Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
match thread 19:09 - Aug 27 with 16993 viewsdanehoop

as no-one else wants to kick off:
League Cup second round

Burton v QPR (19:45 BST)

Posted at 19:04

Burton Albion: McLaughlin, Edwards, Cansdell-Sherriff, Mousinho, Taft, Sharps (c), MacDonald, Knowles, McGurk, Palmer, Harness. Subs: Lyness, McFadzean, Bell, Weir, Beavon, Blyth, Slade

QPR: Murphy, Simpson, Hill, Phillips, SWP, Onuoha, Faurlin, Henry, Dunne, Hoilett, Taarabt. Subs: Green, Fer, Mutch, Zamora, Ehmer, Doughty, Harriman

Never knowingly understood

match thread on 19:10 - Aug 27 with 5435 viewsdanehoop

So if there was any doubt about how Harry feels about the cup, we have the reserves and players in the shop window out tonight.

No actual striker there is there in the starting line up unless we are expecting Adel, SWP and Hoilet to use there height advantage in the middle.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 19:12]

match thread on 19:18 - Aug 27 with 5308 viewsbosh67

First glance you look at that side and think they'll possibly get battered. Then you look again and think, perhaps not.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

match thread on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 5285 viewsGloucs_R

match thread on 19:10 - Aug 27 by danehoop

So if there was any doubt about how Harry feels about the cup, we have the reserves and players in the shop window out tonight.

No actual striker there is there in the starting line up unless we are expecting Adel, SWP and Hoilet to use there height advantage in the middle.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 19:12]

Got to be the worst line up I have seen for a long time

Poll: Are we staying up?

match thread on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 5290 viewsjohann28

AT??????? Well I'm well and truly gobsmacked
match thread on 19:22 - Aug 27 with 5249 viewsGruntfuttock

Am I alone in thinking that this is actually a pretty good team. Ale, Hoilett, Onouha, Simpson, Phillips- even Adel's in there...
match thread on 19:24 - Aug 27 with 5200 viewsGloucs_R

match thread on 19:22 - Aug 27 by Gruntfuttock

Am I alone in thinking that this is actually a pretty good team. Ale, Hoilett, Onouha, Simpson, Phillips- even Adel's in there...

Yes. For me its a typical Harry statement.....these are you're reserves if thefirst team get injured Mr Fernandes. Expect them to lose.

match thread on 19:26 - Aug 27 with 5190 viewsFabMelo

Taarabt played the lone striker a few times our last go round in the Prem. We had some pretty good results as I remember.

Keep in mind as well that every other player in the starting XI was with us last year. Would love to see this lot (especially Faurlin and Simpson) dominate and give Harry something to think about for Saturday.
match thread on 19:27 - Aug 27 with 5172 viewsLoftusRdW12

Should be entertaining at least! The defence should be solid but the rest, anything could happen. Wish I was there!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 19:28]

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Login to get fewer ads

match thread on 19:31 - Aug 27 with 5095 viewsWestonsuperR

Harry admits certain players are short of match fitness, particularly the new boys and then picks none of them?
match thread on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 5033 viewsqueensparker

I was on the way home tonight praying that Harry would pick exactly the same XI as Spurs, with express instructions to get the f__k out there, show some effort, and purge Sunday's memory from their mind as quickly and conclusively as possible by piling in and battering a lower league team to get themselves back on track.

Looks like a pin the tail on the donkey lineup of reserves and frozen out players are going to wander about to yet another defeat instead (hope I'm wrong, some great players in that team, but this all looks very familiar)
match thread on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 5033 viewsdanehoop

match thread on 19:31 - Aug 27 by WestonsuperR

Harry admits certain players are short of match fitness, particularly the new boys and then picks none of them?

I just think he span the Tombola and these are the names that popped out.

match thread on 19:37 - Aug 27 with 4997 viewsSpiritofGregory

Let's hope Adel plays well, we could do with a fit focused Adel.
match thread on 19:37 - Aug 27 with 4996 viewsFredManRave

match thread on 19:18 - Aug 27 by bosh67

First glance you look at that side and think they'll possibly get battered. Then you look again and think, perhaps not.

When I first looked at your post I thought, I disagree with that but then when I looked at it again I thought, actually, I agree.

You're right though. Anything could happen in this game and it probably will.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

match thread on 19:39 - Aug 27 with 4964 viewsWatford_Ranger

A lot of flair, for want of a better word. It's either going to be a crushing defeat or a glorious easy victory you feel depending on whether or not they're that bothered. Probably the former.
match thread on 19:40 - Aug 27 with 4957 viewsdavman

match thread on 19:35 - Aug 27 by danehoop

I just think he span the Tombola and these are the names that popped out.

No surprises there, then...

...2-0 the capitulation I predicted earlier is optimistic by that line up. Sick of life as a 'top' club.

Still going to be there on Saturday though!

U Rrrrrrsssssss!!!!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

match thread on 19:40 - Aug 27 with 4944 viewswhittocksRs

Yun Suk-Yung must've sh@t in Harry's hat once for a joke or something. Poor bloke will never get a game.
match thread on 19:42 - Aug 27 with 4921 viewsqueensparker

match thread on 19:40 - Aug 27 by whittocksRs

Yun Suk-Yung must've sh@t in Harry's hat once for a joke or something. Poor bloke will never get a game.

True. After Traore's start to the season I had high hopes for him tonight. Must be injured?
match thread on 19:42 - Aug 27 with 4907 viewsJigsore

I reckon it'll be a bore draw

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

match thread on 19:45 - Aug 27 with 4862 viewsQPR_John

match thread on 19:26 - Aug 27 by FabMelo

Taarabt played the lone striker a few times our last go round in the Prem. We had some pretty good results as I remember.

Keep in mind as well that every other player in the starting XI was with us last year. Would love to see this lot (especially Faurlin and Simpson) dominate and give Harry something to think about for Saturday.

Faurlin could control the game and score a hat trick and still not play Saturday
match thread on 19:53 - Aug 27 with 4709 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

match thread on 19:45 - Aug 27 by QPR_John

Faurlin could control the game and score a hat trick and still not play Saturday

Sad but true

It's got to be Yarg

match thread on 19:54 - Aug 27 with 4678 viewsrunningman75

The enigma that is Taarabt. Frustrating genius maybe he can do something tonight. Remember Mark Hughes put him on the bench vs West Ham. We were appalling then Adel came on at sub scored a brilliant goal and lifted the atmosphere. We still lost but if someone could get his head or heart at Loftus Road would be a vital squad player.
match thread on 19:55 - Aug 27 with 4672 viewskensalriser

Can see Adel doing well here - if he runs at them they will simply bounce off when trying to tackle.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

match thread on 19:57 - Aug 27 with 4621 viewsenfieldargh

I think AT scored his only goal for Foolham away at Burton last season?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

match thread on 19:57 - Aug 27 with 4616 viewsBrazilNutR

suggests that Suk Yung is injured and not just out of favor??
match thread on 20:00 - Aug 27 with 4554 viewsGloucs_R

match thread on 19:55 - Aug 27 by kensalriser

Can see Adel doing well here - if he runs at them they will simply bounce off when trying to tackle.

Runs? Waddles!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024