Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! 22:15 - Feb 27 with 30885 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 12:19]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:03 - Feb 28 with 1983 viewsmonmouth

I'm finding that tough to take.

1-0 up after 18 mins and playing well. Why not just keep playing. Why not? WHY NOT?

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but if that's what were going to get we might as well have saved ourselves a few bob and kept Monk and the boys....or Curt. We were unlucky at ManC and ManU. we were not in the least bit unlucky today, more lucky it was only 2-1 in the end.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:04 - Feb 28 with 1960 viewsblaine_scfc

I'll be absolutely hammered for this, but Guidolin was a shocker of a decision by the board yet again. I really don't see what he brings which Curt didn't. Yes we bought in a striker, but what's the point playing this way, Harry Kane could have been on our side today and wouldn't have got a touch.

He's made no impact to the playing style, we beat Everton but let's be honest they should have put a few more on us. West Brom and Palace we did exactly the same, went a goal up and shut up shop thinking we were good enough to hold out sides.

Going down. Simple as that.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:04 - Feb 28 with 1952 viewsphact0rri

Guess its easy to be so negative when we've led 75% of a match by a league champion contender. Thought we looked good coming in away from a club in good form. Lots to take away from this.

but to say our lads played horribly is being a bit ungenerous. And I still feel we have the the will to get something out of Wednesday.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:07 - Feb 28 with 1868 viewsraynor94

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:04 - Feb 28 by blaine_scfc

I'll be absolutely hammered for this, but Guidolin was a shocker of a decision by the board yet again. I really don't see what he brings which Curt didn't. Yes we bought in a striker, but what's the point playing this way, Harry Kane could have been on our side today and wouldn't have got a touch.

He's made no impact to the playing style, we beat Everton but let's be honest they should have put a few more on us. West Brom and Palace we did exactly the same, went a goal up and shut up shop thinking we were good enough to hold out sides.

Let's wait and see what happens next month before you condemn us to relegation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:07 - Feb 28 with 1867 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:03 - Feb 28 by Private_Partz

I agree with that but it would be foolish have gone at Spurs today in view of their current form. We played it just about right and we will have the same again on Wednesday. It is the home games that worry me. We must be more adventurous there.
I think caution has to be the case away and against the top teams but only because we are in the mess we are in now. We can revert to plan A once we are safe...... If that time ever comes.
Anyway . Off for a good cry now..

100% agree about the home games.

Think we will do exactly the same with the home games, hope to get the goal and hold the lead..........................this will get us relegated.

Every game should be seen as a cup game now and we should go out and play to win and score more than one goal.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:07 - Feb 28 with 1853 viewstomdickharry

That was a shambolic mess,the sole reason it was 2-1 was that Spurs missed chance after chance after chance after chance after chance and Fabianski was excellent,why play defensive football (or try to) when we are not equipped with the players to do it.As an aside was Ki playing?
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:08 - Feb 28 with 1826 viewsStarsky

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:03 - Feb 28 by Private_Partz

I agree with that but it would be foolish have gone at Spurs today in view of their current form. We played it just about right and we will have the same again on Wednesday. It is the home games that worry me. We must be more adventurous there.
I think caution has to be the case away and against the top teams but only because we are in the mess we are in now. We can revert to plan A once we are safe...... If that time ever comes.
Anyway . Off for a good cry now..

Totally disagree if you think that's how we should set up against any side.
Remember how Leicester battled their way out of the relegation places last season?
If this is the future then I despair

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:10 - Feb 28 with 1763 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Fer did more in 15 minutes than Ki did in 83.
Shows why we should NOT be playing Ki.
As for the result, it was inevitable once we started all out defending.
Putting barrow on with 5 minutes to go was really going to make a difference?
Gomis yet again does nothing but lose the ball in their Penalty Area.
Very poor Tactics, Italian we are not.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:10 - Feb 28 with 1741 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:08 - Feb 28 by Starsky

Remember how Leicester battled their way out of the relegation places last season?

