Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy IS a ranger 14:05 - Jan 16 with 4169 viewssimmo

http://www.qpr.co.uk/

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Remy IS a ranger on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 1216 viewsbaz_qpr

Remy IS a ranger on 14:46 - Jan 16 by carrotcrunch_R

Actually I think this signing is well worth the risk just what we need at the right time . We need a top class goal scorer and I think this fella fits the bill sometimes you have to take the necessary risks to achieve your goal. Staying up looks more possible to me every day Harry has been at the club .

Agree if you are going to blow a load of cash on a player better it be a striker than a right back
Remy IS a ranger on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 1212 viewswombat

Remy IS a ranger on 14:43 - Jan 16 by Konk

Have they left the coat hanger in his shirt?

hes got bloody long arms !!!

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Remy IS a ranger on 14:58 - Jan 16 with 1191 viewsgueRRilla

Remy IS a ranger on 14:24 - Jan 16 by simmo

Only Llorente (10), Ronaldo, Fletcher, Falcao, Mandzukic (all 7) scored more headers in the top 5 leagues than Remy (6) last term

Good job we have such an abundance of prolific crossers of the ball... As has been said again and again by other posters, we have to play to his strengths. Now knowing absolutely nothing about his style of play I can't really comment, but here's to hoping it all comes off!
Remy IS a ranger on 15:08 - Jan 16 with 1161 viewsKonk

Remy IS a ranger on 14:49 - Jan 16 by ericgen34

Brilliant news. I'm well chuffed with this. I hope he settles in quickly

Prepare to be impressed!

That's what we thought when we signed French International and Lyon star, Steve "Two Bob" Marlet for the best part of £13m!

I'm sure he'll be very good, but you never know, eh.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Remy IS a ranger on 15:09 - Jan 16 with 1149 viewssimmo

Remy IS a ranger on 14:49 - Jan 16 by ericgen34

Brilliant news. I'm well chuffed with this. I hope he settles in quickly

Prepare to be impressed!

Is he really that good Eric?

Remy IS a ranger on 15:12 - Jan 16 with 1128 viewsEalingRanger

Just want to see all the other clubs fans on Twitter giving it large end up disappointed when Loic bangs in the goals that keep us up.

A man can dream.
Remy IS a ranger on 15:13 - Jan 16 with 1121 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Remy IS a ranger on 15:08 - Jan 16 by Konk

That's what we thought when we signed French International and Lyon star, Steve "Two Bob" Marlet for the best part of £13m!

I'm sure he'll be very good, but you never know, eh.

Bloody hell I forgot about him. Just Wiki'd him. He retired last year after scoring 2 in 20 for Red Star (French 3rd Division where he started)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Remy IS a ranger on 15:20 - Jan 16 with 1089 viewsKonk

Remy IS a ranger on 15:13 - Jan 16 by Metallica_Hoop

Bloody hell I forgot about him. Just Wiki'd him. He retired last year after scoring 2 in 20 for Red Star (French 3rd Division where he started)

He wasn't a bad player - he just wasn't a £10m+ player. If we'd signed him for £4m, no-one would remember him (well, I know you'd forgotten about him, but we haven't in SW6).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Remy IS a ranger on 15:27 - Jan 16 with 1062 viewsCharlie1

Remy IS a ranger on 14:17 - Jan 16 by simmo

I know financially it could be crippling, and it is the opposite to the kind of direction I wanted the club to go after the last 18 months, but you can help but be excited when your club signs a talented striker.

I am really looking forward to seeing him at West Ham and I hope the fans dont hold the money issues against him.

If he and any new signing bring the work rate and commitment to go with their talent, we have some genuinely good players on our hands. Taarabt must be rubbing his hands together....

+1

Real buzz about this one.

Could've sworn Jamie said two weeks ago it was a done deal and he was off to....

See you Sato

2:59 baby!

Remy IS a ranger on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 1027 viewsericgen34

Remy IS a ranger on 15:09 - Jan 16 by simmo

Is he really that good Eric?

Well, I think so. Each time I have seen him play for France, and a few times for Marseille, I thought he was brilliant. Very similar to Henry, skill, pace, good finisher, the lot.

But, he hasnt played much over the last year, so who knows.

