Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more signings 11:20 - Aug 21 with 1801 viewsWestbourneR

If we don't manage to get anyone else in (and it seems very quiet right now) do you think the squad has enough to maintain a challenge for the top two?

I think we're badly thin in the wide positions, lack spark in the middle, need another striker, possibly two full backs and a reserve centre half.

MORE BLOOD.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

No more signings on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 1775 viewsJigsore

implying Harry Redknapp won't be active on deadline day? lol

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

No more signings on 12:07 - Aug 21 with 1699 viewsActonR

Agreed. Think Rednapp has made us quite a solid looking outfit over the summer with some sturdy buys. But what we really need now is a sprinkling of stardust. I've always thought that to stand the best chance of getting out of this league you usually need that one player who is just got too much quality for this level aka Merson at Boro and Pompey, berkovic at man city, taarbat for us last time, et al.

Barton certainly has been excellent as has Junior but think we really need a little bit more quality in the attacking third. Think someone like Oussama Assaidi or Phillips would be a good starter. We also need a striker with good movement and excellent track record, as fear how many games we are going to get out of Johnson; becchio would be excellent addition for this role.

Agreed regarding needing a left back and an athletic center half.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2013 12:09]
No more signings on 12:14 - Aug 21 with 1666 viewsShackletonR

It has gone a bit quiet, normally a different player every day linked with us every day, perhaps Harry's put call barring on all agents phones.

I think we only need a striker and left back then that should see us through too the January window when hopefully we will be top of the league and buy as needed to push on.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

No more signings on 12:17 - Aug 21 with 1653 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think Harry is doing a good job. (I wasn't sure at first)

I'd be very surprised if no one else comes in but if not it's not the end of the world.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

No more signings on 12:20 - Aug 21 with 1639 viewsRblockPrior

we will 100% get at least two players in on loan from prem clubs, hopefully they turn out to be as productive as walker and routledge

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

No more signings on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 1569 viewsdaveB

We'll sign more players imo, the current squad is good enough for the playoffs but for me not as strong as Wigan, Forest, Reading or Watford.
No more signings on 12:36 - Aug 21 with 1554 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't think we're in bad shape in defence or midfield (I'm happy to stick with Green in goal too) but we need strikers.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

No more signings on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 1538 viewsLoft1979

Disagree. I think there are alot of players to be had. And I think we all know Harry has the side peaked to return WITHOUT the bad apples. As said above Wayne Routledge was fantastic at QPR and easily a stupid decision to let him go to Swansea. Every year since we have looked for a winger when we had a good one. Anyway, I think several teams will have excess players they will loan, and I still think assaidi, will be one.
Login to get fewer ads

No more signings on 12:44 - Aug 21 with 1513 viewsisawqpratwcity

No more signings on 12:36 - Aug 21 by Bluce_Ree

I don't think we're in bad shape in defence or midfield (I'm happy to stick with Green in goal too) but we need strikers.

Agreed. We are definitely two strikers short of a squad. Didn't last Saturday show that? (And no offense intended to Hitchcock.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

No more signings on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 1497 viewsbosh67

Don't write off signings yet.

Also loan signings.

Wouldn't be surprised if we do find ourselves with players like Sharp and Townsend in on season loans. They are still looking at the loan of the Liverpool lad and a few others.

Although HR was quick to say he had to have youngsters on the bench because there was no one else we do have players like Hitchcock, Sutherland etc now knocking on the first team door. Hitchcock didn't for a moment look out of his depth on his debut. Quite the opposite.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No more signings on 12:53 - Aug 21 with 1474 viewsbaz_qpr

I dont think we are a championship winning side, and only a couple of injuries and we are very thin, obviously we have loans etc. I think we need a Crouch or Cole and a winger minimum
No more signings on 13:02 - Aug 21 with 1436 viewsisawqpratwcity

No more signings on 12:48 - Aug 21 by bosh67

Don't write off signings yet.

Also loan signings.

Wouldn't be surprised if we do find ourselves with players like Sharp and Townsend in on season loans. They are still looking at the loan of the Liverpool lad and a few others.

Although HR was quick to say he had to have youngsters on the bench because there was no one else we do have players like Hitchcock, Sutherland etc now knocking on the first team door. Hitchcock didn't for a moment look out of his depth on his debut. Quite the opposite.

Again, no offense to TH, but he was on for, what, ten minutes? Up til then we had BZ as sole striker, ffs!

Harry (or maybe Tony?) left us short of strikers last January and we spent the rest of the season wondering if we were ever, ever, going to score again.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

No more signings on 13:11 - Aug 21 with 1402 viewsadhoc_qpr

We have 2 and half senior strikers excluding kids like Hitchcock and Skapetis (who are completely unknown quantities).

Injuries are inevitable (especially with AJ and Zamora) so we NEED at least 1 more striker.

Centre back with have Onouha, Hill, Dunne, Magri and Ehmer which is pretty thin and could do with another body in.

Everywhere else we can get by barring a big injury crisis - left back we have Suk Young, Traore (just), Hill and Simpson or Luke Young at a push for example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024