Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea 13:01 - Mar 6 with 15365 viewsrichpr

JFH has ruined any chance of reaching the play-offs by his ridiculous squad rotation and picking a completely different team every week. Confidence breeds from winning. We deservedly beat Birmingham then he completely changes the midfield and attacking formation v MK and we lose another winnable game. Madness. He thinks he's still at Chelsea with a big squad of internationals. How can he justify that team selection - especially the midfield where the combination of Toszer, Henry, Luongo and Chery has repeatedly failed. Was Hoilett injured? Polter did ok v birmingham and then he is dropped - is that going to give him confidence - dont think so.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:26 - Mar 6 with 2874 viewsAntti_Heinola

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 13:25 - Mar 6 by themodfather

the whole squad this season has under performed , no manager can motivate em and i blame the players , on paper this squad should have been top 6, we are mid table and mediocre.
we clung to harry too long, appointed ramsey when he was not ready or up to it....brought back warnock and then appointed JFH and little has improved and he's had time to get ideas across.
meanwhile tony talks of new grounds....ummmph.

On whose paper would this squad have been top 6? Not mine. Not many people's. Some fans need to have a bit more realism - it might make the defeats a little easier to bear. We are an average side. We are where we deserve to be, no higher, no lower. We were diabolical last season. Season before we were both fortunate and had Austin to drag us up (without him, it must be said, we'd have finished mid table).
So how, on paper, are we promotion contenders? Can't see it.

Bare bones.

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:37 - Mar 6 with 2854 viewsDejR_vu

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:13 - Mar 6 by Northernr

That's the issue with being a midtable side, which is what we are. We're not, as some seem to believe, under performing. This is us.

The point is rather lost with the sensationalist Chelsea headline which is total nonsense. Hasselbaink has never managed Chelsea, and hasn't played for them for 12 years. Most of his time at the club pre-dates Abramovic so we're not even talking about the same Chelsea during his time there. It's bullsht to start bringing that up now, although not at all surprising. He's also being hammered for not picking players here which the OP readily admits he had no idea weren't available.

Here's a point that perhaps is worth debating. These are the page impressions (every time you click and open a new thread/story etc) on LFW for the days after we beat Ipswich. About 90% of all our traffic is message board.

2016-02-06 45349
2016-02-07 35802
2016-02-08 35199

Here's the same stats for the days after we lost to Fulham.

2016-02-13 55927
2016-02-14 43335
2016-02-15 45270

And here we are with the stats for the days after we beat Birmingham...

2016-02-27 42616
2016-02-28 34284
2016-02-29 34985

Now would somebody care to debate in a none nasty and sarcastic way why after good home victories not only are people not on here saying anything about it, they're not even clicking on here to see what other people are saying about it? Lose a game, however, and the page impressions jump by up to 10,000 per day and we get sensationalist threads denouncing Hasselbaink, Ferdinand, Hoos and anybody else - often posted immediately after the final whistle by somebody who wasn't at the game.

It's like there are QPR fans just waiting to pile in on their own club, almost disappointed when we win as they have to hold off for another week. Fcking ghoulish.

I suspect it's pent up frustration over the billionaire years. Pain is a more powerful emotion than pleasure, so the anxiety at a loss is felt more acutely than the euphoria of a win. A forum is where it's all laid out.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:40 - Mar 6 with 2841 viewsTacticalR

Misery loves company.

Air hostess clique

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:44 - Mar 6 with 2829 viewsGloucs_R

Just for the record, I'm happy being an average championship club at the moment.

Poll: Are we staying up?

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 16:16 - Mar 6 with 2763 viewsCamberleyR

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:20 - Mar 6 by FloridaR

I read somewhere that JFH used 42 players last season in the main squad at Burton.

Not sure if you're being serious or not but I'd find that hard to believe. I'd be very surprised if their squad size was a little more than just over half that number.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 17:45 - Mar 6 with 2653 viewsNorthernr

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 16:16 - Mar 6 by CamberleyR

Not sure if you're being serious or not but I'd find that hard to believe. I'd be very surprised if their squad size was a little more than just over half that number.

