Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible season 23:49 - Nov 23 with 23768 viewsmarchamjack

10th in the Premier League one place behind Man City. Laudrup out.

Some people on here need to wise up and grow a pair and stop the pathetic moaning ffs. Last few weeks have been embarrassing from some. Only happy when we're not winning. Rant over. Gonna finish my whiskey and go to bed

Talk of relegation shows total lack of any understanding of how good our team is and frankly how poor more than 3 of our rivals are. Fckn muppets.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Terrible season on 11:28 - Nov 24 with 1201 viewsDarran

Terrible season on 11:22 - Nov 24 by Parlay

But i havent ignored any wins. The bad form clearly started after the Newcastle match the week after lifting the cup.

Since february, the last 30 games, we have been well below average. I dont understand what is difficult to understand about that.

Prior to the last 2 games we have continued in this vain. That seems like a perfectly reasonable trend to me and a perfectly reasonable cause for concern.

If you were going to buy a striker who scored 30 last term and then 1 the next... would it be fair to think there is concern behind the form of the last 25 games or would you think that 31 in 2 seasons is good so sign him up for top dollar?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 11:25]

Why the f*ck do you keep mentioning February Dimi its irrelevant.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Terrible season on 11:28 - Nov 24 with 1199 viewsdgt73

Terrible season on 09:40 - Nov 24 by Stanners

100% spot on

I am confident that if we didn't get a result then one eyed fans like the OP would have a different opinion

I am more than happy with the win but I am yet to be convinced we have turned the corner

What fuking corner.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Terrible season on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 1195 viewsJackanapes

If a season is 38 games long and we play a certain way for 30 of them, then THAT is our stock performance. It then seems strange that we folk on here moaning that we aren't playing like we usually do, when by their own admission, we usually play " terribly". Am i the only one who thinks that odd?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Terrible season on 11:31 - Nov 24 with 1185 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 11:28 - Nov 24 by Darran

Whos dimi?

Ive already answered that. It isnt irrelevant. Its basically the same side prior to these last 2 games.

De Vries, Williams, Chico, Rangel, Davies, Dyer, Routledge, JDG, Britton and Michu are all pretty much guaranteed starters when available and make up 10 of our starting 11.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Terrible season on 11:33 - Nov 24 with 1177 viewsJackanapes

Terrible season on 11:31 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Whos dimi?

Ive already answered that. It isnt irrelevant. Its basically the same side prior to these last 2 games.

De Vries, Williams, Chico, Rangel, Davies, Dyer, Routledge, JDG, Britton and Michu are all pretty much guaranteed starters when available and make up 10 of our starting 11.

De Vries ..really ??

I didnt realise it was dimi. We all know what comes now, we keep chasing the point until we are arguing about some technicality. So if you are so insistent on backdating our performance to get a bigger picture, why not go back further? Why not go back to the start of last season so we can have a more rounded view? Or are you going back just far enough so you have some good material to work with?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 11:36]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Terrible season on 11:33 - Nov 24 with 1176 viewsDarran

Terrible season on 11:31 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Whos dimi?

Nah De Vries can f*ck off.
Big fan then?

Terrible season on 11:34 - Nov 24 with 1173 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 11:29 - Nov 24 by Jackanapes

If a season is 38 games long and we play a certain way for 30 of them, then THAT is our stock performance. It then seems strange that we folk on here moaning that we aren't playing like we usually do, when by their own admission, we usually play " terribly". Am i the only one who thinks that odd?

So you dont think its a prolonged downturn in form, you just think we have been playing like relegation candidates which is what this squads talent warrants and thus no cause for alarm?

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:34 - Nov 24 with 1172 viewsDarran

Terrible season on 11:33 - Nov 24 by Jackanapes

De Vries ..really ??

I didnt realise it was dimi. We all know what comes now, we keep chasing the point until we are arguing about some technicality. So if you are so insistent on backdating our performance to get a bigger picture, why not go back further? Why not go back to the start of last season so we can have a more rounded view? Or are you going back just far enough so you have some good material to work with?

Its got to February 2008.

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible season on 11:36 - Nov 24 with 1168 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 11:33 - Nov 24 by Jackanapes

De Vries ..really ??

Ah right so lets ignore the very valid point and lets stick to having a go at the clear "slip of the tounge" which has nothing to do with anything.

