for won't matter will it?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:06 - Dec 9 with 3141 viewsdaveB

it should be pointed out that some on here were calling this team potentially the greatest ever qpr side after a 0-0 draw with chelsea and were raving about hughes signings and fernandes backing him so it's all very easy in hindsight to slaughter everyone
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:07 - Dec 9 with 3129 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:01 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

He has done everything he could possibly do as a chairman of the club and supported both the previous managers better than any other chairman QPR have had and i include Jim Gregory in that.
He had to support Hughes after funding that many signings he had to give him a chance. I don't remember any complaints as the players were coming in ( AJ aside maybe) but most boards/posters to a man were predicting a top 10 finish.
For me its the players who have to shoulder most of the responsibility and then Mark Hughes and his team. Yes he could've sacked Hughes earlier but then would have been looked upon in the same light as Briatore, which no one wants.
It's not over... we have a new manager who has got us 2 points from 2 away games that we would have lost 3 weeks ago, and if Harry saves us then TF's loyalty the one thing you can criticise him for won't matter will it?

I dont think its harsh at all, what has happened bear it all out more as fact than anything else.

TF has made "Big" calls I'll give him that, but what is going on at the club with regards to delegation ? who is advising TF is there anyone at all ?

What are we not doing that the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Norwich, Swansea are doing ?

Fact is we will be relegated this season because the owner didnt sack the manager until it was too late, this was a big call & the wrong one.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:08 - Dec 9 with 3126 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

A yes/no "Do you blame TF for our current situation" might be interesting.

It's got to be Yarg

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:10 - Dec 9 with 3121 viewscheeseydane

Fans have been craving stability since the Briatore era.

In my eyes, Fernandes is guilty of no more than doing all he could to give the club just that.

Amazing comments on this thread. Amazing, but not suprising.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:15 - Dec 9 with 3097 viewsklr

I've never understood this loyalty to owners nonsense, he's not your friend you know ?

He's here to make money & promote his business interests like every other foreign football club owner in this country.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:17 - Dec 9 with 3080 viewsCHUBBS

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:01 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

One of the most important jobs of a chairman is to make sure a football club cuts its cloth accordingly.He has mortgaged the clubs future for instant success which has failed spectacularly yet because he's such a nice bloke his behavior is somehow exonerated.
The man has been nothing more than a terrible failure since he's been at our club.
Whether that's the managers,players or other staffs fault is irrelevant as the buck stops with him.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:20 - Dec 9 with 3058 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:17 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

One of the most important jobs of a chairman is to make sure a football club cuts its cloth accordingly.He has mortgaged the clubs future for instant success which has failed spectacularly yet because he's such a nice bloke his behavior is somehow exonerated.
The man has been nothing more than a terrible failure since he's been at our club.
Whether that's the managers,players or other staffs fault is irrelevant as the buck stops with him.

Spot on.

Whether he's a "nice guy" or not is an irrelevance.

We sleepwalked in to this disaster & he was the captain of the ship when it happened, the buck stops with him.
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:22 - Dec 9 with 3049 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:17 - Dec 9 by CHUBBS

"He has mortgaged the clubs future for instant success which has failed spectacularly"

Bit early for that statement

It's got to be Yarg

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:26 - Dec 9 with 3036 viewsQPRDave

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:07 - Dec 9 by klr

I dont think its harsh at all, what has happened bear it all out more as fact than anything else.

TF has made "Big" calls I'll give him that, but what is going on at the club with regards to delegation ? who is advising TF is there anyone at all ?

What are we not doing that the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Norwich, Swansea are doing ?

Fact is we will be relegated this season because the owner didnt sack the manager until it was too late, this was a big call & the wrong one.

Who do you want him to delegate to?
The manager picks the players he wants and how much to pay and the chairman and the board decide whether they have the funds surely?
The "expert" on football in all this is the manager not the chairman.
As i have just said its not over........If we survive,.... this big call you are criticising him for won't exist will it? How do you know it was the wrong one its dec 9th
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:26 - Dec 9 with 3033 viewspaulparker

i just hope this isnt the reincarnation of the Chris Wright era again ie
nice chairman, over paid & overated players, bad managerial choices, poor communcation behind the scenes ( green, the gallen sacking by text, paddy kenny, luke young )
why always us ?? cant we ever do anything simple at Rangers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:28 - Dec 9 with 3019 viewsklr

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:26 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

Who do you want him to delegate to?
The manager picks the players he wants and how much to pay and the chairman and the board decide whether they have the funds surely?
The "expert" on football in all this is the manager not the chairman.
As i have just said its not over........If we survive,.... this big call you are criticising him for won't exist will it? How do you know it was the wrong one its dec 9th

The worst start to a season in Premiership history is a fair indication of how things are going to end up IMO.

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:30 - Dec 9 with 3010 viewsQPRDave

So were you calling for the signings to halt last jan & in the summer?
I'll say it again if we stay up your argument/criticism is unfounded, and i take it you'll be saying what a terrific chairman he's been for keeping us up?
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:32 - Dec 9 with 2992 viewsQPRDave

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:28 - Dec 9 by klr

The worst start to a season in Premiership history is a fair indication of how things are going to end up IMO.

Maybe....maybe not.
We were written off with 10 games to go last year
Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:36 - Dec 9 with 2977 viewsCHUBBS

Tony Fernandes was forced to sack Mark Hughes by QPR board on 17:22 - Dec 9 by Cornish_oooRRRR

"He has mortgaged the clubs future for instant success which has failed spectacularly"

Bit early for that statement

if we miraculously stay up we'll probably be fine but the odds are stacked against us considering the lack of quality and team spirit.
If we do go down we're probably ruined as the majority of multi million pound contracts at the club are old injury prone poor quality players who we won't be able to give away.
Ignorance is not a defence,nice guy or not he's still the main culprit for our current predicament.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024