Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible season 23:49 - Nov 23 with 23766 viewsmarchamjack

10th in the Premier League one place behind Man City. Laudrup out.

Some people on here need to wise up and grow a pair and stop the pathetic moaning ffs. Last few weeks have been embarrassing from some. Only happy when we're not winning. Rant over. Gonna finish my whiskey and go to bed

Talk of relegation shows total lack of any understanding of how good our team is and frankly how poor more than 3 of our rivals are. Fckn muppets.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Terrible season on 11:50 - Nov 24 with 1361 viewsJackanapes

Terrible season on 11:47 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Which is the point ive made over and over again is it not?

However prior tot his, people were well within their rights to be concerned. Im not entirely sure what you are arguing about.

No its the point you've ignored over and over again.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Terrible season on 11:51 - Nov 24 with 1339 viewsParlay

Even though i reiterated that exact point in nearly every post i made before you got your knickers in a twist?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Terrible season on 11:51 - Nov 24 with 1348 viewscurleigh

Terrible season on 00:18 - Nov 24 by westside

hope we finish above southampton.

they are really annoying thinking their better that what they really are.

here here, Pundits all swooning over them, if it wasn't for our poor finishing we would have deservedly taken 3 points off them,
Terrible season on 11:54 - Nov 24 with 1326 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 00:21 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Easy to say that after a win and a good performance though isn't it.

As far as im concerned everyone is entitled to their opinion and the facts speak for themselves. We have been in terrible form since Feb. thankfully we are starting to look somewhat like our previous selves again, and even more positively - without Michu.

Lets keep it going.

My OP which was followed by very similar sentiments highlighting how nobody can complain about the last 2 games however the concerns were with the previous 30.

Have you just jumped in all guns blazing without realising the thoughts of the person you tried to pick an argument with?

Lesson hopefully.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 11:54]

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 11:54 - Nov 24 with 1328 viewsJackanapes

"We have been in terrible form since Feb."

The very essence of your first post is utterly inaccurate. I guess that's a good place to leave it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Terrible season on 11:56 - Nov 24 with 1310 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 11:54 - Nov 24 by Jackanapes

"We have been in terrible form since Feb."

The very essence of your first post is utterly inaccurate. I guess that's a good place to leave it.

....."thankfully we are starting to look somewhat like our previous selves again, and even more positively - without Michu. Lets keep it going"

Learn to read before you make yourself look a tit in future.

Forum celebrity

Terrible season (n/t) on 12:02 - Nov 24 with 1299 viewsWarwickHunt

Terrible season on 11:56 - Nov 24 by Parlay

....."thankfully we are starting to look somewhat like our previous selves again, and even more positively - without Michu. Lets keep it going"

Learn to read before you make yourself look a tit in future.

You've been owned, mate.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 12:03]
Terrible season (n/t) on 12:06 - Nov 24 with 1269 viewsParlay

Terrible season (n/t) on 12:02 - Nov 24 by WarwickHunt

You've been owned, mate.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 12:03]

The classic post of someone who has no argument to the point being made.

He was basically arguing that our form has upturned, which is what i had said countless times previous.

However along the way he managed to allude that he thought that form is set by us over the last 30 games meaning there is nothing to worry about as we are performing as expected... Which of course means he believes our current squad is only valued as a survival/borderline relegation club.

Yes... Owned.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible season on 12:15 - Nov 24 with 1262 viewsPhil_S

So in summary we're doing OK?
Terrible season on 12:17 - Nov 24 with 1260 viewsexiledclaseboy

Somebody end the madness NOW!

Poll: Tory leader

Terrible season on 12:18 - Nov 24 with 1250 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 12:15 - Nov 24 by Phil_S

So in summary we're doing OK?

Yep we are doing ok.

But because we have a recent upturn of form doesn't mean those concerned during a time when we werent doing so well were incorrect to voice those concern, which the thread alluded to. Simple as that really and perfect sense.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 12:19]

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 12:20 - Nov 24 with 1242 viewsPhil_S

Terrible season on 12:18 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Yep we are doing ok.

But because we have a recent upturn of form doesn't mean those concerned during a time when we werent doing so well were incorrect to voice those concern, which the thread alluded to. Simple as that really and perfect sense.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 12:19]

I knew I was right
Terrible season on 12:22 - Nov 24 with 1228 viewsParlay

Terrible season on 12:20 - Nov 24 by Phil_S

I knew I was right

Likewise.

Forum celebrity

Terrible season on 12:22 - Nov 24 with 1236 viewsmarchamjack

last time I start a thread after too much whiskey...promise

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Terrible season on 12:25 - Nov 24 with 1226 viewsPhil_S

Terrible season on 12:22 - Nov 24 by Parlay

Likewise.

