Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 31723 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:44 - Feb 10 with 2208 viewsBanosswan

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:41 - Feb 10 by Spratty

His name is Monk

Ashley Williams calls him Monks in his interview with sky.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:45 - Feb 10 with 2203 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:41 - Feb 10 by Spratty

His name is Monk

Everyone calls him Monks he even signed his own column in the programme when he was captain as Monks

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:46 - Feb 10 with 2197 viewsymaohyd

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:39 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Very true. but i think that is quite common knowledge RE Laudrups interaction with the players. Different strokes for different folks , to use Garry Monks words "there is no right way,there is no wrong way" when it comes to management styles, but of course thats not strictly true because we sacked Laudrup last week !!..

I'm just not sure what agenda some on here have. The OP made a good post on Laudrup's management style, it wasn't vitriolic but like many I'm sure, I know it's the truth.

When we have been on a poor run of form for quite a while it's a valid point. Can't see how someone would argue against that.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:47 - Feb 10 with 2195 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:39 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

"you never saw stuff like that..."

"that was different..."

I got nothing further to add Darran. You're making the case by yourself right now I'm afraid.

So just to get this right you refuse to answer my question,you do not recognise any of these traits in Michael Laudrup?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:48 - Feb 10 with 2186 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:46 - Feb 10 by ymaohyd

I'm just not sure what agenda some on here have. The OP made a good post on Laudrup's management style, it wasn't vitriolic but like many I'm sure, I know it's the truth.

When we have been on a poor run of form for quite a while it's a valid point. Can't see how someone would argue against that.

I know it's the truth too.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:49 - Feb 10 with 2175 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:45 - Feb 10 by Darran

Everyone calls him Monks he even signed his own column in the programme when he was captain as Monks

His ex landlady calls him Monkey
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:50 - Feb 10 with 2177 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:27 - Feb 10 by Darran

It's 100% clear that he's neither of them,watch Monk embracing Dyer when he got subbed on Saturday,you never saw that once with Laudrup.

If this carries on it could add a whole new meaning to pulling a player off at half-time...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:00 - Feb 10 with 2150 viewsjeza739

ML has done v well for us. Last yr, the cup etc but its obvious (too some at least) that the relationship had broken down with the players and the board. I re read some of GM book earlier, namely the chapter re Sousa. There were striking similarities.
Tactically both ML and PS were excellent IMO but world class players don't always make world class managers and definately not good MAN managers which is a huge part of the job.
ML brought us success on the field and a higher profile off it, but it was never a long term marriage that was obvious. It came to an end a few months early that's all, though I do feel and said at the time if the issue with his agent couldn't have been resolved amicably (and its safe to say it hasn't or wasn't) he should have gone last summer.
But as long as we stay up (and I feel we will now) no damage has been done and in any case GM probably wasn't ready then
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:01 - Feb 10 with 2148 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:39 - Feb 10 by ymaohyd

F**k me, you're making this out to be like a John Grisham novel!.

Do you think the Swans were right to sack Laudrup?

I think both parties could and should have worked a solution , i feel the board let things carry on as they were for too long and i think Laudrup didn't give a 100% focus to small things that the players wernt happy with .

Other clubs have had no problem flexing out the backroom team,it sometimes happens,what was required was cool heads and a way to harness Laudrups talents with a fresh technical and perhaps modern backroom support group,if the players were unhappy with training and were taking it to the chairman the chairman should have nipped it in the bud,its not the first time this has come up, the USA tour also raised questions by the senior players.

Truth is neither party perhaps really wanted it to work out which is a shame.

did Laudrup deserve to go? on results then yes,on injuries and europa commitments then no.

To back up the Europa league thing having a negative effect then its wortth noting what Martin Allen said in the press today regarding us

"If you look at the trends, teams that qualify for the Europa League often struggle to cope.
: Swansea sacking Michael Laudrup after he won the Carling Cup and lead the team into the Europa League was a surprise
In Germany the two teams who qualified for the Europa League are at the wrong end of the Bundesliga table. Eintracht Frankfurt are 12th and Freiburg are 15th, just one place above relegation.
In Spain Real Betis qualified for the competition and are bottom of La Liga.
Last season Alan Pardew's Newcastle had a torrid time coping with the extra games and the travelling. It led to injuries, fatigue, defeats, a negative feeling and the prospect of relegation.

After winning manager of the year in the previous season, people were calling for Alan's head.
Now they are out of that competition and their key players have been available, he's shown what a good manager at Premier League level he is."

If you read the line that says "the extra games led to injuries,fatigue,defeats,a negative feeling and the prospect of relegation" then that is us in a nutshell.

My point is that bigger teams than Swansea have struggled to cope with Europa,so you could argue that Laudrup didnt quite deserve the sack after seeing what other teams went hrough.