Yup.

FG's track record suggests he likes his sides to be positive, so you have to wonder why he's so steadfastly refused to do the same with us so far.

For the best part of a decade we've achieved miracles by playing attacking football that made extensive use of pace and width. It's not really a coincidence that the rot started setting in when we tried to change that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:11 - Feb 28 with 1739 viewsBorojack

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:04 - Feb 28 by blaine_scfc

Thats the spirit Spurs are 2nd in the league most goals scored.
Have you ever posted anything positive or complimentary just curious.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:11 - Feb 28 with 1721 viewsperchrockjack

Ki possibly our main weak line.no shot, tackle, strength or simple guts really.
Fer looked interesting to me and why not play him before ki.

Palls hi is a good buy and I hope we don't destroy him.

Guidelin ? I d have gone with Pearson or poyet and have us front up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:12 - Feb 28 with 1710 viewsStarsky

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:04 - Feb 28 by phact0rri

Guess its easy to be so negative when we've led 75% of a match by a league champion contender. Thought we looked good coming in away from a club in good form. Lots to take away from this.

but to say our lads played horribly is being a bit ungenerous. And I still feel we have the the will to get something out of Wednesday.

10 men behind the ball just hoofing it away?
If I were in charge of a team playing Swansea City then I'd tell them to gift Swansea an early goal.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:14 - Feb 28 with 1667 viewsAnotherJohn

What I find depressing is that teams that escape relegation tend to get some surprise results against the big boys, and I expect our rivals to do that. Today we were facing a team who had played in Europe during the week, whose top scorer had a broken nose, and who must have been under a lot of pressure given their league position. We had two great chances early on and took one. But then with a golden opportunity opening up, we go negative and get nothing. I'd be amazed if Arsenal give us anything like the same opportunity.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:15 - Feb 28 with 1640 viewsmonmouth

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:08 - Feb 28 by Starsky

I didn't expect anything today, but I actually feel physically sick at having to endure the same old crap with the same old end result after such a promising start. What's the point in being in this league at all if we aren't going to try and impose ourselves on it. If we play like that against Norwich and Bournemouth we will lose both.

If we play all game like we played the first 20 minutes today we will win both games. Same players, same shape, but a light years difference in result depending on what they are told to do. That's what's hurting me. When we gave them a game, we gave them a game....then we decided to be pussies instead and hand them the game on a plate.

Annoyed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:15 - Feb 28 with 1629 viewsphact0rri

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:10 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

FG's track record suggests he likes his sides to be positive, so you have to wonder why he's so steadfastly refused to do the same with us so far.

For the best part of a decade we've achieved miracles by playing attacking football that made extensive use of pace and width. It's not really a coincidence that the rot started setting in when we tried to change that.

If anyone thinks he's had the chance to really impart his own signature on the side would be fooling themselves. he can't really change to much... he can only use what he has available. I imagine if we stay up and Franco is here next season, that we'll see more of his signature.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:16 - Feb 28 with 1609 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:15 - Feb 28 by monmouth

I didn't expect anything today, but I actually feel physically sick at having to endure the same old crap with the same old end result after such a promising start. What's the point in being in this league at all if we aren't going to try and impose ourselves on it. If we play like that against Norwich and Bournemouth we will lose both.

If we play all game like we played the first 20 minutes today we will win both games. Same players, same shape, but a light years difference in result depending on what they are told to do. That's what's hurting me. When we gave them a game, we gave them a game....then we decided to be pussies instead and hand them the game on a plate.

Annoyed.

Isn't it the "Italian" way?
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:17 - Feb 28 with 1600 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:15 - Feb 28 by phact0rri

If anyone thinks he's had the chance to really impart his own signature on the side would be fooling themselves. he can't really change to much... he can only use what he has available. I imagine if we stay up and Franco is here next season, that we'll see more of his signature.

