Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread 13:15 - Sep 25 with 55218 viewsjackharris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24140580

[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 13:45]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:34 - Sep 25 with 2322 viewsJackFish

First half was OK, they didn't really trouble us and we while we been ahead at half time. Second half we just didn't put the effort in and they did, simple as that. Exactly the same as Shrewsbury two years ago and Havant when Martinez was manager. The team we put out was definitely too enough to beat them, but you're not going to beat anyone with a complete lack of effort.

Would have been nice to have another cup run but we've got more important matches coming up.
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:38 - Sep 25 with 2290 viewsepaul

On way back from game tbh it was the level of performance from some so called squad players and now that worries me

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:38 - Sep 25 with 2276 views3swan

Before I read any of the thread. My thoughts

It was the cup so to some it doesn't matter.

Well in my eyes that was a gutless spineless performance from so called professionals. Only Leon can hold his head up.

We stood/walked our way through the first half with no real urgency, but could have destroyed a poor Birmingham side out of sight if we had shown any passion for the game.

Second half we handed it to them on a plate. We tried so many one/two passes that didn't come off down the middle of a packed defence when there was acres of space on the wings. Totally unbalanced team selection.
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:40 - Sep 25 with 2265 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:38 - Sep 25 by epaul

On way back from game tbh it was the level of performance from some so called squad players and now that worries me

Come on then mate name names get it out in the open could be good therapy for us all
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:44 - Sep 25 with 2218 viewsWatchman

Congrats Brum hope you go on and win it.

Far bigger things for us to concentrate on this season. One whole week to prepare now for the SWD

I am sure there will be a public rant of sorts and will keep the dragon media happy for a few days

Arsenal on Sat is far far far more important

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:47 - Sep 25 with 2178 viewsChief

I feel quite nostalgic going out of cups in the early rounds. this was the way it used to be

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:48 - Sep 25 with 2168 viewsjacabertawe

Laudrup (on Club site): "“With the number of chances we created, we should have scored more,” said the Swansea boss.
“We paid the price of that, because I don’t think I would be very wrong when I say we could have been four up at half-time.
“We create a lot of chances every game, but you have to score."
Says it all. And, yes, I wanted us to win and continue in the Cup.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:48 - Sep 25 with 2163 viewsLaudrup

It would have been home against Stoke in the next round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Football_League_Cup#Fourth_round

Fourth round draw

The draw for the fourth round took place on 25 September 2013. All ties to be played during the week commencing 28 October 2013. Birmingham City, Burnley and Leicester City are the only teams outside of the Premier League left in the competition, all three compete in the Championship.

Sunderland (1) vs. Southampton (1)
Leicester City (2) vs. Fulham (1)
Birmingham City (2) vs. Stoke City (1)
Manchester United (1) vs. Norwich City (1)
Burnley (2) vs. West Ham United (1)
Arsenal (1) vs. Chelsea (1)
Tottenham Hotspur (1) vs. Hull City (1)
Newcastle United (1) vs. Manchester City (1)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 23:06]

I hate signatures

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:50 - Sep 25 with 2147 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I see West Brom lost to Arsenal on penalties and Sinclair didn't take one.

Serves them right.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:09 - Sep 25 with 2040 viewsepaul

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:40 - Sep 25 by GeoffThom

Come on then mate name names get it out in the open could be good therapy for us all

I did text max our player ratings, not good ave score per player from 3 of us at the game

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:11 - Sep 25 with 2022 viewsDarran

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:09 - Sep 25 by epaul

I did text max our player ratings, not good ave score per player from 3 of us at the game

It must be one of the sorriest things you've ever done giving Max your number,I speak from experience.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:15 - Sep 25 with 1995 viewsmax936

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:11 - Sep 25 by Darran

It must be one of the sorriest things you've ever done giving Max your number,I speak from experience.

fuk you wurzel

I just send you the jokes, Paul texts me
[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 23:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:36 - Sep 25 with 1926 viewsstenergut

What a humongous screw-up.
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:41 - Sep 25 with 1906 viewsJack123

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:36 - Sep 25 by stenergut

What a humongous screw-up.

It's a tinpot cup, anyway! Who really gives two fu*ks?

libera nos a malo

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:42 - Sep 25 with 1904 viewsstenergut

How are you guys going to quality for europe next year?
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:46 - Sep 25 with 1877 viewsJack123

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:42 - Sep 25 by stenergut

Why not shove your head up your as*, and fuc* off to another boad hombre..

libera nos a malo

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:48 - Sep 25 with 1866 viewsChief

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:42 - Sep 25 by stenergut

how are you going to qualify for Europe next year?

we Have Arsenal on Saturday and a European match next Thursday. Hows your fixture list looking?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 23:52]

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:49 - Sep 25 with 1860 viewsgrimsbyjack

Thank goodness we lost tonight.
Let`s get over it !!

Let`s now concentrate on the Premier League. This is our "Bread and Butter" This higher up this League we go, the monetary income and fame we`ll gain.

Bring on Cardiff City.!!
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:49 - Sep 25 with 1856 viewsJoeSoccerFan

I guess we'll "quality" by winning the FA cup or finishing in the top 5 in the PL. Then, again I'll relish this year's Europa League rather than worrying about next year.
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:50 - Sep 25 with 1849 viewsstenergut

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:46 - Sep 25 by Jack123

Why not shove your head up your as*, and fuc* off to another boad hombre..

No answer. Figured.
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:53 - Sep 25 with 1841 viewsChief

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:50 - Sep 25 by stenergut

No answer. Figured.

how are you going to qualify for Europe next year? we Have Arsenal on Saturday and a European match next Thursday. Hows your fixture list looking?

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:56 - Sep 25 with 1827 viewsepaul

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:11 - Sep 25 by Darran

To be fair to max the first responseI alwsys get is whos this as he keeps deleting my new no and keeps my old one lol

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:56 - Sep 25 with 1825 viewsJack123

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:50 - Sep 25 by stenergut

No answer. Figured.

I really hope you stub your toe on the way too bed, you little wind up twer, now F U C K O F F

libera nos a malo

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 23:56 - Sep 25 with 1822 viewsChief

No answer. Figured.

No answer. Figured.

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 00:01 - Sep 26 with 1806 viewsjudgejonevs

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 22:31 - Sep 25 by GeoffThom

Put it this way if we'd lost to another prem side fair enough if we'd lost to a top champ side fair enough but this lot are crap and the side we put out on paper should have done them but I'm going to say it sounds like our forwards were crap

Geoff with the greatest respect, you say you are over half a century old but your post do not reflect this you have bound to have seen cup upsets in your time watching the swans both for and against our beloved team. This isn't the first upset nor will it be the last, we had no divine right to beat Birmingham tonight and the day we start to believe that then we are in trouble. We didn't take our chances when we were on top and we paid for that, does that make us a worse team than before the 90 mins it didn't in league two, league one or the championship and certainly not now. I am disappointed we lost tonight but season defining moment it was not. We lost a game in a competition we have no guarantee of winning. Like someone posted earlier it took us 100 years to win a major trophy. I understand we are disappointed but some of the comments from some onhere are simply laughable. For those who have watched the swans for a period of time tonight should not be a surprise. Havent and Waterlooville.!!!

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024