If we didnt have europa league then im sure he would still be here,but would we have the likes of Bony and Michu .

Time will tell if sacking him was the right thing to do, me personally i think it was harsh .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:07 - Feb 10 with 2133 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:46 - Feb 10 by ymaohyd

No he stated as a matter of fact Laudrup didnt want any of the players phone numbers and that he didnt want the players to have his, then called him a strange chap for being this way.

Today pablo is quoted as saying that he received a phone message off Laudrup wishing him well, so what the OP said was Factually wrong and was closer to rumour mongering than any kind of truth.

Just because Darren says its true,doesn;t mean its true !!
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:09 - Feb 10 with 2129 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:48 - Feb 10 by Darran

I know it's the truth too.

No you dont FACT !
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:09 - Feb 10 with 2127 viewsjeza739

Totally agree with you re negative effect re Europa cup etc however HJ has stated he was sacked because of the eroding of the values that have made the club successful. When you look at these points, the demotivated squad,his apparent diminishing motivation for the job plus the dreadful run of results over last 30 YES 30 odd games I don't think there can be any argument. Remember, we are not a sacking club, so for us to do it especially at this stage of season there must have been no other option.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:13 - Feb 10 with 2116 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:09 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

No you dont FACT !

Yes I do. FACT
It'll all come out eventually.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:16 - Feb 10 with 2102 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:13 - Feb 10 by Darran

Yes I do. FACT
It'll all come out eventually.

So why does he have Pablo's number when you said he didn't want any of the players numbers ?? either your telling lies or Pablo is !!
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:22 - Feb 10 with 2088 viewsKennedy

Now we know why Pablo was the only one who is going to miss him...

The only one with his number :)

"It happened very fast. One day we were training with Michael and then he was gone," said Hernandez.

"Football is like this, sometimes the change is very fast. This is football.

"My relationship with Michael is good because he was my manager in Getafe and for the last year here.

"He couldn't come to the training ground to say goodbye so he text me. He wished me good luck for the rest of the season.

"I want to play because this has been a hard year for me with a lot of injuries.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Pablo-Hernandez-happy-stay-Swansea-City/

Just call me JFK

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:27 - Feb 10 with 2080 viewsLiberty

Just thinking, as he is banned from training ground to say goodbye, maybe he has asked club for their numbers, club take pity !!!

Long shot, as he may tap some of them up for next club.

Club would prob prefer no contact with players, as he's not going to say many great things about way it ended.

I give up, could remain a mystery until next players autobiography.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:29 - Feb 10 with 2075 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:16 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

So why does he have Pablo's number when you said he didn't want any of the players numbers ?? either your telling lies or Pablo is !!

You're just grousing because you were wrong about Monk becoming number 2 to Laudrup.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:30 - Feb 10 with 2074 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:09 - Feb 10 by jeza739

Totally agree with you re negative effect re Europa cup etc however HJ has stated he was sacked because of the eroding of the values that have made the club successful. When you look at these points, the demotivated squad,his apparent diminishing motivation for the job plus the dreadful run of results over last 30 YES 30 odd games I don't think there can be any argument. Remember, we are not a sacking club, so for us to do it especially at this stage of season there must have been no other option.

Which is why i said it was a problem that could have been fixed if both parties were more accomadating to each other.

From very early on there was a pining for Rdgers why of training and attention to detail, these things could have been brought up and put right, we could have explained we wanted to flex out other aspects of our coaching environment, the reason it didnt happen(apart from wining the cup and final and finishing 9th) was because the board felt we had ridden the storm and that everyone was on the beach so to speak.,hence how the season tailed off.

I feel it was a failiure of the board AND Laudrup to not ove forward together from the summer onwards, this is why we ended up in this situation (and europa) if the working relationship had been better it would have been easier to impliment the small changes needed to keep everything on an even keel, and inovate with Laudrup at the helm .

The fact we dont sack managers but will cough out multi millions on this one is because there was a failiure to take responsibility at the correct times and a failiure to comunicate on a human level.

It didnt need to get this far, if the stories are indeed correct that Laudrup was asked to place monk 2nd in command, something which he aparently agreed to do ,then they went and sacked him anyway , it shows the major failing was at least as much from our board than Laudrup eroding away our principles .

This is my personal view only. .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:32 - Feb 10 with 2069 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:27 - Feb 10 by Liberty

Just thinking, as he is banned from training ground to say goodbye, maybe he has asked club for their numbers, club take pity !!!

Long shot, as he may tap some of them up for next club.

Club would prob prefer no contact with players, as he's not going to say many great things about way it ended.

I give up, could remain a mystery until next players autobiography.

