Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our House Our Party 17:22 - Apr 13 with 5658 viewsColDale

Good game today with a very dodgy case of premature ejaculation. And not just those Vale fans who were kicked out before the game had even started.

Can see why Vale are up there. There a big team, who work hard. Nowt flash, but any side up against them will know they've been in a game against them. Thought we were very good at the back against them, apart from two moments and Vale took full advantage. Their lad Griffiths was very good indeed. But equally I can see why Hill says the division has gone back ten years.

I thought we battled well. The pitch was everything Phil Brown said it was, and we went direct perhaps more than I've seen a Hill side do before. Cav was great in the middle, and there must be a few of the squad who have changed Hill's mind. A few weeks ago we were expecting and hoping for a clear out. Now, this side could start in August, and I'd be happy.

Shame to see Grimes kick out. Thats two saturdays on the trot we've had the petulance, and all the excuses of wrong position, miserable side, not given a chance count for absolutely nothing. If the Rotherham deal isn't already done, he may well have cost himself a deal for next season.

Good to see two young lads come on towards the end. There's promise there. The future's bright, and it will be great to see the success of the Youth team being more than just a trip to Notts Forest.

But ultimately the equaliser says it all about us at the moment. Whilst the Vale fans were looking for gaps to invade the pitch, we never gave up at a time we had every reason to do so. On paper, we're seeing out the season and were simply the hosts to the Vale promotion party. Don't tell Keith that :-)
Our House Our Party on 17:30 - Apr 13 with 3903 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Spoilers,spoilers that's what we are.......no Vale party at San Spotty today!

Oh,and bury didn't let us down.
Our House Our Party on 17:36 - Apr 13 with 3828 views442Dale

SCS and Edwards were excellent throughout, the former having his best performance in a Dale shirt. The Pope goal was the only time Edwards got pulled out wide by Hughes and they cashed in at the back post.

Griffith was the best opposition player seen at Spotland this season and credit to our midfield by not wilting, especially as we didn't keep it as well up front today. The Logan sub had a real effect after their goal, which is strange as it was only two minutes from the end but his contribution brought a goal.

For the second time this season though Micky Adams has been shown up as a tactical dope against Dale as his side were continuing to play an expansive game after taking the lead. That equaliser illustrated why idiots shouldn't bounce about on the pitch too, and Mr Hughes' pathetically childish taunts in the tunnel made it even better. It had really got to him.

The only funnier thing would have seeing them celebrate a win and promotion only for tannoy bloke ( no welcome backs for Shuker and Dodds?) to tell them Burton had won and it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Our House Our Party on 17:39 - Apr 13 with 3800 viewsMoonyDale

Thought we were by far the better side second half but my god we been to learn how to defend against crosses. Apart from that I was really impressed with Cav, Kennedy and Hendo who all ran themselves ragged. They were big strong and direct and you wouldn't want to play them every week, Hughes had to be subbed because apart from when he drew 2 defenders then slipped the ball into the vacant space behind for the cross that they drew level from, he did sod all and spent most of the time in the collective pockets of our back line. Grimes was not at the races today and Georgie ran himself into the ground and deserved his ovation, nice to see a couple of youngsters get a run out also. MOM for me was a toss up between Kennedy and Cav, couldn't choose between them to be honest. The look on Kennedy's face when that goal went in was priceless, great team performance today yet again..Bring on Next season.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Our House Our Party on 17:40 - Apr 13 with 3780 viewssandylaner1

RAFC <3

Our House Our Party on 17:41 - Apr 13 with 3765 viewsD_Alien

Great summary and you've made many of the points I was thinking of making on the way home!

A deserved MoM for Cav who for me has shown the biggest improvement of anyone, including Donnelly, since Hill returned; not least because he's no youngster and he could have just decided to wait until the terrible two found their next club. Instead, he looks as committed to the cause and willing to put his body and soul on the line as anyone we've seen in recent years.

Grimes - poor game and dead right, that swing of his boot will I hope have cost him any chance of a place in Hilly's thinking for next season.

All in all, a thoroughly entertaining afternoon. Even if we'd gone down 1-2, we'd have gone down fighting and I'd still have applauded every last man off the pitch. For me though, JK's header became the champagne moment of the season, summing up everything thats great about Dale under Keith Hill.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our House Our Party on 17:42 - Apr 13 with 3764 viewsShun

Great match and a fair result, too. Their number 4 (Griffith?) was excellent. He did the 'Cavanagh' job perfectly. Although our Cavanagh wasn't too bad today either! He deservedly got his MOM award, but I also thought Rafferty shone as an attacking outlet, and Rose played very well too.

