Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official January Transfer Window Thread 00:29 - Dec 29 with 133745 viewsaspas45

Let it begin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10540359/P

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:34 - Jan 3 with 4709 viewsJackSomething

Surely no-one actually believes there is a snowball's chance in hell of Juan Mata playing for us? I imagine he'd be insulted at the suggestion.

If Chelsea are actually willing to let him go, I can only think of a couple of clubs who wouldn't want him. Not to mention the fact that he's way out of our reach financially.

More chance of signing Brett Pitman.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:41 - Jan 3 with 4688 viewsexiledinenglandjack

If we're looking for an exciting international midfielder that we might actually be able to loan, we could try and get holtby from spurs. He plays tidy football, can cross and can actually get the ball in the box for corners. Been marginalised at spurs this season, a loan with a view to buy in the summer perhaps? Oh and I'd sign Lamah up on a permanent, think his release clause is only 1.8m, name a winger you can get for that price these days, shown a bit of heart and fight for the club recently
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:42 - Jan 3 with 4685 viewsJACKARSE

Berbatov is available for £2 M aledgedly ......
On another note ... is Huw still on holiday this week ?
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:59 - Jan 3 with 4653 viewsDr_Winston

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:41 - Jan 3 by exiledinenglandjack

If we're looking for an exciting international midfielder that we might actually be able to loan, we could try and get holtby from spurs. He plays tidy football, can cross and can actually get the ball in the box for corners. Been marginalised at spurs this season, a loan with a view to buy in the summer perhaps? Oh and I'd sign Lamah up on a permanent, think his release clause is only 1.8m, name a winger you can get for that price these days, shown a bit of heart and fight for the club recently

Sorry, but we need to be looking for better than Lamah.

Holtby's an interesting shout, but maybe one for the summer instead.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:08 - Jan 3 with 4634 viewsJackSomething

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:59 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

Sorry, but we need to be looking for better than Lamah.

Holtby's an interesting shout, but maybe one for the summer instead.

For many months I wondered why we signed Lamah. It seemed Laudrup had no faith in him and he barely got a look-in, even playing Pozuelo on the wing instead of Lamah.

It's encouraging that he's contributed some good things since getting in the team thanks to injuries, but have to agree we should be looking for better.

Lamah has talent, but you never know what's going to happen when he has the ball. At one point on Wednesday, his touch was so bad that he had to run about 20 yards trying to bring the ball back under control, which he eventually did by knocking Yaya Toure off the ball, something very few manage to do. But he's just as likely to kick the ball against his standing foot, something else he did at least once on Wednesday.

Glad we've got him though, as the thought of Pozuelo and a hugely out of form Routledge (although some encouraging signs against City) as our only fit wingers would be depressing.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:09 - Jan 3 with 4630 viewsRancid

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:34 - Jan 3 by JackSomething

Surely no-one actually believes there is a snowball's chance in hell of Juan Mata playing for us? I imagine he'd be insulted at the suggestion.

If Chelsea are actually willing to let him go, I can only think of a couple of clubs who wouldn't want him. Not to mention the fact that he's way out of our reach financially.

More chance of signing Brett Pitman.

It does sound ridiculous first thoughts.The only chance we may have is his best buddies are down here.Never gonna happen though really!!
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:19 - Jan 3 with 4611 viewsDr_Winston

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:08 - Jan 3 by JackSomething

For many months I wondered why we signed Lamah. It seemed Laudrup had no faith in him and he barely got a look-in, even playing Pozuelo on the wing instead of Lamah.

It's encouraging that he's contributed some good things since getting in the team thanks to injuries, but have to agree we should be looking for better.

Lamah has talent, but you never know what's going to happen when he has the ball. At one point on Wednesday, his touch was so bad that he had to run about 20 yards trying to bring the ball back under control, which he eventually did by knocking Yaya Toure off the ball, something very few manage to do. But he's just as likely to kick the ball against his standing foot, something else he did at least once on Wednesday.

Glad we've got him though, as the thought of Pozuelo and a hugely out of form Routledge (although some encouraging signs against City) as our only fit wingers would be depressing.

He wins some points due to plain unpredictability.

