Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread 23:42 - Sep 12 with 34691 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 14:43]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Sep 13 with 1611 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Sep 13 by monmouth

Sorry I know it's the wrong place but radio wales f*ck a duck. Blake - "Cardiff wouldn't put up with Pulis as the fans like to see football on the ground".........what planet do these dorks come from??

I saw their score at half time and so had assumed they'd won - looked at the scores at 10 past 5 and couldn't believe it.

They appear to be in 15th - I had understood from the Welsh media that they were going to 'run away with the title'. Heck of a lot of points to make up already.
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Sep 13 with 1604 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time to make a thread

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Sep 13 with 1561 viewsAnotherJohn

It would have been very interesting if Bafe has taken his second half chance. I thought he did okay overall, but that is the kind of opportunity you have to take if you are to get a shock result against a very strong team.
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:56 - Sep 13 with 1537 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Sep 13 by AnotherJohn

It would have been very interesting if Bafe has taken his second half chance. I thought he did okay overall, but that is the kind of opportunity you have to take if you are to get a shock result against a very strong team.

He struggled to hold the ball up, bring others into play and wasn't good enough defending the set pieces which is a crucial job in our team.

I think he'll be an excellent impact substitute but Bony must be our starting striker undoubtedly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:57 - Sep 13 with 1542 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Sep 13 by londonlisa2001

I assume that some of the usual suspects will go into meltdown, but make no mistake - that Chelsea team are unbelievably good and it is hard to see anyone but them win the league - they really are a class apart.

When the dust settles, there are very few teams that will come away from the Bridge this season having scored 2 and only taken a 2 goal hit on goal difference. I could easily imagine even the top 7 teams go there and get beaten by more goals than that - Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs could all easily take a hammering from them (after all, Everton took a three goal hit last game out and that was at home). Man Utd unless they improve could get ripped apart.

And amazingly, we really could have been three up in the first half with the Gomis and Routledge attempts.

We fell away, not because we played badly, but because they started to play as quick a pressing game as we started out playing, and their players are simply better. Their midfield is absolutely world class.

Having seen them against Everton, I went into today really fearing an absolute hammering on goal difference - we didn't get one, and for all that people will say that we could have conceded goals in the second half, we equally could have scored them in the first. On our showing today, I really think that we will have a very good season and we look like we may even be able to start holding our own against everyone apart from the 'big 2'. Proud of the team, proud of the fans.

I always think of you as an eloquent happy clapper Lisa but i agree with all of that. There are lessons to be learnt for sure but Chelsea are the form side in the league.
We achieved more than Everton and they were at home.
Let's see how things pan out and see what we can do to them on the return at the liberty.
Well done to all the fans that attended as well. Sounded great on the pathetic stream I was watching In my local club.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Sep 13 with 1509 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:57 - Sep 13 by Private_Partz

I always think of you as an eloquent happy clapper Lisa but i agree with all of that. There are lessons to be learnt for sure but Chelsea are the form side in the league.
We achieved more than Everton and they were at home.
Let's see how things pan out and see what we can do to them on the return at the liberty.
Well done to all the fans that attended as well. Sounded great on the pathetic stream I was watching In my local club.

I don't think I'm a happy clapper particularly - for instance, I had little doubt that we would get beaten today.

I think it's just that having spent the vast majority of my life supporting the Swans when we were utter crap, I like to make the most of it now. And I don't set my expectations too high - the problem we have is that some get out of control with expectations and therefore get angry when they're not met.
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:07 - Sep 13 with 1484 viewsmonmouth

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Sep 13 by londonlisa2001

I don't think I'm a happy clapper particularly - for instance, I had little doubt that we would get beaten today.

I think it's just that having spent the vast majority of my life supporting the Swans when we were utter crap, I like to make the most of it now. And I don't set my expectations too high - the problem we have is that some get out of control with expectations and therefore get angry when they're not met.

Eh?

You mean we're not going to win every game?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Sep 13 with 1477 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:07 - Sep 13 by monmouth

Eh?

You mean we're not going to win every game?

well, we'll win all of them apart from Chelsea & Man City away !!

I honestly think some people expected us to win today, or at least get a draw. I mean these things are always possible, but realistically it wasn't going to happen. Realistically if Madrid played at the Bridge at the moment, I would expect Chelsea to win, I really would.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Sep 13 with 1444 viewsC_jack

They will walk the league this year. We could have defended better but whatcha gonna do, they were too good.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:21 - Sep 13 with 1429 viewsPhil_S

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Sep 13 by C_jack

They will walk the league this year. We could have defended better but whatcha gonna do, they were too good.

