Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Day and his borrowing 15:23 - Nov 12 with 48121 viewswelshdale

Interesting (mind the pun) read

http://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bur
Mr Day and his borrowing on 23:32 - Nov 12 with 3895 viewsD_Alien

Mr Day and his borrowing on 23:19 - Nov 12 by TTNYear

Because Day has f'all money. And neither do his cohorts.

Simple really.

So, again...

Why?

Why Stewart Day and why bury?

Answers required from the likes of Pail

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mr Day and his borrowing on 23:54 - Nov 12 with 3824 viewsTTNYear

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Mr Day and his borrowing on 23:54 - Nov 12 with 3824 viewsSandyman

Considering the evidence repeated by David Conn, which has been out there for months, I honestly cannot believe that even bury fans are gormless enough, given the financial traumas of this century, to swallow all this B.S. from Day and the saps of Forever bury. Clearly, they are.
If you dig deep enough, you will find more "unusual" dealings. Some already have.

Bookmarking this. 29.01.2015. could be such fun.
Mr Day and his borrowing on 00:31 - Nov 13 with 3758 viewsjoecooke

Mr Day is up there, but i reckon Glenn Thomas is pulling the strings and its not like Glenn has any previous!

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Mr Day and his borrowing on 01:14 - Nov 13 with 3715 viewsdingdangblue

Mr Day and his borrowing on 20:08 - Nov 12 by PDIDDY

Haha, it's been out in the open for months, as you know. Next

Why the need to make any statements then if it's already 'out in the open' ? Let's just hope this all leads to some proper investigation now by the football league as to why all this money is being borrowed and spent by little old bury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Mr Day and his borrowing on 06:53 - Nov 13 with 3603 viewsPDIDDY

Up for work and still they go on

Gissa job

Mr Day and his borrowing on 06:58 - Nov 13 with 3604 viewsDomDale

A quick search on Twitter and it seems Bury's fans really are naive. Especially so considering events 2001-present day.

"@littleeliongirl: Money makes investment and investment makes money.
If the "loan" is verified to be paid back in a couple of weeks, whats the issue? #buryfc"

Amazing.

Investments are a hope of future benefit. No return guaranteed. What you'll find is guaranteed, is the loans against the stadium. If repayments are not serviced the stadium is sold.

I was thinking last night IF this all went bang bury could come out the other side fairly well a la Chester & Halifax. But they both kept their grounds...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Mr Day and his borrowing on 07:12 - Nov 13 with 3595 viewsaleanddale

Mr Day and his borrowing on 19:38 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

A response:

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-press-story-re-finance-2080774.as

In any business you must justify a legal transaction to warrant earned income and as such at times some calculated risk needs to take place.

So they are taking a risk then?? How big is the fookin calculation!!
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Day and his borrowing on 07:21 - Nov 13 with 3584 viewsTalkingSutty

Mr Day and his borrowing on 01:14 - Nov 13 by dingdangblue

Why the need to make any statements then if it's already 'out in the open' ? Let's just hope this all leads to some proper investigation now by the football league as to why all this money is being borrowed and spent by little old bury.

It needs investigating because this club has form for it......cheating!! That's what it boils down to, they spend money they haven't got to purchase players who obviously should be playing at a higher level and consequently all other teams in league two are at a disadvantage.

Stockport County went down the same route, we where cheated out of promotion that season because just like bURY they decided to cheat, they are paying for it now.There won't be any sympathy this time when the shit hits the fan and the supporters are just has culpable for sitting on their hands and lapping it all up. Surprised Flicker can't see the wood for the trees.

The Stockport and burys of this world deserve everything they get.....nobody likes a cheat !!
Mr Day and his borrowing on 10:09 - Nov 13 with 3418 viewsrobbowood

Mr Day and his borrowing on 21:13 - Nov 12 by BigDaveMyCock

"he's a chap who likes to make money and does"

Makes you wonder why a man of such means requires a near bankrupt football club to secure a loan at ridiculously high rates of interest to conduct his business?

presumably because the main UK banks won't lend Mr Day any more money (at reasonable interest rates) so he has to look elsewhere

these other lenders will want security on their loan and the freehold of Gigg Lane obviously provides just that

if Mr Day has other assets it makes you wonder why he is using Gigg Lane as security for a loan, which appears to have nothing to do with BFC, for use in his other businesses
Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:12 - Nov 13 with 3340 viewsdingdangblue

'None of these funds has been used for players'.

So let me get this right - before the take over bury had no funds to pay for players and were struggling to make ends meet and going out of the league with a rubbish squad.
After the takeover they loan 1 million against the ground at astronomical interest rates, get loads of quality players in ..............but none of the loan money is being used on players?????

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:19 - Nov 13 with 3332 viewsSuddenLad

Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:12 - Nov 13 by dingdangblue

'None of these funds has been used for players'.

So let me get this right - before the take over bury had no funds to pay for players and were struggling to make ends meet and going out of the league with a rubbish squad.
After the takeover they loan 1 million against the ground at astronomical interest rates, get loads of quality players in ..............but none of the loan money is being used on players?????