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:37 - Nov 24 with 1158 viewsParlay

No i think he is a shit keeper and rightfully a lower league back up keeper.

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:39 - Nov 24 with 1153 viewsdgt73

Terrible season on 11:28 - Nov 24 by Darran

Spot on. You can use whatever statistic to suit whatever you want. Last season was excellent this season so far top half of the PL and doing well In Europe. All in all doing very well.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 11:41]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Terrible season on 11:39 - Nov 24 with 1153 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was wondering how long Jackanapes would take to work out who he was arguing with and then come to the realisation of the sheer, crushing pointlessness of even trying.

Poll: Tory leader

Terrible season on 11:40 - Nov 24 with 1145 viewsJackanapes

Terrible season on 11:34 - Nov 24 by Parlay

So you dont think its a prolonged downturn in form, you just think we have been playing like relegation candidates which is what this squads talent warrants and thus no cause for alarm?

Why stop at february? Why not go back further? Is it because it blows your argument ourt of the water? wht not mention the context of those last few games? Safe in the league? Qualified for Europe? Season have defined starts and ends for a reason. We ended last season badly, we haven't started this one badly. That is the killer where your argument falls down. You are saying that losing at 3-0 to Fulham on the last day of last season is as relevant to us beating them yesterday.

Terrible season on 11:43 - Nov 24 with 1134 viewsParlay

So if Bony scores 20 by Xmas, then 1 for the next 30 games then do you look at it as concerning that hes only got 1 in the last 30 or think hes in great from because hes got 21 in about 50 games?

One os the realistic view and the other is one that wishes to ignore issues affecting the baron spell or prolonged downturn in performance

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:44 - Nov 24 with 1130 viewsJackanapes

Terrible season on 11:43 - Nov 24 by Parlay

So if Bony scores 20 by Xmas, then 1 for the next 30 games then do you look at it as concerning that hes only got 1 in the last 30 or think hes in great from because hes got 21 in about 50 games?

One os the realistic view and the other is one that wishes to ignore issues affecting the baron spell or prolonged downturn in performance

What I tend to do is keep it in the season, like most sane people.

Terrible season on 11:44 - Nov 24 with 1127 viewsParlay

Because we were playing fine before february. Our problems seemed to start as the result of winning the cup and letting performances slide. Why would it be useful to go back before the perceived problem arose?

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:45 - Nov 24 with 1124 viewsDarran

Terrible season on 11:39 - Nov 24 by exiledclaseboy

I was wondering how long Jackanapes would take to work out who he was arguing with and then come to the realisation of the sheer, crushing pointlessness of even trying.

round and round here we go where it'll stop nobody knows

Terrible season on 11:45 - Nov 24 with 1122 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 11:44 - Nov 24 by Jackanapes

What I tend to do is keep it in the season, like most sane people.

That is in season.

20 before xmas and 1 after it. Is he in good form come seasons end or bad?

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:46 - Nov 24 with 1121 viewsJackanapes

Terrible season on 11:44 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Because we were playing fine before february. Our problems seemed to start as the result of winning the cup and letting performances slide. Why would it be useful to go back before the perceived problem arose?

And now we are playing fine again...next

Terrible season on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 1118 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

So, prior to the League Cup final we were 8th, and we finished the season 9th.
This season we're currently 10th.

So, this 'prolonged period of terrible form' hasn't turned out too badly for us really has it, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Best we just drop the whole boring point and just get on with it. February my arse.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Terrible season on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 1117 viewsJackanapes

Terrible season on 11:45 - Nov 24 by Parlay

That is in season.

20 before xmas and 1 after it. Is he in good form come seasons end or bad?

Who cares, its hypothetical.

Terrible season on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 1113 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 11:46 - Nov 24 by Jackanapes

And now we are playing fine again...next

Which is the point ive made over and over again is it not?

However prior tot his, people were well within their rights to be concerned. Im not entirely sure what you are arguing about.

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 1114 viewsWarwickHunt

Terrible season on 11:36 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Ah right so lets ignore the very valid point and lets stick to having a go at the clear "slip of the tounge" which has nothing to do with anything.

You type with your tongue?

Explains a lot...
Terrible season on 11:48 - Nov 24 with 1108 viewsParlay

Brilliant.

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:49 - Nov 24 with 1103 viewsParlay

"Who cares, its hypothetical."

ill take that as you realising he would be in concerning form then.... Like most sane people.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 11:50]

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024