Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie and Simpson 21:11 - Mar 16 with 12227 viewskysersosaqpr

Watching Mackie play for Reading. Why the f ck have we sold the likes of him and Simpson - and don't say they are less talented than the other tw ts we currently play. Both of them on the right giving 100% like they always did - what a difference players who try like them would make...?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Mackie and Simpson on 11:25 - Mar 17 with 2517 viewssimmo

Burnley are possibly staying up with a team of Jamie Mackies.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackie and Simpson on 11:46 - Mar 17 with 2491 viewsJonDoeman

Mackie and Simpson on 11:25 - Mar 17 by simmo

We all dream of a team of Mackies!!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:46]

It Is What It Is !!

Mackie and Simpson on 11:50 - Mar 17 with 2488 viewsJonDoeman

Mackie and Simpson on 11:18 - Mar 17 by JordanFoster

I always thought Mackie was under-rated, I don't get the 'wasn't good enough in Prem' line as he gave a torrid time to the likes of Evra, Cole and Gibbs in the year we just stayed up.

Incredible athlete too.

He's done more for us in the prem than some of these so called prem quality players who've replaced him. He'd have done more for us this season than the little boy Vargas n'all!!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:50]

It Is What It Is !!

Mackie and Simpson on 11:54 - Mar 17 with 2480 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie and Simpson on 11:25 - Mar 17 by simmo

No one in the Burnley starting 11 is as technically poor as Jamie Mackie.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie and Simpson on 12:09 - Mar 17 with 2463 viewsJonDoeman

Mackie and Simpson on 11:54 - Mar 17 by WestbourneR

You can have great technique tho and be of no use to a team, I'd sacrifice a bit of it for fitness, heart, guts & attitude!

It Is What It Is !!

Mackie and Simpson on 12:10 - Mar 17 with 2459 viewssimmo

Mackie and Simpson on 11:54 - Mar 17 by WestbourneR

Nobody in the Burnley team have as much technical ability as those at Man City.

1-0 Burnley (and 2-2 at the Etihad).

They have a sprinkling of quality, with Ings and Boyd chief amongst them, but first and foremost, they run hard, don't make key errors and do the basics right. They translate onto the pitch exactly what their manager wants and if you slack off or make mistakes, you won't beat them.

Everybody slates the likes of Mackie for not being good enough on paper, whilst watching vastly bigger names turn in completely dog shit performances for 804 times the money.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 12:12]

Mackie and Simpson on 12:16 - Mar 17 with 2446 viewsJonDoeman

Mackie and Simpson on 12:10 - Mar 17 by simmo

They have a sprinkling of quality, with Ings and Boyd chief amongst them, but first and foremost, they run hard, don't make key errors and do the basics right. They translate onto the pitch exactly what their manager wants and if you slack off or make mistakes, you won't beat them.

Everybody slates the likes of Mackie for not being good enough on paper, whilst watching vastly bigger names turn in completely dog shit performances for 804 times the money.

Well said Simmo.

Now I've accepted our fate, I'm hoping Burnley stay up, much to admire there.

It Is What It Is !!

Mackie and Simpson on 12:18 - Mar 17 with 2439 viewsCHUBBS

Not good enough?
Toilet isn't fit to wipe Mackies ass while SWP should just be executed for crimes against humanity!
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie and Simpson on 12:19 - Mar 17 with 2440 viewsJamie

Mackie and Simpson on 12:10 - Mar 17 by simmo

But then the poster in question vociferously campaigned for the removal of Warnock and his disciplined, drilled teams in favour of Mark Hughes...
Mackie and Simpson on 12:34 - Mar 17 with 2419 viewswhittocksRs

I think that if Tango and Cash hadn't held out for every last penny from Fernandes at the start of 2011-12 Warnock would have been able to keep Routledge and strengthen elsewhere rather than what ended up happening — panic buying with Tony's big cheque book.

Warnock's big error was bombing out Gorkss, Connolly, Derry and Hill too quickly. You look at teams that successfully transition from Championship to Premier League and it is always done by sticking with the dressing room characters, the men that give 110% and the systems that got you there in the first place and slowly — very slowly — adding Premier League quality.

Stoke did it, West Brom did it (eventually), Hull did it, Swansea did it and Southampton did it. We, more than any other team, have done the exact opposite under Fernandes.
Mackie and Simpson on 12:47 - Mar 17 with 2399 viewsYorkRanger

Mackie should never have been sold. We needed more players like Mackie not less. Not the greatest perhaps at Premiership level, but easily good enough to hold his own as a squad player and would have have numerous opportunities to play a part (including in front of the right back at Palace on Saturday).

