Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey is and will be a disaster 22:11 - May 25 with 21692 viewsWestbourneR

Of all the terrible decisions TF has made giving Ramsey a long term contract takes the biscuit.

Mark my words he'll be fired after 15 games next season. I just hope he's goes in time for someone else to turn it around.

How you can give someone the job when they've got a record as caretaker like that is totally beyond me. People say 'he took over a bad situation' well he succeeded in making it even worse!

The worst bit is we're missing out on great people like Warburton, Clement and McLaren too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:07 - May 26 with 2470 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 22:34 - May 25 by SpiritofGregory

Another ridiculous decision - we're rewarding failure. Even when there are quality managers like Warburton available we don't grab him. I just don't understand it.

Why cant you get it ? They wont come without knowing what the budget is , they have to work with Ferdinand .They start with 15 odd players under contract with 3 or 4 likely to go and a bunch of untried kids . Its a poisoned chalice and we should get behind the bloke who is willing to take it on ..
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:21 - May 26 with 2446 viewsMvpeter

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:10 - May 26 by daveB

I wasn't screaming for anything, my opinion when Redknapps head was being called for was that if we give someone else the job they won't have a magic switch and would struggle to get results with the same players, especially as we didn't have another bottom half team at home to play. Also felt that if a new man came in and gave the kids a chance etc we'd quickly be calling for a different kind of manager which is exactly what happened.

I always felt it was best to leave Redknapp in charge, take the relegation and start again in the summer with a new man being given time. As it's happened the nonsense knee story and him bottling it meant we had no real choice but it's meant the new man is going to carry the can into next season. It's similar to when Holloway took over but back then we were a bit more realistic about the club and Holloway was given time, thats not going to happen this time. Patience and common sense left this building a long time ago,

To me it always seemed that the majority on here wanted a manager who did more coaching, a manager looking to build a team, give youth a chance and not just look for more signings. That is what Ramsey will do. The results this season have been poor but it's with someone else's team. I think that now he has the job and the opportunity to put his own team together that is what he should be judged on. He may well be a disaster but he's got the job and slaughtering the bloke before he's got started seems pointless to me.

People weren't screaming for youth to be thrown in for no reason. They were screaming during the very specific times where we put extremely round pegs into extremely square holes and signing players to not play. Aaron Hughes at wingback. Oychoi (Or whatever) and Chevanton. Specific instances like this. Nobody complained when Furlong played with no options. Nobody complained that Doughty came on for 5-10 at the end of games. They complained when Furlong was picked to start with no cover ahead of him and a recovered Isla on the bench. A decision taken because for some obscure reason South Americans aren't part of the Agenda.

It is not in any way like when Holloway took over. He was a 38 year old former R who'd already been successful as a football manager and was taking over a team sliding to league one in administration. Ramsey is a 53 year old career youth coach. He is actually older than Olly despite attempting to start his new career 19 years after Olly. The two situations are completely different. But no go ahead and believe that it's the fans that have changed and not the club.

'To me it always seemed that the majority on here wanted a manager who did more coaching, a manager looking to build a team, give youth a chance and not just look for more signings. '

You could have ended that sentence after 13 words and you would see that your description already is not applicable. This is not the person that anybody wanted, nowhere close and it's a little disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Slaughtering THE DECISION is the only way that they will learn. No more of this 'oh hindsight, who was to know' bollocks that they peddle.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:28 - May 26 with 2433 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:21 - May 26 by Mvpeter

People weren't screaming for youth to be thrown in for no reason. They were screaming during the very specific times where we put extremely round pegs into extremely square holes and signing players to not play. Aaron Hughes at wingback. Oychoi (Or whatever) and Chevanton. Specific instances like this. Nobody complained when Furlong played with no options. Nobody complained that Doughty came on for 5-10 at the end of games. They complained when Furlong was picked to start with no cover ahead of him and a recovered Isla on the bench. A decision taken because for some obscure reason South Americans aren't part of the Agenda.

It is not in any way like when Holloway took over. He was a 38 year old former R who'd already been successful as a football manager and was taking over a team sliding to league one in administration. Ramsey is a 53 year old career youth coach. He is actually older than Olly despite attempting to start his new career 19 years after Olly. The two situations are completely different. But no go ahead and believe that it's the fans that have changed and not the club.

'To me it always seemed that the majority on here wanted a manager who did more coaching, a manager looking to build a team, give youth a chance and not just look for more signings. '

You could have ended that sentence after 13 words and you would see that your description already is not applicable. This is not the person that anybody wanted, nowhere close and it's a little disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Slaughtering THE DECISION is the only way that they will learn. No more of this 'oh hindsight, who was to know' bollocks that they peddle.

