Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonah 19:17 - Dec 11 with 6286 viewsStudiousDale

Ain't half playing against some decent players tonight...
Jonah on 22:46 - Dec 11 with 1075 views442Dale

Jonah on 22:45 - Dec 11 by Bobbyjoe

He does sound cross!

Always.

Mainly with those who get things wrong. Like the toss of a coin.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jonah on 22:46 - Dec 11 with 1068 viewsSalwaDale

Jonah on 22:45 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

Was here way before any of the Redshaw drama.

Must admit I find the fella oddly interesting. What interest does he have?, what connection does he have?, what has he got against Coleman?

TBBT

Jonah on 22:47 - Dec 11 with 1065 viewsolympicdale

Jonah on 22:35 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

Chamakh wouldn't get in our side.

I dont think ive seen a poorer premierleague striker than him, he brings absolutely nothing.

Life is a game of fate.

Jonah on 22:51 - Dec 11 with 1033 viewsfitzochris

I know, but Redshaw's tweet only highlighted he had a grudge against us lot for some reason.

He could have been doing his Jemson thing way before his tweet. I agree though, probably too articulate to be Redshaw.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jonah on 22:52 - Dec 11 with 1024 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah on 20:39 - Dec 11 by rafc1984

If bradford played like this every week, they would win this league at a canter.

Why did we ever allow Gary Jones to leave.

Because its been deemed that Tutte is a better player than Jones so had to be accomodated, i dont think thats right. Quite a lot of people on this forum saw Jonah as being too old and not worth keeping.

It seems to me that Jonah saw the writing on the wall with Coleman and co, he voiced his opinion as captain of the club and that was the end of that. Jones is still one of the best midfield players in this league ask any Bradford fan what they think of him (man of the match tonight again).

Anyway the ones who wanted Jonah to leave got their wish and we managed to replace him with Cavanagh or Tutte who after a promising start to the season seems to be going backwards from what i can see.
Jonah on 22:52 - Dec 11 with 1019 viewsphomem

Wenger has said he can't fault the effort of his players - that's going to appease their fans
Jonah on 22:53 - Dec 11 with 1017 viewsTVOS1907

Jonah on 22:44 - Dec 11 by fitzochris

That thought had crossed my mind, especially given his tweet about us as fans.

He posts on shrimpsvoices using exactly the same username and coming out with exactly the same vitriol against Coleman.

He's obviously not very bright.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jonah on 22:54 - Dec 11 with 1014 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah on 21:14 - Dec 11 by seasidedale

Hang on were we not all clamering for Jones to be dropped and released as he was to old!

Not all of us.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonah on 22:54 - Dec 11 with 1013 viewsThreeLions

Just a thought.
Jonah on 22:54 - Dec 11 with 1013 viewsTVOS1907

Jonah on 22:52 - Dec 11 by phomem

Wenger has said he can't fault the effort of his players - that's going to appease their fans

I thought he was going to land one on Guy Havord at one point.

Jonah on 22:56 - Dec 11 with 1001 views442Dale

Jonah on 22:52 - Dec 11 by TalkingSutty

Because its been deemed that Tutte is a better player than Jones so had to be accomodated, i dont think thats right. Quite a lot of people on this forum saw Jonah as being too old and not worth keeping.

It seems to me that Jonah saw the writing on the wall with Coleman and co, he voiced his opinion as captain of the club and that was the end of that. Jones is still one of the best midfield players in this league ask any Bradford fan what they think of him (man of the match tonight again).

Anyway the ones who wanted Jonah to leave got their wish and we managed to replace him with Cavanagh or Tutte who after a promising start to the season seems to be going backwards from what i can see.

Don't think I can recall anyone saying we wanted Jones to leave, but he wasn't contributing anywhere near enough (for whatever reason) and should have been left out long before he was. Would he have been happy to stay as a squad player, because that's what his performances deserved.

