Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE 09:58 - Oct 3 with 11941 viewsNorthernr

Eyes down look in for another ten minutes of platitudes and excuses about missing full backs (sold), unfit players (somebody else's fault), and in depth analysis of the Ryder Cup. We're live from 10, or whenever Bondy Bond gets him here.

Christ on a bike we're on time.

Errrrrrm. Puffffffffffffffffffffff. Not sure until today, go out this morning and have a look at one or two. They've got to get through a session today, those on the borderline we'll see how they are.

Sandro had a knock on the head. It was a fing that 'appened. He's recovered.

Fought we played ok at Southampton. Got stronger in the second half. Hit the woodwork, had opportunities, better performance, but we need a result away from home as quick as we can, not easy, very very 'ard.

Two outstanding goals, their goal and Charlie's goal. Good strike, second goal for Charlie, let's hope he can go on a run of goals.

Can't rely on Charlie to score all the goals. If Charlie gets 15 he's had a great season. We need midfield players to score, wide players to score, they're not producing, we need six or seven a year from all different positions. Gareth Bale would score 15 goals from a wide area. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

Don't see West ham being down there, bought some good players, look a decent team, Sam's a fentastic fella, they'll be midtable.

Go back, see old friends, Bondy Bond on piano, fentastic club, went there as a 15 yo, always be a special club for me.

Haven't read Rio's book. (Rio enters with a signed copy) I might at some stage.

We've been a bit open, teams have got at our back four, we need to tighten up. Been difficult. Bought midfielders and they're never fit to play. Sandro been injured, Mutch injured, Joey Barton injured. Difficult to get a real settled group in there. No problems with Rio. Gareth Bale would protect your defence from a wide area. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

Didn't want Amalfitano, not a position we were looking for.

We're asking about Daniel Sturridge now. No bullsht. 'Arry wants to concentrate on QPR. But he's setting off on this one anyway. Roy was a club manager, now he wants best for England, wherever you are you're doing your best for where you are, if Daniel isn't really fit, I've had players go away on international duty unfit and come back still injured. Both top top managers, they'll sort it out. Gareth Bale would play injured for Wales in a wide area. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

We want Adel to be fit to play for QPR. Not sure about greenlight to leave in January, he had a greenlight in the summer and he's still here. If nobody pays the money he stays here. What him fit, out on the training ground, triffic player, want him playing for QPR.

Tiger Cubs question. That's nice of Sky TBF. High profile people should help charidee as much as we can. Great to see people 'avin a walk and raising some cash. I'll be sponsoring them.

'ere comes Wally......

Been difficult for everybody. Players I bought haven't played. Haven't seen Sandro on the pitch yet, Brought him in here as a top top player. Mutch has been injured. (Injuries are today's theme). Leroy Fer will be a top player when he gets up to speed. Need Joey fit. Unsettled team. Gareth Bale would play 35 games a season for you. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

Adel never played, never fit. Don't think he's trained twice since we started pre-season. Done some running with physios. Ankle injury, other issues, too many kebabs.

Got to have patience with Adel. I get on well with him. Triffic player. Fentastic.

I don't know if what the board said has made a difference at West Ham, good players in. He's brought Rigobert Song in (presumably means Alex). Stronger squad. Good squad. Always liked the left back from Ipswich, Cresswell (could have had him for £3m last month 'Arry).

Can Teddy Sheringham be a manager? And more importantly, who cares. Even Redknapp seems a bit annoyed with this. Don't know how involved he is, never seen him coach. Gives Bondy Bond the nod to start tuning up. Gareth Bale will be a great coach. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

I brought Les Ferdinand into Spurs when he was out of work. Why not? Good lads out there. Top top lads.

Gareth Bale.

Play em out Bondy.

This post has been edited by an administrator
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:21 - Oct 3 with 1418 viewsPinnerPaul

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:09 - Oct 3 by kropotkin41

Fair enough, Paul. Shall we say that Harry's managed my expectations a little too much at this stage and I'd like to hear (and see) something different.

Totally understand that, but I've given up on getting anything different from these, whoever the manager is.

Total waste of time, 95% of the time.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:24 - Oct 3 with 1413 viewsessextaxiboy

This thread now turns into a lynch mob every week .

Just the thing before a match day .
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:29 - Oct 3 with 1396 viewsAntti_Heinola

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:24 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Do you know what a lynch mob is?

Bare bones.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:41 - Oct 3 with 1384 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:29 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

Do you know what a lynch mob is?

Nope , havnt got a clue I just typed two random words , anyhow I googled it and found this .

a group of people who want to attack someone who they think has committed a serious crime.

How lucky was that FFS ??!!

Lots more about the rise of lynch mob mentality on social media and the like which is a bit more relevant but you get my drift . ... The Bard
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 1344 viewsHunterhoop

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:41 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Nope , havnt got a clue I just typed two random words , anyhow I googled it and found this .

a group of people who want to attack someone who they think has committed a serious crime.

