Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry + Carroll 10:55 - Jan 29 with 3545 viewsFerdy

Im not one to dig out our own players and I have been patient with Little Tom due to his age and attitude but I thought he was useless again last night. I lost count the amount of simple 10 yard passes he misplaced and also the amount of times he got pushed off the ball. I am beginning to think he just isnt very good.

Henry as a nasty habit of p1ssballing about whilst facing his own goal and losing possession apart from that he got better as the game went on last night.

Of the two I would rather start Henry alongside Barton on Saturday.
Henry + Carroll on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 3488 viewsNeil_SI

I've said this elsewhere, in the thread specifically about Henry, but the team selection and style of play contributed to their problems. They both played quite deep, too deep in my opinion, but their problems were further compounded by Danny Simpson's absence.

Simpson is willing to overlap, and transition into midfield and attacking positions, which encourages movement and support in areas of the pitch that allow others to take up better positions to receive the ball.

Because this didn't happen, I expected Armand Traore to do so on the other side, seeing as he is an attacking sort of player, but he stayed in a limited role and didn't really offer much in the way Simpson does. And then the players at the back had a bad day at the office in terms of how they passed and moved it, and put pressure on the two midfielders to really get them out of jail.

The two wide men didn't really come off their channels that much, especially Matt Phillips, who you often see bursting infield, but he stayed more wide this time and simply went up and down in straight lines. We never found Andy Johnson on the ball, or into the channels where he likes to work, so it all became flat and static very quickly.

Any player on the ball is going to have a hard time picking someone out, without putting them under pressure, in those situations. Perhaps one of them needed to break free and burst forward a little more, but with our lack of pace at the back, and being a flat four in the middle, they went for safety first as they've done many a time, and just sat back into position and eventually some balls dropped our way and we found the goals needed to win the game.
Henry + Carroll on 11:16 - Jan 29 with 3467 viewsQPunkR

Yeah I also said a lot about the general tactics in the other Henry thread. Having said all that (I can't be arsed to write it all again!), I still don't think Carroll's any good, even though there were mitigating circumstances for last night

QPR - "shit but local"

Henry + Carroll on 11:38 - Jan 29 with 3425 viewsngbqpr

LTC is always always showing for the ball, yes he sometimes gives it straight back, yes it sometimes goes sideways or backwards...but he does look for forward movement...if it's not there (ie no space for him to run into and no one else finding space - which as Neil points out was the big problem last night), then to use the current 'buzz term', he recycles possession til the opening presents itself

Yes in the cut & thrust of the Championship he does get hustled off the ball too much at times, and some passes do go astray - but in no way would I compare him with Henry, who gets hustled off the ball twice as much as LTC despite being much bigger...shows for it less...frequently doesn't know what to do with it when he does get it...and misplaces more passes

As a central 2 in a 442 it doesn't work for me - but whilst I know I'm in a minority, I like having LTC in the team, whilst ideally Henry is simply a sub who comes on to tighten things up in the last 15-20

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Henry + Carroll on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 3401 viewsTacticalR

He's only little.

Air hostess clique

Henry + Carroll on 12:01 - Jan 29 with 3355 viewsdaveB

I like the fact he always wants the ball and tries to pass to a team mate but in a 4-4-2 he is always going to be exposed. He's one of the new generation who have been brought up coached to keep the ball like a Spanish player which is great but not ideal for a wet tuesday night against Bolton
Henry + Carroll on 12:03 - Jan 29 with 3351 viewsTheBlob

Carroll will be better when he's bulked up a bit.But that will happen when he reaches puberty.....a pretty hair raising time in itself.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Henry + Carroll on 12:10 - Jan 29 with 3334 viewsDiscodroid

Henry + Carroll on 12:03 - Jan 29 by TheBlob

Carroll will be better when he's bulked up a bit.But that will happen when he reaches puberty.....a pretty hair raising time in itself.

praise the lord for the giftness of laughter!!

i think henry got caught out again in the last minute or so,doing the james browm 360 degree shuffle, and their forward was unfortunate to be called up for a foul.

and for that reason
im out.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Henry + Carroll on 12:35 - Jan 29 with 3252 viewssimmo

Henry + Carroll on 11:38 - Jan 29 by ngbqpr

LTC is always always showing for the ball, yes he sometimes gives it straight back, yes it sometimes goes sideways or backwards...but he does look for forward movement...if it's not there (ie no space for him to run into and no one else finding space - which as Neil points out was the big problem last night), then to use the current 'buzz term', he recycles possession til the opening presents itself

Yes in the cut & thrust of the Championship he does get hustled off the ball too much at times, and some passes do go astray - but in no way would I compare him with Henry, who gets hustled off the ball twice as much as LTC despite being much bigger...shows for it less...frequently doesn't know what to do with it when he does get it...and misplaces more passes

As a central 2 in a 442 it doesn't work for me - but whilst I know I'm in a minority, I like having LTC in the team, whilst ideally Henry is simply a sub who comes on to tighten things up in the last 15-20

Basically how I feel. I think we are a better team with him in midfield but I don't think it works in a flat 4-4-2 where he will be under pressure and has less short passing options ahead of him.