Absolutely, although what he's got available is capable of putting up more of a fight on the front foot than we've generally seen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:17 - Feb 28 with 1592 viewsStarsky

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:15 - Feb 28 by phact0rri

I would imagine he can tell them to push forward and not play so deep.
That would be a start

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:17 - Feb 28 with 1591 viewsairedale

I reckon we'll stay up and, about next September, we'll play Man City at home and beat them and say, Welcome to the Premier League Pep, howdya like them apples!
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:21 - Feb 28 with 1529 viewsairedale

Wonder what the Just Backs will have to say?
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:24 - Feb 28 with 1486 viewsPacemaker

Two seasons ago whilst Laudrup was still in charge I went up to WHL and saw us attempt to hold out for 90 mins and lose, we made no attempt at all yo go forward in that game. I saw many games such as Arsenal, Chelsea away where we tried and failed, on the odd occasion such as the Arsenal win we had clung on for 75-80 mins and Dyer did a good job of hassling Jenkinson which led to a goal and ultimately the win by hitting them on the counter.

I don't think we are playing well and I don't get the tactics or set up but those claiming this is something new have short memories, it was very few games where we went at sides from the off. We always claimed it was tactical genius when it worked.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 16:25]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:26 - Feb 28 with 1441 viewsDarran

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:24 - Feb 28 by Pacemaker

Two seasons ago whilst Laudrup was still in charge I went up to WHL and saw us attempt to hold out for 90 mins and lose, we made no attempt at all yo go forward in that game. I saw many games such as Arsenal, Chelsea away where we tried and failed, on the odd occasion such as the Arsenal win we had clung on for 75-80 mins and Dyer did a good job of hassling Jenkinson which led to a goal and ultimately the win by hitting them on the counter.

I don't think we are playing well and I don't get the tactics or set up but those claiming this is something new have short memories, it was very few games where we went at sides from the off. We always claimed it was tactical genius when it worked.

We couldn't have played more negative when we beat Chelsea 2-0 in the semis of league cup.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:27 - Feb 28 with 1422 viewsJackanapes

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:24 - Feb 28 by Pacemaker

And its not like we ever get anything at Spurs. I mean we scored and could have had a couple more. As gutted as I am, that was actually a decent showing for half an hour. Whats sad is the lack of fight in too many of our players.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:28 - Feb 28 with 1413 viewstzlewis

I was fearing the worst before the game as I thought we might be on the end of a hiding so I guess we did better than I thought we might. There are positives- We played reasonably well for long periods and managed to keep one of the league's best attacks at bay for 70 minutes (albeit slightly fortuitously at times!).

However, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I agree that the tactics were poor today and it has probably cost us getting something from the game. I actually don't mind us trying to park the bus and making it difficult for Spurs to break us down but the problem is that there is never an out-ball or a pacy player to lead a counter attack. As a result we are constantly under pressure (Spurs had 34 shots on goal) and our defence began to tire badly. I don't understand why we don't play Montero and/or Barrow who would at least give us more of a chance of scoring with a pacy counter-attack like Leicester do.
The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:29 - Feb 28 with 1386 viewsStarsky

The Official Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 16:28 - Feb 28 by tzlewis

I was fearing the worst before the game as I thought we might be on the end of a hiding so I guess we did better than I thought we might. There are positives- We played reasonably well for long periods and managed to keep one of the league's best attacks at bay for 70 minutes (albeit slightly fortuitously at times!).

However, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I agree that the tactics were poor today and it has probably cost us getting something from the game. I actually don't mind us trying to park the bus and making it difficult for Spurs to break us down but the problem is that there is never an out-ball or a pacy player to lead a counter attack. As a result we are constantly under pressure (Spurs had 34 shots on goal) and our defence began to tire badly. I don't understand why we don't play Montero and/or Barrow who would at least give us more of a chance of scoring with a pacy counter-attack like Leicester do.

Good post

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024