Not at all surprised how well he's playing for Bradford. The new challenge has reinvigorated him, but playing under three different managers at Dale last season didn't inspire him to similar displays.

We have STILL to see a midfield two of Tutte and Kennedy by the way!

Jonah on 23:10 - Dec 11 with 972 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah on 22:56 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

Don't think I can recall anyone saying we wanted Jones to leave, but he wasn't contributing anywhere near enough (for whatever reason) and should have been left out long before he was. Would he have been happy to stay as a squad player, because that's what his performances deserved.

Not at all surprised how well he's playing for Bradford. The new challenge has reinvigorated him, but playing under three different managers at Dale last season didn't inspire him to similar displays.

We have STILL to see a midfield two of Tutte and Kennedy by the way!

Jones on a bad day is better than half of the dross we have at the moment. There where plenty of folk on this forum clambering for Jones to be dropped and citing his age as the reason. It almost became a witch hunt at the time if you look back through the historic threads. He left the club with a whimper and not a lot of fans seemed to show any concern.

He was playing in a very poor team and his frustration was evident in his performances at times constantly charging about the pitch trying to put out fires, but the same player was fantastic and banging in goals for fun a few month earlier.

People looked for a scapegoat and from what i witnessed Jones was the man. Good on Bradford and Jonah thats what i say !!
Jonah on 23:21 - Dec 11 with 950 views442Dale

Jonah on 23:10 - Dec 11 by TalkingSutty

Jones on a bad day is better than half of the dross we have at the moment. There where plenty of folk on this forum clambering for Jones to be dropped and citing his age as the reason. It almost became a witch hunt at the time if you look back through the historic threads. He left the club with a whimper and not a lot of fans seemed to show any concern.

He was playing in a very poor team and his frustration was evident in his performances at times constantly charging about the pitch trying to put out fires, but the same player was fantastic and banging in goals for fun a few month earlier.

People looked for a scapegoat and from what i witnessed Jones was the man. Good on Bradford and Jonah thats what i say !!

I'd have dropped Jones for the way he was playing. Age means nothing, as he's illustrating now.

Jones has played in plenty of poor sides and performed better than he I'd last season, and he's been involved in much better sides and not made the starting XI (winter 09-10). And that's the way it should always have been.

Bringing Jones back in at Chesterfield last season after we'd won without him was an error on Coleman's part, and far too often he remained in the team when he needed a rest.

Jonah on 23:28 - Dec 11 with 938 viewsBobbyjoe

If he were'nt scouse he might have made a good manager one day, too.
Jonah on 23:34 - Dec 11 with 928 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah on 23:21 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

I'd have dropped Jones for the way he was playing. Age means nothing, as he's illustrating now.

Jones has played in plenty of poor sides and performed better than he I'd last season, and he's been involved in much better sides and not made the starting XI (winter 09-10). And that's the way it should always have been.

Bringing Jones back in at Chesterfield last season after we'd won without him was an error on Coleman's part, and far too often he remained in the team when he needed a rest.

You make it sound as though Jones was our worst player last season . Jonah loved this club and his bust up with Coleman was very telling, perhaps that was another reason why his performances suffered, he was used to working in a professional environment and found it hard to adjust/stomach !!

Lets agree to disagree.
Jonah on 23:41 - Dec 11 with 914 views442Dale

Jonah on 23:34 - Dec 11 by TalkingSutty

You make it sound as though Jones was our worst player last season . Jonah loved this club and his bust up with Coleman was very telling, perhaps that was another reason why his performances suffered, he was used to working in a professional environment and found it hard to adjust/stomach !!

Lets agree to disagree.

His performances were as bad before Coleman arrived. They actually picked up initially starting with the Bury game when Coleman took over.

Jones liked the club as much as he now clearly likes playing for Bradford. That's footballers for you.

Jonah on 00:04 - Dec 12 with 894 viewsRotherhamDale

It was only a good time for Jones to leave because Coleman came along.

