Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 31722 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:20 - Feb 10 with 1471 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:05 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

My opinion is that a lot of the critique is unfair. That is an opinion, not whimpering. Just let it go. We see things differently.

What is unfair?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:32 - Feb 10 with 1442 viewsOldjack

Stale ,when things go stale they have to be thrown out,
all the best Mike but you've past your sell by date ,move on

What a wonderful start to this new chapter in the life of Swansea City FC
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 15:10]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:34 - Feb 10 with 1436 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:27 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

Not really, since I doubt (as do alot of others) that relegation was ever a real worry except for in the minds of the panick-striken.

That is easy for you to say.
I am not actually a direct SCFC Supporter, but I am a big fan and have been for 5 or 6 years, as my name suggests I am the father of a supporter and his son who is also an avid supporter. So I have a lot of discussions with my son analysing clubs, games and players etc.
As I do not have the "Passion" that comes from attending matches, (I do all my watching on the telly or computer) I have a different view and consider that the biggest asset ML brought to the club was not himself, but Michu.
I think the PLAYERS won Swansea the Cup and hence got themselves in to Europe. From almost the day ML took over Swansea started going backwards from the scintillating play that the previous 2 Managers had brought to the club.
Here are my impressions as a long time football fan and a bit of an outsider.
ML brought Michu and upgraded Ben D, 2 great moves, but who found Michu?
He bought in various players of varying quality and fitness, which is neither a great plus or minus.
As I said on another thread the downside was
insisting on a Small Squad, even though the team had more commitments than in previous seasons.
Continually playing "his" players regardless of how badly they were playing and ignoring home grown players who were playing better.
Continually playing players out of position rather than playing said home players more suited to that position.
Playing unfit/injured players until they dropped or their injuries got so bad they had to stop playing.
There did not seem to be a plan "B" to his gameplan and no obvious reasoning behind some substitutions.
Falling out with players and then not playing them, which is something somewhat petty managers do all the time in the leagues.
Not recognizing just how bad it was getting for the players, the fans and the club.

I think the Club and Management were bedazzled by landing such a big fish, but ML appears to be one of those outstandingly naturally talented people who has difficulty in understanding why less gifted players can't do what he could.
But that does not make him an outstandingly naturally talented Manager and I don't think so many clubs can be wrong, isn't this his 4th appointment that didn't end well?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:51 - Feb 10 with 1399 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:34 - Feb 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I am not actually a direct SCFC Supporter, but I am a big fan and have been for 5 or 6 years, as my name suggests I am the father of a supporter and his son who is also an avid supporter. So I have a lot of discussions with my son analysing clubs, games and players etc.
As I do not have the "Passion" that comes from attending matches, (I do all my watching on the telly or computer) I have a different view and consider that the biggest asset ML brought to the club was not himself, but Michu.
I think the PLAYERS won Swansea the Cup and hence got themselves in to Europe. From almost the day ML took over Swansea started going backwards from the scintillating play that the previous 2 Managers had brought to the club.
He bought in various players of varying quality and fitness, which is neither a great plus or minus.
insisting on a Small Squad, even though the team had more commitments than in previous seasons.
Continually playing "his" players regardless of how badly they were playing and ignoring home grown players who were playing better.
Continually playing players out of position rather than playing said home players more suited to that position.
Playing unfit/injured players until they dropped or their injuries got so bad they had to stop playing.
There did not seem to be a plan "B" to his gameplan and no obvious reasoning behind some substitutions.
Falling out with players and then not playing them, which is something somewhat petty managers do all the time in the leagues.
Not recognizing just how bad it was getting for the players, the fans and the club.

I think the Club and Management were bedazzled by landing such a big fish, but ML appears to be one of those outstandingly naturally talented people who has difficulty in understanding why less gifted players can't do what he could.
But that does not make him an outstandingly naturally talented Manager and I don't think so many clubs can be wrong, isn't this his 4th appointment that didn't end well?