JFH used 35 players at Burton Albion last season, although about half a dozen of them were single appearances or a 1 sub appearance. Still quite a lot for that level and budget.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 18:12 - Mar 6 with 2612 viewsLongsufferingR

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 17:45 - Mar 6 by Northernr

JFH used 35 players at Burton Albion last season, although about half a dozen of them were single appearances or a 1 sub appearance. Still quite a lot for that level and budget.

Still seemed to work for them though.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 19:03 - Mar 6 with 2552 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's surprising. would like to know why - could be injuries, sales, suspensions, fatigue etc.

Is Burtonbrewer still around?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 21:02 - Mar 6 with 2467 viewsSimonJames

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 13:24 - Mar 6 by richpr

If we had beaten MK Dons and Fulham, we would have been on the tails of 4 or 5 very average teams like Cardiff and Birmingham - so we would have been in with a shout. Agree that it is definitely all over now with this squad of players.

If by some gigantic miracle (the sort of size that Cecil B. DeMille would make a film about) we got to the play offs and gained promotion... there is zero chance that this squad could be upgraded sufficiently to compete in the PL next season. Most of us have realised this since the start.
Do you really want to go through another season of seeing us struggle finish on 30 measly points? I would sooner that we develop solid foundations now and aim for a more realistic challenge next season or the year after.

100% of people who drink water will die.

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 21:22 - Mar 6 with 2449 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

And so it begins.

'I want X'

'I want Y'

'Z is available'

Fvcking boring and sadly predictable.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 21:30 - Mar 6 with 2436 viewsbosh67

The problem, as I've learnt over the years, is that we are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes. If the medical team says a player isn't right, or can only play X minutes, the manager has no choice but to rotate. In an ideal world I would play Polter and Chery up front but a few words have come out that Polter had a touch of flu earlier in the week, as did Phillips, and as others have said, Junior's wife had a baby.

I get Rich's frustration, I shared some of them but when you don't know what JFH or any manager has to weigh up then it is difficult to understand why the team changes so often. That's why they're managers I guess. But then there are managers like Dyche and Wranock who seem to have the knack of managing a group that stays on the pitch week in week out. I don't know if that is by luck or design, but it is more difficult to be a manager that we think. Look at Ramsey, put him on a training field and he's fine. Make him manage a group of players, injuries, personalities, the fans, and he visibly struggled to cope.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 21:43 - Mar 6 with 2417 viewsQPRDave

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 15:44 - Mar 6 by Gloucs_R

Just for the record, I'm happy being an average championship club at the moment.

Thanks for letting us know
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 22:58 - Mar 6 with 2335 viewsPunteR

That's the issue with being a midtable side, which is what we are. We're not, as some seem to believe, under performing. This is us.

The point is rather lost with the sensationalist Chelsea headline which is total nonsense. Hasselbaink has never managed Chelsea, and hasn't played for them for 12 years. Most of his time at the club pre-dates Abramovic so we're not even talking about the same Chelsea during his time there. It's bullsht to start bringing that up now, although not at all surprising. He's also being hammered for not picking players here which the OP readily admits he had no idea weren't available.

Here's a point that perhaps is worth debating. These are the page impressions (every time you click and open a new thread/story etc) on LFW for the days after we beat Ipswich. About 90% of all our traffic is message board.

2016-02-06 45349
2016-02-07 35802
2016-02-08 35199

2016-02-13 55927
2016-02-14 43335
2016-02-15 45270

2016-02-27 42616
2016-02-28 34284
2016-02-29 34985

Now would somebody care to debate in a none nasty and sarcastic way why after good home victories not only are people not on here saying anything about it, they're not even clicking on here to see what other people are saying about it? Lose a game, however, and the page impressions jump by up to 10,000 per day and we get sensationalist threads denouncing Hasselbaink, Ferdinand, Hoos and anybody else - often posted immediately after the final whistle by somebody who wasn't at the game.

It's like there are QPR fans just waiting to pile in on their own club, almost disappointed when we win as they have to hold off for another week. Fcking ghoulish.