Am I right in thinking that at the time they scored they were going up? Northampton lost and Burton were drawing.
Our House Our Party on 17:51 - Apr 13 with 3676 viewsSpotty

I thought it was a brilliant game, that goal from JK summed up a Hill team, never gave up! it was a priceless moment seeing the vacant look on their fans faces.
Our House Our Party on 17:56 - Apr 13 with 3627 viewsRalphs12

When Georgie went off it showed just how much he does for those around him. Cav rightly man of the match, although I thought Phil Edwards was running him close.

And great to see the young lads getting a chance, well done to them.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Our House Our Party on 18:17 - Apr 13 with 3462 viewsboromat

Agree with all the comments. Cav and Kennedy were both valid choices for MOTM, I voted for cav before the goal, I think the goal tipped it in Kennedy's favour for me. Edwards is proving to be a great player. Rose was excellent.

Today we lacked up front a little, mainly because Grimes was off form and they were a very physical team. The pitch didn't help either there were a lot of bobbles that upset shots. Donnelly was quiet early on but then really got into the game and was missed when replaced by Gornell.

Camps looked a good footballer put tackles in and has a nice touch. Logan looks to have a few tricks and as mentioned oddly had an effect on the game in just a couple of minutes.

A good preseason will see these youngsters come on leaps and bounds. I think we may see quite a young squad next season with 7ish youngsters going on the summer camp.

Looking forward to Monday there are a few Vale fans at work :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Our House Our Party on 19:41 - Apr 13 with 3215 viewsRAFC1907

Somebody said to me Port Vale are a crap team.

My response was it's not that their crap it's the fact we Rochdale are now very good.

Vale are a very pyhsical side who have a couple of pacy players that will cause any team trouble but we matched them today and even shaded them in terms of possesion and shots on target.

Keith Hills barmy army.

Poll: Bottomley...

Our House Our Party on 19:44 - Apr 13 with 3191 viewsSalwaDale

They area very good bottom division side, shown by the fact they've been right up there all season.

We matched them everywhere today. A very, very even game.

TBBT

Our House Our Party on 19:52 - Apr 13 with 3140 viewsSpotty

Our House Our Party on 19:44 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

They area very good bottom division side, shown by the fact they've been right up there all season.

We matched them everywhere today. A very, very even game.

Effective and unattractive pretty much sums Vale up, but we never shirked a challenge, and fought them right to the end, fully deserving of a point at the least.
Our House Our Party on 20:23 - Apr 13 with 3062 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought the two differences between the two sides were height and physicality. They were a very physical side and I thought that first half especially, they were really getting stuck into us and we had to come out stronger second half, which we did. I didn't think there was anything better technically from Port Vale.

I like Phil Edwards and I like Shane Cansdell-Sheriff, both have been impressive this season and Big Phil especially has been fantastic for the past few months. That said, it cannot be ignored that we look like we're going to concede from every corner we face and I put that down to a lack of height at the back. We've managed well with it but I get the impression we're gonna struggle against the bigger sides.

Aside from that I thought we were fantastic. Cavanagh was immense, JK was superb second half and I saw a visible difference from him in terms of aggression and determination. He was like a man possessed second half and it was brilliant to watch.

I was also really impressed with Michael Rose and Phil Edwards produced his usual high level performance. Rose has a wand of a left peg and he's another chance of a goal from a set piece. He'll chip in with goals and assists as well as being a good defender. He'd be one of the first people I sign up for next season. Edwards has been fantastic for weeks and he dealt really well with the scumbag. Also a mention for young Rafferty who had a big job today and did really well. Shane the Sherrif had one of his best games in a Dale shirt today and although all our defenders had good games, we're still likely to concede from set pieces.

I did think that when Donnelly went off, we lacked that energy up front and Gornell was quite frustrating to watch because you wanted him to chase everything like GD9 had done and he wasn't. Grimes was quite ineffective and I was calling for him to come off a few minutes before he did but could only see that Callum Camps played that role so was apprehensive a tad but the boy did ok on a tough pitch. It will certainly be a learning curve for him.

Onto the pitch, I think there's some work to do on it because today, it was a mess. No disrespect to the groundsman at all but our pitch is suffering from a bad winter and it will hinder us massively if we can't sort it during the summer.

