Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! 22:15 - Feb 27 with 30719 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 12:19]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 22:27 - Feb 27 with 5551 viewsstevethejack

I'll be there with my 12yo. Not been there since 1991 in the Rumbelows Cup. 1-0 from the first leg at the Vetch. Lost 5-1 up there in the 2nd leg. My memory tells me it was a Lineker hat trick. I may be wrong though, as the years have just slipped away.
The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 22:38 - Feb 27 with 5536 viewsjackharris

The JackHarris Official Matchday Thread
is brought to you in association with
the Foreskin Restoration Society!
Sunday 28th February 2016
White Hart Lane - 14.05 KO

TEAM NEWS
Tottenham are hopeful Harry Kane will play despite missing their midweek Europa League win with a broken nose.
Mousa Dembele and Tom Carroll are out with respective groin and Achilles problems, while Jan Vertonghen and Clinto Njie remain absent.
Swansea have a fully-fit squad after a 15-day break since their last game.
Their only pre-match concern has been head coach Francesco Guidolin but the Italian is expected to be in the dug-out following a chest infection.
MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Simon Brotherton: "I think it was reassuring for Tottenham's players and their supporters that they comfortably dispatched Fiorentina in Europe in midweek without the services of Harry Kane.
"He's been immense this season and has scored 15 goals in his last 17 league games, but winning so comfortably without him against a good side must provide a psychological boost in case he misses another game.
"Swansea have never won a league game at White Hart Lane in 17 previous attempts, but have picked up in recent weeks. Nonetheless, this is a game Tottenham need to win to keep their title challenge fully on course."
Twitter: @SimonBrotherton

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea assistant manager Alan Curtis: "We didn't expect to find ourselves in this (league) situation but we're all aware of where we are.
"The Southampton game was disappointing but it's one defeat in five for us.
"We're all putting pressure on ourselves and we know we have to up our game considerably and get on another run."

Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino: "It's true that maybe for the supporters the Premier League is more important [than the Europa League] but we need to show we respect both competitions.
"I think we have enough quality and a big enough squad that we can do both.
"Why prioritise one of them? We have ahead three important games in the Premier League, and then we will think about the next round of the Europa League."

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
* Tottenham have never lost a Premier League match against Swansea (W7, D2).
* Swansea have never won a league game at White Hart Lane in 17 previous attempts (D2, L15).
Tottenham
* A Tottenham win would give them 54 points, their highest-ever Premier League tally after 27 games.
* Spurs have recovered a league-high 14 points from losing positions.
* They have had 170 attempts on goal in the Premier League this season, more than any other club.
* Harry Kane has scored 15 goals in his last 17 league appearances.
* Christian Eriksen has had a hand in five goals (three goals, two assists) in his last five league games.
Swansea
* Swansea suffered their first defeat under Francesco Guidolin last time out (W2, D2).
* They have won only eight points against top-10 clubs, in contrast to 19 points against sides in the bottom half of the table.
* Only Aston Villa have scored fewer goals than Swansea's 24.
* The Swans have hit the woodwork a league-high 15 times.
* Ex-Tottenham player Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored three goals in his last four Swansea appearances.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 22:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 22:40 - Feb 27 with 5523 viewsAl_Bundy

Would really hope we could get something from this but i fear we won't be able to cope with their many threats. Palace won there so we may have a chance of sorts.
The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 00:08 - Feb 28 with 5429 viewsTNT

We've made that cockerel cry before, when the odds were stacked against us.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 01:36 - Feb 28 with 5390 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 00:08 - Feb 28 by TNT

We've made that cockerel cry before, when the odds were stacked against us.

Was that the last time we scored 3?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 07:09 - Feb 28 with 5294 viewsepaul

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 22:27 - Feb 27 by stevethejack

I'll be there with my 12yo. Not been there since 1991 in the Rumbelows Cup. 1-0 from the first leg at the Vetch. Lost 5-1 up there in the 2nd leg. My memory tells me it was a Lineker hat trick. I may be wrong though, as the years have just slipped away.