A Number One.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:33 - May 26 with 2420 viewsCamberleyR

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 06:21 - May 26 by Hitch

Just interested um, of the 15 games how many do we win?

At best, three.

P15 W3 D4 L8 = a board statement on qpr.co.uk stating "Queens Park Rangers Football Club have today announced that first team head coach Chris Ramsey is to leave the club by mutual consent. The club feel it was a difficult decision to make but was in the club's best interests if they are to move forward. We wish Chris well for the future and thank him for all his hard work"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:43 - May 26 with 2376 viewsstuabd

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:07 - May 26 by essextaxiboy

Why cant you get it ? They wont come without knowing what the budget is , they have to work with Ferdinand .They start with 15 odd players under contract with 3 or 4 likely to go and a bunch of untried kids . Its a poisoned chalice and we should get behind the bloke who is willing to take it on ..

How do you know that he won't take the job? Slightly presumptuous there.

So Ramsay is doing us a favour by taking the job. I'm sorry Taxi but that is not your strongest argument in favour of appointing him.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:46 - May 26 with 2367 viewsstuabd

What a great post! Perfectly put.

I have never felt so disappointed with an appointment as I do with this one. Doomed.

There are no reasons to appoint this bloke other than he can work with Les. To me, that's not enough.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 9:49]
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:47 - May 26 with 2365 viewsessextaxiboy

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/38376

This was only 6 weeks ago , I didnt see a great wave of negativity in response There are other threads with a good proportion in favour of CR getting the job . You say that " nobody wanted Ramsey , not even close " Thats not right, the names are there in the archives
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:48 - May 26 with 2365 viewsfakekerby

Superb post.

I'm already tired of being told we've got "what we wanted", or told i'm impatient because i've not given him a chance. I'm sorry, but Ramsey has been a disaster.

I did NOT want the following:-

- Relegation with a whimper
- Worst form in the division
- ONE win at home
- Alienation of all the talented players in favour of "hard work" i.e. this chaps runs about a lot so let's use him
- SWP near the team
- Adel, Vargas, Isla nowhere near the team
- Old school hoof and hope tactics
- Being told someone is an excellent coach because ONE player has improved under him
- Being told despite several players becoming WORSE under him that he's such an excellent coach
- A 53 year old with ZERO top flight management experience in charge of my club at arguably the most important point in its history
- No interview process for a manager or a director of football
- To be told SWP and Barton are wonderful and the sun shines out of their backsides
- To be lied to and treated like I can't see what is happening on the pitch with my own eyes, i.e. "we lost 5-1 but with pride" - F OFF!
- My club captain calling out a club legend over twitter in front of the entire nation and then praised by the new manager while being criticised by the director of football, what a mess
- Kids thrown in without any protection or thought about who their opponents will be - yes there's never an easy game in the Prem - but Furlong vs. Sanchez was only going one way, whereas Furlong vs bottom half wingers, the kid may have stood a chance
- Managers like Warburton, McLaren not even considered, no interviews for others out there like Holloway, Hasselbaink, Sheringham, Derry, Ainsworth, Clough... loads of capable people not even considered.

I'm fully entitled, as a lot of us are, to be unhappy with the appointment. Very very entitled to have this opinion. And at least when it fails in 6 months I can say that with foresight I saw it all coming, because no doubt i'll be told at that point that "well with hindsight, it was obvious"... no, it's obvious NOW.

And as for those who tell me to "get behind the club, get behind the manager", I get no greater thrill than a saturday when we win and feel genuine unhappiness if we lose or let in a last minute goal, so I am fully behind the club, i'm just bloody worried and entitled to the opinion it has made another major mistake. And this one is far more obvious to me than the ones previous.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:56 - May 26 with 2344 viewsDoomed

I haven't posted on here for nearly 2 years after getting slated about wanting Kenny Jackett, rather than Harry Redknapp.
Anyway what really shocked me about Saturday's results was the squad we put out was basically the best we have and we were so poor tactically and I can't see it getting better under Chris Powell. Why QPR gave him a 3 yrs. contract is madness, I thought they wouldn't even consider a manager until the end of the season, if they had waited maybe they would have even interviewed other candidates. For me Ramsey talks a load of bullsh*t, the results are worse than we had with Harry, I give Ramsey until next Easter when we will be in the bottom 8 of the Championship!
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:59 - May 26 with 2335 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:48 - May 26 by fakekerby

Superb post.