Anyway, I've not celebrated a goal like that in a while, brilliant scenes at the end when they were running on the pitch and celebrating like they'd won promotion, only for JK to bend them over.

It's OUR House, It's OUR party!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Our House Our Party on 20:38 - Apr 13 with 3017 viewsSandyman

So many good points made here. Seen two of the best visiting players today from PV, especially their No 4 - and the worst - the murderer was pathetic. As useless a footballer today as he is a disgrace of a human being. Yes you Lee Hughes. Sue me.

Phil Edwards defended like a lion, Cav (mostly) did his bit, Hendo had more brains than the entire PV side and is an absolute must signing for next season for me. The joy of today, and the last three games is how we have become so organised, competitive and effective - the results and performances speak for themselves, and that is surely down to KH.

As for a substantial amount of their fans, retards.

UP THE DALE - proud of the team and the club

(PS ha ha bury :D)
Our House Our Party on 21:15 - Apr 13 with 2945 viewsYouTubeDale

With our performances of late under Hill, we made sure they didn't shit in our back yard.

I would have given MOM to Kennedy. His interceptions/battling and running with the ball was a real joy to watch. As Hill said after the match he is getting back to his best again. His injury made him even more competitive in the air.

Logan knows nothing else than running towards the opposition. He is relentless in that respect. He has pace and trickery with the ball and it was his tenacity, wanting to hurt the opposition which ultimately gave us a much deserved point, he even tugged at his Dale badge at the end. Worth much more than a point was the abrupt hush of the ecstatic Vale crowd a moment earlier. That goal by Kennedy from his blooded bonce was worth a £million.

And so the momentum Hill has built up keeps gathering and the feel good factor is becoming a feel great factor. Hopefully it will rub off in terms of increased season ticket sales.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Our House Our Party on 21:20 - Apr 13 with 2915 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Our House Our Party on 21:15 - Apr 13 by YouTubeDale

With our performances of late under Hill, we made sure they didn't shit in our back yard.

I would have given MOM to Kennedy. His interceptions/battling and running with the ball was a real joy to watch. As Hill said after the match he is getting back to his best again. His injury made him even more competitive in the air.

Logan knows nothing else than running towards the opposition. He is relentless in that respect. He has pace and trickery with the ball and it was his tenacity, wanting to hurt the opposition which ultimately gave us a much deserved point, he even tugged at his Dale badge at the end. Worth much more than a point was the abrupt hush of the ecstatic Vale crowd a moment earlier. That goal by Kennedy from his blooded bonce was worth a £million.

And so the momentum Hill has built up keeps gathering and the feel good factor is becoming a feel great factor. Hopefully it will rub off in terms of increased season ticket sales.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!

This taken from the Port Vale forum

"gutted but on to next saturday and what should be a day to remember. rochdale just try and bully teams and to watch them is horrible lucky for us griff purse chilvers yates and hughes were having none of it. the fans were out of this world today what an atmosphere cant wait for the 20th"

Unbelievable how people see things so differently.
Our House Our Party on 21:22 - Apr 13 with 2897 viewsAtThePeake

Our House Our Party on 21:20 - Apr 13 by jimmysbaldhead

"gutted but on to next saturday and what should be a day to remember. rochdale just try and bully teams and to watch them is horrible lucky for us griff purse chilvers yates and hughes were having none of it. the fans were out of this world today what an atmosphere cant wait for the 20th"

Or how blinkered some people can be.

Port Vale are the most physical side I've seen us play all season actually.

Tangled up in blue.

Our House Our Party on 21:23 - Apr 13 with 2891 viewsmiddale

I can't quite believe people are saying this was a good game! Yes the end was exciting but there was far too much aimless hoofing, misplaced passing on a bumpy pitch and a whistle-happy ref. We were resilient, but overall that wasn't my idea of entertainment.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Our House Our Party on 21:25 - Apr 13 with 2871 views442Dale

It wasn't a footballing classic, but it was a good battle and involved both teams going for the win. The hoofing was very basic but understandable at times, and it doesn't mean a game can't be enjoyable. But all about opinions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Our House Our Party on 21:27 - Apr 13 with 2858 viewsStudiousDale

Our House Our Party on 21:20 - Apr 13 by jimmysbaldhead

I had that quote copied ready to paste it on here but you beat me to it.

Great performance by Dale today, nothing really to add to what's been said already.