Simpson's sale was equally baffling and has hurt us.
Mackie and Simpson on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 2365 viewsTacticalR

Mackie and Simpson. It should have been a TV series.

Air hostess clique

Mackie and Simpson on 13:24 - Mar 17 with 2348 viewsderbyhoop

A bit of history being re-written.
Mackie had a season in the top flight. For all his endeavour, he wasn't good enough. When he was told he wouldn't be a regular starter he wanted to go where he would. And we got a decent fee. Nobody has tried to get him back to the PL. He's a decent Championship player who gets by on effort rather than ability.
The reason we didn't get Routledge was that Tango & Cash were busy with their exit plan, which involved spending nothing. By the time TF took over Warnock was left to shop in the bargain basement. So we ended up with SWP and Anton Ferdinand.
Anybody who believed that, even at his best, Gorkss was a PL player needs to understand the pace of the game. He never had any in the Championship. In fact, I stated regularly that, at 58, I would have done him for pace. And I meant it,
Simpson had been let go by Man Utd and Newcastle before he came to us. We got a decent fee for him and replaced him with Isla. He couldn't get in the Leicester side (ahead of De Laet, FFS) at the start of the season and although he's played quite a few games for them, I'm not sure we can use that club as a model of PL defending.

I agree with Seb, who said, it is not getting rid of players but who comes in as replacements. Sadly, too many of the better quality(?) replacements have not been up to it. But that's what you get when you're expected to struggle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mackie and Simpson on 13:54 - Mar 17 with 2319 viewsNorthernr

Said it at the time and will say it forever - absolutely bloody ludicrous decision to let him go. This "he wasn't getting first team football" line annoys the hell out of me as well. Why wasn't he? Because of fcking Redknapp is why.

He fitted well here, he liked it here, the fans liked him here, he wasn't injury prone, he wasn't old, he wasn't a problem around the place and he wasn't a bad player. He'd certainly have done us a job last season, as he had before, and he'd be doing us a job now.
Mackie and Simpson on 13:58 - Mar 17 with 2315 viewsJordanFoster

Mackie and Simpson on 13:24 - Mar 17 by derbyhoop

Mackie had a season in the top flight. For all his endeavour, he wasn't good enough. When he was told he wouldn't be a regular starter he wanted to go where he would. And we got a decent fee. Nobody has tried to get him back to the PL. He's a decent Championship player who gets by on effort rather than ability.
The reason we didn't get Routledge was that Tango & Cash were busy with their exit plan, which involved spending nothing. By the time TF took over Warnock was left to shop in the bargain basement. So we ended up with SWP and Anton Ferdinand.
Anybody who believed that, even at his best, Gorkss was a PL player needs to understand the pace of the game. He never had any in the Championship. In fact, I stated regularly that, at 58, I would have done him for pace. And I meant it,
Simpson had been let go by Man Utd and Newcastle before he came to us. We got a decent fee for him and replaced him with Isla. He couldn't get in the Leicester side (ahead of De Laet, FFS) at the start of the season and although he's played quite a few games for them, I'm not sure we can use that club as a model of PL defending.

I agree with Seb, who said, it is not getting rid of players but who comes in as replacements. Sadly, too many of the better quality(?) replacements have not been up to it. But that's what you get when you're expected to struggle.

Agree with all of it except the Warnock line. It's spin and myth that he didn't have money because of the impending takeove!

No-one is better at self-promotion and preservation than Warnock and his excuses for the signings show that especially as they've been bought by everyone.

I never understood the hype with Simpson, had a history of attracting negative press, couldn't really defend or get forward that well despite a very glamorous CV.
Mackie and Simpson on 14:06 - Mar 17 with 2168 viewseastside_r

Mackie scored seven goals in the 2011-12 PL season, one fewer than top scorer Helguson. This in a team that barely survived relegation.

Mackie not good enough? Good enough for me.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 14:07]
Mackie and Simpson on 14:10 - Mar 17 with 2160 viewskropotkin41

Mistakes were made, but above all our soul was sold. And we're paying for and are going to go on paying for it. One of the reasons I think that relegation might not be the worst thing is that - should we survive whatever bo**ocks the FA has in store for us - we might just might be allowed to rebuild sensibly and become the club and the team we all seem to want.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mackie and Simpson on 14:16 - Mar 17 with 2155 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie and Simpson on 12:19 - Mar 17 by Jamie

But then the poster in question vociferously campaigned for the removal of Warnock and his disciplined, drilled teams in favour of Mark Hughes...