I'm already tired of being told we've got "what we wanted", or told i'm impatient because i've not given him a chance. I'm sorry, but Ramsey has been a disaster.

- ONE win at home
- Alienation of all the talented players in favour of "hard work" i.e. this chaps runs about a lot so let's use him
- SWP near the team
- Being told someone is an excellent coach because ONE player has improved under him
- Being told despite several players becoming WORSE under him that he's such an excellent coach
- A 53 year old with ZERO top flight management experience in charge of my club at arguably the most important point in its history
- To be told SWP and Barton are wonderful and the sun shines out of their backsides
- To be lied to and treated like I can't see what is happening on the pitch with my own eyes, i.e. "we lost 5-1 but with pride" - F OFF!
- My club captain calling out a club legend over twitter in front of the entire nation and then praised by the new manager while being criticised by the director of football, what a mess
- Kids thrown in without any protection or thought about who their opponents will be - yes there's never an easy game in the Prem - but Furlong vs. Sanchez was only going one way, whereas Furlong vs bottom half wingers, the kid may have stood a chance
- Managers like Warburton, McLaren not even considered, no interviews for others out there like Holloway, Hasselbaink, Sheringham, Derry, Ainsworth, Clough... loads of capable people not even considered.

I'm fully entitled, as a lot of us are, to be unhappy with the appointment. Very very entitled to have this opinion. And at least when it fails in 6 months I can say that with foresight I saw it all coming, because no doubt i'll be told at that point that "well with hindsight, it was obvious"... no, it's obvious NOW.

And as for those who tell me to "get behind the club, get behind the manager", I get no greater thrill than a saturday when we win and feel genuine unhappiness if we lose or let in a last minute goal, so I am fully behind the club, i'm just bloody worried and entitled to the opinion it has made another major mistake. And this one is far more obvious to me than the ones previous.

bang on point.

A Number One.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:00 - May 26 with 2333 viewsdaveB

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:57 - May 26 by SpiritofGregory

Why give him a 3 year contract? He never should have got the caretakers role in the first place.

If you want someone to do a long term job then you can't give them a short term deal
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:02 - May 26 with 2325 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:43 - May 26 by stuabd

How do you know that he won't take the job? Slightly presumptuous there.

So Ramsay is doing us a favour by taking the job. I'm sorry Taxi but that is not your strongest argument in favour of appointing him.

Not doing us a favour that was Hughes , but accepting the potential implications of our financial plight . Is Ramsey TFs "dream manager" .? prob not . So someone has declined or we cant offer what they want

It also needs to be someone who will work with Ferdinand because we are already down that path , would the other names do that . .
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:05 - May 26 with 2312 viewsDiscodroids

'the master' chris ramsey

A Number One.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:10 - May 26 with 2302 viewsTheBlob

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:47 - May 26 by essextaxiboy

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/38376

This was only 6 weeks ago , I didnt see a great wave of negativity in response There are other threads with a good proportion in favour of CR getting the job . You say that " nobody wanted Ramsey , not even close " Thats not right, the names are there in the archives

Good god man,who bothers to post comments on Clive's reports?
It looks like the opinions are polarised here and it's maybe it's time we had a statement from each of us in order to avoid dipping the toes into the stagnant pond of hindsight on a later occasion.
I,Blob,being of partially sound mind and body declare that appointing a janitor/undertaker - Mr.C Ramsey - was a bad idea.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:10 - May 26 with 2301 viewsElHoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:48 - May 26 by fakekerby

Superb post.

- ONE win at home
- SWP near the team

You are entitled to your view but hearing the same point being made in the same way by the same people, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, and again.......is quite boring.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:15 - May 26 with 2167 viewsdaveB

fair enough to be unhappy with the appointment and I think he has got a lot wrong this season, all i'm saying is the stick he is getting is over the top and I think it's difficult to judge him over the 15 or so games he's had. We've looked good in some, awful in others same as under Redknapp really. He's tried to bring some sort of discipline to the club in that if you don;t bother in training you don't play. That's meant the likes of Vargas, Isla and Tarrabt have been nowhere near the team but he's at least tried to set some standards. He's trying to protect the players rather than slate them in public. I don't get the stick about Furlong though. Isla was still struggling with an injury so he stuck with him, was difficult that the fixtures meant he had to faced the two best wingers in the league back to back but the injury fell at the wrong time.

