Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums 03:30 - Sep 26 with 3682 viewsFredManRave

Obviously each to their own and my own choice for No1 thunderbastard debut album goes to;

With a special mention to;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 20:48 - Sep 26 with 1108 viewsisawqpratwcity

from my yoof...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 21:01 - Sep 26 with 1101 viewsLblock

Will always be one of my fondest albums; helped me with so many come downs and the backdrop to many a sunny Sunday afternoon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 21:24 - Sep 26 with 1083 viewsisawqpratwcity

more?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 21:27 - Sep 26 with 1083 viewsPunteR

There's guitar music,with 4 sometimes 5 talented musicians playing there instrument of choice. or there's this ,two talented blokes twiddling knobs on computers and samplers.

The album that inspired the chemical brothers..so i read.

stayin on the gangsta tip that us nerdy little white boys were listening to. Thunderbastardly good album

[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 21:43]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 21:37 - Sep 26 with 1076 viewsisawqpratwcity

yum

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 22:30 - Sep 26 with 1055 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 23:35 - Sep 26 with 1031 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 21:01 - Sep 26 by Lblock

Will always be one of my fondest albums; helped me with so many come downs and the backdrop to many a sunny Sunday afternoon

I still listen to this every now and then LBlock. Classic.
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 23:52 - Sep 26 with 1024 viewsCamberleyR

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 21:37 - Sep 26 by isawqpratwcity

yum

The Mama's and Papa's what?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 23:54 - Sep 26 with 1022 viewsCamberleyR

[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 23:56]

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:02 - Sep 27 with 1013 viewsCamberleyR

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:06 - Sep 27 with 1013 viewsjamois

It's still Friday in Costa Rica - so I'd like to add this wee work of purity

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:10 - Sep 27 with 1012 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dutch Supergroup (originally)

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:24 - Sep 27 with 1007 viewsPunteR

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:10 - Sep 27 by Metallica_Hoop

Dutch Supergroup (originally)

What are they now? surely you cant improve on Dutch Supergroup

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:37 - Sep 27 with 1003 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:24 - Sep 27 by PunteR

What are they now? surely you cant improve on Dutch Supergroup

It was an album of guest vocalists/players around a core.

The main singer was 19 and decided to carry on with some of the core and so they continued.

Much to my delight

[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 0:38]

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 01:51 - Sep 27 with 990 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Probably the kings of retro rock

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 02:54 - Sep 27 with 921 viewsSonofNorfolt

I've given this a bit of thought, and it's not as cut and dried as you first think.
In no particular order although all in my lifetime, and not necessarily to my liking.

Led Zeppelin, the eponymous album. Hugely influential, and superb.
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King. Taking jazz to prog.
Steely Dan - You can't buy a thrill, jazz to pop rock.
Roxy Music, introducing electronica into mainstream.
Sex Pistols - NMTB, The Clash's opener,
as is Joy Division's - Unknown Pleasures, although not for me,
Van Halen, introducing EVH's shredding guitar style, G n R's Appetite for Destruction, huge, but not for me either..
Pearl Jam - Ten, another new 'feel' for the zeitgeist. as was RATM's first and
Stone Roses, Oasis - Definitely Maybe, Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say etc
I'm sure NWA's was a massive influence without knowing enough about it myself, except that the song 'Straight Outta Compton' has as much bollox as it is possible for a song to have.
I haven't really touched upon soul or dance, as I am naive to exact origins of much of this.
As for the original post, The Stereophonics - 'Word gets around' is probably their best, but not as good as the Manic's opener, 'Generation Terrorists' which in turn is not a patch on their later 'The Holy Bible.'
I'll think of a few more when I'm asleep later. 'The Doors', etc
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 04:30 - Sep 27 with 907 viewsBklynRanger

Led Zep 1 and Ten I'll agree with Mel you big loveable homo.
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 06:33 - Sep 27 with 899 viewsElHoop

Not really a debut but debut solos seem to be allowed, so here goes, our Pete:

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 07:18 - Sep 27 with 891 viewsPommyhoop

Well I liked them anyway.Before they inevitably sold out...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 10:07 - Sep 27 with 868 viewsfrancisbowles

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 10:17 - Sep 27 with 864 viewsfrancisbowles

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 23:54 - Sep 26 by CamberleyR

[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 23:56]

Debut?

Great album probably his first decent one but what about 'wonderwall music' and electronic sound', both released prior to this?
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 10:32 - Sep 27 with 862 viewssmegma

Without going into a huge list going back to when i first bought a 7 inch single in WG Stores (Bush Market) I will stick to the 21st Century, I'd be here all day otherwise.

So debut albums in this century??

The Rakes.
Editors.
Public Service Broadcast.
Untitled Music Project.
Palma Violets.
The Others.
Carbon/Silicon.
The Officers.

But if I had to go for one album that totally blew me away it would have to be Savages debut.The best all female band there has ever been .
Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 11:08 - Sep 27 with 852 viewsMonahoop

New Boots and Panties - Ian Dury.
Rattus Norvegicus - The Stranglers.
Down by the Jetty - Dr Feelgood.
West Side Soul - Magic Sam. This guy, a blues guitar genius, only made two studio albums before sadly dying too young in '69. This was the best of the two.

Loads of others. Too many to mention.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 04:58 - Oct 5 with 806 viewsFredManRave

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 00:02 - Sep 27 by CamberleyR

I was just about to post the above having just had an 80's night. So instead of that classic I'll post this super classic instead;

Oh And;

[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 5:00]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Friday Music Thread of Thunderbastardly Good Debut Albums on 08:12 - Oct 5 with 791 viewsrichranger

Loads from the past - but this is my current favourite - think this lot will go far. Brilliant live too!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 8:15]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024