If you give him some space to operate and actually have forward players moving ahead of him, I think he is our most incisive central midfielder.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Henry + Carroll on 12:37 - Jan 29 with 3244 viewsWeaverQPR

Would you all go 451 on satd then?

@WeavQPR

Henry + Carroll on 12:38 - Jan 29 with 3233 viewssimmo

Henry + Carroll on 12:37 - Jan 29 by WeaverQPR

Would you all go 451 on satd then?

With available personnel that would be my first choice formation anyway, well, a variation of it - 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 without the ball, etc.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2014 12:39]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Henry + Carroll on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 3217 viewsjonno

We got out of jail last night against an abysmal Bolton side. Another very poor performance, and if Austin had had to go off we would have lost. Carroll should never be in midfield in a 442 at this level in a million years. And Henry - well he does his best but when a team in the division below don't want him that tells you all you need to know. Barton's obvioulsy a dickhead but we certainly miss him when he's not playing - let's hope he's fit for Saturday or we'll take a drubbing.
Henry + Carroll on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 3211 viewsWestbourneR

My take is - he has a good football brain and understands tempo and play making. Something no on else in squad really has, in an attacking sense.

BUT technically he's just not good enough. For a 'ball player' his passing is shoddy and his shooting worse. He's also just far far too light weight. He's basically not a very good player.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Henry + Carroll on 12:45 - Jan 29 with 3204 viewsWeaverQPR

Like to see Hoilett or Traore play wide left,Phillps on right and Kranjcar in middle

@WeavQPR

Henry + Carroll on 12:55 - Jan 29 with 3167 viewsjohnhoop

Henry + Carroll on 12:43 - Jan 29 by jonno

We got out of jail last night against an abysmal Bolton side. Another very poor performance, and if Austin had had to go off we would have lost. Carroll should never be in midfield in a 442 at this level in a million years. And Henry - well he does his best but when a team in the division below don't want him that tells you all you need to know. Barton's obvioulsy a dickhead but we certainly miss him when he's not playing - let's hope he's fit for Saturday or we'll take a drubbing.

This is spot on. Bolton were an awful side, the worst we've played this season. Their fans had it right at the end when they were singing"How shit are you-it's only 2-1."
If we don't have Barton back for Saturday and Austin is out with his shoulder injury, our chances of getting anything out of that game are very remote indeed.
Henry + Carroll on 12:58 - Jan 29 with 3152 viewsheadhoops

Henry + Carroll anagram of really con HR or enrol lycra HR. its slow today in the office.

As part of a 5 man midfield Carroll has potential. Henry for me should hang up his boots, a very, very poor mans Shaun Derry. How these two plus SWP, Toilett, Bennyhoon and Oneill start ahead of Diakite is frankly more disturbing than the alleged Mad Malians mindset.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Henry + Carroll on 13:04 - Jan 29 with 3128 viewsAntti_Heinola

spot on.

Bare bones.

Henry + Carroll on 13:48 - Jan 29 with 3068 viewsjoolsyp

Nail on thread Jonno. I got criticised for saying this on the match thread immediately after the game. Frankly there were very few positives from last night other than 3 points, Charlie scoring again and keeping the run going. Play the same team against Burnley on Sat and we'll get comfortably beaten.
Henry + Carroll on 19:41 - Jan 29 with 2965 viewsderbyhoop

Would that be LTC who was voted MOTM?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Henry + Carroll on 21:01 - Jan 29 with 2890 viewsWadR

I thought Carroll was very good between around the 25th and 65th minute. Either side of that, he really struggled. The main issue was, as other have said, the lack of a simple ball. He too often resorted to overly elaborate flicks because Traore or Henry weren't readily available. He did make one or two important sliding tackles and made a good run followed up by that weak shot.

I like him, but with Henry in a 442 with very little cover from either wide player or Johnson meant he was going to struggle. Henry's positioning when Carroll was in position was often poor and likewise Traore doesn't offer the intelligence that Assou-Ekotto has.
Henry + Carroll on 07:29 - Jan 30 with 2809 viewsMelakaRanger

Henry + Carroll on 13:48 - Jan 29 by joolsyp

Nail on thread Jonno. I got criticised for saying this on the match thread immediately after the game. Frankly there were very few positives from last night other than 3 points, Charlie scoring again and keeping the run going. Play the same team against Burnley on Sat and we'll get comfortably beaten.

Regrettably I think you are spot on here. Same team on Saturday as against Bolton and we will be marmerlised!
Henry + Carroll on 09:18 - Jan 30 with 2745 viewsFerdy

Henry + Carroll on 19:41 - Jan 29 by derbyhoop

Would that be LTC who was voted MOTM?

Ridiculous!

Who voted for that his Mum?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024