We're getting bigger attendances here than at Loftus Road
-------------------------------------------------------------
In all seriousness I do sometimes wonder how much message boards such as this influences fans behavior towards the club.?
I think the OP had a point about the rotation of players( injuries,illness,babies dictated on saturday) ,but was a bit snide bringing in the Chelsea link against JFH.
Fact is the jury is still out regarding JFH, and some of his decisions should be called into question. I'm not sure bringing Chelsea into the debate or saying we should bring back Warnock is constructive or helpful though. As fans of QPR shouldn't we be getting behind the manager and the team and wanting them to succeed not trying to dismantle a plan put in place by Ferdinand,Hoos etc.?
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but it makes me laugh when someone starts a knee jerk thread (not Antti's)then wonders why they get a load of exasperated comments on how ridiculous it sounds. No one likes losing.
I'm guessing its in Clive's interest to get as many clicks on this site as he can but he's also a massive QPR fan so he must tear his hair out at some of the comments (guilty as charged).
I'm not sure what QPRDave is all about, he tried digging out clive for his Redknapp's post match comments last year,disappeared for a bit and is now back on the wind up scene.
Hey ho,a day in a life of a message board i guess.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 23:52 - Mar 6 with 2307 viewsFloridaR

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 18:12 - Mar 6 by LongsufferingR

Still seemed to work for them though.

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink/
He likes same formation as Ramsey and that fits Les. Tbh
Jerrels took quiet a step up from a little club with less than 3000 average a week & if his stats remain similar going into last couple games end of season , then the right thing to do is cut his 1 year contract and get a decent experienced manager in and let them have whole summer to build the side. Otherwise we'll have a Ramsey situation again come Oct and seasons finished > I know its not the manager its the players but Hopefully Tonys learned the final lesson come May and pulls the trigger...

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 04:15 - Mar 7 with 2251 viewstimcocking

I have always hated 'rotation policies'. Definitely bad for a team. Cohesion is key. I'm hoping Jimmy has just been experimenting and finding his best team.

Small sample though it is, i would hazard a guess that the team who used the least amount of starters last year was probably Chelsea, this year it's probably Leicester.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 4:41]
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 06:57 - Mar 7 with 2018 viewsisawqpratwcity

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 23:52 - Mar 6 by FloridaR

Jerrels took quiet a step up from a little club with less than 3000 average a week & if his stats remain similar going into last couple games end of season , then the right thing to do is cut his 1 year contract and get a decent experienced manager in and let them have whole summer to build the side. Otherwise we'll have a Ramsey situation again come Oct and seasons finished > I know its not the manager its the players but Hopefully Tonys learned the final lesson come May and pulls the trigger...

What a great argument for getting another manager in. Never mind all that 'rebuilding' crap.

Why wait? Let's do it now! Four managers in a season is only one more than three. Maybe we've even got time for five (only if absolutely necessary, of course!).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 1888 viewsadhoc_qpr

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 06:57 - Mar 7 by isawqpratwcity

What a great argument for getting another manager in. Never mind all that 'rebuilding' crap.

Why wait? Let's do it now! Four managers in a season is only one more than three. Maybe we've even got time for five (only if absolutely necessary, of course!).

I don't think we can judge any manager until we have midfielders who can run AND pass plus at least a couple of Championship standard fullbacks at the minimum...

If anything JFH's failing to achieve any consistency with this lotjust highlights how unbalanced our squad is and vindicates Ramsey a bit in my eyes.

I don't agree with a lot of JFH's decisions but ultimately Smithies, Polter and Luongo can now be confidently penciled in as first team players for next season - which you couldn't have said 2 months ago.

Now hopefully we can find out more about El Khayati, Washington, Chery and maybe Petrasso over the rest of the season.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 10:34 - Mar 7 with 1871 viewsJuzzie

Whilst some points are valid, I do agree thread titles such as this and calling managers by juvenile names (Benny, Hasslewrong etc) really don't help. If people want mature responses, then write mature posts. Otherwise don't be surprised if people get annoyed.

FWIW, I never, ever felt we were or could be in a chance of reaching the play-off's. I felt in the summer we'd be a mid-table team and that's where we are.

Things take time to change and a lot of people have little patience.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 10:36]
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 10:51 - Mar 7 with 1839 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 10:34 - Mar 7 by Juzzie

Whilst some points are valid, I do agree thread titles such as this and calling managers by juvenile names (Benny, Hasslewrong etc) really don't help. If people want mature responses, then write mature posts. Otherwise don't be surprised if people get annoyed.