Yes we should have interviewed but they did speak to Clement and tried to speak to Mclaren who said no thanks. Anyone else could have applied for the job but I'm not sure many are knocking the door down for what lies ahead this summer. QPR will be a much better job in a years time imo but it's going to be a nasty few months before we get to that point.

For what it's worth I think he'll be gone by the end of September, it's an impossible job at QPR this summer. It doesn't look like we can spend much, we're about to lose most of the squad and to put together a team capable of winning promotion or even being mid table in the next 11 weeks is a big ask for anyone. The fans seem against Ramsey already so he'll have no time to settle a new team in which is a shame but that was the problem with changing managers mid season, honeymoon period was over before he even got the job.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:15 - May 26 with 2165 viewsfakekerby

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:10 - May 26 by ElHoop

You are entitled to your view but hearing the same point being made in the same way by the same people, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, and again.......is quite boring.

What a constructive, grown up response to a debate for a club message board.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:16 - May 26 with 2161 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:10 - May 26 by TheBlob

It looks like the opinions are polarised here and it's maybe it's time we had a statement from each of us in order to avoid dipping the toes into the stagnant pond of hindsight on a later occasion.
I,Blob,being of partially sound mind and body declare that appointing a janitor/undertaker - Mr.C Ramsey - was a bad idea.

+

=

christopher ramsey
number one super guy
christopher ramsey
shitter than a glass eye !!
[Post edited 26 May 2015 10:17]

A Number One.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:16 - May 26 with 2158 viewsloftus77

I just hope that, whatever else he does, Chris Ramsey takes all of the squad off to warm weather training in Dubai at some point.

That will solve all our problems.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:18 - May 26 with 2150 viewsElHoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:15 - May 26 by fakekerby

What a constructive, grown up response to a debate for a club message board.

Haha nice one.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:18 - May 26 with 2145 viewsDaBurgh

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:00 - May 26 by daveB

If you want someone to do a long term job then you can't give them a short term deal

I usually agree with all your level-headed posts Dave, but I can't agree with this, of course you can give him a 1 year contract, and a chance to build a team with desire and fight. Then if he gets us into the playoffs or if we manage to bounce back into the premier league then give the guy a nice bonus and a 3 year contract. How much motivation does he need? He needs to prove himself, if we are languishing in the bottom third with weekly pitiful displays then Tony will (may) have to terminate his contract and pay off the remaining couple of years. Not really good business.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:30 - May 26 with 2123 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:10 - May 26 by TheBlob

I ETB having just worked all night and prevented from sleep by LFW do solemnly declare that

I am in favour of giving the ex England U20 and Spurs coach C Ramsey a chance to build a team in his own image and have the chance to prove himself a competent coach of Association Football ..
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:31 - May 26 with 2117 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:30 - May 26 by essextaxiboy

I ETB having just worked all night and prevented from sleep by LFW do solemnly declare that

I am in favour of giving the ex England U20 and Spurs coach C Ramsey a chance to build a team in his own image and have the chance to prove himself a competent coach of Association Football ..

i couldnt disagree with you more my old mate, but that did give me a chuckle..

A Number One.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:38 - May 26 with 2100 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:31 - May 26 by Discodroids

i couldnt disagree with you more my old mate, but that did give me a chuckle..

To be fair you were saying that and bigging up Jackett before the last half dozen games that seemed to have galvanized opposition to him .

I would like Clement, Clough , Mclaren and Warburton to get jobs in the championship , a straight fight winner takes the plaudits .

Have a good summer in the beer gardens of Gods own county
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:50 - May 26 with 2073 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:38 - May 26 by essextaxiboy

To be fair you were saying that and bigging up Jackett before the last half dozen games that seemed to have galvanized opposition to him .

I would like Clement, Clough , Mclaren and Warburton to get jobs in the championship , a straight fight winner takes the plaudits .

Have a good summer in the beer gardens of Gods own county

jo's put me on a drinking ban for two months essex.. its going to be hell.

im considering serial killing as a viable option in the close season or capturing and stuffing the squirrels that live at the bottom of my leafy estate.,perhaps holding my own alice in wonderland tea parties with them in front of my long suffering neigbours..

to late for jackett now mate, ive wanted him here ever since the defeat away to forest last season, then after the play off, then the final opportunity after the west ham away defeat. to late now.

i like the look of gary rowett, jackie macnamara at dundee utd and id even rather have chris powell than ramfukker.

QPR is now like the labour party to me...literally EVERY decision they take..i disagree with.

we'll meet up next season and have a few beers mate , as long as we dont resign beau brumel and greyfriars that is..
[Post edited 26 May 2015 10:53]

A Number One.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024