Possession with progression.

Jonah on 00:18 - Dec 12 with 882 viewsdingdangblue

Jonah on 20:47 - Dec 11 by DaleAwaydayBot

The question we should be asking if we had kept Jonah got rid off Coleman would it of been Rochdale in this Quarter Final against Arsenal but it being at a Sold Out Spotland?

That is without doubt the funniest thing Ive ever read on here. Tell me please that's a joke? How many cup games did gary jones play for dale? He had more opportunities than any other player to get us to a cup quarter final!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jonah on 00:22 - Dec 12 with 875 viewsroccydaleian

Jonah on 23:41 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

His performances were as bad before Coleman arrived. They actually picked up initially starting with the Bury game when Coleman took over.

Jones liked the club as much as he now clearly likes playing for Bradford. That's footballers for you.

But who would you like in the team now, Jonah or Cav? Jonah for me every time.
Jonah on 00:25 - Dec 12 with 870 viewsTVOS1907

Jonah on 00:22 - Dec 12 by roccydaleian

But who would you like in the team now, Jonah or Cav? Jonah for me every time.

Jones, obviously, but their roles are very different, so it's not a case of one or the other.

If he was still here, it would probably two from Jones, Tutte and JK, with Cavanagh behind them, as it were.

Not saying that's how I would like it to be, mind.

Jonah on 00:48 - Dec 12 with 843 viewsBirchy915

I don't think any real fan would have wanted Jones to leave the club, some may have wanted to see him take more of a back seat, but for our most capped (dont care I'm saying it) player to leave the club, nobody wanted that!

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Jonah on 00:57 - Dec 12 with 831 viewsdingdangblue

Jonah on 00:25 - Dec 12 by TVOS1907

Jones, obviously, but their roles are very different, so it's not a case of one or the other.

If he was still here, it would probably two from Jones, Tutte and JK, with Cavanagh behind them, as it were.

Not saying that's how I would like it to be, mind.

Agreed. Tutte is having a great goalscoring season playing in that advanced midfield role Jones vacated. Infact if Tutte was our penalty taker he'd be already well on the way to atleast matching Jonahs record breaking midfield goal tally from 10/11 season. Jones move was right for both parties - even more so after last nights heroics!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jonah on 06:51 - Dec 12 with 782 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah on 00:57 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

Agreed. Tutte is having a great goalscoring season playing in that advanced midfield role Jones vacated. Infact if Tutte was our penalty taker he'd be already well on the way to atleast matching Jonahs record breaking midfield goal tally from 10/11 season. Jones move was right for both parties - even more so after last nights heroics!

Form comes and goes but i cant accept that we are a better team without Jonah in the side.
Jonah on 07:16 - Dec 12 with 775 viewsColDale

Jonah on 06:51 - Dec 12 by TalkingSutty

Form comes and goes but i cant accept that we are a better team without Jonah in the side.

We were in the promotion season.

Jonah's problems were always that the worse we as a team played, the more he tried to do everything himself which made his form suffer. He wasn't helped by being played every single minute of every single game, and there isn't a single footballer of his age who was asked to do that.

Can't help but think that the move was the right decision for all concerned. The fresh challenge suited Jonah and its brought another gear out of him that probably wouldn't have been there had he remained at Dale. I'm dead pleased for him that its working out well at Bratfud.

Jonah on 12:42 - Dec 12 with 682 viewsolympicdale

Jonah on 23:34 - Dec 11 by TalkingSutty

Lets agree to disagree.

I think after all that Jones gave to this team, it was so disappointing how he left under such a cloud, from the management and the board. I still wonder, now, why he wasn't given a testimonial. I don't think you can take last year into consideration as to why he left us, last year was soul destroying for Jonah, the constant manager flipping didn't help either, and he clearly didn't like how it was being run under Coleman, voiced his opinion against the regime, and was gone, very North Korea like.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024