I think he changed the Swansea way of play to the better in his first year at the club. They suddenly played more directly, and they got even better at the possession. He has got a lot of good players to the club. Players that the club can gain a lot of money from in the future.

I don't think he has played a lot of players out of position. Sometime it was needed because of injuries. The injuries have had a big influence this year. Anyway the team has played poorly most of the season, but the results have been okay, when You also thinks about the cups.

I agree about the plan B. In the last couple of months I missed a plan B, and I missed more commitment from Laudrup in the games. What has happened in training, I don't know. Anyway may conclusion is that he has done one hell of a good job, and it is sad that people are slaughtering him.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:00 - Feb 10 with 1384 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:51 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

I think he changed the Swansea way of play to the better in his first year at the club. They suddenly played more directly, and they got even better at the possession. He has got a lot of good players to the club. Players that the club can gain a lot of money from in the future.

I don't think he has played a lot of players out of position. Sometime it was needed because of injuries. The injuries have had a big influence this year. Anyway the team has played poorly most of the season, but the results have been okay, when You also thinks about the cups.

I agree about the plan B. In the last couple of months I missed a plan B, and I missed more commitment from Laudrup in the games. What has happened in training, I don't know. Anyway may conclusion is that he has done one hell of a good job, and it is sad that people are slaughtering him.

Like I said I am just a bit of an outsider looking in calling it as I saw it unfold.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:05 - Feb 10 with 1355 viewsOdgaard

Well i dont agree, but with that said, i dont think ML is that great a manager...

He had Succes in Brondby, they have been shit since he left, he won the liga and the Cup twice. Getafe, he were also great, but leaved because he couldnt see them progress.. Moscow was awfull and Mallorca were more or less bankrupt.

THe real question for me is was ML the right manager? YES, for the long run NO!

I think and believe that HJ signing of ML is a masterstroke, even though it did not end well. Swansea is by size the smallest club to enter PL in last many years, with no financial backing, therefore is difficult to attract players with more quality than players from championship and others low levels league. Swansea needed a guy who could get players with higher level. I dont think Swansea could had get Michu, Paplo, Bony, Poz, Canas, JDG, AMat and Jonjo. It would have been signings like you see now Emnes and Ngog.. Even though they can look good, they dont get you anywhere... (Emnes is a fine player, but i have no confidence that he could improve swansea )

Signing Laudrup got swansea Further and the clubs reputation around the world has grown! Now its a better position than when Laudrup started at the club! And that is a success nothing less.. Was is because of Laudrup managing skills? maybe or might not, was it becuase of his great name ? i Think so..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 1338 views2face

A club is totally entitled to fire a manager whenever they like. Even if he's doing OK. A club has no moral obligation to retain a manager. As long as they replace him with someone equally as good or better. And so far it looks like Swansea have replaced ML with someone better. And by "better" I mean a manager that in this moment produces better results at this club.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:16 - Feb 10 with 1315 viewsicecoldjack

Back to the OP for a moment..

""He couldn't come to the training ground to say goodbye so he text me. He wished me good luck for the rest of the season." - Pablo Hernandez.

Not such a strange chap after all then Darren ?? somebody been telling you lies by the looks of things
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:31 - Feb 10 with 1272 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:16 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

""He couldn't come to the training ground to say goodbye so he text me. He wished me good luck for the rest of the season." - Pablo Hernandez.

Not such a strange chap after all then Darren ?? somebody been telling you lies by the looks of things

So what he had Pablo's phone number I said in another thread there was only one player disappointed to see go him makes you wonder why he didn't phone him isn't though that's probably because he doesn't do talking to people.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:39 - Feb 10 with 1252 viewsGlyn1

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:08 - Feb 10 by 2face

A club is totally entitled to fire a manager whenever they like. Even if he's doing OK. A club has no moral obligation to retain a manager. As long as they replace him with someone equally as good or better. And so far it looks like Swansea have replaced ML with someone better. And by "better" I mean a manager that in this moment produces better results at this club.

You can't claim 'better results' after only a single match!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 1231 viewsLiberty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:16 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

After 7 pages, he had their numbers after all - oh please no.