How lucky was that FFS ??!!

Lots more about the rise of lynch mob mentality on social media and the like which is a bit more relevant but you get my drift . ... The Bard

But no one on here wants to attack HR or thinks he's committed a serious crime, so it's a fair question, given it's not an accurate description of this thread.

People question and ridicule the man because of his actions and words; that is very different to being a "lynch mob".
But then I'm sure you knew that, which begs the question again of why use that term?

Oh yes, for the effect of hyperbole in the defence of your beloved, of course!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:25 - Oct 3 with 1317 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:11 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

But no one on here wants to attack HR or thinks he's committed a serious crime, so it's a fair question, given it's not an accurate description of this thread.

People question and ridicule the man because of his actions and words; that is very different to being a "lynch mob".
But then I'm sure you knew that, which begs the question again of why use that term?

Oh yes, for the effect of hyperbole in the defence of your beloved, of course!

I used it in its modern context as I explained in the last paragraph . Its not only me that chooses to use it for an online witch hunt .

HR is not my beloved , he is the manager of my football club , who as a fan I believe has got as good a chance of any of getting the players we have to win the points to keep us up, and so I get behind him and give him a chance , especially after a handful of games .

I dont dislike him , I dont like him, I dont know him . If he went tomorrow he is history and irrelevant to me . I am just fcking sick of changing the manager and if he is as poor as most say , I will be wrong (big deal) and he will have and deserve a relegation on his record that is entirely his alone .

I also think that TF has an ego too big to admit another error and sack him early so where is the benefit of slagging him week after week .
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:28 - Oct 3 with 1309 viewsNorthernr

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 16:24 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Please see title of thread.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:52 - Oct 3 with 1277 viewsvblockranger

This week i find out that they have had to add a censure notice to the beginning of Tom and Jerry cartoons regarding the "racist imagery" and today i discover the words lynch mob are unacceptable to some on here? The world has gone made or maybe and more likely its just this country and the ridiculous people that live in it. Just words people now move along before you get offended for someone else to death.
Login to get fewer ads

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:53 - Oct 3 with 1277 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:28 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Well the title sort of set the tone for the thread , I am not sure you would have phrased it like that if you thought it would meet with universal approval/

Its your site and if you choose to float over a few crosses every week so the usual suspects can knock them in then fair enough .

I clicked on it because I wanted to read what he actually said .
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:59 - Oct 3 with 1268 viewsNorthernr

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:53 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Well the title sort of set the tone for the thread , I am not sure you would have phrased it like that if you thought it would meet with universal approval/

Its your site and if you choose to float over a few crosses every week so the usual suspects can knock them in then fair enough .

Ok, I shall label it very clearly next time, with a very positive title, so that people who want to avoid it can, and the tone will be doused in sunshine and sugar.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:06 - Oct 3 with 1250 viewsterryb

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:53 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Wouldn't it be better then for you to watch the press conference rather than reading a report that carries some artistic licence?

I believe this is available on the offie & certainly has been posted in it's entirity on Report.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:18 - Oct 3 with 1234 viewsHunterhoop

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:52 - Oct 3 by vblockranger

This week i find out that they have had to add a censure notice to the beginning of Tom and Jerry cartoons regarding the "racist imagery" and today i discover the words lynch mob are unacceptable to some on here? The world has gone made or maybe and more likely its just this country and the ridiculous people that live in it. Just words people now move along before you get offended for someone else to death.

I wasn't offended in the slightest. You misunderstand. I don't think this thread is at all a lunch mob or a witch hunt or any other similar metaphor. It's simply ridiculing a man for his actions and words. Given a lot of those words and actions are ridiculous, I think it's entirely fair.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:20 - Oct 3 with 1230 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:18 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

I wasn't offended in the slightest. You misunderstand. I don't think this thread is at all a lunch mob or a witch hunt or any other similar metaphor. It's simply ridiculing a man for his actions and words. Given a lot of those words and actions are ridiculous, I think it's entirely fair.

I didnt take it that you were offended , but I am not sure why you dont like the choice of words . Anyway here is a Guardian journalist using it in exactly the same context (its a random story)

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2010/feb/28/richard-dawkins-wisdom-of-crow
[Post edited 3 Oct 2014 18:23]
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:29 - Oct 3 with 1216 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:06 - Oct 3 by terryb

Wouldn't it be better then for you to watch the press conference rather than reading a report that carries some artistic licence?

I believe this is available on the offie & certainly has been posted in it's entirity on Report.

Its never carried artistic licence before.

I have not been on QPR Report since he kept linking to it on threads here. .. .
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 1213 viewsNorthernr

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:29 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Its never carried artistic licence before.

I have not been on QPR Report since he kept linking to it on threads here. .. .