I would have thought all lines of comunication are now through the lawyers .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:33 - Feb 10 with 2062 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:30 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Which is why i said it was a problem that could have been fixed if both parties were more accomadating to each other.

From very early on there was a pining for Rdgers why of training and attention to detail, these things could have been brought up and put right, we could have explained we wanted to flex out other aspects of our coaching environment, the reason it didnt happen(apart from wining the cup and final and finishing 9th) was because the board felt we had ridden the storm and that everyone was on the beach so to speak.,hence how the season tailed off.

I feel it was a failiure of the board AND Laudrup to not ove forward together from the summer onwards, this is why we ended up in this situation (and europa) if the working relationship had been better it would have been easier to impliment the small changes needed to keep everything on an even keel, and inovate with Laudrup at the helm .

The fact we dont sack managers but will cough out multi millions on this one is because there was a failiure to take responsibility at the correct times and a failiure to comunicate on a human level.

It didnt need to get this far, if the stories are indeed correct that Laudrup was asked to place monk 2nd in command, something which he aparently agreed to do ,then they went and sacked him anyway , it shows the major failing was at least as much from our board than Laudrup eroding away our principles .

This is my personal view only. .

And you still can't see it wasn't only to do with footballing reasons?
Seriously all jokes aside have a word with yourself FFS.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:37 - Feb 10 with 2048 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:33 - Feb 10 by Darran

And you still can't see it wasn't only to do with footballing reasons?
Seriously all jokes aside have a word with yourself FFS.

Have a read again dummy, "move forward together" "failiure to comunicate on a human level "

tut tut , must do better dear boy
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:40 - Feb 10 with 2039 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:37 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Have a read again dummy, "move forward together" "failiure to comunicate on a human level "

tut tut , must do better dear boy

Well after just reading your too cold for Michu Wednesday night post I'm going to stop reading full stop.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:26 - Feb 10 with 1986 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:47 - Feb 10 by Darran

So just to get this right you refuse to answer my question,you do not recognise any of these traits in Michael Laudrup?

I think I already pointed out your desire to try and make 10 hens out of a feather.

No, I didn't observe those extreme claims you are making, which to me seems to b grasped from thin air.

Given your rumongering in this, I'm certainly starting to see what Laudrup meant when he was quoted to mention that he felt things mentioned in the gutterpress were exagerated out of proportions or plain lies.

You're not doing yourself or the affiliates any favours right now, Dar.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:39 - Feb 10 with 1958 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:26 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

I think I already pointed out your desire to try and make 10 hens out of a feather.

No, I didn't observe those extreme claims you are making, which to me seems to b grasped from thin air.

Given your rumongering in this, I'm certainly starting to see what Laudrup meant when he was quoted to mention that he felt things mentioned in the gutterpress were exagerated out of proportions or plain lies.

You're not doing yourself or the affiliates any favours right now, Dar.

Well I'm really sorry to say this Plasti but you're either blinded by love or telling lies.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:05 - Feb 10 with 1904 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:05 - Feb 10 by Odgaard

Well i dont agree, but with that said, i dont think ML is that great a manager...

He had Succes in Brondby, they have been shit since he left, he won the liga and the Cup twice. Getafe, he were also great, but leaved because he couldnt see them progress.. Moscow was awfull and Mallorca were more or less bankrupt.

THe real question for me is was ML the right manager? YES, for the long run NO!

I think and believe that HJ signing of ML is a masterstroke, even though it did not end well. Swansea is by size the smallest club to enter PL in last many years, with no financial backing, therefore is difficult to attract players with more quality than players from championship and others low levels league. Swansea needed a guy who could get players with higher level. I dont think Swansea could had get Michu, Paplo, Bony, Poz, Canas, JDG, AMat and Jonjo. It would have been signings like you see now Emnes and Ngog.. Even though they can look good, they dont get you anywhere... (Emnes is a fine player, but i have no confidence that he could improve swansea )

Signing Laudrup got swansea Further and the clubs reputation around the world has grown! Now its a better position than when Laudrup started at the club! And that is a success nothing less.. Was is because of Laudrup managing skills? maybe or might not, was it becuase of his great name ? i Think so..

You may certainly be correct about ML attracting Michu, Pablo and JDG, but not the others. I am sure the lure of playing for higher wages and in the UK Prem would have been enough for those languishing in lower Leagues on low wages .
I don't have a clue of whether or not Bony or Shelvey came for ML, Swansea or in Bony's case the Prem.

So I agree he left SCFC a better off club player wise.
But to suggest that Emnes is not better than Schecter and Vasquez is really pushing your lick.
In the time he was on he did more than JDG, but then these days that does not appear be to too hard as for some reason he is not playing to his full potential.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024