Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virgin media ................... 21:46 - Aug 15 with 6273 viewsStanisgod

.............have just given me B.T. Sport free of charge. I don't know whether to or
Mind you the wife's quite pleased theres an extra 38 games now to watch

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Virgin media ................... on 22:02 - Aug 15 with 4754 viewsNorthernr

As opposed to BT who, two and a half months in, still haven't managed to get my BT Sport working on their own equipment. Did get to spend 70 minutes on the phone to a nice Indian call centre last night the upshot of which was not only did I not have BT Sport, but my broadband was broken as well.

Useless cnts.
Virgin media ................... on 22:02 - Aug 15 with 4752 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm well chuffed with this. Not for the football. F**k that.

But they've got the UFC rights now so BLEEEEE!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Virgin media ................... on 22:36 - Aug 15 with 4661 viewsStanisgod

Virgin media ................... on 22:02 - Aug 15 by Northernr

As opposed to BT who, two and a half months in, still haven't managed to get my BT Sport working on their own equipment. Did get to spend 70 minutes on the phone to a nice Indian call centre last night the upshot of which was not only did I not have BT Sport, but my broadband was broken as well.

Useless cnts.

unconnected but how do I get rid of that pencil on my posts ?

Virgin media ................... on 22:57 - Aug 15 with 4585 viewsLblock

Useless cnts.

Dont.... just dont!

I relented and signed up for BTS via Sky and they've kindly set up two accounts for me and are sending me two bills.
Today I was on the blower to them for 2 hours and 3 minutes.

It was only humour that kept me going.
I suddenly realised the fella from Mumbai was easier to understand than the cancellations bird in Glasgow that I got transferred to!!!

Nice to see Sky with competition and they do seem to have upped their game but I'm already finding too hammy and force fed.

The game will eat itself and I'm feeding it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Virgin media ................... on 23:03 - Aug 15 with 4565 viewsKevinPR

Useless cnts.

I've got the full BT package and it was all fine until I upgraded to Infinity.

Now I need to disconnect and reconnect multiple device in my house in order to keep receiving wifi.

I was with BT before Infinity and had no complaints at all.

Now?

Hmmmm...
Virgin media ................... on 23:13 - Aug 15 with 4535 viewsNorthernr

Virgin media ................... on 22:57 - Aug 15 by Lblock

Dont.... just dont!

I relented and signed up for BTS via Sky and they've kindly set up two accounts for me and are sending me two bills.
Today I was on the blower to them for 2 hours and 3 minutes.

It was only humour that kept me going.
I suddenly realised the fella from Mumbai was easier to understand than the cancellations bird in Glasgow that I got transferred to!!!

Nice to see Sky with competition and they do seem to have upped their game but I'm already finding too hammy and force fed.

The game will eat itself and I'm feeding it.

I think, as far as I can tell, my issue is that if you have a YouView box (which is what they sent me) it takes the BT Sport channel via the broadband. To do that it needs to be connected physically to the back of the home hub for the signal to be strong enough.

That would be fine, except the feckless engineer they sent to install my home hub and TV in the first place first of all said it wasn't his job to set up the TV and I'd have to do that myself, and second of all said that my main telephone socket was in the kitchen not the living room. He said that was "easy enough to change" but would "take him some time" and then proceeded to tell me how BT paid him by the job and he had a dozen other appointments that day.

Having told them when I signed up, and told the engineer when he walked in, that we were signing up for the football channels he knew that having my home hub in the kitchen and my YouView box in the other room would be a problem eventually, but of course he wanted to be done quickly so he assured me it would be no problem, did it and left.

70 minutes of pidgin English from the clueless Indian last night and the upshot was I can either run a cable through my flat to the home hub in the kitchen - totally, toally impractical and would result in my having a cable permanently going across the middle of my tiled kitchen floor. Or they can send an engineer around to do what the first engineer should have done in the first place - but for that I would have to pay a £99 call out charge.

I told him he could stick both those fcking options and come up with something better. His something better was to try and run BT Sport into my box via my wireless connection which then quickly knackered the internet connection to not only the box, but also both the laptops in the flat as well.

He then engaged in a bizarre practice where he would just go silent and breathe down the phone for 10-15 minutes at a time until I asked "do you mind if I ask what you're doing now?" and he would say something deliberately stupid like "so you want the BT Sport channels?" or "so it's a YouView box you have is it?" which in the end I got him to admit was a ploy to get me to hang up because if the cable and £99 options were out he didn't know what else he could do for me so he just tried to frustrate me into hanging up. Which eventually I did.

I've taken to bullying them on Twitter now. TBH I'd like to cancel the contract and just sign up with Sky which is what I should have done if I wasn't penny pinching. To do that though apparently I have to pay £300 for the home hub and the YouView box.