"Its never carried artistic licence before."

Bullsht.

But for future reference, and to avoid confusion, THIS THREAD IS GOING TO CARRY ARTISTIC LICENCE FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS.

This post has been edited by an administrator
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:31 - Oct 3 with 1207 viewsHunterhoop

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:20 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

I didnt take it that you were offended , but I am not sure why you dont like the choice of words . Anyway here is a Guardian journalist using it in exactly the same context (its a random story)

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2010/feb/28/richard-dawkins-wisdom-of-crow
[Post edited 3 Oct 2014 18:23]

That was replying to someone else's post, Essex. My point is purely that I don't think there is any witch hunt or a lynch mob mentality, or whatever phrase you choose to use. This is just rational, life long QPR fans fed up with the man and ridiculing him for some of the ridiculous things he's done and said.

That's it. Nothing wrong with it. It doesn't need someone wading in and implying through metaphor that what is being said is "unreasonable". It isn't. If you don't like it or agree with it, fine, don't join in OR, as Clive tried to make very clear, don't click on and read the thread. Simple.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:40 - Oct 3 with 1192 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:31 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

That was replying to someone else's post, Essex. My point is purely that I don't think there is any witch hunt or a lynch mob mentality, or whatever phrase you choose to use. This is just rational, life long QPR fans fed up with the man and ridiculing him for some of the ridiculous things he's done and said.

That's it. Nothing wrong with it. It doesn't need someone wading in and implying through metaphor that what is being said is "unreasonable". It isn't. If you don't like it or agree with it, fine, don't join in OR, as Clive tried to make very clear, don't click on and read the thread. Simple.

Well this is a lifelong fan (1967) just trying to put a bit of balance in . I thought it was a place for debate but if you can only "join in " if you agree then carry on . Might get a bit boring after a page or two though .
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 18:58 - Oct 3 with 1160 viewskropotkin41

Thank f*ck and All the Old Gods for artistic licence, it's a great deal more entertaining and informative than Harry's own words. It is a misconception that art cannot convey truth. Now there's a philosophical topic worthy of this august forum/lunatic asylum (delete as appropriate).

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:00 - Oct 3 with 1159 viewsPommyhoop

Hardly a witch hunt.
More like shooting a big fat witch in a fish outfit who's stuck in a barrel. At point blank range.
With a double barreled shotgun.Sawn off .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:27 - Oct 3 with 1139 viewsFredManRave

Pretty please, with sugar on top, win the fcuking game Rangers.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:42 - Oct 3 with 1118 viewsterryb

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:27 - Oct 3 by FredManRave

Pretty please, with sugar on top, win the fcuking game Rangers.

That would do nicely!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 1097 viewsPinnerPaul

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 17:28 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Yes but its the people who don't like Harry who click on this thread every week just to slag him off.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 21:01 - Oct 3 with 1041 viewskensalriser

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:48 - Oct 3 by PinnerPaul

Yes but its the people who don't like Harry who click on this thread every week just to slag him off.

They don't need to click on this thread to slag off Harry, they can do that on any thread. And do, frequently.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 21:47 - Oct 3 with 1007 viewsingeminate

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 21:01 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

They don't need to click on this thread to slag off Harry, they can do that on any thread. And do, frequently.

Essextail seems a decent sort, but maybe next time just click on a different report of the press conference.

Or don't bother at all, you won't miss anything.

If you click on this one it's going to be a bit playful, as much aimed at sky, today's journalism as saggy chops - though to be fair given form he is always going to bear the brunt.

I think you are right it is a bit of a lunch mob when everyone piles in on redknapp, I am wavering and nor far off sharpening my pitch fork, the problem is he has made some incredible decisions lately and eventually last season becomes just that and he has to be judged anew. I say that knowing a good chunk think he under performed last year too which on balance I disagree with.

Anyway hecould make great strides in the right direction by playing ned at west ham! Here's hoping!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 22:36 - Oct 3 with 959 viewsMatch82

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 21:47 - Oct 3 by ingeminate

Essextail seems a decent sort, but maybe next time just click on a different report of the press conference.

Or don't bother at all, you won't miss anything.

If you click on this one it's going to be a bit playful, as much aimed at sky, today's journalism as saggy chops - though to be fair given form he is always going to bear the brunt.

I think you are right it is a bit of a lunch mob when everyone piles in on redknapp, I am wavering and nor far off sharpening my pitch fork, the problem is he has made some incredible decisions lately and eventually last season becomes just that and he has to be judged anew. I say that knowing a good chunk think he under performed last year too which on balance I disagree with.

Anyway hecould make great strides in the right direction by playing ned at west ham! Here's hoping!

Perhaps we could make this the official weekly "sack harry" thread?
People perfectly titled to their opinions on that and this seems a perfectly appropriate thread to share them on.

Would save us having to read the same thing in 30 other threads too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024