He's got skill. That's plain. He's added a bit of physicality to the flanks which helped a lot on Wed too. If his natural enthusiasm can be harnessed into something a bit more focused then he may change my mind, but until then he's an option, but preferably not a main one.

Routs benefitted hugely from playing on his natural side.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 11:52 - Jan 3 with 4362 viewsLeonisGod

Juan Mata? ffs Why not put in cheeky bids for Ronaldo and Messi too? Come on Huw, you know it makes sense.

Deluded doesn't even come close
Login to get fewer ads

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 4277 viewsDr_Winston

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2533182/EXCLUSIVE-Swansea-targ

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:17 - Jan 3 with 4142 viewsJohnw102

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:23 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2533182/EXCLUSIVE-Swansea-targ

I know I am going to be on my own, but can't see the attraction of Ince, in MO is a younger version of Scotty. I have warmed to Lamah over the last few weeks he battles back for the ball and is not shy of having a dip at goal when he gets the chance, with Dyer out stick with Lamah and WR now playing on the right where he prefers. I still thing main priority is a CH and a striker as I mentioned earlier Georgios Samaras looks to be available and could do a job down here.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:19 - Jan 3 with 4136 viewsSenhin

There was a MUCH higher chance of David Villa coming here than Mata

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:31 - Jan 3 with 4105 viewsdcd14

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:19 - Jan 3 by Senhin

There was a MUCH higher chance of David Villa coming here than Mata

http://t.co/Icu4Cbpr2N

Ince 4M
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:35 - Jan 3 with 4094 viewsJackSomething

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:17 - Jan 3 by Johnw102

I know I am going to be on my own, but can't see the attraction of Ince, in MO is a younger version of Scotty. I have warmed to Lamah over the last few weeks he battles back for the ball and is not shy of having a dip at goal when he gets the chance, with Dyer out stick with Lamah and WR now playing on the right where he prefers. I still thing main priority is a CH and a striker as I mentioned earlier Georgios Samaras looks to be available and could do a job down here.

I know there's a poster who gets very annoyed when people say Ince is like Sinclair, is it Shaky or Drizzy?

For me, I'd be very happy with a younger version of Scotty for £4m. Sinclair was a regular in the team that had a pretty good first Prem season and I know I'm not the only Swans fan who has suggested he would have been a good fit for Laudrup's system.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:39 - Jan 3 with 4069 viewsSenhin

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:31 - Jan 3 by dcd14

http://t.co/Icu4Cbpr2N

Ince 4M

Okay.......?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:13 - Jan 3 with 3988 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-transfer- i loves a silly mid season

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:28 - Jan 3 with 3945 viewsJokeren1943

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:39 - Jan 3 by Senhin

Okay.......?

Just heard on the danish media that Pellegrini want to loan John Guidetti to another club so he can become match fit.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 14:28]
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:34 - Jan 3 with 3920 viewsShaky

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:17 - Jan 3 by Johnw102

I agree with you on Ince; unproven in the prem and in fact deemed not good enough at that level by Liverpool.

More generally the injury list is going to clear up at some stage, and I believe we are highly unlikely to do anything much as regards forwards, although I would like to see Lamah made permanent. He is the type of player who is awkward almost to the point of clumsiness, but is nevertheless extremely difficult to play against and has clearly come on in spades (no pun intended).

IF we are going to strengthen I believe it will be defensively, and the kind of player I have in mind is somebody like Martin Kelly at Liverpool. He's talented and versatile being able to play both in the middle and at rightback, but can't get a game at the moment. He had a sniff with England before his injury and might just be lured away by the promise of firs team football prior to the world cup.

@JS -- Not me :-)

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:10 - Jan 3 with 3832 viewsOdgaard

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:13 - Jan 3 by Oldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-transfer- i loves a silly mid season

Many targets :) We need a winger, Dyer and pablo injured and Routh playing badly.. Then we need a goalie, come on with shay given! I dont have trust in Tremmel no more!

Dont think we need a striker, because i Think Bony will be great, and michu will be back at some point.