No4 for them had a great game but I felt he could have seen red for the two-footed tackle on Henderson in the first half. Bobby was quiet today, and once again impressed by the improvement in Donnelly. Much better having him in that centre forward role battling and harrassing than out wide where he has a bit more time on the ball (and for things to go wrong!)
Our House Our Party on 21:28 - Apr 13 with 2851 viewsMass_Debater

Our House Our Party on 21:22 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

Or how blinkered some people can be.

Port Vale are the most physical side I've seen us play all season actually.

They're basing it on the game down there when they cocked it up again.
Our House Our Party on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 2847 viewsStudiousDale

And one more thing - great atmosphere today in the Pearl Street
Our House Our Party on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 2837 viewsColDale

Our House Our Party on 21:27 - Apr 13 by StudiousDale

I had that quote copied ready to paste it on here but you beat me to it.

Great performance by Dale today, nothing really to add to what's been said already.

No4 for them had a great game but I felt he could have seen red for the two-footed tackle on Henderson in the first half. Bobby was quiet today, and once again impressed by the improvement in Donnelly. Much better having him in that centre forward role battling and harrassing than out wide where he has a bit more time on the ball (and for things to go wrong!)

on the subject of Bobby Grant, well done to him for avoiding getting to the ten yellow cards. Ten games on the trot for him without picking up a card. That would have been unthinkable at one stage.
Our House Our Party on 21:31 - Apr 13 with 2826 viewsTalkingSutty

Our House Our Party on 20:23 - Apr 13 by ChaffRAFC

Thought the two differences between the two sides were height and physicality. They were a very physical side and I thought that first half especially, they were really getting stuck into us and we had to come out stronger second half, which we did. I didn't think there was anything better technically from Port Vale.

I like Phil Edwards and I like Shane Cansdell-Sheriff, both have been impressive this season and Big Phil especially has been fantastic for the past few months. That said, it cannot be ignored that we look like we're going to concede from every corner we face and I put that down to a lack of height at the back. We've managed well with it but I get the impression we're gonna struggle against the bigger sides.

Aside from that I thought we were fantastic. Cavanagh was immense, JK was superb second half and I saw a visible difference from him in terms of aggression and determination. He was like a man possessed second half and it was brilliant to watch.

I was also really impressed with Michael Rose and Phil Edwards produced his usual high level performance. Rose has a wand of a left peg and he's another chance of a goal from a set piece. He'll chip in with goals and assists as well as being a good defender. He'd be one of the first people I sign up for next season. Edwards has been fantastic for weeks and he dealt really well with the scumbag. Also a mention for young Rafferty who had a big job today and did really well. Shane the Sherrif had one of his best games in a Dale shirt today and although all our defenders had good games, we're still likely to concede from set pieces.

I did think that when Donnelly went off, we lacked that energy up front and Gornell was quite frustrating to watch because you wanted him to chase everything like GD9 had done and he wasn't. Grimes was quite ineffective and I was calling for him to come off a few minutes before he did but could only see that Callum Camps played that role so was apprehensive a tad but the boy did ok on a tough pitch. It will certainly be a learning curve for him.

Onto the pitch, I think there's some work to do on it because today, it was a mess. No disrespect to the groundsman at all but our pitch is suffering from a bad winter and it will hinder us massively if we can't sort it during the summer.

Anyway, I've not celebrated a goal like that in a while, brilliant scenes at the end when they were running on the pitch and celebrating like they'd won promotion, only for JK to bend them over.

It's OUR House, It's OUR party!

Your point about the lack of height in the centre of our defence is spot on and it came home to roost not only in todays game but also the Southend match on Wednesday.

Both Edwards and SCS are fine defenders but if the opposition get the delivery right from set pieces into our box its obvious we cant compete against taller players.

Its not always possible to push out and defend and Hilly must look to bring some much needed height in during the close season.
Our House Our Party on 21:37 - Apr 13 with 2799 viewsD_Alien

Our House Our Party on 21:23 - Apr 13 by middale

I can't quite believe people are saying this was a good game! Yes the end was exciting but there was far too much aimless hoofing, misplaced passing on a bumpy pitch and a whistle-happy ref. We were resilient, but overall that wasn't my idea of entertainment.

Not having a go here middale, but it sounds like the type of comment that an armchair premiership watcher might make. Not saying that's what you are, but that's the type of thing you hear from them!

Today was the very lifeblood of watching lower league football. What was lacking in refined technique was made up for with sheer atmospheric drama. If it could be put in a bottle, I'd do so and take it with me to every game!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024