Thats one of the longest trips in a while.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 16:02]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:01 - Feb 10 with 1207 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:31 - Feb 10 by Darran

So what he had Pablo's phone number I said in another thread there was only one player disappointed to see go him makes you wonder why he didn't phone him isn't though that's probably because he doesn't do talking to people.

Well ,you said in this thread ,and i quote " he absolutely refused to give the his phone number to ANY of the players and refused to take theirs "

So one of you is spreading lies, either you Darren or Pablo Hernandez !!

I know you dislike rumours and half cocked stories so it begs the question ,why do you do the same ??

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:05 - Feb 10 with 1189 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:51 - Feb 10 by Liberty

After 7 pages, he had their numbers after all - oh please no.

Thats one of the longest trips in a while.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 16:02]

7 Pages built on pure lies from Darren by the way !

"strange chap" indeed
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 16:07]
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:07 - Feb 10 with 1182 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:01 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Well ,you said in this thread ,and i quote " he absolutely refused to give the his phone number to ANY of the players and refused to take theirs "

So one of you is spreading lies, either you Darren or Pablo Hernandez !!

I know you dislike rumours and half cocked stories so it begs the question ,why do you do the same ??

I don't give a f*ck what you think the fella doesn't like speaking to people and that's a FACT.
Im honestly not interested if you believe anything I say but I know he's got a strange personality and that's another FACT.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 1175 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:31 - Feb 10 by Darran

"he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs"

Uh Oh so Pablo not a player then

Does Darran admit he's wrong NEVER just throws some unrelated crap in about Pablo being the only player sorry to see him go. Is that from the same reliable source
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 1174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:05 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

"strange chap" indeed

7 pages where posters can have their say, isn't that what Forum posts are about?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:10 - Feb 10 with 1173 viewsSpratty

"strange chap" indeed

FACT
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:13 - Feb 10 with 1168 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:07 - Feb 10 by Darran

I don't give a f*ck what you think the fella doesn't like speaking to people and that's a FACT.
Im honestly not interested if you believe anything I say but I know he's got a strange personality and that's another FACT.

Where do You get that fact from (that he does not like to speak to people)? Maybe there is a reason why players want to play under Laudrup more than once.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:14 - Feb 10 with 1163 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:13 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

Where do You get that fact from (that he does not like to speak to people)? Maybe there is a reason why players want to play under Laudrup more than once.

Yeah it's called money.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:15 - Feb 10 with 1159 viewsJackanapes

If THE PLAYERS won the cup, then the PLAYERS took the club to two points above relegation. It works both ways.
That being said, hes gone....
So long and thanks for all the fish.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:17 - Feb 10 with 1145 viewsicecoldjack

Strange personality now !! jeez...

So did he not talk to players on the phone because he didnt want the numbers or because he has a strange personality ??

Why dont you just admit you were telling tall stories and painting a picture of Laudrup to suit certain agendas ?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:19 - Feb 10 with 1139 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:14 - Feb 10 by Darran

Yeah it's called money.

Is that a FACT too ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:20 - Feb 10 with 1134 viewsymaohyd

"strange chap" indeed

It isn't lies. I'm sure ML is a good bloke and all Swans fans to a point should be honoured that a footballing legend has graced our club and once things settle down I hope these sentiments prevail.

That said he had to go, his coaching methods were taking us backwards. As for communication skills etc I knew early on in his Swans careers that the players felt that it was back to the Sousa days.

A Danish poster on another thread made an excellent post about Laudrup the man and the decency of him as a family man. I wouldn't doubt this, I would question his choice of agent. But as for the communication issue I know 100% what was originally poster said is true.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:21 - Feb 10 with 1133 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:13 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

Serious question for you do you not recognise anything at all in what I've said about Laudrup?
As a Dane you've obviously followed his career so let's have an honest answer.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:21 - Feb 10 with 1133 viewsPlasticman

I'm starting to wonder if this thread is because Laudrup might not have wanted to speak to Darran...

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024