FWIW, I never, ever felt we were or could be in a chance of reaching the play-off's. I felt in the summer we'd be a mid-table team and that's where we are.

Things take time to change and a lot of people have little patience.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 10:36]

I've always found paediatricians to have little patience...........

Immature joke aside I can't agree more with this.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 11:08 - Mar 7 with 1804 viewsBluce_Ree

2016-02-06 45349
2016-02-07 35802
2016-02-08 35199

2016-02-13 55927
2016-02-14 43335
2016-02-15 45270

2016-02-27 42616
2016-02-28 34284
2016-02-29 34985

I kind of get it. I mean look at what happens if we win and lose.

If we win, we edge closer to the top. In a dream world we may have ended up in the playoffs which are a lottery. A lottery where we have to play above our usual standard against two teams that are better than us. On the off-chance that win and get promotion to a league where we are going to get humiliated while panic-buying our way through the best squads Football Manager 2010 had to offer.

If we lose, we sink further into obscurity and possibly towards the trap door into the shittest of all divisions with a bunch of c*nts we can't get rid of and can't afford.

I get why people would feel more urgency about commenting on a loss than a win to be fair.

Not sure if ghoulish or just fearful really. I mean I know we're not going down this season but each defeat kind of makes you realise that next season will be more of the same but this time without the early goals of Austin to flatter our league position further.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 11:16 - Mar 7 with 1788 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2016-02-06 45349
2016-02-07 35802
2016-02-08 35199

2016-02-13 55927
2016-02-14 43335
2016-02-15 45270

2016-02-27 42616
2016-02-28 34284
2016-02-29 34985

Shouting angry bollocks at strangers will get you arrested or sectioned nowadays, so it's done on LFW words instead..

In between defeats (historically not a long period of time) a bit of spousal abuse and passive aggressive behaviour at work usually suffices.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 11:36 - Mar 7 with 1747 viewspomanjou

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 13:15 - Mar 6 by richpr

Thanks - I didn't know that. Still

Regardless of that, JFH team selection with Tozser and Henry in the same team is just too much for me to bear

Oh dear sweetie, get some balls, pull yourself together, look on the bright side and accept that he knows better than you what he is doing even if he doesn't. Too much to bear, jeeez....

Promotion is next season.

Europe is not yet quite on the agenda but on the way.

Onwards and upwards.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 12:50 - Mar 7 with 1684 viewsMatch82

2016-02-06 45349
2016-02-07 35802
2016-02-08 35199

2016-02-13 55927
2016-02-14 43335
2016-02-15 45270

2016-02-27 42616
2016-02-28 34284
2016-02-29 34985

I like to think (hope) that this message board serves as a public service for people to vent their emotions and specifically anger, so that it isn't taken out on others in "real life". Or perhaps we are just a bunch of miserable bstards.

Would be nice if we could tone it down a little after a loss though, it's frustrating to want to come on here and have a rational conversation, when you know the board is just going to be taken over by those in meltdown and brimming with sensationalist overreaction.
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 12:59 - Mar 7 with 1669 viewssuperhoopdownunder

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 12:50 - Mar 7 by Match82

I like to think (hope) that this message board serves as a public service for people to vent their emotions and specifically anger, so that it isn't taken out on others in "real life". Or perhaps we are just a bunch of miserable bstards.

Would be nice if we could tone it down a little after a loss though, it's frustrating to want to come on here and have a rational conversation, when you know the board is just going to be taken over by those in meltdown and brimming with sensationalist overreaction.

It's a great point as you have to think if social media was as prevalent back when Tommy Doc, Frank Sibley or god forbid Paul Hart was manager there would be a meltdown

I expect the past 4.5 years and maybe even going back to before Gianni and Tango and Cash were here is going to take some time for us to recover from.
It is good to not have to worry about promotion or relegation this season.
I would like a few seasons of stability and good progressive football please

Cheers

U R's
JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 14:24 - Mar 7 with 1602 viewsCamberleyR

JFH thinks he's still at Chelsea on 23:52 - Mar 6 by FloridaR

Utter claptrap.

Care to name us some "decent experienced managers"?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 17:42]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024