Cnts. Total total total cnts.
Virgin media ................... on 23:22 - Aug 15 with 4516 viewsStanisgod

Virgin media ................... on 23:13 - Aug 15 by Northernr

I think, as far as I can tell, my issue is that if you have a YouView box (which is what they sent me) it takes the BT Sport channel via the broadband. To do that it needs to be connected physically to the back of the home hub for the signal to be strong enough.

That would be fine, except the feckless engineer they sent to install my home hub and TV in the first place first of all said it wasn't his job to set up the TV and I'd have to do that myself, and second of all said that my main telephone socket was in the kitchen not the living room. He said that was "easy enough to change" but would "take him some time" and then proceeded to tell me how BT paid him by the job and he had a dozen other appointments that day.

Having told them when I signed up, and told the engineer when he walked in, that we were signing up for the football channels he knew that having my home hub in the kitchen and my YouView box in the other room would be a problem eventually, but of course he wanted to be done quickly so he assured me it would be no problem, did it and left.

70 minutes of pidgin English from the clueless Indian last night and the upshot was I can either run a cable through my flat to the home hub in the kitchen - totally, toally impractical and would result in my having a cable permanently going across the middle of my tiled kitchen floor. Or they can send an engineer around to do what the first engineer should have done in the first place - but for that I would have to pay a £99 call out charge.

I told him he could stick both those fcking options and come up with something better. His something better was to try and run BT Sport into my box via my wireless connection which then quickly knackered the internet connection to not only the box, but also both the laptops in the flat as well.

He then engaged in a bizarre practice where he would just go silent and breathe down the phone for 10-15 minutes at a time until I asked "do you mind if I ask what you're doing now?" and he would say something deliberately stupid like "so you want the BT Sport channels?" or "so it's a YouView box you have is it?" which in the end I got him to admit was a ploy to get me to hang up because if the cable and £99 options were out he didn't know what else he could do for me so he just tried to frustrate me into hanging up. Which eventually I did.

I've taken to bullying them on Twitter now. TBH I'd like to cancel the contract and just sign up with Sky which is what I should have done if I wasn't penny pinching. To do that though apparently I have to pay £300 for the home hub and the YouView box.

YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT MY PENCIL ?

Virgin media ................... on 23:40 - Aug 15 with 4486 viewsNorthernr

Virgin media ................... on 23:22 - Aug 15 by Stanisgod

YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT MY PENCIL ?

Ooh sorry - yes that's how you edit a post now, by clicking the pencil. It won't go away.
Login to get fewer ads

Virgin media ................... on 23:50 - Aug 15 with 4472 viewsStanisgod

Virgin media ................... on 23:40 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Ooh sorry - yes that's how you edit a post now, by clicking the pencil. It won't go away.

Virgin media ................... on 00:07 - Aug 16 with 4455 viewshooper1957

Virgin media ................... on 23:50 - Aug 15 by Stanisgod

don't use it to edit that post though you were spot on
Virgin media ................... on 01:16 - Aug 16 with 4416 viewsQPR1882

A friend of mine left BT because of the shit service he was getting from them. He signed up for infinity 2 and when he received a letter from BT telling him he would get 45m speed, the words ' up to ' were never used ( check the letter you got ). When the broadband was installed he never got more then 33-35 m speeds, but was happy with that.

After a problem or 2 he got pissed off with them and decided enough was enough, he phoned BT up to tell them they could stick there contract up there arse, IT WAS POINTED OUT THAT HE WAS ONLY 3 MONTHS INTO A 18 MONTH CONTRACT. He stopped all payments to BT and received a nasty letter from them threatening leagal action if he never payed.

He replyed to them with a photo copy of the letter they sent him saying he will get 45m and told them that if they pursued him any longer he would get in touch with a lawyer to take action against BT for breech of contract because he only ever received a max of 35m and not the 45m.

That was a while ago now and he has not heard a word from them since.
Virgin media ................... on 02:15 - Aug 16 with 4392 viewsDeano19766

Virgin media ................... on 01:16 - Aug 16 by QPR1882

A friend of mine left BT because of the shit service he was getting from them. He signed up for infinity 2 and when he received a letter from BT telling him he would get 45m speed, the words ' up to ' were never used ( check the letter you got ). When the broadband was installed he never got more then 33-35 m speeds, but was happy with that.

After a problem or 2 he got pissed off with them and decided enough was enough, he phoned BT up to tell them they could stick there contract up there arse, IT WAS POINTED OUT THAT HE WAS ONLY 3 MONTHS INTO A 18 MONTH CONTRACT. He stopped all payments to BT and received a nasty letter from them threatening leagal action if he never payed.

He replyed to them with a photo copy of the letter they sent him saying he will get 45m and told them that if they pursued him any longer he would get in touch with a lawyer to take action against BT for breech of contract because he only ever received a max of 35m and not the 45m.

That was a while ago now and he has not heard a word from them since.