Which begs the question, where is the money coming from that DOES fund the players signings and wages. ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:34 - Nov 13 with 3309 viewsrobbowood

Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:19 - Nov 13 by SuddenLad

Which begs the question, where is the money coming from that DOES fund the players signings and wages. ??

it would be unlikely the money is coming from the BFC bank account as the accounts to 31 May 2013, before Mr Day’s ownership, show a £724,688 loss (it 's highly unlikely they made a profit in the year to 31 May 2014)

unless of course they were spending money they haven't got even before all this loan money started coming in (which allegedly isn'f for BFC)

the BFC forum says "We have signed up about a dozen businesses and another thread said that each paid about £5000 so with costs deducted that's about £50,000"

an amount not to be sniffed at but it will hardly pay for an average league 2 player never mind one of the better ones
Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:36 - Nov 13 with 3305 viewsSuddenLad

Mr Day and his borrowing on 11:34 - Nov 13 by robbowood

it would be unlikely the money is coming from the BFC bank account as the accounts to 31 May 2013, before Mr Day’s ownership, show a £724,688 loss (it 's highly unlikely they made a profit in the year to 31 May 2014)

unless of course they were spending money they haven't got even before all this loan money started coming in (which allegedly isn'f for BFC)

the BFC forum says "We have signed up about a dozen businesses and another thread said that each paid about £5000 so with costs deducted that's about £50,000"

an amount not to be sniffed at but it will hardly pay for an average league 2 player never mind one of the better ones

And never mind a squad of players, some of who will be earning more than £50,000 per annum EACH.

More questions than answers.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mr Day and his borrowing on 17:34 - Nov 13 with 3060 viewsaleanddale

No one is as blind as those who will not see.

Never has a quote been so apt for the vast majority of the Giggle lane regulars.
Mr Day and his borrowing on 17:51 - Nov 13 with 3025 viewsaleanddale

Oooo this is hilarious!! and getting quite tasty!!

The Guardian have responded to the bURY boards response!!

and i kid you not live from Gigglelane.com 2 nuggets >>

Some joker basing the Milky Bar kids business model for bURY on the Glazer United model. Got to borrow to attract the serious investment!! erm - warburton baps are out of there league their latest "club partner" is a stationary shop!!

and the best of all >>>>>

a serious exchange on the messageboard on what to do if a message boarder wins the euro millions!!!

FFS - they really are a bunch arnt they.
Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:48 - Nov 13 with 2937 viewsjudd

Apparently David Conn is on 5 Live tonight at 7pm.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:53 - Nov 13 with 2926 viewsKenBoon

Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:48 - Nov 13 by judd

Apparently David Conn is on 5 Live tonight at 7pm.

I suspect he'll be talking about the FIFA joke. There's a really good piece by him on the Guardian website. It's well worth reading.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/13/fifa-ethics-report-summary-
Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:54 - Nov 13 with 2920 viewsjudd

Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:53 - Nov 13 by KenBoon

I suspect he'll be talking about the FIFA joke. There's a really good piece by him on the Guardian website. It's well worth reading.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/13/fifa-ethics-report-summary-

FIFA more newsworthy than bury?

Are you mad?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:59 - Nov 13 with 2902 viewsKenBoon

Mr Day and his borrowing on 18:54 - Nov 13 by judd

FIFA more newsworthy than bury?

Are you mad?

Now I never said that!
"The Boon"
Mr Day and his borrowing on 19:28 - Nov 13 with 2839 viewsDomDale

The naïveté amongst their fans is laughable. If this was happening at Dale I'd be worried about the collapse of the club.
I hope this goes tits up. If anything to teach them - and the rest of the footballing world - a lesson.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Mr Day and his borrowing on 19:45 - Nov 13 with 2789 viewsnordenblue

Mr Day and his borrowing on 19:28 - Nov 13 by DomDale

The naïveté amongst their fans is laughable. If this was happening at Dale I'd be worried about the collapse of the club.
I hope this goes tits up. If anything to teach them - and the rest of the footballing world - a lesson.

Some mug will come along again and fall for their sob stories and pull them out the brown stuff,
Mr Day and his borrowing on 20:36 - Nov 13 with 2703 views49thseason

With all their history I'm surprised they haven't applied for a Heritage Lottery Grant
Mr Day and his borrowing on 21:50 - Nov 13 with 2585 viewsPale_Dale

Mr Day and his borrowing on 19:28 - Nov 13 by DomDale

Why would you hope it goes tits up rather than the other way? Just sounds like a bitter individual.
Mr Day and his borrowing on 23:25 - Nov 13 with 2475 viewsdownunder

Mr Day and his borrowing on 21:50 - Nov 13 by Pale_Dale

Why would you hope it goes tits up rather than the other way? Just sounds like a bitter individual.

I think Dom Dale would like to see bURY go tits up, just to teach them, and the rest of football, a lesson.
Should have gone to specsavers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024