Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. 19:01 - Jan 22 with 2530 viewsJonDoeman

Prizby on report "Nelsen just told Toronto media that he'll be joining Toronto full-time starting February 1st"

It Is What It Is !!

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 1872 viewsbosh67

Did he say if that was this Feb 1?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 19:38 - Jan 22 with 1831 viewsqprwpg

Doesn't give us much time to find a CB as good as him. Someone worth that 90K a week.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 19:43 - Jan 22 with 1809 viewsBklynRanger

Harry said on Saturday that he was staying until the end of February.

So if things have changed hopefully its a result of a replacement coming in and not just another big headache.
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 19:46 - Jan 22 with 1784 viewsHollowayRanger

First time in History a Nelsen has run from a battle!

He will be missed big time

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:02 - Jan 22 with 1750 viewskingo

For this to be brought forward Harry has got his man, but won't be announced as he is in France trying to tie up the M'Vila deal. Could be a very big week for us.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:05 - Jan 22 with 1733 viewsSuffolk

Fcuk
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:07 - Jan 22 with 1719 viewsaustinqpr

Not 100% on the rules, but I assume this is to save us wasting a space in the 25 man squad on Nelson?
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:27 - Jan 22 with 1658 viewsdaveB

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:07 - Jan 22 by austinqpr

Not 100% on the rules, but I assume this is to save us wasting a space in the 25 man squad on Nelson?

i would have thought that is the case, shame he is going but we've known for 2 years we need a mobile centre half so nothing new really
Login to get fewer ads

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:54 - Jan 22 with 1577 viewsBushman

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:02 - Jan 22 by kingo

For this to be brought forward Harry has got his man, but won't be announced as he is in France trying to tie up the M'Vila deal. Could be a very big week for us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 23:14 - Jan 22 with 1466 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Well if he plays vs Man City , I will give him a huge cheer , applaud and sing his name. He mast be leaving us so soon, but he has been one of the few positives in a really shit season. He has kept us in games , won us points and always gave 100%. Thanks Nelsen for all that you have done this season!

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 05:30 - Jan 23 with 1333 viewscyprusmel

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 23:14 - Jan 22 by RANGERS4EVER

Well if he plays vs Man City , I will give him a huge cheer , applaud and sing his name. He mast be leaving us so soon, but he has been one of the few positives in a really shit season. He has kept us in games , won us points and always gave 100%. Thanks Nelsen for all that you have done this season!

I'll agree with that R forever.
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 05:41 - Jan 23 with 1328 viewsozranger

The Kiwi Herald states he will play his last game against Manshitty on Jan 29th. However, I am a little surprised about a quote from Nelsen to this paper:

"When you're not enjoying the playing side as much as other aspects of football, you know it is time to move on. That time is now and I want to commit all my energies into my coaching career with Toronto FC.''

It looked to me he was enjoying himself of late and getting rightly stuck in to his job. Oh well, we will miss him.
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 06:45 - Jan 23 with 1306 viewssmegma

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 20:07 - Jan 22 by austinqpr

We've got a few waste of spaces in the squad already.
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 06:57 - Jan 23 with 1301 viewswestberksr

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 05:41 - Jan 23 by ozranger

The Kiwi Herald states he will play his last game against Manshitty on Jan 29th. However, I am a little surprised about a quote from Nelsen to this paper:

"When you're not enjoying the playing side as much as other aspects of football, you know it is time to move on. That time is now and I want to commit all my energies into my coaching career with Toronto FC.''

It looked to me he was enjoying himself of late and getting rightly stuck in to his job. Oh well, we will miss him.

those comments may well be down to his injuries as much as anything else.

mark of the man that none of us would be able to tell he's had enough from the performances he's put in; top pro
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 08:19 - Jan 23 with 1242 viewsCharlie1

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 06:57 - Jan 23 by westberksr

those comments may well be down to his injuries as much as anything else.

mark of the man that none of us would be able to tell he's had enough from the performances he's put in; top pro

yep, wouldn't read anything into it Oz. He's been saying for awhile that he is on his last legs.

Gutting news. Utterly gutting.

Real blow. We get a steadied back four, playing consistently, clean sheets and bang. Just our luck.

2:59 baby!

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 08:43 - Jan 23 with 1213 viewssimmo

As good as he has been and as much as I think he deserves our complete respect and good wishes, I subscribe to the Dave Mac point that we wont be able to achieve anywhere near the desired points haul with him and Hill as our CB's all season.

We have been playing 1 sometimes 2 deep lying screening midfielders to protect them and if we continue to do that we will not be expansive enough to win some of the games we should/could.

