Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek (Ricky gervais) 16:21 - Mar 1 with 9339 viewscalders

Anyone else watching this ? One of the best shows on tv for a long time. very funny, emotional and really good story lines with a message in every one. The Best thing Ricky gervais has done since the office IMO.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 09:26 - Mar 2 with 2273 viewsHunterhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 22:09 - Mar 1 by bosh67

I thought it was brilliant. We looked after my dad's brother in a home after he had multiple strokes for 7 years. It was absolutely bang on what it was like and the characters were so well observed. An absolute gem of a piece of acting from Gervais, and really unexpected.

I think that's it, Bosh. You're spot on.

There's truth and heart to it.

I think it's a lovely piece of tv. And it's bloody funny.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 22:18 - Mar 6 with 2219 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Great final episode so far

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 22:31 - Mar 6 with 2202 viewsloftboy

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 22:18 - Mar 6 by RANGERS4EVER

Great final episode so far

Very sad as well

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 22:38 - Mar 6 with 2186 viewsingeminate

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 02:08 - Mar 2 by Cornish_oooRRRR

I think it's quite lazy (the greedy daughter and old school friend were like pantomime baddies) and over sentimental

But I absolutely love it

Completely agree, the odd moment which doesn't really work, but overall very good. The acting from the main characters brilliant.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 23:09 - Mar 6 with 2155 viewsbosh67

A rare thing indeed. A genuine series about human kindness. A completely different side to Ricky Gervais. A proper little gem of acting.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 23:20 - Mar 6 with 2146 viewsBasingstokeR

After a average to weak pilot, i really enjoyed it all apart from Gervais being in it himself, i found it distracting him being in it - think it would've benefitted from him just writing and directing not acting this time round. All the other leads and eldery actors were very good.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 06:20 - Mar 7 with 2103 viewssoupandhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:13 - Mar 1 by andygg

Cant stand Gervais, he is utter shite in everything he does.IMO

what time you on at the comedy club
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 07:17 - Mar 7 with 2090 viewsdanehoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 06:20 - Mar 7 by soupandhoop

what time you on at the comedy club

To be honest I am more in his camp than yours Soupandhoop. As I said previously on this thread I find Gervais's stuff very hit or miss. Derek I didn't enjoy. I don't think he is a comedy god and feel that hus writing partner Stephen Merchant is probably the more talented if the two both as a writer and actor. But, hey that's the thing about opinions, others on here enjoy his stuff and good luck to them.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 21:34 - Sep 12 with 1977 viewsToast_R

Just found this on Virgin On Demand.

Agree this is definitely the best thing Gervais has done since The Office.

No one does comedy awkwardness quite like him but this is just such a good mix of emotion and it worked really well. He does seem to be able top get the most out of his actors who are usually pretty unheard of.

Hope the second series is as good. Sure it will be.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 23:17 - Sep 12 with 1898 viewsSydneyRs

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 21:34 - Sep 12 by Toast_R

Just found this on Virgin On Demand.

Agree this is definitely the best thing Gervais has done since The Office.

No one does comedy awkwardness quite like him but this is just such a good mix of emotion and it worked really well. He does seem to be able top get the most out of his actors who are usually pretty unheard of.

Hope the second series is as good. Sure it will be.

It's currently showing here in Oz and I'm watching for a second time after downloading the series a while back. Utterly, utterly brilliant.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 00:03 - Sep 13 with 1874 viewsPommyhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 23:17 - Sep 12 by SydneyRs

It's currently showing here in Oz and I'm watching for a second time after downloading the series a while back. Utterly, utterly brilliant.

What channel Syd? Ive seen it but I'll put my mates onto it..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 08:40 - Sep 13 with 1818 viewsdoogi55

gervais is overated average comiedian who just take the pxxx out of the less fortunate
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 08:55 - Sep 13 with 1808 viewsMonahoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 07:17 - Mar 7 by danehoop

To be honest I am more in his camp than yours Soupandhoop. As I said previously on this thread I find Gervais's stuff very hit or miss. Derek I didn't enjoy. I don't think he is a comedy god and feel that hus writing partner Stephen Merchant is probably the more talented if the two both as a writer and actor. But, hey that's the thing about opinions, others on here enjoy his stuff and good luck to them.

