Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! 22:15 - Feb 27 with 30887 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 12:19]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:30 - Feb 28 with 1885 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:29 - Feb 28 by monmouth

Your posts do make me smile Perch. We're divided in the sense that you are on one side and everyone else is on the other mun. You're like Tom Baker in Blackadder.

YOU HAVE A WOMAN'S MOUTH!!!

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:30 - Feb 28 with 1879 viewsDarran

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:29 - Feb 28 by monmouth

Your posts do make me smile Perch. We're divided in the sense that you are on one side and everyone else is on the other mun. You're like Tom Baker in Blackadder.

He's our biggest fan mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:32 - Feb 28 with 1864 viewsexiledclaseboy

The estimable Perch wants to continue the "feud" between the PS positives and the PS negheads. Only there is no divide. We all know we're in the sh*t.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:33 - Feb 28 with 1856 viewsPacemaker

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:37 - Feb 28 by monmouth

That's fair, and Darran's point.

Then again we went to Liverpool and blew them off the park. I'm finding the continued and sustained lack of ambition in every single match home and away (nick a goal and defend, wait to concede and then try and change tack) tough to swallow and more importantly, it is not working for us.

It's all down to the Norwich, Bournemouth and Newcastle games now for me. Shit or bust. If we keep the same approach my money - and I hate saying it - is on bust.

Blowing Liverpool off the park was a shock to everyone at the time and a cup game so not quite the same thing. I think everyone agrees that our fellow relegation rivals are our real teams to beat.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:33 - Feb 28 with 1850 viewsDarran

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:32 - Feb 28 by exiledclaseboy

The estimable Perch wants to continue the "feud" between the PS positives and the PS negheads. Only there is no divide. We all know we're in the sh*t.

Absolutely.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 1819 viewsperchrockjack

Estimable. .? I like that from the prince of patronism.

Note the title of the he topic and how it's morphed yet again into inter necine strife.

Is it like this in your lodge

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:48 - Feb 28 with 1800 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:43 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

Estimable. .? I like that from the prince of patronism.

Note the title of the he topic and how it's morphed yet again into inter necine strife.

Is it like this in your lodge

And there was me being nice to you as well. I shan't bother again.

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:54 - Feb 28 with 1777 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Tottenham Hotspurs vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 08:54 - Feb 28 by Lord_Bony

Would love to see a win for us but really can't see it happening today,even without Kane they are formidable at home . 2.1

Oh dear.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 1756 viewsperchrockjack

I never bother Andrew.

People always let you down.

Its only a matter of time

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:03 - Feb 28 with 1748 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:00 - Feb 28 by perchrockjack

I never bother Andrew.

People always let you down.

Its only a matter of time

True that. I mean, look how Darran has turned on you in recent months.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:08 - Feb 28 with 1718 viewsDarran

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:03 - Feb 28 by exiledclaseboy

True that. I mean, look how Darran has turned on you in recent months.

Let's get one thing right Andrew he turned on me after I made a simple little joke about a car park in Liverpool,he's a disgusting man to do that after all I've done for him.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:28 - Feb 28 with 1654 viewsDavillin

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 15:59 - Feb 28 by dailew

Funny how quite a few posters have only appeared since we went behind.

That's the way it has become on PlanetSwans, and they're almost all -- and almost always -- way over-the-top with negative over-exaggerration.

It's bad enough to suffer with a loss [and one that could have been a better result], but this moaning is just too much.

I've been supporting the Swans for only about 20 years. Has it always been this way?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:28 - Feb 28 with 1651 viewslondonlisa2001

Almost can't be bothered to comment at all as the board seems to have gone into meltdown to beat all meltdowns.

An absolute shot to nothing today - never expected anything and we probably came closer than I anticipated.

Spurs are an excellent team, full of pace and purpose. I think they may well win the league.

Our problem seems to be that the players we have who can protect the ball even slightly have no pace, those with pace can't protect the ball at all. Spurs have players all over the team that can do both. That's the difference.

Interesting to see people's opinions about our team today. I personally thought and I'm sure it'll be unpopular, that we played with ten men as Siggy may as well have not been on the pitch. Terrible ball protection, non existent pressing, too many silly flicks and awful dead ball delivery - his inability to beat the first man from a corner today was shocking.

Liked Fer and agreed with Britton going off - didn't add anything at all - yes, a bit of hustling but gave the ball away on a number of occasions although Ki was probably worse. Taylor - awful.

I would line up for Arsenal with Rangel, Fede, Ash and Naughton across the back. Play a diamond with a midfield of Britton (marginally), Cork, Fer and Ayew (instead of Siggy) with Paloschi and Barrow up front.

But whatever happens, we are always going to be relying on those three games for whether we are safe or not. Win against Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth (or even get 7 points) and we will stay up (particularly if the draw is against Villa). Lose them all or two of them and we are down, anything else and we are relying on a few shock results in the last few games.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 1638 viewsperchrockjack

It's now involved Tom baker. Tom fookn baker.

Tell you what, if you want to throw in a dr who then only one the great Jon per twee.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:31 - Feb 28 with 1628 viewsDarran

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:28 - Feb 28 by Davillin

That's the way it has become on PlanetSwans, and they're almost all -- and almost always -- way over-the-top with negative over-exaggerration.