Thats all for me. Dont think any defenders we can buy would improve us even though Chico is playing poorly.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:12 - Jan 3 with 3829 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Just saw Saloman Kolou available for £2.5m? If his wage demands aren't crazy he'd be a perfect pick up, can play winger and forward, experienced in the prem and europe and from what i know of him, would fit into ML's system
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 16:39 - Jan 3 with 3649 viewsSenhin

I'm really confused as to why I was quoted, both times... :P

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:39 - Jan 3 with 3439 viewsDrizzy

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:35 - Jan 3 by JackSomething

I know there's a poster who gets very annoyed when people say Ince is like Sinclair, is it Shaky or Drizzy?

For me, I'd be very happy with a younger version of Scotty for £4m. Sinclair was a regular in the team that had a pretty good first Prem season and I know I'm not the only Swans fan who has suggested he would have been a good fit for Laudrup's system.

That would be me. I get annoyed because it's a comparison that only somebody that hasn't watched Ince play would make. Ince is much more technically accomplished than Sinclair and a smarter footballer. He can play in any attacking role (bar lone striker) and has done for Blackpool.

That's not to say Sinclair isn't/wasn't a damn good player for us in his time. He might do well in Laudrup's system, though I'm not totally convinced, but he was absolutely perfect for Brendan's system and he is still a great fit now he just doesn't have the quality or potential of Sterling.

I have to laugh at the comment about him being released from Liverpool. He chose to leave because he wasn't getting game time. It was a very gutsy move and I admire him for dropping a level to work on his game and he's had two and a half excellent seasons in the Championship. The end result? A very polished and confident footballer with the potential to get even better in the right team.

He's the absolutely perfect signing at this moment in time. I really hope we don't sit on our hands with this one. Go and f*cking getting him, Huw.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 3405 viewsSwanfan1

I would be happy with Guidetti he be better than Vazquez
and Ince, then maybe a defensive cover and perhaps the defensive cover could be

Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas has admitted he would consider a move elsewhere in England after finding chances at Stamford Bridge hard to come by. The 20-year-old has made just one brief substitute appearance since joining the club from Sigma Olomouc in 2010.

Tomas Kalas is a proven right back who also can play centrally,
he be a great cover for Angel Rangel, and we no longer have to rely on Tiendalli.

Tomas Kalas is a czech full international who been loaned out to dutch clubs and have done great job there, just like Guiedetti who also scored a lot of goals with Feyenoord
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 18:54]

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:59 - Jan 3 with 3382 viewsDr_Winston

If that RB is good going forward then he's an option.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:00 - Jan 3 with 3380 viewsSwanfan1

I am a fan of Ince, I think he done really well, and this is a Huw signing he been after Ince for very long time,

But im very doubtful he come because purely on location, he turned down Cardiff in the summer, and the missus probably wants london,
if i was Tom Ince I choose Ajax or Swansea he be used in the correct way.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:11 - Jan 3 with 3348 viewsShaky

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:39 - Jan 3 by Drizzy

That would be me. I get annoyed because it's a comparison that only somebody that hasn't watched Ince play would make. Ince is much more technically accomplished than Sinclair and a smarter footballer. He can play in any attacking role (bar lone striker) and has done for Blackpool.

That's not to say Sinclair isn't/wasn't a damn good player for us in his time. He might do well in Laudrup's system, though I'm not totally convinced, but he was absolutely perfect for Brendan's system and he is still a great fit now he just doesn't have the quality or potential of Sterling.

I have to laugh at the comment about him being released from Liverpool. He chose to leave because he wasn't getting game time. It was a very gutsy move and I admire him for dropping a level to work on his game and he's had two and a half excellent seasons in the Championship. The end result? A very polished and confident footballer with the potential to get even better in the right team.

He's the absolutely perfect signing at this moment in time. I really hope we don't sit on our hands with this one. Go and f*cking getting him, Huw.

"I have to laugh at the comment about him being released from Liverpool. He chose to leave because he wasn't getting game time. "

Laugh all you want. The fact is that he left Liverpool because they didn't renew his contract, the stumbling block being they didn't think he was worth the money him and his dad were asking.

By all means question Dalglish's judgement in transfer dealings, but the facts are the facts whether you like them or not.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024