Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? 10:33 - Apr 7 with 10183 viewsngbqpr

Just absolutely pasted us on Sky

"Mess on & off the pitch"

Fernandes "biggest joke Chairman in League...should keep his mouth shut"

Speaking the unspeakable truth...or someone who's lost his sources at the club? Discuss

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:06 - Apr 7 with 896 viewsNW5Hoop

Why, whenever those of us who are sceptical about Fernandes's achievements at QPR voice out scepticism, are we accused of pursuing vendettas, or of being haters?

Also, for the post saying that judgments have been made with hindsight … Well, the best time to judge whether or not someone's done a good job is after they've been doing it for a bit, surely?
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:31 - Apr 7 with 843 viewsessextaxiboy

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 15:10 - Apr 7 by QPRDave

Just don't see how this is TF's fault.
Yes he sanctioned wages and transfer fees, but i assume he was happy to pay those rates and that has nothing to do whether he knows about football or not, balancing the books is business which is his department, and he has repeatedly said we are not going into financial meltdown.
This is down to the Hughes regime, they were brought in to run the club.
We got promoted under Flavio's stewardship, so does that make him the best chairman we had?.......No of course it doesn't it was Neil Warnock, the man brought in to run the club who saved us and was responsible for our promotion, not Flavio.

If you take away the personalitys, Briatore played a blinder .

He announced the four year plan and allowed a tv crew to record it . He got Mittal and Ecclestone on board for both hard cash and exposure.

Didnt care how the club looked on the outside sacking managers for fun but crucially by hook or by crook delivered the Premier League .

Didnt give a flying one about how we would fare in the Prem , didnt sanction any spending until kindly Uncle Tony blinked first and paid up ,

Arses spanked all round .
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 833 viewsWeaverQPR

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:31 - Apr 7 by essextaxiboy

If you take away the personalitys, Briatore played a blinder .

He announced the four year plan and allowed a tv crew to record it . He got Mittal and Ecclestone on board for both hard cash and exposure.

Didnt care how the club looked on the outside sacking managers for fun but crucially by hook or by crook delivered the Premier League .

Didnt give a flying one about how we would fare in the Prem , didnt sanction any spending until kindly Uncle Tony blinked first and paid up ,

Arses spanked all round .

FB would not have allowed Hughes to go 16-17 games without a win thats for sure.

@WeavQPR

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:43 - Apr 7 with 818 viewsessextaxiboy

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 19:08 - Apr 7 by cheeseydane

Tf can be blamed of naivety and inexperience only imo.

He trustred 'professionals' (cough, cough) to do their job.

Really dont understand the vendetta against him.

Because he has F*cked Up .

He is an approachable likeable positive bloke .

He can run an airline but as a chairman of OUR football club he hasnt a clue .
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:54 - Apr 7 with 805 viewsqblockpete

Agree with many points on this thread.

NorthernR is spot on regards his season ticket "pricepoint", that's when the fans will start to turn.

As for Flavio Briatore, shows you don't have to like a chairman to be successful. A few weeks ago not sure many Southampton fans liked their chairman with the new managerial appointment, now they have secured premiership status doubt they give a shit.

TF is a likeable guy and fans favourite, but we've wasted millions trying to live the dream, whilst the more conservative spending clubs have stayed up and even one won a cup.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 23:31 - Apr 7 with 749 viewsQPR_John

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 19:07 - Apr 7 by RangersAreBack

Not just his money and there's more to being a chairman than that. No manager should interview the chairman and the board should question any unreasonable targets the manager suggests. It doesn't take a football genius to work out that Bobby Zamora is past it, Andy Johnson is made of paper, Shaun Wright-Phillips has never set the world alight, Rob Green is prone to gaffes, Arsenal don't sell decent youngsters (Traore) and Anton Ferdinand is a liability. Every single one of these signings should have been vetoed. Signing these players was lazy management and naive chairmanship.

" Every single one of these signings should have been vetoed."

If any had been this board would have been in meltdown with people comparing Fernandez to Briatore not letting the manager manage. Hindsight is a wonderful thing
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:09 - Apr 8 with 725 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 19:53 - Apr 7 by Antti_Heinola

'crassly naive' is crassly unfair. and very easy to say in hindsight.

Why is it?
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:34 - Apr 8 with 716 viewsMrNITK

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 18:56 - Apr 7 by Northernr

No but it is him that has overseen all of this, appointed the people making the decisions, set the ethos of the club, set the strategy of the team building. You talk about Mark Hughes - who was it that sad "he interviewed us"? The buck stops with the man in charge. You don't get relegated because of one fcking goal from Wigan, relegations are built in the same way as promotions are. Nobody has ever been unluckily relegated. Nobody has ever had a great team and played really well all season and put a load of points on the board and then conceded one dodgy goal at the end and been relegated. Fernandes and his board have got a load of things badly, badly wrong. It's been done out of naivety rather than maliciousness, as was the case with previous boards, so they've been given the benefit of the doubt and that's fine and I feel the same.

But like I say, the season ticket prices for next season are a big moment.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

True.

But hindsight is a beautiful thing. Not many on here were predicting relegation. Was it not you who was predicting a mid table finish?

If Carling made football chairman and all that.
Login to get fewer ads

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:37 - Apr 8 with 713 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:34 - Apr 8 by MrNITK

True.