Its OK I dont need your endorsement on my views but thanks anyway.
Terrible season (n/t) on 12:31 - Nov 24 with 1210 viewsWarwickHunt

Terrible season (n/t) on 12:06 - Nov 24 by Parlay

The classic post of someone who has no argument to the point being made.

He was basically arguing that our form has upturned, which is what i had said countless times previous.

However along the way he managed to allude that he thought that form is set by us over the last 30 games meaning there is nothing to worry about as we are performing as expected... Which of course means he believes our current squad is only valued as a survival/borderline relegation club.

Yes... Owned.

Oh do f*ck off you tedious mentalist.
Terrible season on 12:42 - Nov 24 with 1190 viewsVetchitBack

Another case of playing the man not the ball.

I agree with Parlay but it is interesting...

at first those who critique our play a little more harshly than others appear the pessimists and those who think "we won, great, shut up" or "we are in the Premier League doncha know?" appear the optimists but when one goes deeper it is more the opposite. Those who think that generally we've been poor this year ultimately have more faith in the team. Those who think we've done well or O.K must not rate our team very much at all. Maybe optimists and pessimists are not the right words but I'm sure all but the deliberately obtuse know what I mean.

On a related point and sorry if this has been mentioned but I think Laudrup's tactics after going a goal up (or sometimes not even going a goal up) of dropping the tempo, retreating slowly backwards and not putting any tackles in are to blame for us conceding late goals and NOT any individual player. Martinez understood the importance of attack being the best form of defence for a possession based side like us who aren't great defensively.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Terrible season on 12:45 - Nov 24 with 1167 viewsepaul

Terrible season on 11:47 - Nov 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

So, prior to the League Cup final we were 8th, and we finished the season 9th.
This season we're currently 10th.

So, this 'prolonged period of terrible form' hasn't turned out too badly for us really has it, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Best we just drop the whole boring point and just get on with it. February my arse.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Terrible season on 12:45 - Nov 24 with 1166 viewsDarran

Terrible season on 12:42 - Nov 24 by VetchitBack

at first those who critique our play a little more harshly than others appear the pessimists and those who think "we won, great, shut up" or "we are in the Premier League doncha know?" appear the optimists but when one goes deeper it is more the opposite. Those who think that generally we've been poor this year ultimately have more faith in the team. Those who think we've done well or O.K must not rate our team very much at all. Maybe optimists and pessimists are not the right words but I'm sure all but the deliberately obtuse know what I mean.

On a related point and sorry if this has been mentioned but I think Laudrup's tactics after going a goal up (or sometimes not even going a goal up) of dropping the tempo, retreating slowly backwards and not putting any tackles in are to blame for us conceding late goals and NOT any individual player. Martinez understood the importance of attack being the best form of defence for a possession based side like us who aren't great defensively.

So part of his tactics are after we go a goal up is to not tackle ?

That's interesting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Terrible season (n/t) on 12:51 - Nov 24 with 1154 viewsmonmouth

Terrible season (n/t) on 12:31 - Nov 24 by WarwickHunt

Oh do f*ck off you tedious mentalist.

The classic post of someone that knows his internet poster types.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Terrible season on 12:53 - Nov 24 with 1149 viewsVetchitBack

Terrible season on 12:45 - Nov 24 by Darran

So part of his tactics are after we go a goal up is to not tackle ?

That's interesting.

Interesting indeed. We just seem to shuffle backwards lethargically with little attempt to quickly close-down or tackle and we seem to lose our inability to keep the ball. We basically invite pressure, particularly aerial pressure that we are not really equipped to deal with. I saw it yesterday but we defended well. It can't be coincidence I don't know if it's an attempt to get everyone behind the ball or flood the defence or keep a certain shape but it doesn't appear to work for us?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Terrible season on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 1135 viewsLeonBritton

Why the fascination with including last season in any analysis? We were essentially safe in the league and had won a cup for the first time in our history. It's not rocket science to see why our form tailed off.

This season, we're unbeaten in Europe (having beaten Valencia away). On 15 points (averaging 1.25 a game) which should be 17 (1.42 ppg) had it not been for the shambles of a penalty last week & 5 points clear of relegation. Not sure how some people are still finding things to moan about.
Terrible season on 12:58 - Nov 24 with 1125 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

" Those who think that generally we've been poor this year ultimately have more faith in the team. Those who think we've done well or O.K must not rate our team very much at all"

I wonder which of those two camps you find yourself in? Not that I'm suggesting your post is self-congratulatory bullsh*t, but just wondering...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Terrible season on 13:06 - Nov 24 with 1096 viewsPhaedrus

So the sherrif agrees with dimi.... what does shaky think on the subject?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Terrible season on 13:10 - Nov 24 with 1085 viewsJackanapes

What utter rubbish. Simplistically put you are saying that people who disagree with you are harmful to 'your' teams ambitions, and that you are being critical for the good of the team.. ..balls.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024