It's bad enough to suffer with a loss [and one that could have been a better result], but this moaning is just too much.

I've been supporting the Swans for only about 20 years. Has it always been this way?

Perchie has.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 18:32]

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:46 - Feb 28 with 1578 viewsJackanapes

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:31 - Feb 28 by Darran

Perchie has.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 18:32]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:52 - Feb 28 with 1557 viewsFieryJack

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:28 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

Almost can't be bothered to comment at all as the board seems to have gone into meltdown to beat all meltdowns.

An absolute shot to nothing today - never expected anything and we probably came closer than I anticipated.

Spurs are an excellent team, full of pace and purpose. I think they may well win the league.

Our problem seems to be that the players we have who can protect the ball even slightly have no pace, those with pace can't protect the ball at all. Spurs have players all over the team that can do both. That's the difference.

Interesting to see people's opinions about our team today. I personally thought and I'm sure it'll be unpopular, that we played with ten men as Siggy may as well have not been on the pitch. Terrible ball protection, non existent pressing, too many silly flicks and awful dead ball delivery - his inability to beat the first man from a corner today was shocking.

Liked Fer and agreed with Britton going off - didn't add anything at all - yes, a bit of hustling but gave the ball away on a number of occasions although Ki was probably worse. Taylor - awful.

I would line up for Arsenal with Rangel, Fede, Ash and Naughton across the back. Play a diamond with a midfield of Britton (marginally), Cork, Fer and Ayew (instead of Siggy) with Paloschi and Barrow up front.

But whatever happens, we are always going to be relying on those three games for whether we are safe or not. Win against Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth (or even get 7 points) and we will stay up (particularly if the draw is against Villa). Lose them all or two of them and we are down, anything else and we are relying on a few shock results in the last few games.

At last: a sensible, balanced, adult post.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:56 - Feb 28 with 1536 viewsperchrockjack

For almost not being bothered to post that epic stuff

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:10 - Feb 28 with 1490 viewsmonmouth

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:28 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

That's my issue though really Lis. We only gave a shot to nothing a shot at all for 20 minutes. The outcome then became almost inevitable because we surrendered any initiative at all. If we'd given it a real shot to nothing I'd be happier.

Yup, Sigurdsson and his limp ankled flicked tosh was gash.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:10 - Feb 28 by monmouth

That's my issue though really Lis. We only gave a shot to nothing a shot at all for 20 minutes. The outcome then became almost inevitable because we surrendered any initiative at all. If we'd given it a real shot to nothing I'd be happier.

Yup, Sigurdsson and his limp ankled flicked tosh was gash.

I thought we didn't so much surrender the initiative to be honest as they took it from us and we just didn't have the quality to cope and wrestle it back. They noticeably upped their tempo once we went in front and we couldn't live with it.

We have no one in the team who can hold the ball long enough up to allow us to get around it again - Bony used to do it on his own which hid a lot of the weaknesses I think.

Make no mistake though - this Spurs team are as exciting and as quick as I've seen in this league for a long time. I hope they go on to win it - they play some lovely football.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:23 - Feb 28 with 1454 viewsmonmouth

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:14 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

I thought we didn't so much surrender the initiative to be honest as they took it from us and we just didn't have the quality to cope and wrestle it back. They noticeably upped their tempo once we went in front and we couldn't live with it.

We have no one in the team who can hold the ball long enough up to allow us to get around it again - Bony used to do it on his own which hid a lot of the weaknesses I think.

Make no mistake though - this Spurs team are as exciting and as quick as I've seen in this league for a long time. I hope they go on to win it - they play some lovely football.

Maybe, I can only go by the TV where we suddenly looked to go 10 yards deeper and stop looking to push them back. It's not just this game as they are miles better than us though so we'd probably have ended up beaten whatever we did. It just seems to be the default setting.

Maybe we need to leave it later to score. Although even 91st minute didn't work at city.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:28 - Feb 28 with 1436 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:23 - Feb 28 by monmouth

Maybe, I can only go by the TV where we suddenly looked to go 10 yards deeper and stop looking to push them back. It's not just this game as they are miles better than us though so we'd probably have ended up beaten whatever we did. It just seems to be the default setting.

Maybe we need to leave it later to score. Although even 91st minute didn't work at city.

I'm less annoyed by today than I was against Southampton to be honest.

I've written these two games off in my head and am focussing on what comes after.

This weekend to me was all about the others not getting anything which happened (obviously with Newcastle not played yet). A very depressing way to view things I guess, but that's where I am at the moment - we need so many changes it's just not doable this season - just have to try to get through somehow.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:40 - Feb 28 with 1391 viewsraynor94

Spot on assessment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 20:07 - Feb 28 with 1309 viewsSgorioFruit

In a negativitiy nutshell...

Lose to Noriwch and we are fecked!!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 20:19 - Feb 28 with 1268 viewsOldjack

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 15:49 - Feb 28 by Elward

It baffles me why week after week its the same stuff. Score then try and defend for the rest of the match only to concede. Its cost us way too many points which could be crucial

Since our new gaffer has taken over we do it every game now ,we're gonna need a massive amount of lady luck to keep us up if we carry on in this vein ,it's not looking good at all

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024