But hindsight is a beautiful thing. Not many on here were predicting relegation. Was it not you who was predicting a mid table finish?

If Carling made football chairman and all that.

I think I said we'd finish 12th, and I was about the most pessimistic on here with that! If I wanted to be cruel I could link to the thread of people asking if we ight be an outside bet for fourth and then slagging me off for being miserable for telling them to stop being so ridiculous.

In a 12 page pre-season prediction thread on here not a single poster put QPR down in their bottom 3.

Everything is easy with hindsight, but it doesn't mean that the people who oversaw something shouldn't be blamed. In an air disaster hindsight is easy. They investigate it, they look at the black box, they assess what happen, they sit in the simulator and re-run it, and in the end they say "well if the pilot hadn't done that, the plane wouldn't have crashed." The pilot clearly didn't mean to do it, Tony Fernandes clearly didn't mean to make a fcking mess of QPR, but they did and he has. The buck has to stop somewhere.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:41 - Apr 8 with 707 viewskropotkin41

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:37 - Apr 8 by Northernr

I think I said we'd finish 12th, and I was about the most pessimistic on here with that! If I wanted to be cruel I could link to the thread of people asking if we ight be an outside bet for fourth and then slagging me off for being miserable for telling them to stop being so ridiculous.

In a 12 page pre-season prediction thread on here not a single poster put QPR down in their bottom 3.

Everything is easy with hindsight, but it doesn't mean that the people who oversaw something shouldn't be blamed. In an air disaster hindsight is easy. They investigate it, they look at the black box, they assess what happen, they sit in the simulator and re-run it, and in the end they say "well if the pilot hadn't done that, the plane wouldn't have crashed." The pilot clearly didn't mean to do it, Tony Fernandes clearly didn't mean to make a fcking mess of QPR, but they did and he has. The buck has to stop somewhere.

We have all had a long painful and very rude awakening.

Never mind it'll all be over soon.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 01:10 - Apr 8 with 694 viewsMrNITK

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 00:37 - Apr 8 by Northernr

I actually would like to see that twelve page pre season prediction thread. Not one person predicting relegation, so at that time we obviously thought we were doing something right as the season before we finished 17th.

I agree, Fernandes has obviously made mistakes and looking further down the thread you said about giving him the benefit of doubt. We love a scapegoat at QPR. Not saying your making him one but worry our fans will.

For me Hughes is mainly to blame and plenty of others.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 01:21 - Apr 8 with 689 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 01:10 - Apr 8 by MrNITK

I actually would like to see that twelve page pre season prediction thread. Not one person predicting relegation, so at that time we obviously thought we were doing something right as the season before we finished 17th.

I agree, Fernandes has obviously made mistakes and looking further down the thread you said about giving him the benefit of doubt. We love a scapegoat at QPR. Not saying your making him one but worry our fans will.

For me Hughes is mainly to blame and plenty of others.

I think Hughes is mainly to blame too. Fernandes hired somebody who looked - on Blackburn and Fulham performance - like a good candidate for a club like us. But he was then taken for a ride by Hughes and Jorabchian. The buck stops with him at the end of the day because he made the appointments and allowed them to continue for so long. Whether we agreed with it at the time or not is pretty irrelevant - we're not the ones making the decisions.

The fans will happily blame Hughes for ever more if Fernandes continues to play the PR game and keep the fans onside and seem like he's trying his best. If they get the season ticket prices wrong then suddenly everybody will be after Fernandes, and pinning it all on him.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 02:03 - Apr 8 with 663 viewsQPR_Jim

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 20:54 - Apr 7 by qblockpete

Agree with many points on this thread.

NorthernR is spot on regards his season ticket "pricepoint", that's when the fans will start to turn.

As for Flavio Briatore, shows you don't have to like a chairman to be successful. A few weeks ago not sure many Southampton fans liked their chairman with the new managerial appointment, now they have secured premiership status doubt they give a shit.

TF is a likeable guy and fans favourite, but we've wasted millions trying to live the dream, whilst the more conservative spending clubs have stayed up and even one won a cup.

Except Flavio wasn't a successful chairman, AB was the chairman who got us success. Under flavio we were going through managers at such a rapid rate at one point we had Hart in charge and was pleased to get Harford in.

The only way Flavio was a success was by getting involved again to destabilize the club to push through a sale that lined his own pocket.

TF has made mistakes but the one thing he's got right in my opinion is addressing our training facilities.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 07:44 - Apr 8 with 608 viewsessextaxiboy

As one of the chief optimists on that thread (shoot me now) I would have no problem if you put it up .
As i recall it started up highlighting that we were 125 to 1 to finish in the top four .
My point then was that it seemed good enough odds to have a tenner or so as a hedge against missing out on european awaydays due to cost . For me thats what betting is , an insurance policy .
I have never done this but a shameful tenner on us to go downthis year would mean half price ST next year to sugar the pill.

I think I highlighted Newcastle who were in with a shout until April or May and I thought our squad matched theirs at least , I think I said why not us ?

As proof that I am not deluded I think buried in there you will find my serious prediction of 8th .

I make no apologies for being upbeat , I think we are down , the 2nd Villa goal on Sat did it for me but I think we will be straight back up .

Put it up and lets have a laugh , it would be a shame not to use it after keeping it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024