Oh, and the Premiershite isn't such a bad thing is it lads? What a joke. I hope we go down again this year, TF fcuks off with his overpayments to a bunch of wmker players, and we can get back to some real football
Virgin media ................... on 08:02 - Aug 16 with 4275 viewsNorthernr

Virgin media ................... on 02:15 - Aug 16 by Deano19766

Oh, and the Premiershite isn't such a bad thing is it lads? What a joke. I hope we go down again this year, TF fcuks off with his overpayments to a bunch of wmker players, and we can get back to some real football

How is this of any relevance to this thread?
Virgin media ................... on 08:12 - Aug 16 with 4249 viewsNorthLondonR

If it helps I'm also with virgin, turned the box on to reveal espn back as well as bt sport 1, 2 and 1hd and 2 hd in full technicolor........ A night of watching Jamaica vs Guyana in the Caribbean T20 followed all for free!

Hope that helped?
Virgin media ................... on 08:28 - Aug 16 with 4216 viewswombat

Virgin media ................... on 08:02 - Aug 16 by Northernr

How is this of any relevance to this thread?

clive where the little thing saying how many posts youve made has gone

used to like watching my life ebb away slowly with every post made

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Virgin media ................... on 08:29 - Aug 16 with 4217 viewssimmo

Virgin are the biggest woman chasms of all. I swallowed a £180 cancellation fee just to be rid of them. Eeked out the payments for nearly 2 years though, in the end it got down to £15 and they just said, that'll do.

For BT Sport we just rang sky, spoke to a scotsman for 5 minutes who then suggested ringing us back to save on the bill, then it took 10 mins and some exchanging of information and voila. Think it is £14 a month though, but fck it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Virgin media ................... on 09:20 - Aug 16 with 4145 viewsjonno

Virgin media ................... on 08:12 - Aug 16 by NorthLondonR

If it helps I'm also with virgin, turned the box on to reveal espn back as well as bt sport 1, 2 and 1hd and 2 hd in full technicolor........ A night of watching Jamaica vs Guyana in the Caribbean T20 followed all for free!

Hope that helped?

Yes, I am with Virgin and also appear to have those channels. Not that they bothered to tell me!
Virgin media ................... on 09:24 - Aug 16 with 4131 viewsSuffolkHoop

Virgin media ................... on 09:20 - Aug 16 by jonno

Yes, I am with Virgin and also appear to have those channels. Not that they bothered to tell me!

I'm a Virgin Media customer with Sky Sports and Sky Movies but they haven't given me BT Sport yet? What line did you guys use?
Virgin media ................... on 09:29 - Aug 16 with 4120 viewsToast_R

Virgin media ................... on 09:24 - Aug 16 by SuffolkHoop

I'm a Virgin Media customer with Sky Sports and Sky Movies but they haven't given me BT Sport yet? What line did you guys use?

You need to be on the XL TV package to get it for free otherwise you have to pay for it.

If your not, it's probably worth signing up for XL to be included, might be cheaper then just adding the BT & ESPN Channels and you'll get a few more channels to boot.
Virgin media ................... on 09:31 - Aug 16 with 4117 viewspomanjou

I RANG VIGIN A FEW DAYS AGO WHO SAID something was 'in the pipeline' . Voila!

First I lose ESPN, then I gain BT Sports x 2 and ESPN comes back on. All for free. WOW.

And its superfast broadband. You get what you pay for.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Virgin media ................... on 09:33 - Aug 16 with 4113 viewsjonno

Yes, I have the "full package" (whatever that means). Not that I ever bother watching 99% of the channels - that includes PL football and movies. I do like the cricket test matches though.
Virgin media ................... on 09:44 - Aug 16 with 4100 viewsPhildo

They gave me a plug extender thing which might solve your problem. You plug the thing into a socket near the homehub and run a cable from the hub to that. Then you plug another one into near the youview box and do the same and it acts as a bridge thought the wiring - ie not wireless. They gave me that kit for free. Because they were giving the youview box away free I took it for the bedroom and have sky downstairs. I have not risked adding btsports onto sky yet as a lot of people seem to have problems with that - my brother was threatening to murder someone about that the other day and there seem to be a few on here who feel the same.
Virgin media ................... on 10:21 - Aug 16 with 4063 viewspomanjou

I'm thinking of leaving you lot usually focuses the minds of the moneygrabbers.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Virgin media ................... on 10:34 - Aug 16 with 4044 viewstoboboly

I'm thinking of reporting BT to trading standards. On their advert and through Jake "shitballs" Humphreys mouth they say you just need to have BT broadband to get the sport for free. I even got a sober person to double check it for me. However when I went online they said it is actually BT infinity that you need.

Lying cnts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Virgin media ................... on 10:36 - Aug 16 with 4043 viewsmakaveli1882

a little box flashed up yesterday on the screen to say I had it as I have the same package then you should already have the channels

think its 527
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024