Hopefully see you later Steve, hate goijng to this ground esp since we been in the prem, its London and the middle of no where right royal pain in the arris. Still come on the jacks could be a surprise today!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 07:21 - Feb 28 with 5287 viewsStarsky

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 22:27 - Feb 27 by stevethejack

I was at that game. It was my first and last invite to a corporate box.
However I got to hold the FA Cup in the trophy room.
I remember Shaun Chapple scoring for us.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 08:15 - Feb 28 with 5220 viewsJackfath

That's a great story Steve.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 08:29 - Feb 28 with 5190 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It's Hotspur BTW. A ridiculous name for a football team nonetheless

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 08:54 - Feb 28 with 5144 viewsLord_Bony

Would love to see a win for us but really can't see it happening today,even without Kane they are formidable at home . 2.1

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 08:54 - Feb 28 with 5142 viewsEdmundo

Anything we get today will be a bonus.......'i'd love it' if we brought a point home👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 08:57 - Feb 28 with 5122 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I hope Guidolin sellotapes this piece of bog paper to the dressing room wall today (and all over the train ground facilities too)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-merson-criticises

Paul says our problem is defending set pieces. No ah*t Sherlock! But nothing about our inability to score. And criticizes Guidolin's managerial ability !!! Self unaware !!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 09:50 - Feb 28 with 5017 viewsbuilthjack

1-1 Siggy free kick

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 09:52 - Feb 28 with 5012 viewsJackfath

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 09:50 - Feb 28 by builthjack

1-1 Siggy free kick

I'd be delighted with this. A point there today would be smashing. Not expecting much though. Just hope we don't capitulate. I'm also hoping the time off they've all had to be evident in the freshenss of the performance in preparation for some very winnable games approaching.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 09:55 - Feb 28 with 5003 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 09:52 - Feb 28 by Jackfath

I'd be delighted with this. A point there today would be smashing. Not expecting much though. Just hope we don't capitulate. I'm also hoping the time off they've all had to be evident in the freshenss of the performance in preparation for some very winnable games approaching.

Hope you are right and we are fresh with lots of energy. Come on the Swans

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:11 - Feb 28 with 4938 viewsmonmouth

I'm in full miserable git mode. Expecting 4-0 totty. If we get a point I'll be beyond thrilled.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:15 - Feb 28 with 4920 viewsJackanapes

A point would constitute a bonus ball 5 number lottery win. 3 points would be all 6.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:50 - Feb 28 with 4820 viewsA_Fans_Dad

In the sum up you forgot that Spurs have the best Defensive record in the Prem this season, only letting in 23 goals and have the highest goal difference of 27.
Almost diametrically opposite to us and Villa.
It is going to be a tough one for sure.
The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:54 - Feb 28 with 4814 viewsKingstonJack

We beat them away in the League Cup with Tommy Smith "tackling" Ossie Ardilles I think.
But that bad really back in the day!
I'll be there today but I'd be happy with a draw, hard team for us are Spurs
The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:58 - Feb 28 with 4798 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:50 - Feb 28 by A_Fans_Dad

In the sum up you forgot that Spurs have the best Defensive record in the Prem this season, only letting in 23 goals and have the highest goal difference of 27.
Almost diametrically opposite to us and Villa.
It is going to be a tough one for sure.

They have the best defence,apart from Villa, we have the worse scoring in the league.

Someone do the maths please.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 11:00 - Feb 28 with 4795 viewsJethroJack

Just got this feeling that we'll sneak it 1-2, just like at Everton...its that sort of season, we're poor but its time we put away another bogey team 👌
The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 11:06 - Feb 28 with 4774 viewsNogginthenog

I think we need someone to do a job on Ericcson, stop him playing and we may have a chance. Not that he's the only threat mind!
The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 11:11 - Feb 28 with 4762 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:58 - Feb 28 by Lord_Bony

They have the best defence,apart from Villa, we have the worse scoring in the league.

Someone do the maths please.

We'll put three past them then.

It's been that kind of season.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 11:21 - Feb 28 with 4735 viewsJackanapes

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 10:54 - Feb 28 by KingstonJack

We beat them away in the League Cup with Tommy Smith "tackling" Ossie Ardilles I think.
But that bad really back in the day!
I'll be there today but I'd be happy with a draw, hard team for us are Spurs

Tommy crocked Ardiles in the home leg.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 11:37 - Feb 28 with 4646 viewsDarran

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 11:21 - Feb 28 by Jackanapes

Tommy crocked Ardiles in the home leg.

Funny thing I was just googling around for some pictures of the tackle and came across this.
WTF?

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/leadership-wellbeing/manager-interviews/ossie-ardi

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024