I think Stephen Merchant is the driving force behind Gervais. Without him he is limp and a terrible comedian. I loved The Office, but only the characters around Gervais and it was the same with Extras. Derek I found hard to like as I just saw it as Ricky Gervais acting a disabled person. May have benefited with someone else of less stature and ego doing the role. Ricky Gervais does disabled. Ah so he does, but it's Gervais not Derek.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 09:42 - Sep 13 with 1790 viewsToast_R

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 08:40 - Sep 13 by doogi55

gervais is overated average comiedian who just take the pxxx out of the less fortunate

That's a typical British attitude. Someon's successfull and liked, how dare they, let's all try and bring them down a peg or two.

Your comment smacks of someone who's never actually watched any of it because it is completely the opposite to what you have just written.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:01 - Sep 13 with 1781 viewsPommyhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 08:55 - Sep 13 by Monahoop

I think Stephen Merchant is the driving force behind Gervais. Without him he is limp and a terrible comedian. I loved The Office, but only the characters around Gervais and it was the same with Extras. Derek I found hard to like as I just saw it as Ricky Gervais acting a disabled person. May have benefited with someone else of less stature and ego doing the role. Ricky Gervais does disabled. Ah so he does, but it's Gervais not Derek.

The only time I thought Gervais was 'surplus to requirements' was in An Idiot Abroad.Both him and Merchant didnt need to be there and smacked of we wrote this so we are getting some air time. He was brilliant in Office as was the other characters.Just a brilliant show all round.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:10 - Sep 13 with 1664 viewsisawqpratwcity

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 00:03 - Sep 13 by Pommyhoop

ABC 1 Thursday nights.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:13 - Sep 13 with 1661 viewsPommyhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:10 - Sep 13 by isawqpratwcity

ABC 1 Thursday nights.

Cheers..

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:20 - Sep 13 with 1646 viewsdanehoop

To be fair, it's his opinion and no more or less valid than your own. As I said in my previous post I didn't really enjoy Derek and chose to leave after a few episodes. I think Gervais is hit or miss and when he is funny it's very good - but notably that seems to be more often when he works with Marchant rather than on his own. This series wasn't for me.

If I want to watch comedy involving and focusing on disability then I am more likely to watch Francesca Martinez, John Williams (My son's not rainman) or Lee Ridley (Lost Voice Guy) genuinely funny and heart warming work than Gervais doing whatever he feels Derek is about.

But hey, that's an opinion.

Never knowingly understood

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:29 - Sep 13 with 1643 viewsdoogi55

i worked on the office and extras he aint that good.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:46 - Sep 13 with 1631 viewsPommyhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 10:29 - Sep 13 by doogi55

i worked on the office and extras he aint that good.

Aint that good at what?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 12:07 - Sep 13 with 1600 viewsisawqpratwcity

Just watched last night's episode of Derek (on ABC website, "iview", Pommyhoop) and I'm definitely warming to the series. RG is trying to find comedy in situations that are considered devoid of comedy (cf films "To Be Or Not To Be", or "Life Is Beautiful"), and is trying to avoid the minefield of sentimental emotion ('ah, ain't that sweet').

Best line for me was the volunteer's comment "If she calls me a mug again, 'er 'ead's going down a toilet."

Btw, RG's acting is delightful.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 12:26 - Sep 13 with 1591 viewsSydneyRs

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 00:03 - Sep 13 by Pommyhoop

ABC on Thursdays at 10pm
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 12:44 - Sep 13 with 1576 viewsdaveB

All comedians are a bit hit and miss, he's done pretty well for himself. I think Derek was a very good drama, personally I didn't think it was as funny as his previous stuff but still really enjoyed it.

He'll never top the office just like Seinfeld will never make a show as good as Seinfeld again.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 13:00 - Sep 13 with 1566 viewsisawqpratwcity

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 12:44 - Sep 13 by daveB

All comedians are a bit hit and miss, he's done pretty well for himself. I think Derek was a very good drama, personally I didn't think it was as funny as his previous stuff but still really enjoyed it.

He'll never top the office just like Seinfeld will never make a show as good as Seinfeld again.

But you have to give the bloke credit for trying. Never mind what he made out of Office, Extras, Idiot Abroad and Life's Too Short, just the royalties from US Office would keep him in comfort the rest of his days.

But he still tries to come up with different ways to make us laugh. Actually, I think he wants to be Woody Allen. I wish him all the best.

Edit: By that I mean he wants to hit a philosophical, less comedic appreciation.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 13:14]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024