I love your obsession. Do you want my number or something?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie and Simpson on 14:21 - Mar 17 with 2149 viewssimmo

Mackie and Simpson on 13:58 - Mar 17 by JordanFoster

Agree with all of it except the Warnock line. It's spin and myth that he didn't have money because of the impending takeove!

No-one is better at self-promotion and preservation than Warnock and his excuses for the signings show that especially as they've been bought by everyone.

I never understood the hype with Simpson, had a history of attracting negative press, couldn't really defend or get forward that well despite a very glamorous CV.

Have a look at the performances with and then without Simpson last season, the difference was massive. Also the only press I have seen from him recently is his continued patronage of the Kiyan Prince foundation.

Their isn't 'hype', just an understanding that for a club of our size he was/is a perfectly good right back, who we sold to replace him with a (LOAN) wing back that spent time playing out of position before having to adjust to a flat back 4. Selling Simpson has turned out to be a massive mistake, something 90% of fans called at the time.

Mackie and Simpson on 15:00 - Mar 17 with 2122 viewsJordanFoster

Mackie and Simpson on 14:21 - Mar 17 by simmo

Have a look at the performances with and then without Simpson last season, the difference was massive. Also the only press I have seen from him recently is his continued patronage of the Kiyan Prince foundation.

Their isn't 'hype', just an understanding that for a club of our size he was/is a perfectly good right back, who we sold to replace him with a (LOAN) wing back that spent time playing out of position before having to adjust to a flat back 4. Selling Simpson has turned out to be a massive mistake, something 90% of fans called at the time.

I've had a look at his performances and it's just my opinion.

Firstly, he played 41 times last year and got 2 assists. For a full-back that bases his game on getting forward that's a fairly poor return, it's not like he's an out-and-out defender first and foremost because he got the runaround at Championship level.

Even when he got forward, which to be fair he did often, his final ball was often lacking.

I didn't mean hype from QPR fans, I just meant in general, I'm not sure how he has played for the clubs he has. He's a good right-back and yes, we are clearly lacking in that area now but that doesn't mean Simpson is the answer.

Just for the point of discussion I find the sale of Mackie far more flabbergasting than the one of Simpson.
Mackie and Simpson on 16:11 - Mar 17 with 2085 viewsClive_Anderson

Mackie and Simpson on 14:06 - Mar 17 by eastside_r

Mackie scored seven goals in the 2011-12 PL season, one fewer than top scorer Helguson. This in a team that barely survived relegation.

Mackie not good enough? Good enough for me.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 14:07]

Whilst being played out on the wing.
Mackie and Simpson on 17:39 - Mar 17 with 2034 viewswhittocksRs

The point isn't how good or not good the Championship-winning team was, it's about keeping the core of a team together, keeping morale high and leaders feeling like they're valued. That's where Warnock went wrong.

And you cannot tell me Anton Ferdinand was in any single way an improvement on Gorkss.
Mackie and Simpson on 17:58 - Mar 17 with 2018 viewsHarbour

Mackie and Simpson on 13:54 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Said it at the time and will say it forever - absolutely bloody ludicrous decision to let him go. This "he wasn't getting first team football" line annoys the hell out of me as well. Why wasn't he? Because of fcking Redknapp is why.

He fitted well here, he liked it here, the fans liked him here, he wasn't injury prone, he wasn't old, he wasn't a problem around the place and he wasn't a bad player. He'd certainly have done us a job last season, as he had before, and he'd be doing us a job now.

+1 JM was a fantastic player gave 100% every time he played scored some incredible and important goals in the PL ....Liverpool & man city to name two. looking at likes of zarate vargas hoilet SWP ....he was miles better than all of these..
Mackie and Simpson on 17:59 - Mar 17 with 2018 viewsMatch82

Mackie and Simpson on 17:39 - Mar 17 by whittocksRs

The point isn't how good or not good the Championship-winning team was, it's about keeping the core of a team together, keeping morale high and leaders feeling like they're valued. That's where Warnock went wrong.

And you cannot tell me Anton Ferdinand was in any single way an improvement on Gorkss.

If I recall correctly, Gorkss was sold against Warnocks wishes, prior to TF coming in?

Or was it just after?
Mackie and Simpson on 19:00 - Mar 17 with 1995 viewsqueensparker

The fact that we've spent tens of millions of pounds since he left and Mackie would have walked into that team against Palace (and been a marked improvement on the guy playing there) says it all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024