If he is back to anywhere like a year ago, then his partnership with Adel will be a joy to watch. Can't wait

Remy IS a ranger on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 1025 viewsDoomed

Remy IS a ranger on 14:38 - Jan 16 by JAPRANGERS

4 and a half year contract on who knows how many tens of thousand pounds per week.
Why do we give out such long contracts?? We never learn. With our wage bill it's going to be totally frightening next season in the Championship, barring a miracle.

Totally agree it's madness 4 1/2 year contract, SWP signed a 4 1/2 contract and that was a big mistake!
Why didn't they sign him on for 2 years and another year if we stay up (still doubt we will).

Massive squad even bigger wages and people like Boswinga and SWP are not going to leave and let's face it who would buy them?
Remy IS a ranger on 15:51 - Jan 16 with 1009 viewsexiled_dictator

Remy IS a ranger on 14:12 - Jan 16 by Neil_SI

It was never Alejandro Faurlin, because he was free, despite the "puff" £3.5m the club said it was.

From there, there has never been official word, but rumours we paid £4m apiece for Djibril Cissé and Bobby Zamora, which sounds fairly realistic and conflicting reports what Shaun Wright-Phillips actually cost...anywhere between £3.5m to £6.5m.

Stephané Mbia appeared to be around £4.9m according to reports, and as for Esteban Granero, no idea, but didn't sound as much as some made out. I have a feeling he came here for less than what we paid Mbia.

Junior Hoillet's compensation was for £4m.

EURO 5 Million for Cissé
Bobby Z was £4 million
So was SWP, but he got a big signing on fee, according to NW.
Granero signed a 4 year contract. Total for his purchase price, fees to agents, signing on fee & 4 year salary is the mystical £9 million figure, so you can work it out backwards yourselves.
Cannot remember the Mbia figures, but you might well be right. He was bought by Marseilles from Rennes in July 2009 for £10.9 million, so they took a hit on that. However, Mbia's deal involved Barton in some dimension; either financially or first refusal either way.
So I think that about £4 million was previously our biggest transfer fee.
What did we pay for Ferdinand, anyone know?
Faurlin cost $250k to Instituto , £200k for his contract extension paid to an agent, and $500k compensation to Inter as they had first option in his clause. I don't think the whole truth will ever come out over hos transfer, but I am convinced that GP actually made money on that deal. No proof, just suspect.
Onuoha was £3 million. Park Ji-Sung was £2.5 million and Diakité was £3.5 million.
But we have signed up several free players in the past couple of years too, notably Nelsen, Cesar, Green, Johnson, Bosingwa, Tal ben Haim, & Bothroyd. So it's swings & roundabouts overall.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Remy IS a ranger on 15:51 - Jan 16 with 1008 viewsWinchestR

Remy IS a ranger on 15:41 - Jan 16 by Doomed

Totally agree it's madness 4 1/2 year contract, SWP signed a 4 1/2 contract and that was a big mistake!
Why didn't they sign him on for 2 years and another year if we stay up (still doubt we will).

Massive squad even bigger wages and people like Boswinga and SWP are not going to leave and let's face it who would buy them?

Seems long I agree, but at least a long contract will help to preserve his resale value. If he had a two year contract his value in a year's time would be a lot less and we might not even recoup what we bough him for. Hopefully the club are viewing this one as an actual investment, unlike our previous policy.
Remy IS a ranger on 01:32 - Jan 17 with 929 viewsNorthernr

thoughts

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1913
Remy IS a ranger on 14:39 - Jan 17 with 865 viewssimmo

Watched the interview and the 'tour' videos on QPR Player. I notice Remy doesnt speak English, I do wonder though if he understands it because Taylor was showing him round and chatting so unless he speaks Francais he must have an understanding....

I only mention because we have quite a few foreign lads now and I wonder how Redknapp communicates instructions to players effectively, especially with limited training time. Watched a bit of Goals on Sunday and they were saying how with Poyet speaking 4-5 languages that is a real bonus for a modern manager... Redknapp partly attributed the Liverpool performance to the fact we didnt communicate effectively enough, especially with so many lads with English as a 2nd language, maybe Remy will need more time to fully understand his role in our chosen system before starting....

Remy IS a ranger on 15:04 - Jan 17 with 829 viewsGaztastic

Crucial that he and Adel click. I wonder how that all important first meeting will be handled? Like pandas? Will they be led into a room with a 'handler', next meeting, allowed to sniff each other, next meeting a football introduced etc etc....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024