He goes with all of the blessings I can muster though, been a consumate pro and fantastic player for us amongst a sea of dross, I'll not forget the game against Saints where he literally 'played on his own' and I hope he goes on to become as good a manager as he was a player. Outstanding leader and if Man City is his last game I hope everybody gives him the ovation he deserves.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 08:46 - Jan 23 with 1207 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half a season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 1163 viewsGloucs_R

Why is Nelsen running from a battle?

Lets say Milan came in for Adel and offered him more money than he is on now. Would he be running away or just bettering himself?

Nelsen has accepted a better offer, good luck to him.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 09:58 - Jan 23 with 1144 viewsTonto

the negative: he has been the best CB this season (although thats not saying much!)

the positive: thats another player aged 30+ off the books (with his wages)

He'll go with a thank you from me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 10:03 - Jan 23 with 1130 viewsLOFT67

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 09:58 - Jan 23 by Tonto

the negative: he has been the best CB this season (although thats not saying much!)

the positive: thats another player aged 30+ off the books (with his wages)

He'll go with a thank you from me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

+ 1 kemo sabi

Loft67

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 15:34 - Jan 23 with 1022 viewshighlandbill

Agreed! Lets give him a big send off. He is probably keen to get on with his new career and has at least waited to the end of the window for Harry to replace him. (I hope!)

At my age I should not be doing this!

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 17:24 - Jan 23 with 985 viewsthemodfather

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 15:34 - Jan 23 by highlandbill

Agreed! Lets give him a big send off. He is probably keen to get on with his new career and has at least waited to the end of the window for Harry to replace him. (I hope!)

we will miss him...he has been a revelation imo, i thought he'd be a bit player but he's been solid, reliable and a good leader on the pitch
the f block boys love him!
agreed he deserves a good send off from us fans.
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 18:15 - Jan 23 with 960 viewsDylanP

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 09:40 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

Why is Nelsen running from a battle?

Lets say Milan came in for Adel and offered him more money than he is on now. Would he be running away or just bettering himself?

Nelsen has accepted a better offer, good luck to him.

I guess I am not as smitten with Nelsen as others.

I agree that he has been one of our best players this year. I agree that he has been a revelation so far this season. I agree that his temperament on the field has been outstanding. I agree that he has given 110% every game. I agree that he is one of our most important players so far this season (when everyone thought he was brought in to make up the numbers). I love all that.

However, he signed a new contract with us just a few months ago. He has played for half a season and now, just when we have a settled back four that is playing well together, he is buggering off. He is under contract to us and should be focusing on that. If he wasn't fit to last the season, then he shouldn't have signed the contract, as that was always a possibility. He signed up to get paid every week, so there was always a chance that he was going to be required to play every week.

Whatsmore, he must have known about / been working on this managing gig on the side now for a while. Toronto FC aren't just going to pluck a Kiwi defender playing in London to be their manager unless there was close relations and communications. I hope that he told the team he was working on this side deal in advance. He seems like the type of person who would come clean, but what do I know? If so, I suppose I can't begrudge him this. However, I have not heard that. All this "glass ankles and knees" and "don't enjoy the playing side of the game" comments are unprofessional and unecessary.

Bottom line is that there is a contract. If Toronto want him, they should be buying out his contract. If he is one of our most important players, then I would expect Toronto to pay a hefty sum of money for the privilidge of stealing one of our most important players. I think around $5-9M would be in line with his value to the club.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 938 viewsJamie

He had planned to retire in summer 2012 before agreeing to come join his mate Hughes. Lets be honest, he would've never expected to play every week and has undoubtedly played more in the last 5 months than he expected to the whole season.

He has given us 5 months of 100% committed performances and been a credit to himself and now wants to take his wife and kids home.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs in my opinion if anyone wishes him anything but the best.
Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 18:34 - Jan 23 with 927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nelsen Joins Toronto Feb 1. on 18:26 - Jan 23 by Jamie

He had planned to retire in summer 2012 before agreeing to come join his mate Hughes. Lets be honest, he would've never expected to play every week and has undoubtedly played more in the last 5 months than he expected to the whole season.

He has given us 5 months of 100% committed performances and been a credit to himself and now wants to take his wife and kids home.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs in my opinion if anyone wishes him anything but the best.

I wish him the best, but I'm incredibly disappointed that he thinks it's ok to leave mid-contract with us in the mire. He's been great for us on the pitch, but the job's only half done. If I could make the City game I naturally wouldn't give him grief but I wouldn't be throwing any garlands on him either.

He gave his word, and he gave it in ink. Both should mean something.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024