They will never walk the league. A very good side but Chelsea often start well out of the blocks but are just cas capable of a bad run as much as anyone else

At the moment they are the best team and may well win the league but wins against Burnley, Leicester, Everton and Swansea are not a gauge of where they will end the season and certainly not enough to say that they will coast the league

IMO of course
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Sep 13 with 1417 viewsairedale

Be interesting to see how Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City do against each other. Could decide the PL race imo.

Don't know really who I'd bet on.
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Sep 13 with 1417 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 13 by Brynmill_Jack

What's he saying Neil, I've got him on ignore and it's cheered me up no end. No more antidepressants for me! Yippee, I'm king of the world!!!!

Just the usual twaddle. What's interesting is the other posters who I also consider to have some kind of mental illness rushing to the arrows in support.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:54 - Sep 13 with 1335 viewsmax936

Not the end of the World Ladies and Gents a 4-2 loss at Chelsea ain't a bad result, many teams will be happy to come away with that result this season.

Roll on next week.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Sep 13 with 1327 viewsperchrockjack

Mental illness again I see.
If some of youncretinscever have a family member who gets one you ll know how cheap a shot that is.

Some of this stuff on here is disgusting,,and it's supposed to have become better?

We have collected loads who simply want to insult without good cause.

For me, disability, mental illness and homophobia are no longer appropriate in modern life

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Sep 13 with 1320 viewsmax936

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Sep 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Big bouncy ones

Loves em me does Brynnie.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:03 - Sep 13 with 1309 viewsperchrockjack

Ok they won't walk the league then.

At this stage , of what we ve seen they ll win it in a canter. That better

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:14 - Sep 13 with 1291 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Sep 13 by max936

Loves em me does Brynnie.

There was a young lady from the railway,
Whose name could quite possibly be Amy,
OJ refers to her chest,
Which I think is the best,
I'd quite like her on my dingy to sail away

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:32 - Sep 13 with 1258 viewsPhil_S

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Sep 13 with 1228 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:32 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

Indeed. I think we may go up this season!

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Sep 13 with 1202 viewsImAlrightJack

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:58 - Sep 13 by jacksinceever

Sorry can you explain the Mars Bar bit? I'm a bit thick me!

In the England - Switzerland thread, he posted a picture of a Mars Bar on a billboard with the word "BELIEVE" in the usual Mars bar font when Engcr*p went 2-0 up, only for me to rip into him.
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Sep 13 with 1195 viewsImAlrightJack

Aston Crapper won then, hate that horrible make-up-the-numbers team supported by Tom Hanks and that window licker William.

"PREPARED" it says on their badge, they just got lucky and has anyone actually seen a Darfabet shop anywhere!?.

Those Cardiff fans on BBC Radio Wales were pure weight in comedy gold. Pulis wouldn't even touch them with a bare pole.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 20:11]
The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Sep 13 with 1158 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Sep 13 by perchrockjack

Mental illness again I see.
If some of youncretinscever have a family member who gets one you ll know how cheap a shot that is.

Some of this stuff on here is disgusting,,and it's supposed to have become better?

We have collected loads who simply want to insult without good cause.

For me, disability, mental illness and homophobia are no longer appropriate in modern life

It's not a cheap shot. I genuinely believe you have some kind of manic depression, which is very tedious to read.

daiLew is an obsessive compulsive

Dwight has some kind of neediness, only child separated from its mother? Maybe he'll grow out of it

Jackfaith has some kind of messianic complex going on

Plenty of poor mental health on display and needing to be tolerated here, gets a on my wick sometimes though. Really, have a f@cking look at yourselves.

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Sep 13 with 1152 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Also, responding to observations about your mental state with "my mate had that YOU MONSTER" and such like is deflection of the worst kind. Many many people deal with mental illness in themselves and others every day, it seems it's only YOU believe you are enough of a special little snowflake to understand what it means to deal with it, while others couldn't possibly ever understand.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 20:41]

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 1119 viewsperchrockjack

Neil.
Leave your job immediately.

You are wasted in here.

I m not going to insult as I'm banning myself from posting insults even to people like you..

You're living proof of how toxic this site has become..

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:01 - Sep 13 with 1115 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Chelsea v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Sep 13 by perchrockjack

Neil.
Leave your job immediately.

You are wasted in here.

I m not going to insult as I'm banning myself from posting insults even to people like you..

You're living proof of how toxic this site has become..

I wasn't the one calling people "cretins" in a post complaining about how discussing mental illness is "a cheap shot". Does your mind not even register that kind of thing even fleetingly?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024